TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 Campaign - Keeper of Infinity 2: Mission 2 - Raven's Nest (6 Jan 2016)

Im inside the pub now. Just got the objective to help Faraj

Find his friend/"co-worker". Guess where you can do that

I thought of his wand actually. He wrote about it in the note on the table.

Then do that
    Actually that way you'll complete the objective.
    Though your thought is wrong.

still with the Malu problem

I tried all the ways I could think..left the book for the end of my visits as I thought maybe because I did t the otherway round caused the glich...before entering library I went back to check if Malu was highlighing -but no- so, I did the job, whent back again, now he highlights...but either I frobb him first or after his boss or if I give the rest of the stuff to owner or not, the situation remains the same...all talking and no acid.. Maybe someone with a nice save after the proper interaction with Manu can help me and my sanity?

Quote Originally Posted by llanita View Post
    I know the way in to Penny's Pub is via the window on the house in the corner. I cannot get a rope arrow to stick anywhere near or on that window.
    I could only place a rope arrow into the window when I had already opened it. By jumping up and frobbing, I think. I could then place the arrow in the beam on the top part of the open window, but only on the part inside (the "opposite" of the windowsill, so to speak). The rope hang down far enough to reach it, and then I was inside.

Quote Originally Posted by nightchild View Post
    I tried all the ways I could think..left the book for the end of my visits as I thought maybe because I did t the otherway round caused the glich...before entering library I went back to check if Malu was highlighing -but no- so, I did the job, whent back again, now he highlights...but either I frobb him first or after his boss or if I give the rest of the stuff to owner or not, the situation remains the same...all talking and no acid..
    I had to approach Manu from behind until I bumped into him, and then he finally highlighted. So I was talking to his ass now. Then I got the option to get that acid, paid with one special loot bag, and that was it.

However, several attempts to open the grate by which you gain access to the book didn't "go by the book". First, the crowbar broke, but Garrett did not recommend going back to Flik's for help. I reloaded, and this part worked fine now. When I returned with the acid, applying it worked, but I fell down, and Garrett said something along the lines, "it didn't work, I have to return to the shop". I reloaded again, did the acid show once again, and this time, it did not only work, but Garrett didn't babble the wrong lines this time. Very weird.

Well, I've left for the forest now. Only a bit more loot than 2600 on "Taffer", but that's enough for me.

This mission was rich in graphics as well as conversations and Garrett's "solo speeches", and fortunately, there were no problems with breaking the chain of events this time. But I still find parts of the gameplay too hard for easiest difficulty level, I have to say.

Oh, btw, I had a black rectangle appearing on the lower part of Flik's list. Did anyone else have that problem (v1.2 of the campaign)?

Quote Originally Posted by baeuchlein View Post
    Oh, btw, I had a black rectangle appearing on the lower part of Flik's list. Did anyone else have that problem (v1.2 of the campaign)?
    Yes, I can read only three lines of the info about the dagger.

Quote Originally Posted by baeuchlein View Post
    I could only place a rope arrow into the window when I had already opened it. By jumping up and frobbing, I think. I could then place the arrow in the beam on the top part of the open window, but only on the part inside (the "opposite" of the windowsill, so to speak). The rope hang down far enough to reach it, and then I was inside.

I had to approach Manu from behind until I bumped into him, and then he finally highlighted. So I was talking to his ass now. Then I got the option to get that acid, paid with one special loot bag, and that was it.

However, several attempts to open the grate by which you gain access to the book didn't "go by the book". First, the crowbar broke, but Garrett did not recommend going back to Flik's for help. I reloaded, and this part worked fine now. When I returned with the acid, applying it worked, but I fell down, and Garrett said something along the lines, "it didn't work, I have to return to the shop". I reloaded again, did the acid show once again, and this time, it did not only work, but Garrett didn't babble the wrong lines this time. Very weird.

Well, I've left for the forest now. Only a bit more loot than 2600 on "Taffer", but that's enough for me.

This mission was rich in graphics as well as conversations and Garrett's "solo speeches", and fortunately, there were no problems with breaking the chain of events this time. But I still find parts of the gameplay too hard for easiest difficulty level, I have to say.

his highlight for me is normal in distance... I 'll try to frobb his ass this time .. (but I don't excpect any other reaction on his behalf any way..) and yes, my list also has the black rectangle appearing on the lower part.

no...still nothing, anyhow I try to make him give me the bottle. I even went and placed frog on spider in case they could be used as an alternative way to make acid, but they just startred to uselessly stroll around
    Last edited by nightchild; 14th Jan 2016 at 21:29.

I too cannot get the acid from Manu. I went back to him after breaking the crowbar. He highlights OK straightaway, tells me he has something and that it will cost 500 (I think). But no matter how many money pouches I frob on him, no acid appears on his desk.

And I also have a black rectangle over the bottom right of Flik's list, obscuring quite a lot of the dagger text.

I'm no entomologist, but I recognise bugs when I see them.

@jiansonz
    Actually that part does not contain any important info. Though if you really want to read it, you can do it from the Book folder.

Still no idea what triggers Manu, to give the acid. (or why it does not work)
    If you frob him only once, and wait a little?

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Then do that
    Actually that way you'll complete the objective.
    Though your thought is wrong.
    Now I get why you said my thought is wrong lol

So frustrating right now....I'm at the Penny's Pub and there's no dagger here. I already helped Farage. I don't have any clues as to where to go next. I also don't want to go back to Flik after just having made this hike twice. If anyone could give me a gentle-ish nudge in the right direction I'd be very grateful.
    Thanks

Master Builder 2018
    See this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    But no matter how many money pouches I frob on him, no acid appears on his desk.
    Not that this will solve your problem, but you don't use the pouches on Manu, you use one on the acid once it appears on his desk.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    See this post.

Not that this will solve your problem, but you don't use the pouches on Manu, you use one on the acid once it appears on his desk.
    OK, thanks, but it does not appear. There is only an unfobbable jug and cup, which I think have been there all the time.

So frustrating right now....I'm at the Penny's Pub and there's no dagger here. I already helped Farage. I don't have any clues as to where to go next. I also don't want to go back to Flik after just having made this hike twice. If anyone could give me a gentle-ish nudge in the right direction I'd be very grateful.
    Thanks
    check the room next to mage..think high

Quote Originally Posted by nightchild View Post
    check the room next to mage..think high
    Thanks nightchild. Got it. Didn't think to look up there, to be honest

Quick question...is there a particular weapon/item I should buy that I will absolutely need to use?

Quick question...is there a particular weapon/item I should buy that I will absolutely need to use?
    gas is a must these days ,rope for sure -but you should have more than 5 already- maybe some water and moss (I don't say anything about flash and holy as both when used caused the game to crash for me) Just don't buy all the gear at once...save some pocket money ; if you are more lucky than some of us you will need it .But the shopping is made easier with the glyphs

You will absolutely need a total of 3 gas arrows (although one can be found).

I agree with the others. Gas arrows are the most important. Take the invisibility potion too of course. If you have enough water/rope/moss arrows, the rest of the items are more or less useless.

While you're there, could you also buy a powerful battery and a pair of nipple clips? Perhaps that way you could persuade Flik and Manu to hand over to some of us the things they are supposed to. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    While you're there, could you also buy a powerful battery and a pair of nipple clips? Perhaps that way you could persuade Flik and Manu to hand over to some of us the things they are supposed to. Thanks in advance.
    LOL & LOL again... and please pm us an account to deposit your money..

Thats done. I bought gas arrows.
    Also, I was able to get the Acid from Manu.
    This is how I proceeded.
    After I got the dagger, I went to Flik. clicked on him with the dagger, he was surprised I got it, then asked me to follow him, which I did. Once downstairs, I clicked on him again and he went on to babble something about his weapons and Manu. I went to the counter, the acid was there, I clicked the purse on it and got it, then I went to the weapons and bought them.
    I'm afraid I used up all my purses, I didn't save any, and I'm afraid to restart that section again in case I have the same problem with the acid as some of you are having.

I also informed Flik that if he didn't provide you all with the acid, I would inform the guards.

Well, I was able to go back to a different save, and redo it again, and I got the acid again. This time I only bought 3 gas arrows and saved 4 purses for later.

By the way, I still have my crowbar
    Last edited by llanita; 15th Jan 2016 at 16:31.

Actually there's nothing else you have to buy. The 2/3 gas arrows and the acid are must (and the hacksaw was before of course), the rest is optional, though the invisibility potion and gas arrows are the most reasonable choice.

"By the way, I still have my crowbar" --- odd
    Can you use the acid instantly on the grate in the library? Or you have to break your crowbar on it first?

I just got to the library, and I was wondering how to go about looking for the book...I guess I know now!LOL I will let you know whether the crowbar breaks or I use the acid.

Soul Tear, will you make a video walktrough for this mission?

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast