TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gheldorf text file fix

Gheldorf text file fix

I know I'm an idiot

Apparently I submitted my FM with a placeholder textfile I was using to test with in Darkloader. Here is the missing info:

Author: Devilock
    Date: May 21, 2002
    * Text Briefing *

The High Towne Council is meeting this week to work on the "poverty problem" plagueing this fair city. Lord Gheldorf is having a little shindig at his Townhouse to sway more votes from his constituents. Seems he's trying to get a bill passed in support of his theories mentioned in his new best selling book, "Civilism". At it's core, this philosophy states that lower classes should turn over their possessions to their rulers ( who are more fitted to properly spend them) who in turn are charged with overseeing the wellbeing of their subjects.

The whole mess makes you want to puke.......

But you've got your own theory on how wealth should be distributed....... Any time some bigshot throws a party, there's bound to be a good bit of money on hand for expenses in addition to expensive artifacts on show.

Now what type of thief are you...
    Scoudrel - "As long as I get what I want, I don't care what I have to do."
    Headhunter - "Remove the head, and the rest of the beast shall die."
    Shadow - " I steal...... I don't kill."

PLease respond to this thread if you tried the mission

thanks
    lock

Good misssion devilock!!!
    I really liked it. I had no trouble playing without the briefing. One question. I was playing on normal, and was wondering if you can
    spoiler:
    open the secret door in the office on normal difficulty? I couldn't find a switch.

yes it is possible to open the secret door on any difficulty .

spoiler:
    There is a Very Small Button hidden somewhere in the office

If you need more specific info than that, I'll send you a PrivateMessage

Thanks for the feedback

lock

Thiefmissions.com

I've updated the copy of the mission on my site.
    - J<

This is an interesting mission , I had to pull out a few tricks tp take the guards out in this one . Poor old Benny , it's almost a shame having to black jack him . I haven't found the office button yet , maybe more of an ingame hint is in order ? There is a hint about the door itself , however that much is fairly easy to see .
    Thanks for another fun FM .

There is a note somewhere when playing on normal that helps you with opening the door to the secret room. I have to say the loot target on normal is very tight. I am still about 300 short and have been everywhere twice already but it is a nice quick mission for those who only have a short time to spare.

Really enjoyable mission Devilock, Im playing it on expert and Im still about 50 in loot short. As the great Sir Gheldorff himself once said "GIMME THE MONEY !"
    Just one thing ...
    spoiler:
    what does the captain of the guards red key open?
    I tried everywhere couldnt find anything . Mind you I had my kids "assisting" me so I probably overlooked something.
    hope the spoiler thing worked.

What's up with this download? It says Gheldorf, but in Darkloader, it's playing LOTP.

Thanks to everyone who has tried my mission

Madwolf the red key
    spoiler:
    opens his office, the room below his bedroom.
    this door can be picked it just takes a long time. I included the key so the player has an option. Pick the lock and run the risk of making to much noise, or steal the key from the captain.

Uncadonego, I'm not sure what happened to you. Maybe try redownloading the file. I hope someone with more experience can offer more onfo.

hey bdkl, so I take it you liked the kitchen scene

lock

You done an excellent job on the kitchen scene . I get a real kick out the ongoing Benny saga . Who does his voice and can we expect more ?

OK, I unzipped your mission and found a few miss 10 files. In my user config file, I have mission 10 uncommented, because I like to play that one often. I re-commented mission 10 in the user config file, and now your mission will play.

Uncadonego I'm glad you got it working

BDKL all the voices in the mission were done by me. The Benny character happens to be my favorite and I intend to make him have constant appearances in future missions. If anyone's needs someone to do voice work, email me. ( Boy,.. do I need a real job )

lock

Thanks for the hint about the button Devilock, i found it!
    I absolutely loved the converstaion between Benny and the servant, in the kitchen!
    I've finished on expert, and have all required loot, but i am 100 short of the total, Is there any hidden about anywhere, that's hard to find?

Yes... there is some hard to find loot

My mission may not be that big ( that's MISSION isn't big ....... my anatomy is not up for discussion ) and I may not have had my texturing technique established, but I tried to put in some little surprises ( an Easter Egg hunt if you will ) .

I responded to dreamer with a PM, should anyone else need help with loot locations, feel free to PM me. ..... just don't BS me .

lock

Fun. Played it on normal and expert. On expert the hammer isn't an objective. Odd. On expert, I am 22 shy of the loot count. Anyone found it all yet?

Red Key
    Cheers Devilock , I'd already been in that room.
    Never did find the last of that loot though...........

Very nice mission, Devilock! I thoroughly enjoyed it and I hope you're planning on making more for the rest of us greedy Taffers.

Thanks very much.

help needed

We can't find the 3rd secret (on normal). Is it somewhere around the small banner in the main hall? There seems to be a big door.

Outknockers,
    spoiler:
    There are two secrets related to the passageway between the office and the main bedroom, and another one in the kitchen.

Uncadonego,
    I managed to find all the loot (with a little help from Devilock) if you need any hints.

Thanks for the great mission, Devilock! It's an amazing first effort and I had a lot of fun with it. I came up a bit short (150g.) on the total loot, so if you kept a loot list, Dreamer, I'd appreciate it if you'd send it to me. I found all the secrets, so it's not that.

great mission - well done!

it's a good one if you want a quick easy mission to kill some time. keep up the good work, devilock

Wow.. thanks for all the compliments guys, I'm glad ya'll enjoyed it ( anyone figure out what the "cock a doodle doo " thing's about? ....cuz I don't know ). I was just trying to make a map with an idea that instead of three difficulty levels, the map is the same on all three settings. Since everyone from "Lytha" to "Rambo" plays thief, I was trying to accomodate three different styles of play in an attempt to cover the spectrum. Instead of say "The Inverted Manse" which changed the actual gameplay for each level of difficulty. The level of difficulty I presumed would be subjective to the player. ie: it is easier to accomplish the mission on "Scoundrel" setting since you could just kill everyone on the map then take your sweet time perusing every nook and cranny for items to swipe. ( a very dastardly method .... but don't the ends justify the means? )

As far as the loot amounts being to strict, my intention was that since the map is rather small ( sometimes isn't that all you really want .... you know to fill a half hour or so ? ) I figured I'd try to entice the player to spend a bit more time combing through the rooms to find any wayward goodies. On the other hand, I do realize I'm still but an amateur and I regret not being able to create beautiful architecture ( "The Art of Thievery" comes to mind ... wonderful map ). .... I guess when it comes down to it the whole map is just an excuse to do silly little scripted scenes like the one in the kitchen .

Anyway, if you've managed to read this i thank you and feel free to Priv Message me any more questions you may have about loot or whatnot.

lock

Nicely Done

Devilock,

Great job on this fm.! I was a little concerned over the loot requirment for Expert, but just squeaked by with 2103. Do you have a loot map for this mission? I do have a couple of questions, One - would a flashbomb (just one) be too much to ask to help with the guard in front of the office? Either that or a switch for the secret door in the bedroom? I never found a switch for the secret door in the lords bedroom, if it exists and the one in the office soo tiny, I almost missed it. I had the devil's own time taking out the guard in front of the office. No lights to turn off, no torches/lamp to put out, very tough! I hate having to resort to my bag of dirty tricks to beat these things. It feels like cheating sometimes. I much prefer stealth and patience and a nice quiet application of blackjack. Just my bit.

Sap'em,
    Keep looking, you can get to him from inside the office, open the door and sap'em. But you have to find the way in.

Unca is right, if you're taking the sneaksie aproach then walking right up to the main office door won't work. And yes there is another way in
    spoiler:
    try looking behind objects in the master bedroom
    to the office.

Sap'em your post pointed something I always meant to get around to doing, but it totally slipped my mind . I meant to have a equip store at beginning of level; that would only be right since the board was supposed to be approached 3 different ways and a "Rambo" player wouldn't need as many moss arrows as Lytha. But I think I can be forgiven as it was my first attempt.

On that note feel free to edit things in the map to suit your own style for your own personal enjoyment. Just don't redistribute it .

lock

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast