TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: T2 Campaign - Keeper of Infinity 2: Mission 1 - Bad Venture (6 Jan 2016)

How do I enter stableman's house when playing rhe "KeeperOfInfinity2_v1.4ENG.zip" version?

In the older one there was a switch in the fireplace which is no more present.

Quote Originally Posted by cattamer View Post
    How do I enter stableman's house when playing rhe "KeeperOfInfinity2_v1.4ENG.zip" version?

In the older one there was a switch in the fireplace which is no more present.
    Now it's located to the side of the fireplace.

Quote Originally Posted by jiansonz View Post
    Now it's located to the side of the fireplace.
    Thanks.

So I'm headed to the glowy house to get inside after everything else has been done, but it's my understanding that you can use the cash bags to buy things at the pawn shop? How do you do this? All I see are a pair of guards behind the glass and they won't interact with me. I've got 9 cash bags and I'd like to turn them into useful stuff.

Edit: Scrap that, misread the objectives. Great mission all around, but that bit with the vines in the lower caves was absolute nonsense. I have never had a harder time getting on to ropes and jumping off onto ledges; it must've taken me twenty tries to get back up.
    Last edited by Peanuckle; 14th Feb 2016 at 18:37.

I am totally lost here. So far I've only completed three of the main objectives:
    -Find Jonas' hideout at the Stumbled Traveler Inn.
    -Jonas wants you to put the empty crystal into the elemental in order to absorb it.
    -Magic .... damn it! You need to dispel it somehow.

I'm playing on Taffer difficulty and still haven't reached the following goals:

1) Find out what the Keepers are hiding. (No clue)

2) Find Thereon and steal his records.
    -I read his records in the room he switched with Cleman before I found Jonas, but that didn't stop me from finding Jonas, completing the crystal quest by returning to him to give him the crystal, receive the added 1000 loot, and to be told to find a place to stay. No added objectives after that & I even returned to Jonas' hiding place a third time but he only repeated his command for me to stick around & come back in the morning.

3) Steal 3200 (Still working on that)

4) There are no available rooms, but that's not a problem for you, is it? (Again, no clue what I'm supposed to do about this one)

5) Mr. Cleman is afraid of insects. How would he react if he found a spider on his chest?
    -I've been to the Cozy Inn, read the guest book there and the guest book at the ST Inn (where I learned that Cleman changed rooms with Thereon), but still can't get into Cleman's room to place the canister with the spider in it. Room 1 at the ST Inn is open, but not rooms 2 and/or 3.

As for the last three objectives, I didn't disturb Lady Adaline, haven't killed anyone, nor have I bothered the mages (except the one down underground whose wand I took to open up the door to the rest of the district and I just knocked him out, with no obvious consequences).

I've tried watching the walkthrough videos, but they don't really help since I'm playing on the easiest setting and the author seems to be playing on expert. I suspect you get different added objectives at different times depending on which difficulty you choose to play. What am I missing, or is the FM borked? I had to download it from one of the links provided at the beginning of this thread because my first download of this FM from Taffers Paradise didn't work right; as soon as I instructed FMSel to play the FM, I was sent back to the original first mission of TMA. Whatever, I'm not getting any additional objectives to help me work through the rest of this FM. Seriously frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    I'm playing on Taffer difficulty and still haven't reached the following goals:

1) Find out what the Keepers are hiding. (No clue)
    That will come later. Concentrate on other things for a while.

2) Find Thereon and steal his records.
    -I read his records in the room he switched with Cleman
    Have you really found Thereon and Thereon's notes (a book, not a parchment)? Thereon is not the one staying in one of the rooms adjacent to the room with the the fireplace in the "Stumbled Traveler Inn"!

4) There are no available rooms, but that's not a problem for you, is it? (Again, no clue what I'm supposed to do about this one)

5) Mr. Cleman is afraid of insects. How would he react if he found a spider on his chest?
    -I've been to the Cozy Inn, read the guest book there and the guest book at the ST Inn (where I learned that Cleman changed rooms with Thereon), but still can't get into Cleman's room to place the canister with the spider in it. Room 1 at the ST Inn is open, but not rooms 2 and/or 3.
    These two are connected. To be exact, you already guessed the right thing to do: Place the canister with the spider on his bed in his room. He will flee then, and his room is yours. However, you now have to wait until Cleman's door opens automatically. This will only happen if you have done some other required tasks in the mission.

I think you now have to concentrate on the objective(s) concerning Thereon. Suggestions:

If you really have "Thereon's notes" (a brown book) in your inventory, save your game, then read this book again. You should get a short statement from Garrett, saying that he should inform Jonas about what he just learned, so try to visit Jonas once again.

If that does not help, go back to the House of Science (the one with the blue fog and smoke around) and look for a redable on one of the doors. Read it. Then, try to read Thereon's notes again if you have them. If you don't have them, try to find Thereon's room. Again, it's not the one accessed from the room with the fireplace upstairs in the inn.

Thank you, baeuchlein. I was confused as to who'd switched rooms with whom. Once I'd KO'd the Inspector in Cleman's old room I was able to go out thru that window onto the small ledge, creep around, and gain access to Thereon's room (where I found the secret little room as well as (finally!) Thereon's notes). The floating stones puzzle was frustrating until I read a hint here in this thread from another Taffer, btw; can't remember the last FM for which I had to refer to the FM's TTLG thread so often. But I've finally gotten a new objective to enable me to move forward with this FM. Thanks again!

Apologies for the double post, but I guess I spoke too soon. I made it as far as the attic, learned about the thief's experience in the forest and how he'd narrowly escaped death due to the earthquake & cave in, but I still had:

1) to go back to Jonas' body to retrieve the crystal
    2) find the forest key
    3) put the jar with the spider in Cleman's room
    4) and find a place to sleep (or first tell the Keepers about the tree beast I saw in Jonas' sewer hideout?)

I went back to the sewers and started searching Jonas' body when suddenly the lights went out and I was holding a flare that showed there was a tree beast standing right in front of me. At first I couldn't move, then I was able to turn around & saw a portal, which I ran through and found myself back in Jonas' original hiding place. I don't know if I managed to retrieve the crystal from his body because it's not showing up in my inventory, plus, the objective to do so seems to have disappeared from my list of objectives now as well. Did I make a mistake here? Is the retrieval of the crystal integral to the story?

I have no idea where the forest key is, either; I'd read in this thread that if you go to the hut at the edge of the forest you can climb up to the roof and there will be loose boards on which you can use the crowbar. I went there but there were no loose boards and the door & windows to the hut need a key, which I don't have. Is the location of that key different on the easiest difficulty? Where do I find the forest key, please?

From what I've read here in this thread, putting the spider in Cleman's room is the last thing you can do before you can end this mission, but what triggers the door to his room to open?

And last of all, where am I supposed to find a place to sleep?

Either my brains are leaking out my left ear and I'm missing some important hints here (which I rather doubt since I've been over just about every square inch of the map more than a dozen times), or the FM is broken, or the author was just too clever for me to be able to figure out all of the above on my own.

There's a small inn near the cabin/hut and science bldg that should be accessible now.

The removable boards are on the side (not roof), rope up and they should highlight.

Thank you, Dahenjo. I'm not usually this dense about FMs, but this one was definitely complicated. Finally done with part 1. Thanks again.

You're very welcome, Dia. I needed help getting through both missions too, but it's well worth it for the superb design, even though the gameplay can be pretty tough to follow. I think they're more fun on a replay when you know what to do in what order, plus you can really appreciate the amazing atmosphere and level of detail.

I agree, Dahenjo, that this FM is visually stunning. However, having to refer to the FM's TTLG thread in order to make step-by-step progress is just frustrating and breaks one's immersion. There's such a thing as making the FM too clever to the point where players are left sitting there scratching their heads wondering what the heck they're supposed to do next. While watching the first video walkthrough for this FM I was rather dismayed by how the author had placed loot/items in places where it was all too easy to overlook them or way too difficult to get at them or in places you'd never think to look, even when exploring. I know a lot of hard work and effort goes into creating an FM and the author has my respect, but progress in an FM shouldn't be so confusing that players have to refer to the TTLG thread at every turn. As I said though, the graphics and ambience in this FM are superb.

MISSION 2 not works please help,mission 2 not loaded missflag.str. bookshelves i have

At Jonas' place for the first time. He has asked me to investigate the HoS.
    How do I get out of his hideout? The bookcase is blocking the portal.

Quote Originally Posted by frobbin hood View Post
    search small button...........statue?
    Last edited by jardakrupka; 21st Feb 2016 at 15:15.

Quote Originally Posted by jardakrupka View Post
    search small button...........statue?
    If I try that, I get a message "Not now, because Jonas could spot me doing this"

Quote Originally Posted by frobbin hood View Post
    IIRC, there is a frobbable book in the bookcase.

IIRC, there is a frobbable book in the bookcase.
    Many thanks jiansonz! You are right. Never thought to look in the actual bookcase that moves

Quote Originally Posted by jardakrupka View Post
    MISSION 2 not works please help,mission 2 not loaded missflag.str. bookshelves i have
    I do not understand where exactly the problem is. Could you please try to say the same thing with other words again?

Quote Originally Posted by baeuchlein View Post
    I do not understand where exactly the problem is. Could you please try to say the same thing with other words again?
    is written here that someone does not mean the continuation of the mission after mission ends, one should run smoothly Mission 2 Someone here wrote that he lacked the library MISSFLAGE,
    I got a 2 missions but do not load all the tasks I just do not meet all the jewels (1000) and missing one secret

I think there was one secret down where Garrett stole Farage's staff. In a deep hole with vines, going down where Farage patrols, several pieces of silver could be taken if the player had the pick-axe with him. The silver pieces were worth 1000, I think.

The pick-axe is located near the wine depot in newer versions of the campaign, and near a man sitting in the "Stumbled Traveler Inn" in earlier versions of the campaign. This can only be done on the higher difficulty levels, however.

MISSFLAG.STR does not have anything to do with missing loot. If MISSFLAG.STR is not in the Strings folder, the game will usually start one of the original Thief 2 missions instead of one of the "Keeper of Infinity" campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by baeuchlein View Post
    I think there was one secret down where Garrett stole Farage's staff. In a deep hole with vines, going down where Farage patrols, several pieces of silver could be taken if the player had the pick-axe with him. The silver pieces were worth 1000, I think.

The pick-axe is located near the wine depot in newer versions of the campaign, and near a man sitting in the "Stumbled Traveler Inn" in earlier versions of the campaign. This can only be done on the higher difficulty levels, however.

MISSFLAG.STR does not have anything to do with missing loot. If MISSFLAG.STR is not in the Strings folder, the game will usually start one of the original Thief 2 missions instead of one of the "Keeper of Infinity" campaign.
    Thanks for help

I downloaded the new version 1.5 of the mission and functions.
    Last edited by jardakrupka; 23rd Feb 2016 at 16:43.

Very nice artwork, but the gameplay isn't very fluent if you've had a few fine vintage wines

I'm trying to get in the wine cellar and have a found a vent door that opens, but I can't jump in. Presumably I'm supposed to use a crate or suchlike, but I can't find anything to stand on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Rat View Post
    I'm trying to get in the wine cellar and have a found a vent door that opens, but I can't jump in. Presumably I'm supposed to use a crate or suchlike, but I can't find anything to stand on.
    It should be possible (easy, even) to get in there. Sounds like you do not have new_mantle on. Open the file cam_ext.cfg and make sure that the line that says new_mantle (you can search for it in e.g. Notepad) doesn't start with a semicolon. If there is a semicolon, remove it and save.

It should be possible (easy, even) to get in there. Sounds like you do not have new_mantle on. Open the file cam_ext.cfg and make sure that the line that says new_mantle (you can search for it in e.g. Notepad) doesn't start with a semicolon. If there is a semicolon, remove it and save.
    Thanks jiansonz, that's fixed it. Don't know why my new_mantle wasn't activated.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718 LastLast