TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 Campaign - Keeper of Infinity 2: Mission 1 - Bad Venture (6 Jan 2016)

You can not leave the "wine storehouse" I watched on video here at TTLG but does not exit through a hole in the ceiling. When TTLG here to read about this mission probably not alone who suffer from errors in this mission. I think that the author apparently tested a mission because there are many complaints about the error. It's a shame mission else looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by jardakrupka View Post
    You can not leave the "wine storehouse" I watched on video here at TTLG but does not exit through a hole in the ceiling. When TTLG here to read about this mission probably not alone who suffer from errors in this mission. I think that the author apparently tested a mission because there are many complaints about the error. It's a shame mission else looks good.
    If you are saying that that the maneuver to mantle into the ventilation system from the wine cellar does not work for you, you probably do not have new_mantle active. I had that problem.

Last edited by jiansonz; 16th Jan 2016 at 17:26.

Quote Originally Posted by jiansonz View Post
    If you are saying that that the maneuver to mantle into the ventilation system from the wine cellar does not work for you, you probably do not have new_mantle active. I had that problem.
    Thanks for the advice I do not know whether I 'new_mantle ".
    However, if the latest version of the "New Dark 'and I've got installed

Thanks for the advice I do not know whether I 'new_mantle ".
    However, if the latest version of the "New Dark 'and I've got installed
    Open the file cam_ext.cfg in your Thief 2 folder. Search for new_mantle (it's under game specific, quite close to the end). The line that has new_mantle does NOT start with a ; (a semicolon) if it's activated.

Quote Originally Posted by jiansonz View Post
    Open the file cam_ext.cfg in your Thief 2 folder. Search for new_mantle (it's under game specific, quite close to the end). The line that has new_mantle does NOT start with a ; (a semicolon) if it's activated.

Thank you very much for your advice and it helped the author's mission is very sorry

here are some problems i found:

and here i got stuck by invisible obstacles:

You can not leave the "wine storehouse"

Read the FMinfo

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    here are some problems i found:

Download the new version.

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    U
    Probably the missflag.str sticks to the savegame, therefore even though you made it working, in the save it is still wrong.
    Yes...

Quote Originally Posted by rastas View Post
    I've the same issue. After frobbing the rock pile, I came back and no pickaxe. And it's definately not in my inventory, searched via next weapon up/down.
    I have simplified the task for the players. So you don't have to visit the cave twice.

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/.../dump009_1.jpg

BTW you don't need to frob the rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Tear View Post
    Download the new version.
    Google Drive has spoken: "Sorry, the file you have requested does not exist."
    (The message is about the full version)

Edit (about 4 hours later): It's OK now, thank you Soul Tear!
    Last edited by csamba; 18th Jan 2016 at 16:58.

Updated to the new version on Southquarter:

http://www.southquarter.com/download...y2_v1.4ENG.zip

Thanks for the help, after experimenting and messing around with it all weekend, I figured the missflag had to be attached to the saves. It also messed the saves up enough to where they won't load in dromed so there's not much I can do. From what I can guess happened; I loaded 1.2 and played about 30 minutes, then 1.3 came out. Somewhere while installing between the two versions, files got mismatched and wires got crossed... Never had anything like this happen before, glad mission two was released separately!

FMSel won't play some FMs...what's up?

So I've run into a few FMs that just won't work when I try to install and play them with FMSel. They show up in the mission listing, FMSel seems to install them correctly, and Thief 2 launches to the title screen without incident—but then when I start the mission, it's Running Interference.

The most recent mission that I'm having this problem with is the Keeper of Infinity 2 campaign. Oddly, this one shows the custom title graphic and plays the custom title music...and it shows the custom text on the difficulty selection screen...but then it plays the intro video from the original game, and displays the objectives for Running Interference (still with the custom music and graphics from the FM). As soon as I start the actual gameplay, it's just Running Interference.

Any ideas? I'm gonna try re-downloading this mission (700 MB!), but as far as I can tell, the original download was fine...

Master Builder 2018
    What version of the mission did you download? The earlier versions were missing a file called missflag.str. The latest version (v1.4) has it. I'll move this over the that mission thread as well.

I had downloaded 1.2, but I just downloaded 1.4, and it does the same thing.

(expert, 1.4))
    Feeling stupid and a bit annoyed too, been trying 723+ approaches to trigger the switch inside the fireplace in the house with gas trap, no success ...
    Any "fireplaces for dummies" ?

There are so many really enjoyable things about this mission, not least taking an already great one and giving it such a substantial update, but a mindless frobbing exercise like this does not make the game any better imho (excuse me if I'm doing something wrong).
    Mind you, I'm not talking about the really tough headscratchers like Lady A, wine cellar or spider in the dark, these are total fun. I also did not find the pit climbing overly unfair, and once I invited the guards to a pool party (helmet required) they only ever wave friendly when they see me pass , but I sure would not miss those "mechanical challenges" a bit.

anyway, thanks for a wonderful mission,
    Cooper

Allright, mea culpa.
    Forest, trees 'n stuff.
    Search 922 revealed the switch outside the fireplace, the hole at the inner, left, upper part of the fireplace, which I had been trying to frob all the time, apparently serves no purpose, at least none I can see.

so ignore the part about frobbing in my previous post, please.
    sorry for the confusion,
    Cooper

Clean and cozy inn closed

What must I do to open Clean and cozy inn ?

Where can I find a green spider? It seems I killed all of them and now just can't finish the first day

And where is the forest? I got the key but can't figure out where to go. (I haven't sleep yet - want to get to The House Of Scince before mages).

Quote Originally Posted by carlos schmidt View Post
    What must I do to open Clean and cozy inn ?
    The door of the Clean & Cozy inn opens when you finish a certain quest for Jonas (which is completely unrelated to that door). This quest for Jonas usually starts with the mission goal to investigate the House of Science. Later on, Jonas gives you a crystal and tells you where to use it. Once you return the crystal to Jonas, you have to talk to him one or several times until he gives you money, and a new objective about resting in a hotel should appear. The "Clean & Cozy" door should now be unlocked.

If Jonas is not in his hideout anymore, and you have not returned the crystal to him, then the mission most likely is broken now. This happens if the player reads Thereon's notes (in a room in the "Stumbled Traveler" inn) before returning the crystal to Jonas and getting money from him. This is still possible even in v1.4 by opening the door near the fireplace in the "Stumbled Traveler" by shooting an arrow into the door. One should not do that but wait until the door opens on its own - but the player cannot know this.

Quote Originally Posted by tech View Post
    Where can I find a green spider? It seems I killed all of them and now just can't finish the first day
    The spider you need should be in the cellar of the "Clean & Cozy" inn. I doubt that the player can kill this one. If you can't get into there yet, try to fulfil other mission goals and/or quests first. Hint: Concentrate on the quests for Jonas.

Quote Originally Posted by tech View Post
    And where is the forest? I got the key but can't figure out where to go. (I haven't sleep yet - want to get to The House Of Scince before mages).
    You will not get into the forest in this mission. You have to get to sleep in the end, and before you ever use that forest key. So, finish any goals you still have to fulfil, and then find a place to sleep.

Unfortunately I've found this very laggy to the point of not being playable - and my hardware is quite a reasonable spec.
    It is also very difficult to manoeuver around various places (e.g the underground in mission 1.
    Gonna have to give it a miss.

Quote Originally Posted by frobbin hood View Post
    It is also very difficult to manoeuver around various places (e.g the underground in mission 1.
    This problem was solved in the new version. Now you can easily climb the earthen hill. In addition, the pickaxe has been moved to a more convenient location next to the cave

As for lags, I can advise you to change max view distance in cam_ext.

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast