TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 Campaign - Keeper of Infinity 2: Mission 2 - Raven's Nest (6 Jan 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by llanita View Post
    thanks Marbrien but everything seems to be closed up except for the area I'm in.
    you can jump over some of the fences

Quote Originally Posted by Kin View Post
    I am in Captain's mansion an can't take the dagger from the wall neither leave the room
    There is a frobbable wall panel in the SW end of the room.

Quote Originally Posted by jiansonz View Post
    There is a frobbable wall panel in the SW end of the room.
    Thanks! Any idea how i complete the objective "take out the guards before raising the portcullis"? I have the frog beast.

Marbrien thanks again, I found it. I don't know how I missed that section.

anybody? Soul Tear some of us are in tears now... what is the problem with the key and the list from the shop owner at midlle dificulty? I can't go on any more... stuck without the key..

and I replayed from the point with the dagger but to no avail..

Is there a reasonable way to dispatch the three guards, to raise the portcullis, other than gasarrowing them one by one?
    I can only buy two gas arrows but I just can't "collect" them into a group, for a mass KO, since the mission fails if they get alerted more than a little (shooting a few broadhead to the ground resulted in mission failed for me)

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    So I'm giving up. Yes, these missions look great and create an atmosphere. But the gameplay...well, it's bad enough that they insist on the player doing things in a particular sequence, for no real reason. But they also fail to prevent the player (through no fault of their own) following a different sequence, which means the player can't finish.
    Very tempted to do the same here, but in my case it's more because there are SO many guards patrolling the street outside the inn, and this mission relies upon entering the doors of buildings near them in very visible light. I'm not the greatest Thief player but I'm certainly capable of ghosting most missions: this one is ridiculous.

I was also hoping for a romp in zombie-infested catacombs (I MUCH prefer undead / dark magical missions to most other types), but all this fussing about in the city is just frustrating.

Edit: Found and used the stool, can't find the bag. Found Lt. Ashley but she only has a note on her.
    Last edited by chischis; 12th Jan 2016 at 16:57.

Thanks! Any idea how i complete the objective "take out the guards before raising the portcullis"? I have the frog beast.
    Gas arrows or gas mines. And do not let them get alerted. Not even second-highest (searching) alerted. Frogbeast is for something else (and it's pure awesome!)

Quote Originally Posted by chischis View Post
    because there are SO many guards patrolling the street outside the inn, and this mission relies upon entering the doors of buildings near them in very visible light.
    I found a decent solution for that part. Standing just outside the tavern, douse the torch to the left, close to the gate there (which is possible to mantle over). Whack the archer that has his back to you, then use that gate as a safe haven, drop down to either side to whack guards. The alley N of the gate is completely in shadows if that torch is doused. Most of the guards here can be blackjacked. You can use your room and the 'stool house' to lock up some of the no-KO guards in.

Edit: Found and used the stool, can't find the bag. Found Lt. Ashley but she only has a note on her.
    Bag is on the bar counter close to her cop buddy.

Really cool mission! Finished now, with these stats:
    4236/6228 loot
    4/8 secrets
    2/12 void gallery special achievements (<- wow, immense replay value if one is determined to crack many of these...)

The only things I found a bit frustrating were:
    * invisble walls "protecting" me from going places I wasn't supposed to
    (leading to many deaths by 'falling from great height')
    * sometimes hard to tell if a surface would accept a rope arrow
    Last edited by jiansonz; 12th Jan 2016 at 17:21.

I found a decent solution for that part.
    Thanks for that, but now I am not sure where the house is Flik is sending me to, and I'm getting the impression this mission is going to be full of a lot of these fetch quests. I wish to progress out of the city because this busy work is very tedious. Sorry Soul Tear but I'm not enjoying this second mission much, I'm disappointed that things haven't really progressed to the catacombs, forest or house of science yet.
    Last edited by chischis; 12th Jan 2016 at 17:46.

Thanks for that, but now I am not sure where the house is Flik is sending me to, and I'm getting the impression this mission is going to be full of a lot of these fetch quests. I wish to progress out of the city because this busy work is very tedious. Sorry Soul Tear but I'm not enjoying this second mission at all!
    at the E corner of the area...the gap is in front of it... once you are inside you can find the way to the next part of the town

Quote Originally Posted by nightchild View Post
    at the E corner of the area...the gap is in front of it... once you are inside you can find the way to the next part of the town
    Thank you Nightchild, but now I can't exit Flik's house via the window as Garrett becomes stuck in the rafters no matter which side one rope arrows up to. Buggy!

Had to jump through the window of the other building alerting the guards in the process.

Now Flik is offering the hacksaw to me but I can't frob it, I'm guessing it requires pouches from the previous mission? But because I couldn't complete the prior mission properly I have none. So this means I cannot progress (frustrating as I was looking forward to the zombie infested area).

Going to have to give up on this I think. There are some great ideas here and I was very much looking forward to entering the House of Science but these missions have too much busy work and too many objectives that don't trigger properly without doing seemingly arbitrary actions.

If I am indeed stuck here I would be much obliged if someone could offer a save file at this point (or nearby). Otherwise I can't go further it seems.
    Last edited by chischis; 12th Jan 2016 at 18:02.

btw if the use of the frog egg that iansonz said is for "something else" was for the green spider this something else has gone to meet with its Builder....

and since I am here, any news from the key and the list perhaps ?

Thank you Nightchild, but now I can't exit Flik's house via the window as Garrett becomes stuck in the rafters no matter which side one rope arrows up to. Buggy!

Had to jump through the window of the other building alerting the guards in the process.

Now Flik is offering the hacksaw to me but I can't frob it, I'm guessing it requires pouches from the previous mission? But because I couldn't complete the prior mission properly I have none. So this means I cannot progress (frustrating as I was looking forward to the zombie infested area).

Going to have to give up on this I think. There are some great ideas here and I was very much looking forward to entering the House of Science but these missions have too much busy work and too many objectives that don't trigger properly without doing seemingly arbitrary actions.

If I am indeed stuck here I would be much obliged if someone could offer a save file at this point (or nearby). Otherwise I can't go further it seems.

I also skipped part one...after 7 hours of trying to play... reload after reload due to all the gliches but mainly because I couldn't fullfill some objectives due to *not the right order of actions* f@king thing... but I came to the secont one with 7 or 8 pouches ...are you sure you have none?

about saveslot I don't know how to do it -I have one after the obdaining of the dagger- but don't know if is a good idea for you to have it since I probably have the problem with *no key and list*

Quote Originally Posted by nightchild View Post
    I also skipped part one...after 7 hours of trying to play... reload after reload due to all the gliches but mainly because I couldn't fullfill some objectives due to *not the right order of actions* f@king thing... but I came to the secont one with 7 or 8 pouches ...are you sure you have none?
    None because I had to "skip-end" the first mission.

None because I had to "skip-end" the first mission.
    me too...ctrl-alt-shift-end ... if you wish to give this one a try go and play again a litlle to fulfill the money objective and find as much loot as you can ...so you enter the part two with money to spend

Not nearby (because I have all my saves way past that point) but I offer this one: right at the start of Raven's Nest, with 11 purses. You have to be a little conservative with water arrows and rope arrows.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/f9...p/game0010.sav

Not nearby (because I have all my saves way past that point) but I offer this one: right at the start of Raven's Nest, with 11 purses. You have to be a little conservative with water arrows and rope arrows.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/f9...p/game0010.sav
    VERY kind of you to take the time, Jiansonz. Many thanks. I'm playing through Heartcliff at the moment but will come back and try your save after.

Master Builder 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    Thank you, but I have already given Flik the dagger and, while he has allowed me to buy stuff, he has failed to give me either a list or a key. I must have done something else in a different sequence to you and, just like in mission 1, that difference in the sequence has broken the mission for me.
    After you get some weapons, go back to Flik and talk to him again. If I remember correctly, I had to frob him a couple of times or more to get to the part where he gave me the key and note.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    After you get some weapons, go back to Flik and talk to him again. If I remember correctly, I had to frob him a couple of times or more to get to the part where he gave me the key and note.
    No... he keeps saying the same all over.. and over... and over again

Master Builder 2018
    I'm sorry, I don't know what else to suggest. He only repeated it once or twice for me, then he changed and gave me the key. Hopefully Soul Tear will have the answer.

It seems i can't progress the mission because i have no money to buy gas arrows or mines. Is there a work around?

It seems i can't progress the mission because i have no money to buy gas arrows or mines. Is there a work around?
    Find more money. I didn't find many in mission 2, but some of the loot items gave me a credit purse. There is also at least one gas arrow to find.

Master Builder 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Is there a reasonable way to dispatch the three guards, to raise the portcullis, other than gasarrowing them one by one?
    I can only buy two gas arrows but I just can't "collect" them into a group, for a mass KO, since the mission fails if they get alerted more than a little (shooting a few broadhead to the ground resulted in mission failed for me)
    If you go to the middle street and look up high at the wooden balconies, you'll see a bright green gas arrow there just waiting for you. That will give the you third one you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    1. How to get inside Lady Joshephine (or who's) mansion to take the statuette. The front door ceases to be picked after a few seconds, then Garrett says, he has to get something like a lockpick from Flik, but neither he, nor the other guy gives me something like a lockpick. (now the front door is not even frobbable)
    You don't get in there, apparently. I don't know if it matters at what point you try the door to her mansion, but I tried it for the first time after getting the other three items. What I heard Garrett say is that Filk must have known that lock was unpickable, and that two could play that game. Flik could get the statue himself. So, I went back to Flik and gave him the other three items and that completed the objective and he opened the way to the forest.

need a bit of help crowbar broke in libary and also lockpicks wont work on building with statue,already got mask and dagger,just need book and statue,i went back to flic but he said nothing about a new crowbar or lockpicks,what do i do?

Master Builder 2018
    Go down to the guy at the desk in the room where you buy weapons. On that desk there should be a bottle of spider acid. Buy that and use it on the grate which broke your crowbar. As for the statue, read my post right above yours.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast