TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 556

Thread: T2 FM: Heartcliff Islands (August 21st, 2015)

  1. #201
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2015
    Location: Hungary
    Quote Originally Posted by urgrue View Post
    You've read the chronicles, right? Remember the cave where you found the green dewdrop? The three corpses: left middle, right; who do you think they were?
    Well I think they were the king, queen, and Saint Genowefa. Two of them were already raised as zombies after I took their hearts. While the child corpse is still there.
    Also there was the Foreseer too.
    Should I do/look for something there?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dev_Anj View Post
    I've searched the lighthouse basement very thoroughly, still can't find the treasure indicated by the red x. I need a direct hint I think.
    Hint: look upwards in that room.
    If that didn't help - direct hint: shoot a rope arrow inside the wall of the toilet, climb up onto its roof, you can see there a tiny switch which opens a secret door nearby.

  2. #202
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2004
    Location: netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Urumo View Post
    I have encountered a weird problem with the pushcart carrying the coffin.

    I can move the cart into the elevator, but once it is there, I cannot move it anymore. It highlights (= frobbable), but it does not move.

    When I played the fm the first time, all worked fine; I let made the transport to the other island, the cart went onto the rail and further to the crematory. The ashes in the ashbunker below the furnace however were to far away to reach. Is that intended? Do I need a special tool here to reach the ashes?

    Anyway, I restarted the mission (after a fresh re-boot), made a lot of things on both islands, but when I wanted to do the "burnt remains" thing, the cart does not move out of the elevator.

    How comes this? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance
    urumo
    Did you open the hatch in the harbour by any change?(the one showing the gear from the ferrycables)
    If that one is opened, the pushcart won't move because it's path is blocked. One of the testers had this "problem"

  3. #203
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2008
    Location: Much-Grovelling-In-The-Maw
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Well I think they were the king, queen, and Saint Genowefa. Two of them were already raised as zombies after I took their hearts. While the child corpse is still there.
    Also there was the Foreseer too.
    That's right, so you can guess what the something powerful might be, and confirm it with red smoke. However, if the spell still does not work then at least one of the other items is wrong. And you should be aware that dewdrop is wrong for that ritual.

  4. #204
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2008
    Location: Much-Grovelling-In-The-Maw
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Hint: look upwards in that room.
    If that didn't help - direct hint: shoot a rope arrow inside the wall of the toilet, climb up onto its roof, you can see there a tiny switch which opens a secret door nearby.
    There should be a ladder there, if I remember rightly.

  5. #205
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2008
    Location: Much-Grovelling-In-The-Maw
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Should I do/look for something there?
    No. You want something taken from the target, and it's not easy to see what that could be. Here are some broad hints to get you started (which I may have mentioned before.)

    • Go back to when you first saw the Foreseer in the prison. What is that falling from it?
    • Read the recipe book again, and try to make the other potions.
    • Use one of them on the target referred to in the recipe book.
    • Figure out what happens next.

  6. #206
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2003
    Location: Switzerland
    Quote Originally Posted by nightshifter View Post
    Did you open the hatch in the harbour by any change?(the one showing the gear from the ferrycables)
    If that one is opened, the pushcart won't move because it's path is blocked. One of the testers had this "problem"
    Hi Nightshifter - yes, that was the "problem". Thanks.
    Urumo

  7. #207
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2001
    Quote Originally Posted by Dev_Anj View Post
    I've searched the lighthouse basement very thoroughly, still can't find the treasure indicated by the red x. I need a direct hint I think.
    IIRC, look for a switch on the ceiling of the "area above the bathroom" in the ceiling (e.g. climb that ladder and go to the other side). That will open a small niche along the crawlway out to the water/sewers.

    - prjames

  8. #208
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2015
    I need hints for all the other three red X's. I found them but didn't find the treasure they're supposed to indicate.

  9. #209
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2004
    Location: netherlands
    @dev-anjthe three x's are noting more than an indiation for the place where you have to be

    trick is you first have to find find 3 parts of the pirate's key. found near the x's . together they make the key to open the way to the pirate's treasure


    spoil:first one is in basement of the lighthouse
    second in the laundry (look up)
    third one you will have to take a swimm

  10. #210
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2008
    Location: Much-Grovelling-In-The-Maw
    Quote Originally Posted by Dev_Anj View Post
    I need hints for all the other three red X's. I found them but didn't find the treasure they're supposed to indicate.
    The treasure map has four red Xs: three show locations of key parts, the fourth shows the entrance to the treasure.

  11. #211
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2005
    Location: Hitchin, Hertfordshire, UK
    I am also having a problem finding the treasure, on Expert. I have a Pirate Key, and would appreciate a fairly direct spoiler as to where to use it. I think I have been to all four red X places, but I can't recall, and the lack of lighting outside (even with the lamp) makes navigation between them difficult.

  12. #212
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2008
    Location: Much-Grovelling-In-The-Maw
    Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    I am also having a problem finding the treasure, on Expert. I have a Pirate Key, and would appreciate a fairly direct spoiler as to where to use it. I think I have been to all four red X places, but I can't recall, and the lack of lighting outside (even with the lamp) makes navigation between them difficult.
    If you had been to the pirate entrance, you would know it. There is a circular lock with a key-shaped recess which highlights sitting right next to it.

  13. #213
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2005
    Location: Hitchin, Hertfordshire, UK
    Quote Originally Posted by urgrue View Post
    If you had been to the pirate entrance, you would know it. There is a circular lock with a key-shaped recess which highlights sitting right next to it.
    Which X is it please?

  14. #214
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2008
    Location: Much-Grovelling-In-The-Maw
    Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    Which X is it please?
    Here is one way to the pirate entrance. Go to end of the sewers where the waterfall is. Climb or swim down (avoiding the worm,) then swim up and out to the sea. The entrance to the cave is immediately below where you emerge.

  15. #215
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2005
    Location: Hitchin, Hertfordshire, UK
    Thanks, I found it after posting. Now I've filled the chamber with water, but the grate I guess I need to go through will not frob open, so I assume I have to solve the button puzzle. I have no idea how to do that.

  16. #216
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2008
    Location: Much-Grovelling-In-The-Maw
    Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    ... so I assume I have to solve the button puzzle. I have no idea how to do that.
    Some colours are closer together than others. But don't despair, there are only 120 possible combinations using each button once, and your chances of randomly solving it are as high as 1 in 60.

  17. #217
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2005
    Location: Hitchin, Hertfordshire, UK
    Quote Originally Posted by urgrue View Post
    Some colours are closer together than others. But don't despair, there are only 120 possible combinations using each button once, and your chances of randomly solving it are as high as 1 in 60.
    Thanks for nothing. I'm parking this mission now, it has outstayed its welcome.

  18. #218
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2008
    Location: Much-Grovelling-In-The-Maw
    I was angry with my friend:
    I told my wrath, my wrath did end...
    Last edited by urgrue; 1st Sep 2015 at 16:20. Reason: People might get upset

  19. #219
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2004
    Location: netherlands
    @Urgrue

    Is it really your goal to frustrate taffers and make them dump the mission??

    I think this mission is way to good to be abandoned because you drive taffers away with ( not even a bit) funny remarks and William Blake.

  20. #220
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2008
    Location: Much-Grovelling-In-The-Maw
    Quote Originally Posted by urgrue View Post
    I was angry with my friend:...
    Roses are red,
    Violets are blue,
    Blake was an idiot,
    And so is urgrue.

  21. #221
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2008
    Location: Much-Grovelling-In-The-Maw
    Quote Originally Posted by nightshifter View Post
    Is it really your goal to frustrate taffers and make them dump the mission??
    No.
    Quote Originally Posted by nightshifter View Post
    I think this mission is way to good to be abandoned because you drive taffers away with ( not even a bit) funny remarks and William Blake.
    I agree.

  22. #222
    Wow, is my mission really that good to be worth all this drama?

    Nice poem, though, shame you removed it.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nigRT2KmCE

    With that said, let's move on...

    So, about the pirate's coloured crates puzzle:
    Look at the colours before and after: do you perhaps notice a difference in how they are ordered?

    And a reminder: Finding the pirate treasure is optional, so you can skip it - or, if you don't want to skip it, go do something else and return to it later. Expert is Expert, though, so, if this puzzle frustrates you to no end, you might not like what's to come on the next island and you might want to play on a lower difficulty.

  23. #223
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2004
    Location: netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by qolelis View Post
    Wow, is my mission really that good to be worth all this drama?

    yes

    And a reminder: Finding the pirate treasure is optional, s
    haha, telling a taffer that a pirate treasure is optional is like telling my dog that she don't have to eat that sausage

  24. #224
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2001
    Quote Originally Posted by urgrue View Post
    No. You want something taken from the target, and it's not easy to see what that could be. Here are some broad hints to get you started (which I may have mentioned before.)

    • Go back to when you first saw the Foreseer in the prison. What is that falling from it?
    • Read the recipe book again, and try to make the other potions.
    • Use one of them on the target referred to in the recipe book.
    • Figure out what happens next.
    Question: I don't remember seeing the Foreseer in the prison, only much later when I got the Foreseer. What location in the prison did I first see the Foreseer? (Playing normal difficulty.)

    Other questions:

    I've found Green Dewdrop but not Red Dewdrop. Where is it? (For that matter - in this area, I've still not found my way beyond the "Be more than all you can be" or "Some shall pass" doors.)

    For the objective "Destroy vital equipment so I can delay the search posse" I have no idea where to start. Some ideas would be welcome.

    Thanks in advance.

    - prjames

  25. #225
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2008
    Location: Much-Grovelling-In-The-Maw
    Quote Originally Posted by prjames View Post
    Question: I don't remember seeing the Foreseer in the prison, only much later when I got the Foreseer. What location in the prison did I first see the Foreseer? (Playing normal difficulty.)
    Remember those haunts? What was controlling them? Read the Captain's other diary.

    Quote Originally Posted by prjames View Post
    I've found Green Dewdrop but not Red Dewdrop. Where is it?
    The red dewdrop is in another realm. I haven't the heart to tell you where to find it, but you might have. On second thoughts, you couldn't possibly have it.

    Quote Originally Posted by prjames View Post
    For the objective "Destroy vital equipment so I can delay the search posse" I have no idea where to start. Some ideas would be welcome.
    • Several communications should do the trick. Look up "title" in the journal of the Royal Entomological Society.
    • Put a spanner in the works or, barring that, a pole of some kind.
    Last edited by urgrue; 1st Sep 2015 at 22:37.

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •