TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Post Questions Here for Bad Blood II, Mission 3

Post Questions Here for Bad Blood II, Mission 3

Use this to post your questions and comments for Ricebug's new campaign, Bad Blood II.

game is crashing at start of mission 3.....am using FMsel, should i have played via darkloader ? it doesn't say anything about fm loader in notes....

great mission Terry, would love to see your train tho

Same here with FMSel.
    The intro of mission 3 plays fine, but when mission itself should actually start, it always simply crashes.

EDIT: It appears that the crash appears on Hard & Expert only, but not on Normal !
    Hope this helps to narrow it down a bit.
    Last edited by gnartsch; 21st May 2014 at 19:18.

Same here using FMsel on expert.

Last log entries are:

: Loaded script module "twscript.osm"
    : Loaded script module "nvscript.osm"
    : Loaded script module "tnhscript.osm"
    : Loaded script module "script.osm"
    : Loaded script module "convict.osm"
    : Loaded script module "gen.osm"

This came up during beta but no solution could be found. (Yandros has since found the cause.)

EDIT: Version 2a fixes this and other problems.
    Last edited by Ricebug; 23rd May 2014 at 09:22.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    I thought we had fixed that. Did that change get undone by me or something?

Is anyone else getting really bad lag on this level?

Quote Originally Posted by Ricebug View Post
    EDIT: D/L this and extract it into your T2 folder. You can't use any savegames. Tell me if it now works on the other difficulty levels.
    sorry Ricebug....that didn't work, either, still crashing...tried on both hard and expert ...

guess ill have to try again on Easy

EDIT: D/L this and extract it into your T2 folder. You can't use any savegames. Tell me if it now works on the other difficulty levels.
    Didn't work for me.

I think you meant replacing the mis20.mis file. Since I'm using FMsel I replaced the mis20.mis file in the .\t2\FMs\BB2_V1\ folder where it was initially installed.

There is difference however, now the a crash.dmp file was modified if that would help.

Mission 3 will only run well with a high-end graphics card. Some beta-testers had no problems, others had continual crashes.

Why? It's pretty darn difficult to create a believable train yard within a modest-sized space. While the level is populated with quite a few solitary walls and decorative buildings to try and block scene complexity, there are still areas where you can peek and get really bad frame rates. Give me a few hours and I'll upload a "low-rent" version of this level to see if that helps.

Download this version and that should stop the crashes in Hard and Expert.
    Last edited by Ricebug; 23rd May 2014 at 09:23.

d. 2014
    finished a nice mission,,what was the key I got for, I never found a use for it,,

Mission 3 will only run well with a high-end graphics card. Some beta-testers had no problems, others had continual crashes.

Why? It's pretty darn difficult to create a believable train yard within a modest-sized space. While the level is populated with quite a few solitary walls and decorative buildings to try and block scene complexity, there are still areas where you can peek and get really bad frame rates. Give me a few hours and I'll upload a "low-rent" version of this level to see if that helps.
    I have a decent graphics card though (AMD Radeon HD 7870)

But yeah a low rent version would be great because the mission looks really cool so thank you

Hi Ricebug. Thanks for the mission. I got through M1 & 2 and I am working now on 3. I've had other problems so far than just the video (which is pretty bad for me in the train yard).

Problems so far:

1. After climbing to the toilet area of the Inn, I grabbed the crate and carefully crept to the vent and tried to quitely drop the crate to climb up... Always alerts everyone. Too sensitive in my opinion. After black jacking about 6 random guards, Mechanists, Hammers, etc, I was able to get to the original goal. Maybe some moss arrows would have done the trick.

2. The thiefy/keeper looking guy at the very end of the bar area just sits there and shouts insults at me, but does not move at all. I am blocked from getting to him, unless I jump over the railing.

3. AI are getting stuck everywhere - especially at the bar near the toilet end. They seem too stupid to turn around

4. When I did manage to get into the vent area in the bar I could not get back out. The ladder would auto mount. Yes, I could turn that off, but I should not have to. Seems to mee the ladder is just a little too low. Nit picking, I know...

5. So I climbed up the ladder and get into a small room. The door will not frob, just highlights. I had to bash it open. Is that intentional? I should be able to pick it. No sounds, just highlight when frobbed.

I am playing the V2 version of the FM. My system is old. XP (yes, I know I should retire it) + 3500 Single core AMD Athlon + 2 GB memory + NVidia 610 with 2 GB of video ram.

Fun game so far, but mission 3 is giving me trouble. Thanks Ricebug for working on a "lite" version for us legacy system users.

Cheers
    Last edited by bjack; 22nd May 2014 at 18:47.

I need the low rent version too. I have an i5 with hd card and when I get outside the bar in version 2 it freezes and goes non responding. Any eta on the low rent version?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stingm View Post
    I need the low rent version too. I have an i5 with hd card and when I get outside the bar in version 2 it freezes and goes non responding. Any eta on the low rent version?

Thanks
    There are a couple of wrongly sized textures, that's the reason of crashes. Just I found these in Obj/txt16 but probably there are more:

Quote Originally Posted by bjack View Post
    1. After climbing to the toilet area of the Inn, I grabbed the crate and carefully crept to the vent and tried to quitely drop the crate to climb up... Always alerts everyone. Too sensitive in my opinion.
    Not much I can do about that, unless I place some carpet there. I've noticed that problem in other missions, where you'd drop a key and half the city would wake up.

2. The thiefy/keeper looking guy at the very end of the bar area just sits there and shouts insults at me, but does not move at all. I am blocked from getting to him, unless I jump over the railing.
    Which mission? If it's the first one, that's deliberate.

3. AI are getting stuck everywhere - especially at the bar near the toilet end. They seem too stupid to turn around
    Yeah, I worked on that one for quite a while and always got different results. It seems they all ignore the flee points (one of which is at the bar's front entrance). Putting a Block Path only forced the AI to look for another spot to run to (and there are quite a few).

4. When I did manage to get into the vent area in the bar I could not get back out. The ladder would auto mount. Yes, I could turn that off, but I should not have to. Seems to me the ladder is just a little too low. Nit picking, I know...
    It took a fair amount of adjusting that ladder to avoid getting stuck. You have to climb til you stop and then crouch. You'll slip right into the vent opening.

5. So I climbed up the ladder and get into a small room. The door will not frob, just highlights. I had to bash it open. Is that intentional? I should be able to pick it. No sounds, just highlight when frobbed.
    The door is locked and needs to be lockpicked. Room brush issue.

I took the time to answer your comments because the fan base deserves as much. There are some apparent (and appalling) texture problems that somehow, some way, slipped in through the back door. I have a notion of what happened but it'll just sound like excuse-making, so I'll just fix those and upload a version 3.

Zombified
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensut View Post
    There are a couple of wrongly sized textures, that's the reason of crashes. Just I found these in Obj/txt16 but probably there are more
    just a reminder, non-power of two textures are a big no-no, this will cause lockups on older cards, and while newer ones with full non-power of two texture support are generally able to chew trough them, using such textures is still a Bad Idea™ - if the mission uses such textures, they should be converted properly asap.

The aberrant textures were fixed and V2a was uploaded.

Which mission? If it's the first one, that's deliberate.

It took a fair amount of adjusting that ladder to avoid getting stuck. You have to climb til you stop and then crouch. You'll slip right into the vent opening.

The door is locked and needs to be lockpicked. Room brush issue.

I took the time to answer your comments because the fan base deserves as much. There are some apparent (and appalling) texture problems that somehow, some way, slipped in through the back door. I have a notion of what happened but it'll just sound like excuse-making, so I'll just fix those and upload a version 3.
    The Keeper guy who just sits is in mission 3 in the Inn. I'm actually glad he could not move.

The locked door would not unpick for me, so I bashed it down.

As for the "appalling" issues... I am thankful you built this in the first place. I know it will get fixed, if it has not already. There are plenty of fan missions that have a few bugs here and there. As long as they do not stop play, I usually work around them

I got through missions 1 and 2 pretty well. I look forward to restarting 3 with the new 2a version. If that one craps out, then I will just wait for the next one. Thanks Ricebug and all that are helping with this FM.

Yeah, it's sort of frustrating. The thing underwent a fairly heavy beta-test. But at least V2a answers the critical issues. I'll be in Washington State next week. When I return I'll address the housecleaning that needs to be done to the campaign.

FYI, I won't release an FM to the public until my beta-testers tell me it's good to go. And even with the folks of Yandros' caliber checking it over, things will still fall through the cracks.

Yeah, it's sort of frustrating. The thing underwent a fairly heavy beta-test. But at least V2a answers the critical issues. I'll be in Washington State next week. When I return I'll address the housecleaning that needs to be done to the campaign.

FYI, I won't release an FM to the public until my beta-testers tell me it's good to go. And even with the folks of Yandros' caliber checking it over, things will still fall through the cracks.
    Well v2a still slows down a lot in the train yard areas for me, but it was playable. Completed mission 3. I didn't search for all the toy trains though. I only got 9. Nice mission, but I seem to have done most everything in reverse. Once I got into somewhere, I found an easier way in

There were some funny things. In the bank vault area the bots are easy to "trap" under the elevator and crush. I exploded the 2 of them that way. They tended not to want to fire at me at all, so I made them chase me into the pit of the elevator (sent to the 2nd or 3rd floor, then ran around and opened the safe. Once done with that, I lowered the elevator and crushed the last bot.

Question. With these new style bots, can they be disabled with water arrows? I never found any water arrows so I could not try. They don't have a fire door, but I figured that is just cosmetic.

Thanks again Ricebug for this FM. Glad to see a new one, since I was really Jonesing for new stuff. Some good ideas in these missions.

Uh, how do you actually end the mission? I've poked about in lots of trains and it's not finished.

Incidentally, that "Huntley & Palmers" texture? They're now probably best known for this euphemism.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiz View Post
    Uh, how do you actually end the mission? I've poked about in lots of trains and it's not finished.

The southwest corner of the map has the boxcar you need. Once inside the boxcar, you'll find a readable talking about the threat of stowaways. In that boxcar, frob open the crate and enter it (and wait a bit) to end the mission.

- prjames

What is the combination to....

The bank vault on the lowest floor?

Found it! It is...

Last edited by meyou123; 26th May 2014 at 22:56.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast