TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 Campaign - Keeper of Infinity 2: Mission 1 - Bad Venture (6 Jan 2016)

@Brooklyn
    Hey, out of curiosity, how ancient is your hardware? Mine is an almost six year old laptop with 2,27 ghz cpu, 4 gb RAM and 1 GB VDRAM, and I'm getting reasonable performance too.

PLEASE READ THIS

There is now a separate thread for Mission 2. Please post all questions about Mission 2 in that thread.

I have moved and/or copied all the posts relating to Mission 2 from this thread over to that one. If you notice that I moved the wrong one by mistake, please let me know via PM and I will correct it. Thanks.

Ok, it *seems* like I am nearing the end of mission #1. However, I have 2 problems:

NOTE: I am playing on "Garrett" or Hard. I notice a lot of people are playing either normal or expert.

(This is long, but I figure you need to know all the details in order to advise) :

The Problem:

1. The objective (paraphrase) "Theroen has likely already created the report. Deal with this Mage." Is still not checked off. I have been to Thereon's room and read his journal. Is there something else I need to do?

2. I still cannot find a way into Clean & Cozy inn. I played the original version of mission #1 and remember that this where you trap the spider. The mage's room that I am supposed to put the spider in *is* open and he is pacing around in it. That room did not open until I had completed almost all the objectives.

What I have already done:

1. Found Keeper Jonas at the inn the first time.
    1a. Read the innkeeper's guest book and got objective about spiders and the guest in room 2.
    2. Read note on House of Science and got objective to "Deal with Thereon" (still not checked off).
    3. Touched elemental source near statue at House of Science.
    4. Told Jonas about elemental; Got crystal from him.
    5. Went back, put elemental in crystal.
    6. Went back to Jonas, gave him the crystal. ( no other objective from him after that)
    7. Got into mage Thoeren's room via the window. Found and read his journal. Got objective to tell
    Jonas about Theoroen.
    8. Went back to Jonas, but he was gone. Searched around and found his journal. Read it. Got objective for finding sewer hideout.
    9. Visited sewer hideout, found dead Jonas. Got attic key & objective to explore attic at the Inn.
    10. In the inn attic -- found thief's journal. Read journal. Then got two new objectives:
    - Find forest key
    - Get the crystal off of Jonas' body. (note: why couldn't we do this the first time we saw him?)
    11. Returned to sewer's first. Got crystal off Jona's body. Stood still during sequence with tree beast. Frobbed energy field in the void I was teleported too and got back to Jonas' first hideout.
    12. Now had the objective "What are these Beasts? Tell the keeper's later and get some rest now".
    13. So at this point, the only unresolved things were:
    1. Tell keepers about treebeast later. Get some rest.
    2. Deal with Mage Theoren (NOTE: How?)
    3. Get the forest key.
    Note that room #2 at the Inn was still closed.

14. Went to get the forest key. The area near the Clean and Cozy that was closed off was now accessiible.
    15. Got the forest key. Objective clicked off.
    16. Went back to the inn to to see if room #2 was OPEN and it WAS. I heard the voiceover now, "wonder what ... will do if he finds a spider.."
    17. So at this point, I figure that was trigger that will open up the Clean and Cozy... BUT..
    18. I go back to clean and cozy and it is STILL locked. Can't be picked. Crowbar doesn't work. Tried all the windows (even the upper ones) and nothing opens.

This brings me to where I am now. I wonder if the lingering objective "Deal with THeoren" is what is preventing me from getting into the Inn and finding the spider. What does it mean "Deal with that mage". How do I get that objective completed?

Any help would be appreciated. I really want to move onto mission #2.
    Last edited by elkston; 10th Jan 2016 at 21:20.

Running out of ideas. I'm playing on Hard, obtained the Blocked Quarter key but I have no freaking clue what I must do next.
    EDIT: oh, nevermind. Found out I had to wait a while in front of the vine thing in the garden before Garrett talks... Great.

need a bit of direction i got wand and clibed back to the city and made my way back to the bar/hotel,where is the hideout? i did find the secret under stairs,but lead to nothing

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    need a bit of direction i got wand and clibed back to the city and made my way back to the bar/hotel,where is the hideout? i did find the secret under stairs,but lead to nothing
    In the tavern basement. Listen for the typical 'glyph sound'.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrobob View Post
    @Brooklyn
    Hey, out of curiosity, how ancient is your hardware? Mine is an almost six year old laptop with 2,27 ghz cpu, 4 gb RAM and 1 GB VDRAM, and I'm getting reasonable performance too.
    Pretty old - I'm thinking about 8 years at least:

NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GSO 512MB
    Board: Intel Corporation DG33FB
    3.00 gigahertz Intel Core2 Duo E8400
    64 kilobyte primary memory cache
    6144 kilobyte secondary memory cache
    64-bit ready
    Multi-core (2 total)
    Not hyper-threaded
    Bus Clock: 333 megahertz
    2038 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
    WDC WD1003FZEX-00MK2A0 [Hard drive] (1000.20 GB)
    Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3

ok thank you found it,but how do i get access to house of science now?
    Last edited by downwinder; 10th Jan 2016 at 21:38.

Clean and Cozy Inn - Solved, I think

Quote Originally Posted by elkston View Post
    ... what is preventing me from getting into the Inn
    I was having exactly the same trouble as you. I started over, and here's what worked for me. After you put the elemental in the crystal, you take it back to Jonas. He says something about studying it, and you get an objective complete message. When that's done, and he's finished speaking, frob him again. He will tell you that you should probably stay in town for another day or two, so you need a place to rest. Then you will get a new objective which says, "After completing all goals, find a hotel to spend the night". At that point, the Clean and Cozy Inn should be open.

jiansonz where did you look to see which nuggets you had? You said they were numbered SN1 etc? My 1000 extra loot still hasn't ticked off and I've just about had it. I've gone and checked the locations you were so kind to write for us and I had them all except for the one on the left hand side fake tunnel, and the objective still hasn't ticked off

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    I was having exactly the same trouble as you. I started over, and here's what worked for me. After you put the elemental in the crystal, you take it back to Jonas. He says something about studying it, and you get an objective complete message. When that's done, and he's finished speaking, frob him again. He will tell you that you should probably stay in town for another day or two, so you need a place to rest. Then you will get a new objective which says, "After completing all goals, find a hotel to spend the night". At that point, the Clean and Cozy Inn should be open.
    Got it. Thanks you.

I'll be damned. And the sad part is, in one of my previous attempts trying to get the sequence right, I *do* remember doing that and having that objective. I made different saves at each stage this time, so I'm going to go back and try again before I give the crystal to Jonas.

This mission (#1 at least) is as frustrating as it is engrossing.

There are several ways experienced and careful players can make the mission unwinnable.

Yes, and while people are just trying to help, there is a bit of incorrect information being offered as solutions, which doesn't make it easy.

ok thank you found it,but how do i get access to house of science now?
    You don't get into the house of science in the first mission.

stuck please help i need to find out what keepers are hiding,i need to do somthing about a report and then a mage?,and mr clemen and where to get spider?,and to inspect the house of science,anything that will help me get back on track

Quote Originally Posted by chischis View Post
    I haven't found the blocked district key, and can't find the hole near the sleeping guard. Where do I find these? I have the objective saying I need magic to progress, having attempted to hit the tall green vegetation with my sword...

i can help once you hit magic bush with sword or blackjack and you get new objective,go back to area where mage was by hole,you will see a vine,climb down,till you find a wand then climb back out,shoot arrow in braches on wall to climb out=not easy,then use wand on bush and then key to get into next district

i can help once you hit magic bush with sword or blackjack and you get new objective,go back to area where mage was by hole,you will see a vine,climb down,till you find a wand then climb back out,shoot arrow in braches on wall to climb out=not easy,then use wand on bush and then key to get into next district
    Thanks but I just found out at the last minute, always happens.

I'm enjoying this mission so far, but the underground part where Garrett mentions the crystals has to be one of the most frustratingly designed sections of a Thief FM ever. 20+ reloads and deaths later and I can't work out how to descend to the ground where the mage is safely. I can tell there are vines to climb but I can't reach them properly. Think I'll come back to this tomorrow...

Forget the vines. You don't need them to get down. When you first reach the large cavern where the mage patrols far below, there is a rim of rock which is about chest high that goes around the whole cavern. Jump up on that and make your way around to the far side, directly opposite where you entered the cavern. From there, you can easily drop down to the rock below and then just walk down the slope to the floor of the cavern.

I just want to say how thankful we all are at how insane Soul Tear is, and how talented this author is at the craft of level editing in dromed. Thank you for the crazy amount of time you have invested in making such a masterpiece of a level.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrobob View Post
    The thing with Cleman is the very last thing you do in the mission, which leads to a small cutscene that ends the mission. So everything non optional needs to be finished before that can happen, even on expert.
    That doesn't seem to be true. I was able to put the spider on the bed while I still had several mandatory objectives incomplete, including "What beasts are they..." and "After completing all goals, find a hotel to spend the night". With these goals (and several others) still not completed, I put the spider on the bed and there was a blackout, followed by some sounds. When the lights came back on I was stuck in Clemens' room with no way out. There is a key on the table, but it doesn't highlight. Nothing in the room highlights, including doors and windows. And all of the objectives were now complete, except for this: "After completing all goals, find a hotel to spend the night". That was still incomplete.

I'm still stuck. My 1000 silver isn't ticked off although I've followed jiansonz list, Clemons room is still closed and I still can't get a room at the Cosy which is open.

Another question: I've already done Keeper Jonas quest, finding him the second time. However, am I supposed to have the Crystal I gave him with the elemental back with me? Because I don't have it; when I went to search his body, I got that creature then I got zapped back to his first hideout
    Last edited by llanita; 11th Jan 2016 at 09:22.

I was watching Fen phoenix last walktrough video for this mission, and i notice in the beginning of the video that he was able to frob a grate with the crowbar, the thing is that im playing on "taffer" mode, and i cant frob the grate, is it a bug, or is this grate just available for higher difficult modes?

Quote Originally Posted by llanita View Post
    I'm still stuck. My 1000 silver isn't ticked off although I've followed jiansonz list, Clemons room is still closed and I still can't get a room at the Cosy which is open.

Another question: I've already done Keeper Jonas quest, finding him the second time. However, am I supposed to have the Crystal I gave him with the elemental back with me? Because I don't have it; when I went to search his body, I got that creature then I got zapped back to his first hideout
    That is supposed to happen. What I've learned from this thread is that this needs to happen for the Clean & Cozy to open up:

1. You have to complete the Crystal quest for Jonas.
    2. After you have given the Crystal Jonas --do not leave yet.
    3. You have to click on Jonas again , and he will give you money and another objective to "Find a place to sleep tonight".
    4. Getting that other objective is what opens up the other Inn.

Finally, you must *NOT* visit the mage Theroen's room and read his diary *Before* you give the crystal (filled with elemental) back to Jonas. As soon as you read that diary, it triggers the event that makes Jonas dissappear into the sewers and you cannot give him the crystal then (or even get the crystal quest --- which is what screwed me up the first time I played this).

Cosy is already open for me.
    It's Clemons room that is closed so I can't do the spider, and I can't find a room to rest

I also went back to Keeper Jonas a second time and the room is now closed. (the one in the sewer after he's dead)

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    I was watching Fen phoenix last walktrough video for this mission, and i notice in the beginning of the video that he was able to frob a grate with the crowbar, the thing is that im playing on "taffer" mode, and i cant frob the grate, is it a bug, or is this grate just available for higher difficult modes?
    If I remember correctly the only time at the beginning you use a crowbar is to remove the floor planks to get down to the ground behind the big entrance gate

Quote Originally Posted by llanita View Post
    Cosy is already open for me.
    It's Clemons room that is closed so I can't do the spider, and I can't find a room to rest

I also went back to Keeper Jonas a second time and the room is now closed. (the one in the sewer after he's dead)
    OK, I see. Have you completed these objectives (or do you even have them?)

1. Explore the attic of the inn (you get this after you pick up a key from Jonas' dead body when you find in the sewers the 1st time).
    2. Get the forest key
    3. Get the crystal back from Jonas

You get 2 & 3 after you visit the attic and do something. I'm assuming you *did* do #3 because you got the cutscene. You only get that after you visit Jonas's body the 2nd time to search for the crystal.

I don't think the mage's room was open until after I got the forest key.

elkston I have done all top three.

Here's a screenie of my objectives.
    [IMG][/IMG]

And thanks for helping me

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast