TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 Campaign - Keeper of Infinity 2: Mission 2 - Raven's Nest (6 Jan 2016)

Right, I know that there's supposed to be a grate in the library, however, I climbed up every rafter, I've frobbed everything there is to frob, (two candles) I've turned up my gamma and I cannot see any grate in this library. Is there just one or is there another one somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by llanita View Post
    Right, I know that there's supposed to be a grate in the library, however, I climbed up every rafter, I've frobbed everything there is to frob, (two candles) I've turned up my gamma and I cannot see any grate in this library. Is there just one or is there another one somewhere?
    The rafters are all connected to the wall structure in the center, which has a ledge that you can walk alongside it on. The grate is on the short length of the wall strcuture, facing away from the room with the owner's bed.

Thats done. I bought gas arrows.
    Also, I was able to get the Acid from Manu.
    This is how I proceeded.
    After I got the dagger, I went to Flik. clicked on him with the dagger, he was surprised I got it, then asked me to follow him, which I did. Once downstairs, I clicked on him again and he went on to babble something about his weapons and Manu. I went to the counter, the acid was there, I clicked the purse on it and got it, then I went to the weapons and bought them.
    I'm afraid I used up all my purses, I didn't save any, and I'm afraid to restart that section again in case I have the same problem with the acid as some of you are having.

I also informed Flik that if he didn't provide you all with the acid, I would inform the guards.

Well, I was able to go back to a different save, and redo it again, and I got the acid again. This time I only bought 3 gas arrows and saved 4 purses for later.

By the way, I still have my crowbar
    Ahem..!!!... Do I see correctly here? .... llanita bought the acid before she breaks the crowbar???

Also, I just tried to open the grate in the library, and I had to use the crowbar, it broke as expected, Garrett said something like now what to do, even though I already had the acid, I applied the acid right after that with no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by nightchild View Post
    start with the house next to the gap
    I'm in Empyrium's situation (I need to get to the other side of town after getting the objective to steal a bag) and I need a more detailed hint. There's two houses by the gap opposite from the Stumbling Traveler; one has a first and second floor with two sleeping people and the route to the basement where the mage had repeatedly gone "back and forth" in Mission 1 is now blocked. Then there's a house where I can rope arrow up to a balcony but can't get to anything from there. Help!

- prjames

Master Builder 2018
    It's neither of those houses. Go all the way to the last house at the end of the street near the big hole in the ground. There are some crates on the side of the house. Climb up on those and open the shutters on the window above them. You can shoot a rope arrow into the outer strip of wood on the top window frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    It's neither of those houses. Go all the way to the last house at the end of the street near the big hole in the ground. There are some crates on the side of the house. Climb up on those and open the shutters on the window above them. You can shoot a rope arrow into the outer strip of wood on the top window frame.
    I figured it out just before seeing your post. I was actually tasked with stealing the confiscated bag, which in Taffer difficulty appears (along with the policewoman and another Dark Helmet - my term for the un-BJ-able guards) in the Stumbling Traveler inn - main floor! Once I got and delivered the bag, and was granted access to the weapons shop and given the Penny's Dagger objective, that window became frobbable. Onwards!

- prjames

Master Builder 2018
    Did anyone complete this playing on Keeper (Expert)? I have everything done except the loot goal and can't find any more loot anywhere. I've searched every building that you can enter, in all parts of town. I've been to all of the balconies in the part of town with the big square with the fountain. I'm pretty sure I got all the loot from those apartments, though it's always possible I missed something. But I searched very thoroughly more than once. The goal for Expert is 4000 total, and 500 of it must be gems. I have 4238, and 410 of it is in gems. So I need 90 more in gems to finish the mission. Has anyone found that much?

Did anyone complete this playing on Keeper (Expert)? I have everything done except the loot goal and can't find any more loot anywhere. I've searched every building that you can enter, in all parts of town. I've been to all of the balconies in the part of town with the big square with the fountain. I'm pretty sure I got all the loot from those apartments, though it's always possible I missed something. But I searched very thoroughly more than once. The goal for Expert is 4000 total, and 500 of it must be gems. I have 4238, and 410 of it is in gems. So I need 90 more in gems to finish the mission. Has anyone found that much?
    Yes.

Here is my lootlist this far (.xls format) Still missing two pieces (that I will write a post about later).

thank you very much for making a lootlist. This helps me out a lot.

I'm on expert and I've got a long way to go as far as loot is concerned. If it's anything like mission 1 I have a feeling I'll end the game manually

Quote Originally Posted by jiansonz View Post
    ...Still missing two pieces.
    Thank you, it helps a lot. BTW, did you find all the secrets? I have only 3/8, and I wonder if some of them were in those areas that became inaccessible after completing their main objectives (like behind the Rocksbourg gate)

What about those 12 rainbow gates in the "Void"? Only 2 of them opened up for me, and I have no clues whatever how to perform any more "achievements"...

Edit: Ooops, I should have checked all the tabs before asking... as an excuse, I think I found one more "achievement": killing the haunt in front of Penny's Pub opened up another showcase. But: is the "Beast" the stone brute in the sewers? If it is, how did you kill it?
    Last edited by csamba; 16th Jan 2016 at 09:10.

For the book in the library..I have to ask because noone else has posted asking help for it, so I'm hoping it isn't something wrong in some sequence, but my lockpicks won't open the dome over the book, and I don't have any other keys that will work

For the book in the library..I have to ask because noone else has posted asking help for it, so I'm hoping it isn't something wrong in some sequence, but my lockpicks won't open the dome over the book, and I don't have any other keys that will work
    I have asked in previous posts, check it.

Quote Originally Posted by csamba View Post
    But: is the "Beast" the stone brute in the sewers?
    Yes.

If it is, how did you kill it?

Not going to spill it out fully just yet, but there is a hint in a readable in mission 1.
    Something about two kinds of creatures getting along well because of a mutual understanding about how they fuction.

@Ilanita: check near the owner's bed.

Yes.

Not going to spill it out fully just yet, but there is a hint in a readable in mission 1.
    Something about two kinds of creatures getting along well because of a mutual understanding about how they fuction.

@Ilanita: check near the owner's bed.
    Thanks jiansonz, I had checked before, obviously not well enough lol

creatures getting along well because of a mutual understanding about how they fuction.
    OK, my frog rode on the back of the green creature, they came out and started patrolling a short section - but did not do anything else and did not go further. So after a long while I shot the rider with an arrow, killing both of them...

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    Soul Tear, will you make a video walktrough for this mission?
    Eventually, maybe. But surely the first priority ought to be to fix the mission.

OK, my frog rode on the back of the green creature, they came out and started patrolling a short section - but did not do anything else and did not go further. So after a long while I shot the rider with an arrow, killing both of them...
    Sounds like your stone beast in the sewer has got stuck somewhere. He's supposed to have an encounter with the frog beast aboard the spider which is fatal for all three of them. See if you can find him and lead him to where the frog spider patrols.

Quote Originally Posted by Squadarofl View Post
    Far Edges, do I sense a connection with Keeper of Infinity? I saw several mentions of Hope Street and a certain Crestov-something. Is Lost in the Far Edges takes place in Königsfurst ?

Yes, Keeper Jonas also met in LIFE.

Master Builder 2018
    Here is my lootlist this far...
    Thanks! I'll check it out. Clearly I missed a lot more than I thought possible, but the largest part was the ruby on the stonebeast. I didn't realize it was a ruby. I thought it was supposed to be his heart (though the two aren't mutually exclusive - I guess it makes sense that a stone beast's heart would also be a stone).

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    Sounds like your stone beast in the sewer has got stuck somewhere.
    That was my problem too. I had put the frogbeast on the spider not long after finding it, but the stonebeast had managed to fall off the walkway and into the water. After a lot of trying, I managed to find a way to get him back up onto the walkway. I taunted him until he fell into the underwater hole near the room that Jonas was in. As soon as he was about to fall in that hole, he magically appeared back on the walkways again.

...I taunted him until he fell into the underwater hole...he magically appeared back on the walkways again.
    Thanks, this manoeuvre worked!
    I've never seen it out ot the water before, and it've never crossed my mind to have it fall into the hole to float up...

Quote Originally Posted by nightchild View Post
    anybody? Soul Tear some of us are in tears now... what is the problem with the key and the list from the shop owner at midlle dificulty? I can't go on any more... stuck without the key..

and I replayed from the point with the dagger but to no avail..
    I don't know the cause of this bug. In most cases the scripts work correctly.
    But you can get the key and list when Flik in the basement, need to block his path and frob him.

Thanks! I'll check it out. Clearly I missed a lot more than I thought possible, but the largest part was the ruby on the stonebeast. I didn't realize it was a ruby. I thought it was supposed to be his heart (though the two aren't mutually exclusive - I guess it makes sense that a stone beast's heart would also be a stone).
    This is not a stonebeast. This is a fleshbeast from the nightmare dimension...

There is only one stone golem in the cave in the 1st mission.

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    i so want to see what happends that chick behind the fence you know is super powerfull,when the hammer finnatl do come i hope we get to watch the battle from a safe vantage point

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast