TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121722 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Heartcliff Islands (August 21st, 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    And one more thing, I haven't spotted before is a thing on the wall with frobbable gems and red lines appearing between them. I don't understand what is it for, and haven't read (understood) anything about it from the three scrolls I've found.
    You must get to the heart of the matter. Ask Borin.

Your turn.
    Last edited by urgrue; 27th Aug 2015 at 09:29.

Quote Originally Posted by urgrue View Post
    Your turn.
    Clue battle, "declarative or imperative exclamation"!

Quote Originally Posted by qolelis View Post
    How to leave the islands:
    Think about how you would leave using a rowboat in real life.

Let me give you a helping prehensile:
    True love may be hard to find, but it's out there, somewhere.

Further hint:
    When you find it, hold on to it and, most of all, listen.

About the red Xs:
    You are very close, but let me know if you want me to bring more light to the situation.
    Thanks for the help, I've now figured out and found the pirate's treasure. Nice set of challenges.

A readable there (plus ending G) strongly suggests there's a curse on the Foreseer. Unfortunately, simply dumping the Foreseer in the lava doesn't work as I can't end the mission after doing that.

Courtesy of the writing on the bottom floor of the prison hint, I now have the Kings and Queen's hearts and figured out that the King's heart is the powerful item in which love for the target is contained.

I'm stumped: What is the item taken from the target (used in the ritual)? For that matter (which may itself be a hint), what is the target I'm supposed to destroy using the ritual?

- prjames (Now trying to get to a more positive ending than "G")

Quote Originally Posted by prjames View Post
    I'm stumped: What is the item taken from the target (used in the ritual)? For that matter (which may itself be a hint), what is the target I'm supposed to destroy using the ritual?

- prjames (Now trying to get to a more positive ending than "G")
    Before going into details, look at the readables you have relied upon so far, and consider those parts of them you have not used. Which passages seem suggestive to you? Which procedures have you not carried out yet?

1) Think back to your first encounter with the Foreseer.

2) Think about what you read in one of the Captain's diaries.

3) Find all five Boniface chronicles to help understand what you're dealing with.
    Last edited by urgrue; 27th Aug 2015 at 15:27.

so who is going to be the brave soul and make the first video walk through of this mission :P

i don't think fen is ready for a mission of this caliber = taunting him to try it of course

i would love to see dale do this mission ,but even he might not be ready for it

and will we see that one guy who is the most elite of them all try to ghost this with supreme and extra sour cream,it would be a long one for sure

i hope someone can do it ,and ofcourse show all endings with all secrets and any easter eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    i don't think fen is ready for a mission of this caliber = taunting him to try it of course
    I don't think Fen Phoenix isn't doing it because it's too hard for him, he did complete King's Story and that is a pretty difficult fan mission. He's taking a break now because he has neck and throat problems. From the About section of his channel: "Due to continuing neck, throat, and vocal problems I am on indefinite hiatus."

I do hope he comes back though, especially with September looking like a good time with lots of missions being released then.

Okay. I think I've prepared everything to perform the ritual. Though I can't read the "ritual spell" scroll. Or at least it seems to have no effect. What should I do now?

First check that a red cloud is present in each of the five holes - including the one in the middle where you are standing when you read the spell. If this is already the case, then the current combination of items is wrong.

This is indeed a pretty complicated fm, I've been playing it for 10 hours at least.

But I can't figure out the combination to the warden safe

qolelis wrote:
    You are on the right track. Each camera view will give you a digit. Further clue: You might think that you are not seeing anything, but you are.
    I've been looking at the cameras for at least 2 hours, I can't figure out the combination. What is it I'm suppose to see? I saw a female zombie with 113 written in her forehead, but she does not appear any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsie1 View Post
    This is indeed a pretty complicated fm, I've been playing it for 10 hours at least.

But I can't figure out the combination to the warden safe

I've been looking at the cameras for at least 2 hours, I can't figure out the combination. What is it I'm suppose to see? I saw a female zombie with 113 written in her forehead, but she does not appear any more.
    Each screen shows a view through a camera situated in a different part of the prison. Try to get some numbers out of that information.
    Last edited by urgrue; 30th Aug 2015 at 03:55.

One of the numbers is pretty hard to see via the camera. Check it yourself by going down.
    Also you don't have to see any numbers via one of them. So it will be...

For the female zombie - ignore it, in my opinion it's pretty much just there, to scare us

For the female zombie - ignore it, in my opinion it's pretty much just there, to scare us
    Ha ha he he he he he ... 2 x

I have a couple of questions about the ritual's hall. What should I put in the hole № 1 and № 5? I don't quite understand it from the text.

Quote Originally Posted by Soldi View Post
    I have a couple of questions about the ritual's hall. What should I put in the hole № 1 and № 5? I don't quite understand it from the text.
    For #5, where do lyricists (and people in general) say their love for someone is held? For #1, the target of the ritual spell must first be set free - you may have read about this somewhere.

The warden safe:

[QUOTE]
    One of the numbers is pretty hard to see via the camera. Check it yourself by going down.
    Also you don't have to see any numbers via one of them. So it will be...
    I don't get it!

I have been running around to check level and cell block numbers according to cameras, but I'm not certain that's what I'm suppose to do. I'm having trouble with identifying the right level/cell block to the right cameras. I don't think I'm doing the right thing. I need more specific help, because I'm obviously slow.

I don't get it!

I have been running around to check level and cell block numbers according to cameras, but I'm not certain that's what I'm suppose to do. I'm having trouble with identifying the right level/cell block to the right cameras. I don't think I'm doing the right thing. I need more specific help, because I'm obviously slow.
    Are you able to tell which level you are on? For example, the starting cell is on level 1. The numbers get higher as you get lower.

Quote Originally Posted by urgrue View Post
    Are you able to tell which level you are on? For example, the starting cell is on level 1. The numbers get higher as you get lower.
    Already tried the level numbers a few times, but I can't get the right combination. I guess that the highest placed camera must be level 0? I've tried 3102, 31x2 (x=0-9) and many others. So to answer your question about me being able to detect which level the cameras is placed on: No!

The pirate treasure:

Anybody have a clue about what the coloured boxes with switches under. in the pirate cave, are for?
    I've read the pirate story, but missing part 3 though. Never found that.

Already tried the level numbers a few times, but I can't get the right combination. I guess that the highest placed camera must be level 0? I've tried 3102, 31x2 (x=0-9) and many others. So to answer your question about me being able to detect which level the cameras is placed on: No!
    For I know, free is the way to live on.
    Last edited by urgrue; 29th Aug 2015 at 14:08.

If what you do solves the problem, then that was what you were supposed to do.

More or less outright spoilers:
    Check each camera view from left to right, and write down the numbers you see.
    There is at least one number in each camera view, except one.
    The first camera view has two numbers, so choose wisely.
    The third camera view has no number, but no number is also a number (at least in this day and age).
    The fourth camera view has a number, which can be hard to make out, but maybe you can see it better somewhere else.

Having a good visual memory will help. Exploration is key.

I've read the pirate story, but missing part 3 though. Never found that.
    For part 3 you will have to revisit an area and explore more thoroughly. Remember how each key part had a scroll nearby, except one? Why is that? Where would you hide a scroll in that case? It is more or less nearby.

Everything can be deduced...

Pirate treasure: I also had no idea what are those colorful boxes for.

For me what worked:
    Climb onto that barrell. From there, you can mantle onto the lamp on the wall.
    Now you are close enough, to open the grate by frobbing it.

Or at least this is, how I could proceed there.

Pirate treasure: I also had no idea what are those colorful boxes for.

For me what worked:
    Climb onto that barrell. From there, you can mantle onto the lamp on the wall.
    Now you are close enough, to open the grate by frobbing it.

Or at least this is, how I could proceed there.
    I did it like this:

WARNING TOTAL SPOILER!!!!

Use a moss arrow on the drain, and turn on the water, the room is now filled with water, and you are able to swim/float to the grate.

Quote Originally Posted by qolelis View Post
    If what you do solves the problem, then that was what you were supposed to do.

More or less outright spoilers:
    Check each camera view from left to right, and write down the numbers you see.
    There is at least one number in each camera view, except one.
    The first camera view has two numbers, so choose wisely.
    The third camera view has no number, but no number is also a number (at least in this day and age).
    The fourth camera view has a number, which can be hard to make out, but maybe you can see it better somewhere else.

Having a good visual memory will help. Exploration is key.

That did it! Finally.
    Thank you.
    But to me this was not at all logic, considering the leads that were given here. Especially camera #4 was tricky.

That did it! Finally.
    Thank you.
    But to me this was not at all logic, considering the leads that were given here. Especially camera #4 was tricky.
    Yes, that was me, I'm afraid . No excuse. I should think before I wink.

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121722 ... LastLast