TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 Campaign - Keeper of Infinity 2: Mission 2 - Raven's Nest (6 Jan 2016)

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Actually, the quick save slot's filename is quick.sav.

Master Builder 2018
    You're right, thanks. I corrected my last post so as not to confuse anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    The save files in Thief are number sequentially in the order they appear from top to bottom in the saves screen. So game0000.sav is the top hard save slot, game0014.sav is the last/bottom hard save slot, and quick.sav is the quick save slot.
    thank you Tannar for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by nightchild View Post
    i have no idea... maybe is safer to use the sav with the latest date.. it was the 13th of Jan. I think (and if i am corect, in this sav you will find the first on the row save game with the time i noted before)... don't know how it works..Probably in the zip are all the saves for both missions.. never done that before, if someone knows how else should I do it is wellcome

copy YOUR saves zip spmewhere else to be safe and try either to extract the first sav into your saves file or the whole zip into your save file
    edit after Tannar's help so the save is the first one = game0000.sav 13/1/16

Go down to the guy at the desk in the room where you buy weapons. On that desk there should be a bottle of spider acid. Buy that and use it on the grate which broke your crowbar. As for the statue, read my post right above yours.
    looks like I am visiting this thread tooooo often lately.... please tell me do you need 5 pouches for the acid ? I went down but no acid on table.. I have only 4 and don't know how many are in the map and where also... the guy downstairs just says about "if you want the item it is 500 blah..blah..blah... all over and over again.. and, do you know if we can get inside the big old mansion with the yard at the right corner of the square ?

Master Builder 2018
    I only needed one pouch for the acid and it was just sitting out on the desk when I got there. I don't know if it matters, but I went there after breaking the crowbar.

Thanks for the save games and the info about how they work, but something is still not right. I backed up all my save games, then loaded the set from the zip. On entering the game via FMSel, I loaded the save game that appears at the top of the list on the load screen (it shows on my load screen with a time stamp of 4:11:52). It is definitely NOT one of my save games, because it is in a different difficulty setting, has a completed objective of helping Farage that never appeared for me, and I have a frogbeast egg I didn't have before. The objectives to get the dagger and buy stuff from Flik are fulfilled. But I still do not have a list or a key for the metal door behind the 3 guards at the fog fence, and Flik is still talking about the dagger objective. So I'm still unable to proceed!

UPDATE. I finally got the list and key by loading an earlier save game in the set posted by nightchild, where Garrett has the dagger and has not yet given it to Flik. The first time I gave the dagger to Flik it did not trigger the key and list, but the second time (ignoring the temptation to buy anything and frobbing Flik repeatedly before he went back to his desk) it finally worked.
    Last edited by Marbrien; 14th Jan 2016 at 11:26.

I only needed one pouch for the acid and it was just sitting out on the desk when I got there. I don't know if it matters, but I went there after breaking the crowbar.
    It matters
    You can get the acid after your crowbar is broken. Talk to the thief guy (Manu is his name I think?) in the weapons section of the shop. He will give you the acid, and it costs 1 money bag as everything else.
    Also DO NOT use the teleport glyph while you are in the place where the book is (aka library)! There's a glitch if you leave the place that way, the "transport" gets broken and you can't get back! Use the teleport glyph only when you are already back to the streets.

For the Mansion / Isis statuette: it's not so straightforward, but you don't have to get it, so ignore it and focus on the other items/objectives.
    Last edited by Taylor; 14th Jan 2016 at 05:43.

i'm stuck...so i talked to the guy in front of the pawn shop. He wants that bag. Does that mean i have to get back over the fence via stool? becaus if......it doesn't work for me. No matter where or in what position i place a rope arrow...i simply can't climb over that thing, i always fall. Any ideas or advices? why is everything so not working and glitchy? thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Supremcee View Post
    i'm stuck...so i talked to the guy in front of the pawn shop. He wants that bag. Does that mean i have to get back over the fence via stool? becaus if......it doesn't work for me. No matter where or in what position i place a rope arrow...i simply can't climb over that thing, i always fall. Any ideas or advices? why is everything so not working and glitchy? thanks in advance
    Yes, it does mean that. And you have to make that journey more than once, which is pretty tedious. I was able to put a rope arrow into the stool and climb over, but if you are having problems with that, there is a wood panel to the left of the stool (when viewed from below) and at the same height which will take a rope arrow. From there you should be able to jump onto or over the metal fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    It matters
    You can get the acid after your crowbar is broken. Talk to the thief guy (Manu is his name I think?) in the weapons section of the shop. He will give you the acid, and it costs 1 money bag as everything else.
    Also DO NOT use the teleport glyph while you are in the place where the book is (aka library)! There's a glitch if you leave the place that way, the "transport" gets broken and you can't get back! Use the teleport glyph only when you are already back to the streets.

For the Mansion / Isis statuette: it's not so straightforward, but you don't have to get it, so ignore it and focus on the other items/objectives.
    οκ...it's good to hear that you need olny one.. what it's bad is that the guy wont give nada..empty table, just an unfrobbably caraf and glass.. I went there after library+ portcullis + dagger
    + mask+ looting the area
    and btw ..back when I was madlly frobbing the owner to trigger the convercations I also frobbed him too 'cause I remember that I have read Manu's lines then also, as well as the owner's. Now, Manu just says the same all over but nothing happens. What now????? I really admire my patience ...really... (and your's as well)

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    Yes, it does mean that. And you have to make that journey more than once, which is pretty tedious. I was able to put a rope arrow into the stool and climb over, but if you are having problems with that, there is a wood panel to the left of the stool (when viewed from below) and at the same height which will take a rope arrow. From there you should be able to jump onto or over the metal fence.
    the stool for me didn't take a rope when I first tried, so I put one on the window which is on the right wall there.. the jumb on stool on the other hand never failed me..I allways land on it so it was: run/mandle stool/ and down by rope..

Thanks for the save games and the info about how they work, but something is still not right. I backed up all my save games, then loaded the set from the zip. On entering the game via FMSel, I loaded the save game that appears at the top of the list on the load screen (it shows on my load screen with a time stamp of 4:11:52). It is definitely NOT one of my save games, because it is in a different difficulty setting, has a completed objective of helping Farage that never appeared for me, and I have a frogbeast egg I didn't have before. The objectives to get the dagger and buy stuff from Flik are fulfilled. But I still do not have a list or a key for the metal door behind the 3 guards at the fog fence, and Flik is still talking about the dagger objective. So I'm still unable to proceed!

UPDATE. I finally got the list and key by loading an earlier save game in the set posted by nightchild, where Garrett has the dagger and has not yet given it to Flik. The first time I gave the dagger to Flik it did not trigger the key and list, but the second time (ignoring the temptation to buy anything and frobbing Flik repeatedly before he went back to his desk) it finally worked.
    I am glad you could go on... good luck with the acid

Quote Originally Posted by nightchild View Post
    οκ...it's good to hear that you need olny one.. what it's bad is that the guy wont give nada..empty table, just an unfrobbably caraf and glass.. I went there after library+ portcullis + dagger
    + mask+ looting the area
    and btw ..back when I was madlly frobbing the owner to trigger the convercations I also frobbed him too 'cause I remember that I have read Manu's lines then also, as well as the owner's. Now, Manu just says the same all over but nothing happens. What now????? I really admire my patience ...really... (and your's as well)
    Is your crowbar broken? Until it's not, Manu won't give you the acid.
    If you broke it already, then I don't know. Try to frob him a few times, perhaps it helps.

@Supremcee
    Do you have new_mantle enabled?

@Supremcee
    Do you have new_mantle enabled?
    Damn it, that was my fault. after all the issues in mission one i made a clean installation and then forgot to re-enable it. thank you!

Is your crowbar broken? Until it's not, Manu won't give you the acid.
    If you broke it already, then I don't know. Try to frob him a few times, perhaps it helps.

hahahaha... I am frobbing so many strangers these days.. and so many times!!! and yes, is broken.. from the grill where the book is and the line was: "I may find something in the pawn shop for this" no "tallk to Manu about this" as someone in here mentiond before

@Supremcee
    You're welcome. At least this problem got solved

@nightchild
    Sorry, then I have no idea
    Then the best I can say is, to try to reload a save where you didn't yet talked to them again, and try talk to them. Or if that doesn't work, the last save before you broke the crowbar. Hopefully, you have one in close proximity, not to lose much progress.

@Supremcee
    You're welcome. At least this problem got solved

@nightchild
    Sorry, then I have no idea
    Then the best I can say is, to try to reload a save where you didn't yet talked to them again, and try talk to them. Or if that doesn't work, the last save before you broke the crowbar. Hopefully, you have one in close proximity, not to lose much progress.
    I plan to do the book job again ..as I hate to go all over the previous conversation problems one more time...but something tells me that I will have to redo the whole part again... :-( Thank you and Tannar again for the help!!

I have gone over to the part of town where your crowbar breaks, so I need to get back to the Raven's Nest. But how do I get back to the part of town which contains the pawn shop/weapon store?

1.) There is a door on the wall, to the left from the point where Garrett enters the place. It leads back to the door on the other side.
    2.) Use the glyph which teleports you back to the "void" (usually you must frob it twice, to completely teleport back)
    --- if you do the latter, do not do it while you are in the library/40 wanderers inn/precursor dagger mansion

I have gone over to the part of town where your crowbar breaks, so I need to get back to the Raven's Nest. But how do I get back to the part of town which contains the pawn shop/weapon store?
    either you walk back or when you are somewhere out on the streets frobb the void glif and it will send you either to your previous location or into the void.. if the second, frobb the other glif there to go to the shortcut in the sewers

I know the way in to Penny's Pub is via the window on the house in the corner. I cannot get a rope arrow to stick anywhere near or on that window. Am I right in that is the way to do it? I can't see any other way that is open that's close to the Penny's pub.

You don't need a rope arrow there.
    Climb onto the barrel, then climb onto the jalousie (or what is it in English) of the window next to the barrel. From there you should be able to open window, and then jump in.
    It's not that easy as written down, so don't be surprised if you can do it only for the second try. (Just make sure the haunt/zombies don't catch you --- if they are still "alive")

Thanks Taylor. I'll go get that done then. As for the zombies and haunts they'll have to stay 'alive' because I don't have any water arrows

You're welcome.
    That's not a problem (at least on Garrett/hard difficulty, I didn't have to deal with them) and the place is ghostable.
    If you already found Keeper Jonas, then the way back is much easier just by using the teleport glyph.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast