TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111621 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Heartcliff Islands (August 21st, 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by qolelis View Post
    E-guru beat me to it, oh well.
    That's literally out of order.

Well, beat me to it e-guru did, oh.

Thank you all for the help. I've got the thing from the symbol area now. It's probably time I called a halt for the day, unfortunately.

It's also great that our weather is so lousy at the moment that I'm not torn between outdoors and indoors. Plus I've got a small problem with my knee so I have to rest it a lot. I doubt it's going to get better for at least another 7 hours.

Well, beat me to it e-guru did, oh.
    Anyone else here appreciate our jokes? No matter.

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post

Thank you all for the help. I've got the thing from the symbol area now. It's probably time I called a halt for the day, unfortunately.

It's also great that our weather is so lousy at the moment that I'm not torn between outdoors and indoors. Plus I've got a small problem with my knee so I have to rest it a lot. I doubt it's going to get better for at least another 7 hours.
    Don't go, we kneed you right here, where it hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by urgrue View Post
    Anyone else here appreciate our jokes? No matter.
    Im sorry but i cant understand the joke implicit in that game of words, but i would love to know what are the thick racks used for.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    i would love to know what are the thick racks used for.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdAt4qWvz_8

That's it! You're in, genius. Give only links to youtube clips as clues from now on.

Now you lost me; it's just a clue, not world peace.

According to the objectives, yesterday evening I finished the mission. Though there's still a lot to do, which I don't want to miss.
    I got the G ending.

What I've already done:
    - found the pirate treasure (it was pretty tricky - especially when I had to open that grate on the ceiling)
    - found the thingy, which was the main objective
    - found 9 secrets and a bit more than 5000 loot

What is up to do (more or less, I'm stuck with these )
    - finding the code to the warden's safe
    According to his diary, I thought perhaps the code can puzzled through the cameras, but I haven't even seen numbers via two of the cameras. I also tried to add/substract the numbers seen via the cameras, to the one written in his diary, but still couldn't open it.
    - open any of the metal doors inside the caves
    Those caverns are pretty labyrinth-like, so perhaps I have missed something there. In the caves I found the Foreseer, a Dewdrop, some loot, two exits via teleporting, lots of symbols - some of them were frobbable, one which activated the teleport to the sewers, while the other which enabled the lights, the others were either those next to the elders-door, or the ones resetting the teleports in that lava-room - and also Boniface chronicles R and I. And of course some zombies and haunts, but now they are all sleeping or dead
    For the elemental gem door: should I look for other elemental gems in the area? I've found only an earth gem in the abandoned basement on the west island, which is connected to that teleport pool there.
    I found yet no hearts which were mentioned here
    - also the sabotaging objective is the one still up to do
    - finding at least some of the remaining loot and secrets
    Last edited by Taylor; 25th Aug 2015 at 06:34.

Okay, this will require a lot of youtube-clips...

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    According to the objectives, yesterday evening I finished the mission. Though there's still a lot to do, which I don't want to miss.
    Congratulations on finishing (now the real adventure starts )!

- finding the code to the warden's safe
    According to his diary, I thought perhaps the code can puzzled through the cameras, but I haven't even seen numbers via two of the cameras.
    You are on the right track. Each camera view will give you a digit. Further clue: You might think that you are not seeing anything, but you are.

For the elemental gem door: should I look for other elemental gems in the area?
    Yes. More precisely: up on the surface.

I found yet no hearts which were mentioned here
    Explore more and also remember what it is that you are seeking.
    Last edited by qolelis; 25th Aug 2015 at 08:01.

Quote Originally Posted by prjames View Post
    I remember it was in one of two places (you'll want to visit both)....

1) In a hidden niche in the doctor's office - look for a switch

2) Behind Mr. Borin(g )'s door (fairly high up in Prison building). However, the door won't work, so...

Gentle spoiler: Go outside to get to his room.

Strong spoiler: Go up to the roofs and make your way to his window.

- prjames
    I did go to Mr. Borin's place. I found a whole bunch of poems written on parchment scattered around, and his diary, but not the recipe book. Where exactly is it in that room? It looks pretty small to hide too much.

check the bookcase in the doctors office

I am having problems with the ferry and as no-one else seems to have had trouble with it, I'm obviously doing something wrong or missing a step.

I placed the fuse upstairs, pulled the lever on the machine, entered the number, but can't find a button on the side to 'send'. There's a button on the wall in the fuse room but I don't know what that does. There's also a note in the fuse room about a special tool, am I supposed to find a special tool and do something with it?

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    I am having problems with the ferry and as no-one else seems to have had trouble with it, I'm obviously doing something wrong or missing a step.

I placed the fuse upstairs, pulled the lever on the machine, entered the number, but can't find a button on the side to 'send'. There's a button on the wall in the fuse room but I don't know what that does. There's also a note in the fuse room about a special tool, am I supposed to find a special tool and do something with it?
    nickie, dial code 2857 and Press button (>) on the same console. The panel will send a message. After a while you will get the answer "1111" - "Post approved".

Thank you, Soldi. I'm now going to go and hide in a hole until my blushes subside.

Nice map you built Qolelis, i like the way the rooms are connected to each other and also the moving light from the lighthouse, you could have used some new textures though, for objects, new paintings , new ai skins, and the prison area should definitely have a different texture on the floor. I like the diaries logs.

I will resume this mission once there is a walkthrough available, i just find it too hard for me... even playing on "Normal" mode.

Quote Originally Posted by urgrue View Post
    When you start it, does FMSel say "Thief 2 Final 1.23" or not?
    Oops - it does now. Thanks!
    (Updated my fully-loaded Thief2 folder, but not the one I use to play missions that ask for the clean version.)

go,go, patner in crime and taf the night away

Quote Originally Posted by prjames View Post
    OK, I'm stuck in the red maze in the second island, for lack of a better term. This is the area where I figured out how to teleport back to the first island and back. I have several things I need to figure out.

I figured out by luck the colors of the four elemental gems, even though I only got two so I opened that door. What do I do with the mummified and peppified hearts and how do I keep the mummies from resurrecting? How do I pass the door at the end of the bridge reached beyond the elemental gem door?

What's the combo to the door with the hint talking about respecting your elders?

How do I pass the "some shall pass" door?

Thanks in advance. I want to find the "Foreseer" which I assume is the goal of all this.

Unrelated questions (just curious):

What do I do with the Hand of Glory? (Or, more accurately, where do I use it?)

How do I solve the puzzle of the red "X"s relating to the pirate's treasure? Clearly, my Holy Blood potion doesn't help with that.

This mission is awesome and huge, but maddening.

- prjames

Update: Thanks, qolelis, your clue allowed me to figure out how to get into the combo door. I also realized that the Mummified and pappified heart strongly suggested the parents of one of these mummies and mixing things with these hearts from the recipe book. Unfortunately, I've tried mixing rat blood and blessed water with these hearts but nothing happens. And, neither of these hearts seems to be ready-to-use items for the numbered ritual.

Update: Thanks, Taylor, for hinting that I simply needed to explore/figure out some earlier areas, not solve these puzzles to find the Foreseer, so after much back-and-forth, I now have the Foreseer, and have now completed all mandatory objectives. How do I get off both islands to end the mission? I thought it was simply walking up to the rowboat on the second island, but that didn't work.

Update: Regarding the Hand of Glory, I had it, but because I had already unlocked all doors with keys or lockpicks, I never needed it for its intended purpose.

Update: Regarding the pirate's treasure - the four "X"s, I do have a lantern I've been using but it doesn't seem to change anything regarding the "X"s.

- prjames

How to leave the islands:
    Think about how you would leave using a rowboat in real life.

Let me give you a helping prehensile:
    True love may be hard to find, but it's out there, somewhere.

Further hint:
    When you find it, hold on to it and, most of all, listen.

About the red Xs:
    You are very close, but let me know if you want me to bring more light to the situation.

Technically for me, at least two of the red X-es (the two northern ones) were pretty visible in complete darkness also.

The one in the lighthouse is much easier (and if you explore the area well, perhaps you can even find that part without the mark)
    The one in the laundry I only found by accident in the moment I haven't looked for it and then "oh wait, a red X"
    That one is a little trickier in my opinion, but if you find the X, I think you'll figure what to do next.

[...]

Let me give you a helping prehensile:
    True love may be hard to find, but it's out there, somewhere.

Further hint:
    When you find it, hold on to it and, most of all, listen.[...]
    Hm... perhaps this way I can go further in "exploring".

Though I'm still stuck in the caves. Exceptionally I was able to figure it myself how could I open the elemental door, but I missed first the map about the gems, and only found the Earth gem. But after finding those gems (thanks for the hints about that map) it was quite easy.
    Inside I think I've explored the area and somehow the 'Some shall pass' door became frobbable (and opened) to me from that side.

Though, I haven't clearly understood how that "cloud of symbols" or whatever exactly works, and what is it good for, other than opening the "be more than you can be" door. And also don't know if the different versions of that thingy have additional use.

Still could not open the respect the elders door. I've found quite some symbols all around, but I don't know how to continue.
    According to one of your previous hint about arithmethics, I thought perhaps I could frob those symbols one by one as many times as they can be found there. But even then probably I've missed a few a one, and I'm confused whether the frobbable and floating symbols also count, or just the "normal" unfrobbable ones.

And one more thing, I haven't spotted before is a thing on the wall with frobbable gems and red lines appearing between them. I don't understand what is it for, and haven't read (understood) anything about it from the three scrolls I've found.
    Last edited by Taylor; 27th Aug 2015 at 07:24.

Still could not open the respect the elders door. I've found quite some symbols all around, but I don't know how to continue.
    According to one of your previous hint about arithmethics, I thought perhaps I could frob those symbols one by one as many times as they can be found there. But even then probably I've missed a few a one, and I'm confused whether the frobbable and floating symbols also count, or just the "normal" unfrobbable ones.

Not so gentle hint: Compare the number of tombs in each room in the tombs area to the symbol in each room.

Total spoiler: The symbol represents the number (0-5) of tombs in each room. Enter the symbols in the order 0, 1, 2... 5 on the combo door. This numbering system is also useful for the ritual which is in the room beyond this door.

- prjames

And one more thing, I haven't spotted before is a thing on the wall with frobbable gems and red lines appearing between them. I don't understand what is it for, and haven't read (understood) anything about it from the three scrolls I've found.
    Have you been to the lowest level of the prison and seen the writing on the wall?

The solution is out in the open and enclosed within.

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111621 ... LastLast