TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 72 Hour Contest - The Wooden Box (14 December 2015)

72 Hour Contest - The Wooden Box (14 December 2015)

Opening this thread for any discussion or questions that relate to the mission The Wooden Box. Please post here with anything you have. You can download the mission here, the contest thread is here.

You will also need to install the following scripts to your Thief 2 directory, get them here.

DromEd Archmage
    Hey Brethren! Why are you talking about The Swindle Job ? It is the Wooden Box here! xD

I just downloaded the mission right now : the readme said the mission is partially randomized, I don't know yet what does that mean but let's check this out!

Master Builder 2018
    He obviously copied and pasted from another thread, but I changed it to "The Wooden Box".

Thank you for this mission, took me 5 minutes to finish it.

loved the game play in this mission 2467/2667 loot

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    He obviously copied and pasted from another thread, but I changed it to "The Wooden Box".
    Thanks man, I was definitely in a rush today.

For those who finished it, I advise you to replay it at least three times - you won't believe how many things are changing between each playthroughs, this randomizer-thingie is neato!

Hi people! Thanks for this new contest! My question is : when I unlock the box and I am transported, the game finishes and the goals state that I killed the hunter which I did not..the leave the place objective remains unchecked is something wrong or just a misposition of Xs and checks at the goals screen? (I sould add that the mission fails)
    Last edited by nightchild; 15th Dec 2015 at 14:06.

Quote Originally Posted by nightchild View Post
    Hi people! Thanks for this new contest! My question is : when I unlock the box and I am transported, the game finishes and the goals state that I killed the hunter which I did not..the leave the place objective remains unchecked is something wrong or just a misposition of Xs and checks at the goals screen? (I sould add that the mission fails)
    Don't know, I beta-tested it and never encountered the problem. I think you should restart it, it's a tiny mission anyway

What scenarios did you had ? Zombies ? Assassins ? Trapped cellar ? Teleportation trap ? I think I saw them all but I'm not sure

Great mission!!! Will have to play again nothing weird happened when I opened the box?? Loved the playing cards on the kitchen table I have never seen them before!

Just played this one and gonna replay in a while. Very nice mission!

FireMage is this your work?

DromEd Archmage
    Yes! Got all the loot in my seconde run!
    Enemies were numersous but it was fine! ^^

So, DarkMax, It will be lying to tell you that I have not contribute but no this mission is not from me.
    I just gave this guy my scripts and models while it was the time to gather the ressource,
    and I have also translated the text. It is too bad I was not inspired that time because I really wanted to join, at leat, I helped someone working on his
    mission... ^^" But at least I had time to do custom ressource again for the community!

This is a really interesting and intriguing mission. I'd like to find time to go back in and experience the different randomizations.

Just noticed in the Read-me file that the mission title of this FM is 'The Wooden Bow'......

I blame the beta testers

Master Builder 2018
    when I unlock the box and I am transported, the game finishes and the goals state that I killed the hunter which I did not ... I should add that the mission fails
    I experienced exactly the same thing. Can't complete the mission because of this.

Edit: I restarted the mission and played it to this point, and this time it worked.

I just did a replay and got to a set of ladders that you have to climb and jump to get back to the wooden box Man that was difficult and fun!!!!

I will have to play a few more time to see how many different play throughs there are.

Great mission: Thanks to the builder!

when I unlock the box and I am transported, the game finishes and the goals state that I killed the hunter which I did not..the leave the place objective remains unchecked
    The same here. Got 100% loot and the skull.
    Playing the Assassins variant obviously, since no matter how often I restart the mission I always get waht appear to be Assassins. Never came across Zombies or anything else.
    Also, I see there are a bunch of readables which do not show any texts to me (e.g. plaques on the dog cages, lots of letters and books).
    Looks like I would be missing some scripts? But the DromED monolog does not point out anything missing.
    I even tried to extract that additional script file, although everything got extracted by FMSel correctly. No change.
    (some cleanup on the script folder would be nice. Don't see why there are also *.STR files and other stuff)

So, what am I missing?

gnartsch: Did you download the script file for this? Because I tried it without them and there were many things messed up like I could not scroll thru my inventory and textures were misaligned.

Something I forgot to mention:
    I found a lot of keys while playing on Expert and I have 6 Vault keys in my inventory, which seems to be a lot!
    And I do not recall that any door would have been locked, so no key was required at all anywhere.

Is that expected and due to the 72h limit or is that a symptom of things not working for me?
    I was playing on Expert.

Master Builder 2018
    I had the same experience, gnartsch. I could be wrong, but I suspect that the number of keys is one of the randomly generated things that occurs each time you start the mission.

DromEd Archmage
    gnartsch : It sounds you have not downloaded the scripts or installed them correctly, as pwl I tried the mission without and saw what you are saying while playing.
    Install the scripts in your main T2 directory and you may have something better

To whoever the author is: I noticed you compiled the mission in 16-bit lighting. Don't know if this was an oversight or intentional. Just figured you may want to do the 32- or 64-bit lighting if you release an update.

BTW, there are a total of 7 Vault Keys.
    Last edited by Ricebug; 20th Dec 2015 at 19:48.

Nice mission!

Killed the spider thing while it stood on the plinth. How was it supposed to come alive?

Never found the key to the Ground Floor Metal door near the dog pens and servant woman's quarters.

Couldn't mantle out of the vat of blood - had to restart. I tried this a few times.

I notice references above to teleporting and the wooden box. Never happened to em (on expert).

I have 44 KO's and 2670 loot and the Wooden Box Where is the Golden Skull? Great fun, loads of weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by bedwine View Post
    I have 44 KO's and 2670 loot and the Wooden Box Where is the Golden Skull? Great fun, loads of weapons.
    bedwine:
    Hint: Upstairs in the room to the right of the spider-thing.
    Spoil: Check the training dummy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast