TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 Campaign - Keeper of Infinity 2: Mission 1 - Bad Venture (6 Jan 2016)

llanita,

It looks like you have done just about everything. I don't really know how to help you then. Also, I played on "Garrett" (Hard) and you are on Expert. Don't know how that might make a difference.

You may just want to CTRL+SHIFT+END and move on if you are ready. You still carry through all the equipment you have up to that point if you force end it.

Hopefully some others who have finished it in Expert can provide more insight.

Thanks so much elkston, I appreciate it. I was thinking of finishing this mission and going to the next but there's something about not doing that in the readme so I've been plodding on

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Forget the vines.
    Thank you Tannar, evidently I am very, very rusty at dark engine games these days...

Soul Tear has produced a fantastic mission here and I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far, however things are even worse here:

Quote Originally Posted by Necrobob View Post
    For those with irritable bowels of the earth: I got out of the place with Faraj by going up the slope on the back of the mound of earth. From the front of the mound, with your back to the pile of rubble, you go to the right, then climb up where there's a bunch of stones. You may need to mantle and crouch a bit to get up, but it wasn't too fiddly. When you're back on top of the mound, shoot a rope arrow into the root next to the place where you came in.
    I feel like I'm playing an Elder Scrolls game. So much faff, reloading, many attempted jumps and mantles. This area should be redesigned. It IS fairly easy to descend but getting back up is an exercise in frustration.
    Last edited by chischis; 11th Jan 2016 at 11:26.

@Ilanita: How sure are you that you have found all 12 silver nuggets?

Anyway, there is very little more to experience in the mission so you may as well move on.

Master Builder 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by chischis View Post
    It IS fairly easy to descend but getting back up is an exercise in frustration.
    Try this: Go around to the left side of the big mound in the center. When you've gone as far as you can on the ground, face the mound. On your left, there should be some large rocks. Keeping them to your left and looking slightly up, press the move forward key (W) and the jump key (space bar) and hold them both down. Do not let either of them up. You will start a series of mantles and it should take you all the way to the top of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrobob View Post

Another one is the tiny spider in the basement. Like the other stuff, their preferred habitat is explained quite clearly, but that thing is tiny. That one could be very easily made much less frustrating if you simply added sounds of the spider chittering.
    I agree.

Also, the underground bit with Faraj seemed to have a incredibly cruel red herring to it. Unless I simply happened to glitch my way out of the place in the end (seem my earlier post) faffing around with trying and failing over and over again with trying to rope up the roots was just a massive waste of my time. Could use some clarification.
    There is an alternative path without ropes, a climb to the mound.

Master Builder 2018
    Can anyone explain how to get out of Clemens' room? See this post.

Tannar, what is the difficulty you choose?

Master Builder 2018
    Keeper (Expert)

I took the time to make a video walkthrough for the first mission, hold on taffers.
    Now I upload it on YouTube.

Tannar, I walked through the first mission (Expert) and I had no problem with the final room and any other places. Could you send me the save, before you entered this room?

Master Builder 2018
    I sent you a PM.

I found two more bugs you should know about:

1. When you read Thereon's Notes, you get an objective which says, "Thereon has sent a messenger for reinforcements, and tomorrow the mages will infiltrate the House of Science. You should let Jonas know." Once you find Jonas dead in the sewers, this objective disappears and is replaced by "Jonas is dead, etc.".

BUT, after this point, if you read Thereon's notes again, you get the original objective again "Thereon has sent a messenger for reinforcements, and tomorrow the mages will infiltrate the House of Science. You should let Jonas know." And now that Jonas is dead, and you already got the new objective,
    you will never be able to satisfy this original objective. And I suspect you will also never be able to end the mission because of it.

By the way, this is NOT the reason the mission would not end for me. I had not done this yet at that time.

2. At some point, the archer on the balcony decided that I was an intruder and started shooting at me every time I passed by. Once he was shooting at me and hit the mage or the mage's guard who was crossing the road at the time. As soon as he was struck, the mission ended, failed on the "Don't harm the mages or their guards" objective. But I did not harm them. The archer did. That should not fail the mission.

Thank you, but i used the crowbar in those wooden planks and in the grate near the sleeping cop. but this grate i´m talking about doesn´t highlight

By the way, this is NOT the reason the mission would not end for me. I had not done this yet at that time.

2. At some point, the archer on the balcony decided that I was an intruder and started shooting at me every time I passed by. Once he was shooting at me and hit the mage or the mage's guard who was crossing the road at the time. As soon as he was struck, the mission ended, failed on the "Don't harm the mages or their guards" objective. But I did not harm them. The archer did. That should not fail the mission.
    Yeah, I noticed that that archer and the no-ko helmet lantern guard both become alerted if you make too much noise while trying to climb around the hotel windows.

Also, it seems that

After I got into the lady's house in the first part of town, her door guard was hostile to me for the rest of the mission. I had to avoid him every time I needed to go back to sewers.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Tear View Post
    I took the time to make a video walkthrough for the first mission, hold on taffers.
    Now I upload it on YouTube.
    Thank you Soul Teal, i was waiting for that video

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    No. Lower down on that tower, just at the point where it starts to taper inwards, is a set of very narrow downward facing surfaces, each of which will take a rope arrow if you aim it right..
    Worked for me, though I feel this is another part of the mission which was made just a little too fiddly.

Edit: Can't find the forest key, and I am at the south forest entrance guard barracks. Can't open the shack, or find anything on the roof except some loot.
    Last edited by chischis; 11th Jan 2016 at 21:46.

Room 2 is still closed for me, how did it open for you?

Quote Originally Posted by chischis View Post
    Worked for me, though I feel this is another part of the mission which was made just a little too fiddly.

Edit: Can't find the forest key, and I am at the south forest entrance guard barracks. Can't open the shack, or find anything on the roof except some loot.
    forest key hint:

Shoot a rope arrow into the roof of the left side of the shack. Climb up some and inspect some of the wooden planks on the left hand side of the shack. They can be removed and you can enter the shack that way.

Quote Originally Posted by elkston View Post
    forest key hint:
    Thanks elkston, now I have only the spider left to place, but I cannot get into room 2.

yes what is the trigger to open room 2? been in room 1,3,read journal in rock,got cozy open ,got spider in jar,seems like room 2 is keeping me from moving on

Tannar, I checked your save. You missed one important link: frob the guest book #1 on the bar stand in the Stumbled Traveler. I had not foreseen this scenario, but it's good that it's not deadly bug.
    Good luck in the 2nd mission

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    yes what is the trigger to open room 2? been in room 1,3,read journal in rock,got cozy open ,got spider in jar,seems like room 2 is keeping me from moving on
    You need to complete all objectives except 'steal silver nuggets'.

Video walkthrough

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    Cool i´ll be waiting for a video walktrough beacuse i really want to enjoy the visuals and ambients , until then i´m going to pause the mission, since i find it unfairly hard for "Taffer" mode. You should make missions more easygoing at least for normal difficulty, so people can enjoy more the gameplay and the artistic features, because if you´re going to add puzzles everywhere it will make players feel like they are trying to fix something all the time. "what do i do here?" "what now?", "I don´t understand", "great stuck again".
    Take this, but only for Bad Venture:

I added all links in the first post.

However, I don't know when I can make a video for Raven's Nest.

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder
    You need to complete all objectives except 'steal silver nuggets'.

In both my runs of this mission, I did need to complete the silver nuggets objective to get Room 2 to open up.

Master Builder 2018
    Tannar, I checked your save. You missed one important link: frob the guest book #1 on the bar stand in the Stumbled Traveler. I had not foreseen this scenario, but it's good that it's not deadly bug.
    Good luck in the 2nd mission
    Thanks, Soul Tear. However, I had frobbed that book many times. It is possible that I loaded an earlier save in which I hadn't yet done that. I will try it.

Does anyone have an alternate download link other than the main 2 listed. Google drive will not allow me to download, and gives no error, just blinks and stays on the page. The Southquarter page cannot be found. Error 404. The Lite version 11.4 MB will prompt for download, but I wanted to full experience....

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast