TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 Campaign - Keeper of Infinity 2: Mission 1 - Bad Venture (6 Jan 2016)

Rope bug in mission#1?

I went back to an earlier save and completed the proper sequence with Jonas (thank you Firehawk and Baeuchlein!).

However, now I cannot get into Thereon's room any more: the mini wooden edges of the round tower (in the backyard of the tavern) seem to have completely disappeared - nothing to hold a rope. What's more, my alternative method (shooting a rope into the high beam on the Tavern side and simply run-jump on it from the tower ground - I did that many times previously!) also stopped working: I still reach that rope, but this time I cannot get hold on it, just fall off.

New_mantle is enabled, of course (as it was before). Is there any reasonable explanation for this unexpected freakiness? It worked flawlessly several times before, and I haven't touched anything at all...

Edit: reloaded an earlier save - no problem run-jumping on the rope hanging there from the tavern side high beam. Bizarre...
    Last edited by csamba; 10th Jan 2016 at 11:57.

@csamba
    I have a feeling that your earlier ways to get in have been unintentional glitches. The easiest/least failure prone way to get in is to go out of the window in Thereon's guard's room, then go along the ledge, then either chance a jump over to Thereon's window or use a rope on the roof beam.

@Squadarofl
    To help the mage go to the upper floor of the Stumbled Traveler and talk to Thereon. Just watch out for Leautenant Ashley patrolling the lower floors.

@Marbrien
    Garrett saying that he has no reason to go to the Raven's Nest yet isn't misleading. Once the player has found a reason to go there he says a different line about needing something to get back over the fence, making the stool frobbable. Have you listened in to all the conversations, including the bunch of guards at the House of Science barricade? They talk about the Raven's Nest, irc. Or maybe try pickpocketing one of the guards with scrolls cases on their waists for their orders.
    Last edited by Necrobob; 10th Jan 2016 at 13:06.

Where is the crowbar? I need it for the manhole cover and Ive been all over looking for it. I'm playing on easy mode.

Mission 1:

Where is the
    spoiler:
    forest
    key?

Quote Originally Posted by ciscokidd73 View Post
    Where is the crowbar? I need it for the manhole cover and Ive been all over looking for it. I'm playing on easy mode.
    It's behind one of the bunks

@Squadarofl
    Sorry, I don't recognize any of those scenarios, nor am I sure if I'll get them at all, since I'm playing on Taffer.

@Elkston
    The Guard Barracks at the exit to the forest. Look for pryable planks.

Right, still in Mission 1. (sigh)

To get the forest key, I have to infiltrate the blue house through the old church catacombs.
    Would this be via the same sewer that I had to access to Keeper Jonas second hide out?

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn View Post
    OK I found it: C:\Thief2\FMs\KeeperOfInfinity2_v1_2ENG\Strings

I pulled the file from another FM and modified it thus:

// Valid mission flags
    //
    // skip This mission doesn't exist; it should be skipped.
    // no_briefing Skip the briefing movie
    // no_loadout Skip the loadout
    // cutscene Play a cutscene immediately afterward
    // end End the game when this mission is completed
    //

miss_1: "skip"
    miss_2: "skip"
    miss_3: "skip"
    miss_4: "skip"
    miss_5: "skip"
    miss_6: "skip"
    miss_7: "skip"
    miss_8: "skip"
    miss_9: "skip"
    miss_10: "skip"
    miss_11: "skip"
    miss_12: "skip"
    miss_13: "skip"
    miss_14: "skip"
    miss_15: "skip"
    miss_16: "skip"
    miss_17: "skip"
    miss_18: "skip"
    miss_19: "skip"
    miss_20: "skip"
    miss_21: "no_loadout"
    miss_22: "no_loadout,end"

Now, let me see if it works out! Thanks! UPDATE All is Swell...!
    Well, that worked for me! Thank you
    Though I have to restart the first mission --- it seems that the previous (wrong) setup is kept by the savefile, so it still exits, but at least now it works when I start a new game

Southquarter.com/fms
    Here's a mirror of the most recent version:

Keeper of Infinity 2, ver 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by llanita View Post
    It's behind one of the bunks
    Yes i saw that in an earlier post but cant seem to find any bunks other than the 1 room in the basement of the inn. If there is another bunk I'll be damned if i can find it.

@Squadarofl
    Actually, I now have encountered the incident with the crowbar, and finshed the related quest. Like the pop up text says, go talk to Manu. Hope you haven't burned through all your purses.

@Illanita
    See my advice to Elkston. In fact, you don't enter the House of Science at all in mission 1, nor 2 if my gut feeling is correct.

@ciscokidd
    How the taff have you even managed to get where you are without it? The crowbar is in the guard barracks at the wall in the beginning of the mission.

Thanks, Squadarofl, I'll try the 'skipping', I'm sure the exercise will do me good.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrobob View Post
    The easiest/least failure prone way to get in is to go out of the window in Thereon's guard's room, then go along the ledge...
    Sure, that was the way in the original version of Bad Venture - but it this campaign Room#1 is unpickable and there is no key to that (or at least I haven't been able to find it).. Previously I entered that room backward, from the outside ledge, but I found no way to open its door from the inside either

Other posters have successfully used - and proposed - rope arrows to the round tower edge as well (like #59, #114, etc), so it was not just me...

Quote Originally Posted by Squadarofl View Post
    Well, Manu won't say anything. Guess I'll have to download the new version but I'm too burned for that.

I really hope you will continue to publish more excellent missions Soul_tear, you won my heart back with Lost in the Far Edges but now you won my soul
    Yeah, this is one of my favorite campaigns released so far, I personally love the adventure game fusion gameplay. Some seriously kick ass stuff ...when it works like it's supposed to. It really is a shame about the bugs that everyone but me seems to be encountering.

@csamba
    Strange, that's how I did it this version too. The door was unlocked. Have Thereon and his guard stopped inspecting the holes in the cellars yet? The tower edge is made of metal for me, in both missions.

Mission 1

Hi there,

I'm back in game, after re-starting the Mission and playing all in the correct order, things are going well.

Now I have a problem to find the last silver nugget in the large pit.

jiansonz described the locations in post 102.

However in the first area, at the base of the mega vine, I only found 3 of the mentioned 4 nuggets. There I found one under a rock, one on a ledge a bit above, and one in the beginning of the nearby tunnel.

WHERE is the one I'm missing exactly?
    Please, can someone give me a helpfull hint? Thanks in advance.

@Squadarofl
    Actually, I now have encountered the incident with the crowbar, and finshed the related quest. Like the pop up text says, go talk to Manu. Hope you haven't burned through all your purses.

@Illanita
    See my advice to Elkston. In fact, you don't enter the House of Science at all in mission 1, nor 2 if my gut feeling is correct.

@ciscokidd
    How the taff have you even managed to get where you are without it? The crowbar is in the guard barracks at the wall in the beginning of the mission.
    lol i see. i had to play it normal. i saw a post describing how to get in. i cheated using the lockpick cheat and went in through the side door with the sleeping guard...doh.

Necrobob answered:
    @Elkston
    The Guard Barracks at the exit to the forest. Look for pryable planks.

Just to clear, you mean:
    The same barracks/fort that you climbed into in the beginning to get into the city, right?

Thank you for the help. I'm trying deperately to finish this mission on Hard. and hope this forest key will be a trigger that lets me finish the other objectives.

Objective: to get the forest key I have to go to the Science house via old church catacombs

Solution: Forest key is in Guard Barrack at entrance to forest

Where, in the game readables or otherwise, does it show the connection? This has been the same throughout this mission.
    It is visually stunning, the best of all in my opinion. But as for game progress and solutions there is no connection between objective and solution.
    I have never been so clueless with a mission as I've been with this one.

The loading of running Interference was fixed as well by updating the FMs\KeeperOfInfinity2_v1_2ENG\Strings > MISSFLAG
    So thanks to everyone who asked and responded on the problem. For a mission of this size this should be clearly addressed in the read me or something.

Thanks Again

Quote Originally Posted by elkston View Post
    Necrobob answered:

Just to clear, you mean:
    The same barracks/fort that you climbed into in the beginning to get into the city, right?

Thank you for the help. I'm trying deperately to finish this mission on Hard. and hope this forest key will be a trigger that lets me finish the other objectives.
    If I'm not mistaken it's the guard barracks at the other end of town. The entrance is a large archway, was previously blocked by the red forcefield but it becomes available later on.

Alrighty, good news about the find-nuggets-in-the-mine thing!
    I managed to complete the objective both in a replay and then when reloading my 7+ hours initial run.
    In both cases, Cleman's room opened up so I could finish the mission properly. Yay!

I was indeed missing a nugget, so here's an updated list of the 12 nuggets:
    - two near the base of the mega vine by the start (one on ground level, one a bit higher up).
    - one a few meters into the passage, embedded in a large rock on the righthand side
    - one a bit further in, by a fake opening with rocks in the lefthand (North) wall. Look high up on the rightmost rock
    - one quite close to the descent hole to the mages' lair, in the passage, by skeletal remains
    - one on the rim of the descent hole (go counterclockwise (when viewed from above) all around the rim)
    - one you can reach in a hole while hanging from the main upper vine going down to where the secret silver find is
    - five in the secret silver find (pick required)

I've also been loot hunting (both without and with tool) while making a lootlist. I am now down to 250 missing. One is a purse worth 100 and one is a classic wine bottle worth 50. It's probably going to be a grind for me to dig them out, though, because I have to narrow down which one of the thirteen 100-loot purses and which one of the 19(!) wine bottles I do not recognize on the loot map.

But I am not going to grind with that until I have figured out the final loot piece. This one is also worth 100, it's something called 'SMoney'. It's not one of of those I call 'Pile of money' because those are named ScatteredMoney (there are three of those in the mission, with different loot values).
    TTLL shows it as being located one 'cell' below the police station. I thought it might be in the sewers, right there at the start, but I find nothing there and the sewers quickly take off in the wrong direction. I've been toying with other ideas:
    - some weird offshoot passage reached from the vine hole
    - a police station basement. That inner room looks mighty interesting, with a door and stairs going down to it. But I can't find my way into it or any new ways into the surrounding buildings. It's a real mystery. BTW, what the heck does the switch in the police station do?

But I did find all 15 secrets. Here is a list for those who are interested:
    1. Opening the grate leading to the wine cellar
    2. Wine bottle in open window close to market (rope up) a bit inside door to closed district
    3. Openable crate among other crates in pile N gaping hole
    4. Area under tavern entrance
    5. Openable barrel in area under tavern entrance
    6. House N Tavern, gold nugget on rafters
    7. House with gas trap, switch by fireplace
    8. House SW city gate, gemstone in boar's mouth
    9. Secret room in Thereon's room
    10. Keeper Jonas' secret compartment in his hideout
    11. Openable crate in attic in gas mine house (secret contains a - gas mine )
    12. Tavern attic, loose plank on floor
    13. Lodge, purse behind small banner
    14. Silver nugget in passage below guardhouse, in early corner, under removable hay
    15. Secret silver find in the mine (pick required)
    Last edited by jiansonz; 10th Jan 2016 at 16:06.

...The door was unlocked.
    The correct "Jonas sequence" apparently changed a lot of details, including this one: I went back to check and, yes, the door is open now (just like the Clean&Cozy Inn). Also, this time I didn't see the "search" sequence with Jonas' corpse in the sewer but simply took the Attic key from him. Thanks for the nudging, I hope I'm on my way now

Quote Originally Posted by llanita View Post
    Objective: to get the forest key I have to go to the Science house via old church catacombs

Solution: Forest key is in Guard Barrack at entrance to forest

Where, in the game readables or otherwise, does it show the connection? This has been the same throughout this mission.
    It is visually stunning, the best of all in my opinion. But as for game progress and solutions there is no connection between objective and solution.
    I have never been so clueless with a mission as I've been with this one.
    Once you get the objective to get the forest key, that passage south of the Science House is now open. Examine the lodge/shack there.

EDIT: I missed that you may have already progressed...

Yes, I agree that some things are not particularly logical. I think it could be improved on that part simply by a little less confusing objective texts.
    Last edited by jiansonz; 10th Jan 2016 at 14:54.

@Ilanita
    The key's location is stated in Thereon's journal.

@Garrett
    Find a transparent window near the fissure in the zombie infested area (climb on the shutters by the barrel and jump inside). When you're done exploring that apartment, open another window on the top floor and do some tightrope walking.

And so far, with the full and not "lite" version, it is running well despite my ancient hardware!

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast