TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 Campaign - Keeper of Infinity 2: Mission 1 - Bad Venture (6 Jan 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Tear View Post
    Supremcee, the described problem is not a bug. The game does not see Missflag.str
    And why is that? other series missions run without issues.........

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Tear
    The game does not see Missflag.str
    Quote Originally Posted by Supremcee View Post
    And why is that? other series missions run without issues.........
    In v1.2 of "Keeper of Infinity 2", MISSFLAG.STR was missing; it was nowhere to be found in folder/directory "Strings". In v1.3, there are actually two identical MISSFLAG.STR files, one in Strings\English, the second in Strings\German.

Supremcee, would you be so kind as to check which of these problems apply to your version of "Keeper of Infinity 2"? Maybe we can help you then.

Quote Originally Posted by baeuchlein View Post
    In v1.2 of "Keeper of Infinity 2", MISSFLAG.STR was missing; it was nowhere to be found in folder/directory "Strings". In v1.3, there are actually two identical MISSFLAG.STR files, one in Strings\English, the second in Strings\German.

Supremcee, would you be so kind as to check which of these problems apply to your version of "Keeper of Infinity 2"? Maybe we can help you then.
    The MISSFLAG.STRs are in both folders. I got the savegame from jianson which starts at the 2nd mission BUT I don't want to play on "Keeper". When I try to restart the mission and change the difficulty it kicks me out after loading screen. I can see the ShopMenu for a second and then the game crashes. I can only run from the savegame.

Quote Originally Posted by Supremcee View Post
    The MISSFLAG.STRs are in both folders. I got the savegame from jianson which starts at the 2nd mission BUT I don't want to play on "Keeper". When I try to restart the mission and change the difficulty it kicks me out after loading screen. I can see the ShopMenu for a second and then the game crashes. I can only run from the savegame.
    Strange. That does not happen if I do something similar with my own game in v1.2, but that was the version which did not have any MISSFLAG.STR at all. I did try it after moving MISSFLAG.STR into both language folders now, but still no problems.

Your version most likely is 1.4 - oops, sorry, I meant 1.3. My best guess at the moment is that it's a bug unique to that version.

Btw, did anyone verify that jiansonz' saved game was obtained with the same campaign version as the one you wish to play? If not, then all kind of weird errors may happen.
    Last edited by baeuchlein; 15th Jan 2016 at 07:25. Reason: Correcting "v1.4"...

I don't know how and why but somehow i managed to run it. deleted the german string folder and then...badaboom. so thanks everyone for the help

Well after 4 hrs. of game play I'm where Supremcee was... Second Mission will not load. Playing V1.3, have both Eng. and Ger. missflags/folders. Tried deleting German Strings folder as Supremcee did, didn't work for me. Any ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn View Post
    OK I found it: C:\Thief2\FMs\KeeperOfInfinity2_v1_2ENG\Strings

I pulled the file from another FM and modified it thus:

// Valid mission flags
    //
    // skip This mission doesn't exist; it should be skipped.
    // no_briefing Skip the briefing movie
    // no_loadout Skip the loadout
    // cutscene Play a cutscene immediately afterward
    // end End the game when this mission is completed
    //

miss_1: "skip"
    miss_2: "skip"
    miss_3: "skip"
    miss_4: "skip"
    miss_5: "skip"
    miss_6: "skip"
    miss_7: "skip"
    miss_8: "skip"
    miss_9: "skip"
    miss_10: "skip"
    miss_11: "skip"
    miss_12: "skip"
    miss_13: "skip"
    miss_14: "skip"
    miss_15: "skip"
    miss_16: "skip"
    miss_17: "skip"
    miss_18: "skip"
    miss_19: "skip"
    miss_20: "skip"
    miss_21: "no_loadout"
    miss_22: "no_loadout,end"

Now, let me see if it works out! Thanks! UPDATE All is Swell...!
    Try to do this by editing the file in notepad.
    That is what worked for me.

Can anyone tell me where the pickaxe is in Keeper mode. V1.3 installed.

I'm at work so I can't try to fix my missflag file, but I can help with the pickaxe... in the tavern, leaning against the guy sitting by the stairs that go up

Thanks for the reply. But either my installation loaded incorrectly, or there may be an issue with v1.3, but no pickaxe in the Inn. After 4h 10m the extra silver is all I have left it, so I left it as is and completed the first mission.

Though I played on hard/Garrett difficulty, but I already had the pickaxe right at the start. (if this info helps at all) It's a weapon, so you can draw it with the "next/prevoius weapon".

Broken Link & mirrors...

I can't download the zip file. The original won't let me cuz it can't scan it or something & southquarter is a 404 page.

Anymore mirrors?

Would like to play 2:1 before I try 2:2...

Loot hunting continues. Down to two items now, at 9755/9955.

Looks like I could find both if I could only reach other parts of the police station (basement, back room, upper floor, attic). Both items are in the same X/Y cell (according to TTLL, The Trickster's Loot Locator) as the purse in the police station.

The 'SMoney' item I wrote about earlier is one Z unit down from the purse and there is also a purse, located in a 'drawer', one Z unit up from the known purse. Haven't seen any frobbable drawer at all in this mission (although there is one in mission 2).

(although the exact location of items in those containers you look inside and frob things in usually aren't really where they look to be in this mission - it's almost as if you are looking inside some interdimensional space or something. Several things in chests in this mission are technically located quite a bit away from those chests)

(for you to get a feel for the size of the TTLL 'cells', the small LC jar in the attic in the house S police station is located 2 cells S and two Z units up from the purse. And Lady Adaline's earrings on her bedroom floor is one cell W and one Z unit up from that same purse.)

I've taken a close look at all four windows and the attic shutters on the police station and as far as I can tell, none of them are frobbable. I even checked two windows on the corner tower NE the station. Can't find anything suspicious in the sewers or inside the room in the police station either (but WHAT does the switch do??). Or along the vine climb down for that matter.

Hats off to Soul Tear, who manages to hide things even from a cheater like me.

Ok, I have no idea whats going on... I C/P the mission flags Taylor posted(Thanks by the way) and things are working now; sort of. If I start a New game (level skip) the second mission loads fine, but none of my saves will load the second mission no matter what. I really don't want to have to replay it, I have almost 4 hrs. invested and in preparation for the second mission I didn't use any weapons and inventory items; I basically ghosted the place!

It appears that in Keeper setting the pickaxe has to be found.

Master Builder 2018
    I played on Keeper and the pickaxe was in the tavern/inn where Dark_Garrett said. However, I can't remember if it was there before or after I got the new objective to find a pickaxe. Is it possible that you already have it? It won't show up in your arsenal if you just use the mouse wheel to scroll through your weapons. You have to use the Next/Previous Weapon keys.

Acolyte6 - Links are working because I'm redownloading to see if it helps my problems...

rastas - I played Keeper on 1.3, when you walk into the Stumbled Traveler, go over to the left to the stairs going up, it is leaning against the railing by the guy with the eye patch sitting on the bench. Tannar beat me to the post, but that brings up a good point, I already had the objective to get it when I found it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Garrett View Post
    Ok, I have no idea whats going on... I C/P the mission flags Taylor posted(Thanks by the way) and things are working now; sort of. If I start a New game (level skip) the second mission loads fine, but none of my saves will load the second mission no matter what. I really don't want to have to replay it, I have almost 4 hrs. invested and in preparation for the second mission I didn't use any weapons and inventory items; I basically ghosted the place!
    Unfortunately, that's the case.
    Probably the missflag.str sticks to the savegame, therefore even though you made it working, in the save it is still wrong.
    (I have no skills in savefile editing, so don't know if it were possible to change it)
    Most likely you have to restart the first mission - at least I had to do so.

WOW - the screenies for this look amazing! I haven't been playing lately - afraid it will distract me from the making of my own mission. But this one looks sooooooo tempting! Like looking at pictures of chocolate when yer on a diet. Sigh.

Im really confused right now. Im replaying lvl1 on keeper (v1.3). I received the objective 'get a pickaxe / search for silver' in the first district as I entered the caves.

Now, Im in the tavern and the pickaxe isn't next to the guy sitting on the bench. This cant be true.

Is the pickaxe in v1.3 really in the tavern?

I've the same issue. After frobbing the rock pile, I came back and no pickaxe. And it's definately not in my inventory, searched via next weapon up/down.

That's so strange. I went back to an earlier save and grabbed a screenshot...

okay guys, there seems to be some misunderstanding.

It is a fact, that when you play the latest version (V 1.3) on keeper the pickaxe is not in the tavern. It is located somewhere else.

The pickaxe is in front of the main entrance of the winestore in the first district, leaning on some sacks.

Quote Originally Posted by jiansonz View Post
    Loot hunting continues. Down to two items now, at 9755/9955.

Looks like I could find both if I could only reach other parts of the police station (basement, back room, upper floor, attic). Both items are in the same X/Y cell (according to TTLL, The Trickster's Loot Locator) as the purse in the police station.

The 'SMoney' item I wrote about earlier is one Z unit down from the purse and there is also a purse, located in a 'drawer', one Z unit up from the known purse. Haven't seen any frobbable drawer at all in this mission (although there is one in mission 2).
    I was able to get into more rooms of the police station yesterday. But you only get there under special circumstances.

When I had just received the objective to get back into the sewers to get the crystal Jones was supposed to carry on his body, I went down to the main entrance of the Stumbled Traveler Inn and remembered that there were two people with purses on them. One of them is a somewhat fat man near the base of the stairs going upwards (not the man at the bar). Usually, this man had a purse (standard one, not the special ones found in the missions) on his belt. This time, there was no purse, but instead, the man was frobbable. Frobbing him gave me a "special mission", so to speak, which did not appear in my objectives. He wanted some kind of scroll stored in the police station, and since I was en route to the sewer cover next to the station anyway, I went in there once gain. After a bit of looking around in the room with the sleeping guard, I moved towards the non-frobbable inner door, but then a guard appeared from the other side. Garrett said something about hiding, so I did just that.

The guard walked past me and tried to leave the station, but couldn't get the outer door open. (Really, where do they recruit these guards nowadays?) I helped him by opening the door for him, closed it behind him and approached the inner door once again. It was frobbable now, and, more important, pick-able. After getting it open, I went into the back room, up the stairs and into the upper floor of the station. The scroll I needed was in the safe, but there also was a drawer that had to be picked open, yielding a "special purse" and money worth $100. So there's your drawer, then.

When I brought the fat man his scroll, I got an other $100 (money) from him.
    Looks like that will complete your loot hunt.

The switch in the police station seems to be a malfunctioning leftover from the single mission published one year ago. For me, it just made the outer door frobbable (and pick-able as well) when I used the switch first. Later on, it was able to close (but not lock) the picked and opened outer door of the station. After doing these two things, the switch must have been really exhausted, because it did not do anything anymore after that.

This was all done on medium difficulty ("Garrett") with v1.2 of the campaign. There are no guarantees for other versions and levels of difficulty. The "moving pick-axe" mentioned in postings above might tell you why.

@baeuchlein: Excellent!

I could get his mission started from my latest save. Going to upload a complete lootlist later.

(Btw, the loot map says that this guy only wears a purse on the lowest difficulty, and that the purse upstairs in the police station is only there on the two highest difficulties. Makes sense, I suppose.)

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast