TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: T1 FM "Awaken!" by Sperry (NOT "The Awakening" by Dennis Martin)

T1 FM "Awaken!" by Sperry (NOT "The Awakening" by Dennis Martin)

I can't seem to find help on the latter stages of this one. There seems to have been much confusion with "The Awakening" in the past. BTW, searching on "Awaken" I get a Search Results page displaying 1 to 24 of 54 results, but with apparently no way to access results 25 upwards!

I'm in mission 3 (I think), the first one where it's daylight outside. I've been down a new underground passage in the tomb area which, in one direction, leads to the key which opens the grid over the well and the well shaft itself; and in the other leads to a crypt which is apparently a dead end with nothing in it. I do not have the key which opens the cemetery gate (opening that gate is the sole objective). I also do not have keys for the two footlockers in the novices dorm, nor for the chest in the (now heavily occupied) chapel. Can anyone with good notes or a very long memory help me out please?

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    I'm in mission 3 (I think), the first one where it's daylight outside. I've been down a new underground passage in the tomb area which, in one direction, leads to the key which opens the grid over the well and the well shaft itself; and in the other leads to a crypt which is apparently a dead end with nothing in it. I do not have the key which opens the cemetery gate (opening that gate is the sole objective). I also do not have keys for the two footlockers in the novices dorm, nor for the chest in the (now heavily occupied) chapel. Can anyone with good notes or a very long memory help me out please?
    We appear to have played the game and triggered different events

I never found a new underground passage which lead to the key that opened the grill over the well, but i do know there are not any keys for the 2 footlockers, [/SPOIL] I checked with Dromed and i don't believe there are any keys for the chest in the chapel, IIRC.

your description of how you got to where you are in the mission does not tarry with how i completed this mission

Here's my walkthrough the Awaken! I will be going back to clean up and update a number of my T1/TG missions in a couple of months, so would appreciate knowing where is this new underground passage and how did you open it ?

thanks in advance

Thanks for the Walkthrough Fortuni. I'll take another look at the altar in the chapel to see if there's a key there.

The entrance to the underground passage (which leads to the well key) is in the tombs area, close to where you start in mission 1. It is a hole in the wall which just appears there between missions 2 and 3.

But don't go all the way back to your original starting tomb space. I have encountered a bug whereby if, in mission 3, you go back all the way to your original starting point, the game abruptly ends (even though you haven't opened the cemetery gates).

The key was on the altar, and the mission ended when I left through the open gate. The underground area appears to serve little purpose, but it is there. The two footlockers and the chest remain unopened.

it's one strange mission, but then again have you played Thief: Brainchild or Virtual Asylum

Does that walkthrough make sense to you?.....apart from the tomb area, that I'll check out, is there anything else that i missed that you found?

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    it's one strange mission, but then again have you played Thief: Brainchild or Virtual Asylum

Does that walkthrough make sense to you?.....apart from the tomb area, that I'll check out, is there anything else that i missed that you found?
    The walkthrough looked fine to me, thanks.

Finished Awaken! in 14 minutes with no hints. I really like the concept of playing as an undead searching for an escape route from a Hammerite compound over the course of several nights, with object placements and guard patrol patterns changing each night. Sadly, the mission feels short and unfinished. The area below the well serves no purpose. I would have missed it entirely without Marbrien's comments in this thread. I also encountered the bug on the third day where the mission just ends if you return to your tomb. When you finally escape through the main gate, you end up in a small area in empty space enclosed by invisible walls. Wish Sperry had had the time to flesh Awaken! out more. It could have been great.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    Wish Sperry had had the time to flesh Awaken! out more. It could have been great.
    Funny you say that, because somewhat recently he mentioned that he has worked on a revamp of this FM (https://shadowofdoubtcampaign.wordpr...-plays-awaken/). Of course, whether that (or any of the other amazing works-in-progress he's shown) will be released remains to be seen.

I would play a revamped Awaken!