TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: FMs - Ghost/Perfect Thief Results (Part 8) [SPOILERS]

ANYBODY... HOME?

Very short mission. Impossible to ghost, because you are forced to break skeleton (ghost bust #1) and 4 planks leading to your neighbor's apartment (ghost bust #2).

STATS:

Time: 6 min 39 s; Loot: 0/0
    Pockets Picked: 0/0; Locks Picked: 1
    Back Stabs: 0; Knock Outs: 0
    Damage Dealt: 0; Damage Taken: 0; Healing Taken: 0
    Innocents killed: 0; Others killed: 0
    Iron Beasts Destroyed: 0; Disabled: 0
    Secrets: 0/0

GHOST: IMPOSSIBLE
    SUPREME GHOST: IMPOSSIBLE

THE BLUE STAR

Mission is easy to ghost it and even supreme ghosted. Also on Expert you need to grab all loot. There are some tricky situations like avoiding spider in sewers and ghost in attic. 2nd floor Camera Room is also tricky, because you need to time 2 patrollers (second patroller will be timed blindly) and camera movement. Going back through this passage will be harder. In Supervisor is purple box behind banner. Not a supreme bust, because it's imaginable that Garrett's hand can slip behind banner to open purple box with money.

On 3rd floor you get Attic key. I decided to block lock door and return key now before summoning of haunts. For Blue Star I rope down to floor, then sneak to place to the right behind pair of guards. From there I steal Blue Star. Then I backtrack into corner and use second rope arrow to return on wooden beam.

STATS:

Time: 41 min 21 s; Loot: 1250/1250
    Pockets Picked: 3/3; Locks Picked: 6

GHOST: SUCCESS
    PERFECT GHOST: SUCCESS
    SUPREME GHOST: SUCCESS
    PERFECT SUPREME: SUCCESS

CASTLE OF THE DEAD

This mission is hard. It can't be ghosted, because you will encounter some forced ghost busts. For start I'm gonna skip entirely looting houses, because residents are changing into zombies and start looking in entrance to their houses. Later I will get weapon to cure these people, so I will avoid ghost bust by getting spotted by these zombies. And I need to loot these houses, because loot objective force me to get all loot in this mission. Also I'm playing revised version with improved lighting.

RESTAURANT

You are starting outside. First go grab ring from well. Then go to front entrance of Restaurant. Get closer to servant. He will change into zombie and kill guard with Front Door key. There is a chance that he will open door. This way other servant will change into zombie too and 3 thieves will get killed. Quickly run to back entrance in SE house.

I had luck, zombie lady was turned away right, so I could grab coin stack and go along left side to Dining Room. Grab golden bottle near stairs and plates from table. Near front door should be body of other thief with Upstairs to Bunk Room key.

Upstairs is Blacky with Wall Safe key, which you need to use through banner and grab Vault Room key. Go downstairs to Vault and grab Castle Main Gates key. Also use lever. Time to leave. Unfortunately I can sneak near zombie lady from kitchen. She corrected her position and she always alerts. It would be possible before zombification. Luckily I can exit through front door. If you jump forward, servant zombie will not notice you. Go to Castle.

CASTLE

Run into shadow on bridge and jump right into water. Under bridge is ring. Swim to cave with not very dangerous spider. First go east. In house is goblet, golden bottle and fire poker. Noble will change into zombie. Go upstairs. Sneak for left coin stack, then return to stairs. Mantle on wooden railing around stairs and sneak that way to grab second coin stack. Return to cave and go west.

Singer lady is neutral, so you can easily grab her coin stack. Go upstairs. There is zombie protecting other coin stack. You need to rope up to wooden railing behind zombie. Grab coin stack and drop on stairs. Go outside and go to front entrance to Castle. On the right of it is entrance to passage connecting corner towers.

1st guard is easy to dodge. 2nd and 3rd - I will need to nudge slightly right. In 3rd tower is chest with 5 moss arrows. In 4th tower you need again nudge guard right to get to chest with 5 water arrows. Return all the way to main entrance to the Castle and go through white double door. This leads to Lord of this Castle.

SIR FREDDIE M

Mantle on stairs when guard is going down. Go upstairs, jump to 2 swords, use sword switch to get on wooden beams above Throne Room. Douse 2 braziers and 2 torches behind Sir Freddie M. Rope down near passage to his private room. Sneak to him to steal his Tomb of Kings key and goblet and golden bottle near him.

Enter his private room and steal 2 goblets and 2 plates from table, fire poker and loot from 2nd chest. Through banner grab Dead Maker and Cathedral Gate key from purple box. Return on wooden beams and leave Sir Freddie M Area. Between 2 houses is Tomb of Kings. Inside grab everything from every grave, frob skull and rope up for Scepter and urn. Downstairs all 4 graves has loot and on each of 3 ends is 1 urn.

KILLING CASTLE ZOMBIES

Dead Maker can change zombies into people with one slash. But every person will 2nd alert. Not to you, but zombie explosion. I'm starting from west house. Close all doors, go upstairs and rope up behind zombie. Kill it. Singer below will 2nd alert and together with her, spider in cave below will also 2nd alert (ghost bust #1). Luckily guards will not hear.

Go to east house. Killing noble zombie will 2nd alert his cured form, change upstairs people into zombies and again 2nd alert spider (ghost bust #2). Wait for zombies upstairs to calm down and kill one of them. It will 2nd alert cured form, 3rd alert other zombie and 2nd alert noble below (ghost bust #3), so kill last zombie and his cured form will 2nd alert (ghost bust #4).

Time to leave Castle. Open main gate with Castle Main Gates key and strafe run into shadow. Time to deal with zombies in the Village.

KILLING VILLAGE ZOMBIES

First I'm killing zombie in front of Restaurant. If doors are locked other zombie will not hear anything. Cured form will 2nd alert together with patrolling outside thief (near starting point) and nearby stationary guard (ghost bust #5). Go to back door and kill kitchen zombie lady. Her cured form will 2nd alert (ghost bust #6). Go to NW house (near starting point).

Enter, close door and grab 2 coin stacks. Go near 2nd door, woman will change into zombie and you will get new objective. Kill zombie. Her cured form will 2nd alert (ghost bust #7). Go to 2nd house. Grab 2 coin stacks, go to 2nd door, kill zombie. Cured person will 2nd alert (ghost bust #8). Go to 3rd house. Grab golden bottle and hide in shadow near fruit, kill zombie and his cured form will 2nd alert (ghost bust #9). After this we cured all zombies. Go to Cathedral.

CATHEDRAL

Go right and rope up to 3rd floor beam. In locked room is golden bottle and book switch. Drop to 1st floor and go to stairs leading to 3rd floor. In Armory you find 2 golden bottles and in corridor after first beam there is tiny ring on floor. Return to stairs and go to basement.

Grab book, go into corner and grab mask. Gate will drop and 3 haunts will spawn. You can kill first haunt without alert, also that way you will complete killing undead objective. So this death is excused. But other 2 haunts will alert and attack you. You must kill them too. This will raise gate, but still that's a ghost bust #10. In the newly opened tomb you will find rest of loot on graves.

Time to leave. Go to starting point. Now you need to get spotted by archer in front of Bafford Manor. This trigger finishing last objective. Archer will try to shoot you, but cancel it. But still that's a ghost bust #11.

STATS:

Time: 58 min; Loot: 4058/4058
    Pockets Picked: 2/4; Locks Picked: 5
    Back Stabs: 33 (?); Knock Outs: 0
    Damage Dealt: 181; Damage Taken: 0; Healing Taken: 0
    Innocents killed: 0; Others killed: 12

Why my Back Stabs stat shows number 33? I killed from back only 8 zombies, other zombie and 3 haunts were killed head on. Nobody else died from my hand.

PERFECT GHOST: IMPOSSIBLE

Wow, 11 ghost busts. That's one tough mission!

Quote Originally Posted by klatremus View Post
    Wow, 11 ghost busts. That's one tough mission!
    Nah, other than these 11 forced ghost busts this mission isn't very difficult to ghost. Next one, Infinity Crescendo, is difficult and like previous also has some forced ghost busts.

INSANITY'S CRESCENDO

Mission is split into 2 big areas: Mansion and Underground. In Mansion there is hidden bonus objective for KO-ing everyone except captain. If I do that, then my mansion run will not be any different from my test run. I decided to not unlock this hidden objective. Other hidden objective mention taking person from Mansion to Underground. Again I'm gonna skip this one to avoid KO-ing anyone, because objective doesn't even mention that I must KO this person.

MANSION - SECOND FLOOR

You are outside, so rope up to nearby window leading to 2nd floor. Grab glasses and Bedrooms Master key from box. Go behind archer, then go behind guard into corridor. Pass guard from left and enter balcony. Grab 2 goblets from table and ring from far plant. Captain has Machine Room key. Return to corridor and pass guard from left. Go to stairs and descend. Go left behind patrollers.

MANSION - FIRST FLOOR

First you have 2 rooms on both sides. Both are patrolled by 1 guard who has Entrance key, which you don't need. I went right to Library, hid in shadow in doorway and turned off light. Then hid in corner, so patroller could leave. In Library is purse from painter, 2 vases and ring on top of bookcase near painter. In SW corner on side of bookcase is secret switch for loot in NE part of Library. Go to 2nd room leading to Dining Room. Turn off light and take everything from table. Ignore Bar for now and return to corridor.

Next room is opened with Master key. Read book to get new objectives. Next is bathroom with ring on sink. North side of corridor has back door. It's good to cross it while crouching. Next room is WC with Dry Sponge in bucket. Next is priest's bedroom. Grab purse and Flask of Water near bed. Next room is closed with key hidden inside. Last room is Bar.

Go inside, block close door, so you can turn off lights without being seen. Get inside. Grab purse from noble, then go between woman and stationary guard and pass him during his turning animation. Grab another purse, 3 coin stacks from table and woman's goblet. Go on the other side of counter and grab everything from it. Then go behind bartender and grab Benny's Mead from wine rack. Return to corridor.

Last room is Kitchen. Quickly turn off light. There is plate near stove, 3 plates in sink, 8 plates on shelf and also Salt (3rd can on shelf). On very top of shelves is 7 more plates. Drop down and go near stairs. Wait for maid to enter Kitchen, you also need to time 3 patrollers downstairs and descend into basement.

MANSION - BASEMENT

Go across to Furnace Room. Grab Bellows and hide near boxes. Here are 3 patrollers, one of them has Armory key. They are patrolling Guards and Servants Bedrooms and stairs to Kitchen. First go left to Guards Bedroom. In 1st and 3rd chest is loot. Be careful patrollers can 2nd alert to picklocking sound. Under table are 4 coins. Lean to turn off light in next room. Read note on wall, grab 4 coin stacks from table and steal golden bottle from drunk guard. Backtrack and go across to Servant Quarters. In locked chest is loot. Then enter metal door to Machine Room.

Go through it and put Benny's Mead on tray. Then turn off turrets from Showroom. You can strafe run into Armory to grab extra equipment. Return to Machine Room, close doors and drop into water. Underwater you find 5 coins. Drop Salt to disable force field. Bow you need to time yourself with 3 patrollers. Drop Dry Sponge and quickly run to Furnace Room. Use Wet Sponge on cart of coal to get Dirty Sponge. This is a time event, so be quick. Return to Kitchen.

FINISHING MANSION

Go to front entrance and rope up to SE part of railing when archer is going left. Drop on carpet and quickly open door to Showroom. Inside you will find 6 masks and Fire Gem in box. Wait for archer and go behind him to Concert Room. Under sleeping woman are 2 coins. Wait for archer to go left and use Master key to enter Master Room at the top of stairs.

Use Dirty Sponge on book. Descend to Library. Wait for butler to pass and return to Master Room. Open safe. Inside is loot and Shed key. Return to Furnace Room, go on top of boxes and open door in ceiling. Return to shadow at starting point and go along south wall to Shed. Be careful, patrollers are crazy sensitive, so be sure no patrollers are in this part of outside area.

Inside Shed is tunnel and crate. Crate is indestructible, but there is event in which this crate will be destroyed. This means ghost bust in the place of intended use possible ghost bust from guards patrolling nearby the Shed. To minimize possibility of ghost bust I have decided to put crate on top of 3rd ladder going down.

UNDERGROUND - EAST TOWER

Another huge location. Unfortunately with some forced ghost busts. First douse torch on the left to get a hideout. First sneak to East Tower. There is gem. Go to 2nd floor and grab another gem. Go to side room with lever. There is window with haunt below. The intended solution is to block 1st gate with crate, but after entering behind 2nd gate crate gets destroyed no matter where it is. So I can't use it.

There is other way. Mantle diagonally on window, so you will be allowed to crouch. Drop on haunt, so you will not get hurt. There is also much harder way to try to mantle on torch below. This way you will quietly drop on floor. Pass haunt and go along right wall to Second Scroll. Out of 5. You need all of them to beat Labyrinth. 1st gate will open.

Time to climb to 3rd floor this time. Jump for gem. Side passage leads to Labyrinth, so ignore it. You aren't ready. Climb to 4th floor and jump for gem. Then rope up to wooden beams and go into beam passage. There is box with loot here. Other end of this passage leads to South Tower.

UNDERGROUND - SOUTH TOWER

Rope up to 1st beam, from it drop on torch and drop on floor. You are on 4th floor of South Tower. You can open gate to East Tower, but it spawns haunt, so don't do that. Grab 2 gems near statue and rope up to last beam. There is Fourth Scroll. Travel back to 1st beam, drop on torch and on floor. Descend to 3rd floor and grab another 2 gems. Side passage leads to place with very noisy ghost bust, so I don't want to mess with this place just yet.

Descend to 2nd floor.and grab 2 gems. Then go south through haunt corridor. Rope down, use 2 levers and grab loot from box. Shoot rope arrow into 2nd beam, so later you will rope up to 2nd beam. Leave both rope arrows and return to South Tower. Go east to open shortcut to 1st floor and from there grab 2 gems. Return to shadow near obelisk.

UNDERGROUND - EAST WATER PASSAGE

You need to shoot your last rope arrow into wooden beam close to First Scroll under obelisk. Grab it and slowly descend into water. You must strafe swim through water passage at east to air pocket indicated by your rope arrow. Climb on rope to get secret moneybox. Fall into water. Don't save while in rope. After loading I got stuck and Garrett refused to drop into water. Strafe swim for Fifth Scroll. Return to air pocket and strafe swim to obelisk. Mantle into shadow.

Leave rope arrow here. It will be there for a very long time and you will retrieve it after getting Blade. In other words at the end of this mission. For now return to haunt corridor and collect your 2 rope arrows. Don't close air pockets, they will be useful later, much later. Now it's time to go to 3rd floor of South Tower. It's time to get this last scroll and score our 1st ghost bust.

THIRD SCROLL

Here is haunt patrolling around brazier. Use Bellows on it, gate will raise. Go into corridor. See red light on floor? It's mines. You can't disarm it, you can't jump over either. The only way is jump in front of them to lure haunt on the other side to step on them and make explosion. That's the intended solution and there is no other way. There is no way to alert other 1st haunt to enter on mines. So it's impossible to lure them both.

Jump in place and lure other haunt here. Step back and wait for explosion. Quickly take body to corridor, which this haunt patrolled before death. So this whole event with mines is ghost bust #1. Wait for 1st haunt to calm down and grab Third Scroll. Also read scroll near fountain for new objective. Return to brazier. Go behind haunt, but not too close, because after explosion he's more sensitive. Leave and quickly go on the other side of tower along left side, crouch. When haunt pass go to ladders and go to 3rd floor of East Tower to entrance to Labyrinth.

LABYRINTH

Ride up and look through hole. Gate to Labyrinth will open and haunt will get spawn. Douse both torches. Drop on torch near gate and enter. Go left, straight, straight, right. That's the route for both ways. You are in Samoth's Lair. Read book, then grab Hans key. Super haunt will spawn and torches will lighten (if you doused any). There is no way to avoid him, he's immune to flash bombs and fast. So go through Labyrinth quickly and jump to elevator going up. 2nd haunt will alert too. So let's call this whole escape from Samoth's Lair one big ghost bust #2. Why every worst thing must happen on 3rd floors?

Wait for both haunts to calm down. Super haunt will return to Samoth's Lair. After few minutes descend and go back to Labyrinth. Warps vanished, so you can explore it and grab 2 loot boxes. Time to leave and go to 2nd floor of South Tower to locked door.

HANS HIDEOUT

Go down. Here is haunt on short patrol going in and out small room.You can pass him on his right in both directions. There is Eye of Wrath on desk, use banner and press switch. You probably have time for only doing one stuff at the time, so you will need 3 round to do everything. Go upstairs to secret passage. Grab Hans Safe key and Hans Secret Diary. Time to leave this place for now and return to Mansion.

RETURN TO MANSION

Again sneak to starting point and rope up to 2nd floor window. Behind wardrobe is lock. From secret stash grab Teleport Control and Teleport Receiver. Receiver you throw somewhere, then you use Teleport Control to teleport there. So teleport yourself outside. Open window near entrance to basement and teleport inside. There is 30 plates and ring behind south coach. Teleport outside. Time to return to Underground.

FUN STUFF WITH TELEPORT DEVICE

Put Receiver on ground and go into water. Go back to 5th scroll, new passage is open, so strafe swim to secret moneybox. Teleport back. Grab Receiver and go into water. Under obelisk on north side is hole. Throw Receiver there, wait few seconds, then teleport to secret place. Grab Receiver and huge purse, also take 2 gems. Then go upstairs and drop healing potion and on top of it Receiver into hole to teleport out of this place.

Leave Receiver on ground and go into water. Go west this time to 1st exit out of water. Go on the left side of haunt. When he will turn around, go closer to Fountain and use Flask of Water. Teleport back and go to fountain near Third Scroll. Use Magic Water on fountain to get Plant of Life.

Go up and rope into beam passage. Behind box is hole, teleport there and grab 4 secret boxes. Go to entrance to Labyrinth and go up where you were looking into statue. Statue gone, so teleport there for secret box. Descend and return to obelisk.

WARLOCK LAIR

Shoot rope arrow into wooden beam visible in hole above double door. Then go into west water passage. This time swim to the end and climb ladder up. 4 wraiths will spot you (ghost bust #3). Run and climb rope, use Eye of Wrath to freeze wraiths. On SE beam is secret gem. Now go forward and throw Receiver into hole.

From now on I received a lot of crashes up until the end of mission. First crash was after teleporting not into Warlock Lair, but into some broken wall. From there I received a lot of crashes from loading saves. Sometimes they work, but most of the time they crash this game. It never happened to me during my test run when I KO-ed and killed everyone. I guess there is just so many enemies that game starting to break. So yeah, it's not a good mission for ghosters.

Teleport on top of north column and read book. Warlock will spot you. Drop down and when Warlock will come closer, teleport back to the book. Throw Receiver closer to SE column on the left and teleport there, grab Receiver and throw it on top of SE column. Teleport there and throw a switch.

Builder will come to destroy Warlock. Later will teleport super haunt and other 4 monsters. But killing Warlock will also destroy them. Also stay as far as possible away from fighting giants. Once I managed to get hit by them while being on column. Super haunt and 4 monsters may spot you or just one of them. Or no one. It's also possible for them to not attack Builder at all if both giants are fighting in corner of room. It happened to me once, but I needed to reload, because I got hit. I could experiment with this, but crashes are annoying. So all even with Warlock is ghost bust #4.

EXIT

Go forward and grab Blade. Time to retrieve rope arrows. You do that by putting Receiver in safe place on floor, climbing on rope, taking it and quickly teleporting. Leave Underground to Shed. Now you need to get to Front Gate near fountain. Of course patrollers are still crazy sensitive, so wait for them to vanish, then run to gate. I had luck and did it on my first try. That's good, because I loaded my save and it crashed the game.

STATS:

Time: 2 hours 2 min 5 s; Loot: 17700/19872
    Pockets Picked: 5/12; Locks Picked: 8
    Secrets: 7/7

MECH ANGELO

Pretty easy mission. Start is tricky though. Hammerite goes to well, then return to entrance to Cathedral and stops at observing it. To avoid nudge you need to be fast. Strafe run to well and steal Crypt key. Then mantle on wall and drop to Treebeast Garden. Here is nugget. Instead going intended way through gate, you can mantle on wall you came in and run into Cathedral.

In Pagan Temple I'm grabbing water arrows from fountains. In Pagan Village you need to grab slow fall potion to return to Pagan Temple. Before fall you need to have 4 talismans and key for exit. After getting Scepter I dropped right and and doused torch near exit. In room with haunts I doused 2 braziers.

I skipped secret loot in Dining Room (345 loot), because it's in passage behind banner.

In Cave there is a way to get Axe without spawning skeleton. You do that by going along right wall. Little spider from tunnel can be passed from left. In Cage Area I doused 4 torches. I had problems with sneaking down on metal ramp with body. I was forced to creep.

STATS:

Time: 33 min 32 s; Loot: 1817/2162
    Pockets Picked: 4/6; Locks Picked: 3
    Secrets: 2/3

GHOST: CHEMICAL SUCCESS. I used slow fall potion to leave Pagan Village. Ghost is probably possible if you rescue M. Angelo before obtaining code to his prison. But I decided to not do that. If you bring his body with you to Pagan Village it's possible to use body as a cushion. Though I tried this technique in Cage Area and my every attempt ended with heavy injuries. So maybe it was fixed in this mission or I just tried badly.

PERFECT GHOST: IMPOSSIBLE. I was forced to skip 345 loot hidden in passage behind banner.

SUPREME GHOST: IMPOSSIBLE. Other than slow fall potion you are also forced to douse some torches. Also there is no way to return Crypt key and Reverend's Office key.

DOWN WE GO!

Another easy mission. Rope up to wooden building and jump on wall, then drop to area. Then you need to shoot rope arrow into wooden beam above pit. Unfortunately I was unable to drop on rope without scoring 1st alert (supreme bust #1). All enemies have crazy range of view, there are 2 groups of 3 guards patrolling whole area far away each other and there are 3 guards on completely random patrol route. It feels nearly impossible to supreme ghost this area.

Grab rope arrow and rope down. You can't grab rope arrow without scoring damage and you will not be able to grab it later, because mission ends too early. So that's a supreme bust #2. Go very slowly to ghost merchant and grab Serpentile Torc. Return the same way. When you return to cave with rope arrow, mission will end, so be quick with closing door.

STATS:

Time: 9 min 12 s; Loot: 350/985
    Locks Picked: 0

PERFECT GHOST: IMPOSSIBLE. Rest of loot is in heavily guarded building. Impossible to ghost.
    SUPREME GHOST: FAILED

FALL OF A CHOOK

Mission made by Fred Chook. Why FM creators make missions that force Garrett to rob them? I don't know. And it's not the first time. Level design is weird. It looks a little like JIS crazy missions. Impossible to ghost. Enemies can get stuck on objects. Mage patrolling 2nd floor got stuck on SW ladder, one of prison guards got stuck on Sewers Exit Control Panel (I believe he was wounded by prisoners through bars, so he ignored me when I used this exit), other prison guard got stuck on bars of one of cells.

Speaking of guard patrolling cells, he always get 2nd alerted by prisoners and they also get alerted. And sound - we hear what's happening in other rooms and other floor. They sometimes can also hear it, but most of the time they don't. The hardest part in my test run was finding Compact Disc, which is camuflated as junk plate in Dining Room. Speaking about loot I was unable to grab plate in sink in Kitchen and money from SW room. Guard from Torture Room must be nudged on marble right towards last skeleton. On skeletons you will find most of the loot.

Ghost bust #1. Sewer key is in swimming pool with 4 frogs and enemies on high balconies. Frogs will spot you, but they can't move while underwater, other monsters will go into search mode. Problem is how to get key without killing frogs and without getting hurt. Descend on left side of ladder, wait for frog on the right to hop and quickly descend for key and climb ladder. Frog can't explode while in air. Quietly drop on marble.

Ghost bust #2. When you enter north room, gas frog will always get into search mode and later even in hunt mode. It's possible to get spotted by guard patrolling this room though. You must grab blue chest through painting. To do that go left to shadow behind column, wait for guard to go away and run for chest, then return to shadow and leave. Unfortunately frog will slowly go after you.

Opening Sewer hatch normally 2nd alerts guards, but this time I avoided. Below are craymen alerted by people. I don't think they alert to me. That's also the exit. Also don't open cells, it trigger alarm and alerts everyone.

STATS:

Time: 22 min 9 s; Loot: 3115/3201

HERO QUEST

Choose to play Elf, because he has access to water arrows. First pair of orcs can be ghosted by dousing torch. The same you can go with third orc guarding locked door and pass him very slowly. To get a key I'm forced to KO one of orcs (ghost bust #1). You can close door and KO him through it. Orc patrolling key can be ghosted by passing him on the end of his patrol route.

After opening 2nd locked door you will get parade of ghost bust. First I doused torch in corridor. Second - kill haunt (ghost bust #2). He's in the way in a very narrow corridor. Impossible to ghost. Afterwards there will be no shadow to hide and orcs looking at you. First - 2 orcs to KO (ghost bust #3), next orc mage (ghost bust #4). Then single orc (ghost bust #5) and last room has another orc (ghost bust #6). Then go to exit.

STATS:

Time: 14 min 9 s; Loot: 625/640
    Back Stabs: 0; Knock Outs: 6
    Damage Dealt: 21; Damage Taken: 0; Healing Taken: 0
    Innocents killed: 0; Others killed: 1

THE PRODIGAL CORPSE

Pretty easy ghost mission with many first alerts. You need to be careful of stairs especially when you carry Alfonso's Corpse. Speaking about his dead body. The objective is to put him into bathtub, but corpse can drown. This fails no kill objective. So after you put body you need to retrieve it and put on floor. On 3rd floor you can make shortcut to other stairs by mantling into window into wall separating these stairs. After getting blueprints you can jump down and mantle on tree below. I even managed to drop on tree without getting damage. That's the second time it happened to me.

STATS:

Time: 28 min 24 s; Loot: 1979/1979
    Pockets Picked: 1/3; Locks Picked: 1

SUPREME GHOST: POSSIBLE

ORDER OF THE DEW

STREET

Mission is short, but quite tricky. From the start you must hide in shadow in doorway. Then rope up to pipe above your head for loot. Drop, on the right is terrace above your head, rope up there. There is another high pipe with loot, but you need to be fast and time your climb with patroller. Next is house, outside is patrolled by 2 guards and you need to rope up to it's attic. There is loot including ring behind bed and 2 keys.

Go outside. Ignore Bar door and go through gate. Above Church is another high pipe with window leading to room with 3 coin stacks and purse on shelf. Then fall on stone slope of Church. Enter Church.

CHURCH

Loot is near entrance, on the right side and on altar. You can go along right wall without dousing torches, but you need to be fast. Stationary Hammerite is looking at you. On the back of altar is switch leading to golden skull and ring on bone hand. Go upstairs for candlestick near vent. Enter Bar.

BAR

Sneak into shadow in corner and picklock the door for loot. Go to stairs. When guard will go away, go to merchant and steal his goblets. Go downstairs. Douse 3 torches. Grab goblet from left table, mantle on table and grab candlestick. Then go over counter for 3 golden bottles. Go to right table, grab golden bottle and candlestick from fireplace.

Go to kitchen. There is golden bottle on shelf, 4 water arrows and goblet and plate in sink. I had problem with plate from sink. To avoid using water arrow I nudged kitchen lady right near door. Use white door to get downstairs.

SECRET SOCIETY

Go behind guard into shadow. Douse chandelier (shoot into ceiling to be sure you douse all candles), both torches around entrance, 1 torch on the left and both torches on the right. Sneak left and picklock locked door. Inside is key and loot. In 2nd room is more loot. Then go right to mage room.

Go through vent or dousing the torch may easily 2nd alert them. So just douse fireplace and slowly sneak on table. Grab everything. Be careful to not stand on plate - dropping from it will make noise and 2nd alert mages. Leave and open treasury room. Inside is Magic Scepter and 3 pieces of loot. Leave through Bar front door and return to starting point.

STATS:

Time: 26 min 56 s; Loot: 2881/3005
    Locks Picked: 5

PERFECT GHOST: POSSIBLE
    SUPREME GHOST: IMPOSSIBLE. Locked room with Treasury key is guarded by patroller on short patrol in very well lighten corridor and also there is noble looking in direction of door. No way to ghost it without dousing some torches.

THE KILLING OF TIMER

Mission impossible to ghost and for me impossible to beat even on easiest difficulty. First room is impossible to ghost (ghost bust #1). Just lean for scroll and hide behind column, then go behind searching guard and kill him. 3 next rooms can be skipped by mantling over double door. I'm skipping vase (the only loot in this mission), because it triggers 2 thieves. Next room is forced killing 3 mages (ghost bust #2).

Next challenge can be skipped by mantling on statue and then on wall and crossing past bridge and gate. Skip next room by mantling on gate and fall into water. Here you will be forced to kill 4 haunts (ghost bust #3). Use flash bombs. Then you will be forced to kill 4 ghosts (ghost bust #4), which spawn 3 fire shadows (ghost bust #5). Grab holy water arrows from chest to kill them. It's also good to use speed potions to easily run from them.

Next challenge is to kill 2 guards, Hammerite and thief at once (ghost bust #6). And to be honest that's my limit. I can't beat all 4 of them. And there is probably many more crazy rooms to beat.

THE KILLING TIME

Demo of never finished mission. It can't be finished. I couldn't find any loot too. You must kill 12 enemies to progress demo, but there is no objectives that could excuse that. So that's ghost bust #1-12. First 2 guards can easily be killed without any alert. The same goes with green spider. But small spiders can't be ghosted (ghost bust #13). Luckily you don't need to kill them.

From that point every kill is necessary and impossible to ghost. So small spider with burrick is ghost bust #14. Then single guard (ghost bust #15), another single guard (ghost bust #16). In next room are 2 guards, but they are far away from each other, so that's ghost bust #17-18. Another guard in corridor (ghost bust #19). Then 2 guards at once (ghost bust #20).

Next room is kitchen with 3 guards and servant, but it doesn't open any door. That's the end of demo, so you can leave them alone. I don't show my stats, because my killing abilities are quite weak. I received a lot of damage. Mission can't be ghosted.

OF THIEVES AND RUBIES

MISSION 1 - NIGHTLY VISIT

Short city+mansion mission. Overall it's pretty easy to ghost. Remember you can hide behind opened door. I also abused fact that stealing key from front door guard makes him stay in front of locked door forever. This way I don't need to deal with him while going on 2nd floor. After getting Ruby you can go to the end and drop down to the front door.

STATS:

Time: 23 min 12 s; Loot: 2344/2344
    Pockets Picked: 2/3; Locks Picked: 9
    Secrets: 4/4

PERFECT SUPREME: NOT POSSIBLE. Opening door to kitchen in Lord Dunkin Manor will 1st alert kitchen lady, so you will be forced to skip golden bottle and 2 goblets (80 loot).

MISSION 2 - RUNNING AN ERRAND

This time I decided to supreme ghosted this mission. There are 2 troublesome places, both optional. First is Butchery basement. It's possible to grab all coin stacks from table. On my test run I guy near wall was more to the back, so I could get all coin stacks except one from this side. In my ghost run he was closer to the table, so I could get into dark corner and get all the loot.

But first you need to get there. Walking forward is too slow and you must walk against wall. Running forward is out of question. Walking backwards is slightly faster than walking forward and still you to move against wall. Go into dark corner and be careful. Sometimes guy can correct his position by turning and turning back towards table. In that moment he can spot you. Also walking backwards you need to time with woman. Then you need go behind guy and walk backwards against wall back into shadow near vent.

That's not all. When woman go away, open vent. If you can't enter vent, turn to the side and walk against wall, you will enter vent. If woman is too close when you open vent, other player will 1st alert. From vent you can grab 2 coin stacks and 3 coins. Also you can grab woman's purse. And that's all. Opening 2nd vent will always result in 1st alert from patrolling woman. So rest of loot isn't accessible for supreme.

Second place is secret gem east from thief. Go slowly along south wall, mantle on light stick and drop down. Use lever and very slowly go towards it and then near secret. Quickly lean to the side and grab gem. Then very slowly backtrack to light stick. Mantle on it, drop on street. You will make noise, but thief is too far to hear it. Slowly go along south wall into shadow.

STATS:

Time: 18 min 6 s; Loot: 1576/1700
    Pockets Picked: 5/7; Locks Picked: 5
    Secrets: 3/3

SUPREME GHOST: SUCCESS
    PERFECT SUPREME: IMPOSSIBLE. Opening exit from vent in Butchery basement always first alert woman. So you must skip 4 coin stacks and bag of spices (88 loot).

MISSION 3 - THE ASYLUM

Asylum is tricky place to ghost, but not that hard. Crazy people doesn't alert to you, only guards and doctors. There are 2 places where I'm dousing torches. 2 torches in the entrance room, so I could easily sneak to Security at 1st floor. Third torch is in Office. This way I can picklock purple box near doctor. There are 2 long picklocks: purple box in Office and basement door.

IS PERFECT SUPREME POSSIBLE?

It's hard to tell. I played late at night and I needed to finish ghost run quickly, so I wasn't really focusing on 1st alerts. Supreme ghost is definitely possible. As for perfect supreme there is few situations that are especially hard. First of all I'm not sure if guard near Garden door and guard inside Security room on 2nd floor don't alert after opening door.

Second - getting to Security room means sneaking through well lighten entrance room under window with guard that randomly turns between 2 windows, you also need to worry for guard walking between 2 Staff Bedrooms on both sides and archer walking between Toilet and visiting outside. And that's not all, you also need to worry for 2 guards patrolling south corridor. Though I believe this danger can be avoided by trying to enter through front entrance, but then you will need to time 3 guards blindly.

Third - long picklocking of Basement door. In room inside is fast zombie that can hear picklocking and I believe there is very small window of time. I don't know if it's possible to avoid 1st alert from opening and closing this door.

Fourth - purple box in Office. Doctor walks from one bookcase to another. He doesn't hear picklocking, but when he start walk, he can spot you. Also there is guard patrolling corridor and I'm not sure if he can see you through door and door mute all the sound from corridor. So I think it would be better to open door. Picklock purple box only when doctor is near further bookcase. After few seconds of picklocking hide in shadow in corner between bookcases.

STATS:

Time: 15 min 55 s; Loot: 1695/1695
    Pockets Picked: 4/6; Locks Picked: 6
    Secrets: 1/1

PERFECT SUPREME: POSSIBLE?

MISSION 4 - OF MAGES AND RUBIES

This is the hardest mission. Sneaking into mage complex is difficult. You must mantle on wooden fence and quietly drop where guard patrolls. Shadow opposite to broken bench is safe. During long picklocking door you must be careful of all 3 guards. When going inside you need to worry about these 3 guards, 2 guards inside and servant. It's very difficult. Move to door on the right. On 2nd floor of tower you will be safe.

Loot tower, then go to next door to Library visited by patroller, 2nd floor patrolled by archer. Go to the end and descend on stairs back to 1st floor. Go to Shrine for key under bench. Then go upstairs.

2nd floor is easier, though it's not very safe near stairs. Guard from Library will descend on stairs, servant will go upstairs to last room, guard patrolling 2nd floor go visits ruby, don't go to stairs, but enter 1st out of 3 rooms. So you are only safe in further 2nd room. But you are also safe in shadow in further corridor.

Portal sends you to Apebeasts Area, but only 1st Apebeast is tricky. You need to drop on lowest ledge and quickly run behind Apebeast and go left into shadow. Then you will visit Sewers. Steal mage's key, go behind him to ruby. You will return to mage complex. Visit his office and grab rest loot, then return to starting point. I do it though Library. Oh, this mission will be very difficult to supreme.

STATS:

Time: 15 min 44 s; Loot: 1933/1933
    Pockets Picked: 3/5; Locks Picked: 2
    Secrets: 0/0

PERFECT SUPREME: POSSIBLE

PLOT

3 mission campaign. All missions are blocky, which means they are very square, big and well lighten. Missions use eternal darkness and are well patrolled. Unfortunately author loves to force player to sneak through rooms with loud floor patrolled by few guards and gives barely any water arrows. And also there are few areas with really annoying blinking light that hurts my eyes. It's really annoying level design. I'm not looking forward to it.

MISSION 1 - THE JEWELLED SWORD

First of all I'm starting this mission with 2000 loot. So to complete loot objective I need to collect just 500 loot instead of 2500 loot.

STREET

First use gate behind you. There is archer patrolling this place and 2 guards crossing bridge. One of them has a purse (this one that patrols left side). Return to starting point. There are 3 patrollers here and 4th guard visits this place. Run as quickly as possible along left wall to shadow on the other side of fountain. Here is 2 patrollers you want to steal grey key and purse.

Next street go left. Steal purses from 2 archers and hide in shadow. On the right is front entrance to mansion. There you can steal white key, but there is easier patroller to pickpocket later. You have another choice. Go left behind guard and pass him from left.

You need to mantle over wall. Here is something that I call UFO with 5 loot pieces to grab. There are 2 servants in corners, so walk while in shadow and lean for loot. Then return and go the other way. Left door is locked and you don't have a key. Right door needs picklocking. Go behind guard and pass him from left. Picklock door.

Now you need to enter, but be careful about patroller. Block his vision by hiding behind column, then go into safe shadow. Quickly grab both arrows and candlestick. Then you need to return into shadow, so you need to go to door when Hammerite is walking near stationary Hammerite. You also need luck with patrolling guard and archer. Go to the fountain and dive.

MANSION - BASEMENT

Mantle over wall, grab diamond and gem, wait for archer and grab his white key. You have access to basement and 1st floor and thanks to grey key also to 2nd floor.Open 2 chests in both dark rooms for 10 moss arrows and more loot. Go right for golden bottle behind boulder. Go the other way and steal another white key from patrolling archer. From now on this archer is gonna stop in front of every locked door. Open door, save and load game to make him move.

MANSION - THIRD FLOOR

You are on top floor now. Get into storage to grab moss arrow and loot from 1st and last chest. Then open next door for archer. You are at the entrance to third floor. Go behind new archer with purse and open north door to grab loot from purple box. Ignore west path for now and open next door for archer. You will go to 2nd floor.

MANSION - SECOND FLOOR

You are at the SE part of this floor. Your target is to get to shadow in NE. But first wait for archer that you were guiding to return and lock door leading upstairs, so he will not manage to surprise you. Now you need to time 3 patrollers, go behind archer and strafe jump to next carpet. Patroller has a purse. Hide in shadow and sneak to NE door hiding in darkness.

There is loud ramp, go along right wall and mantle. Now is time for ghost bust. Burrick is looking at you, shoot gas arrow into wall behind him to put him to sleep (ghost bust #1). This will also 2nd alert Bugbeast from left cave.

CAVE JUMPS

So now is the most annoying part of mission. You need to get to side caves over pit with water. But there are few problems. First - burrick's body is solid, so you have less space to do jumps. Second - 3 ladders close to each other that catch you and it's not like in Thief 2 where you can go around ladders. Oh no. So you will be forced to jump from them into caves. Super annoying.

Let's get done with the hardest stuff - right cave. You need to lean left and shoot rope arrow into right side of wall under right cave. Then jump to middle ladder and from there jump to rope, then mantle inside. Easier said than done. Blinking light. In wall is diamond. Go behind crayman, hide in corner. When he pass you grab tiara and loot from 2nd chest. You are safe behind pile of dirt.

Return to sleeping burrick, jump on ladder and jump to other cave. More blinking light. Bugbeast is in corner, so go on left side. Grab golden bottle and grab another grey key from locked chest. Go to burrick pit and jump to it. Try to not grab any ladder. Return to 2nd floor.

WEST SIDE OF SECOND FLOOR

On the right is door leading to 1st floor. Ignore it for now and go to shadow in NW part of this floor. Inside is patroller going around room, so I used 2 moss arrows to get to table, grab gem and purple box and return to shadow, then take purse from patroller. Go to south shadow. Again you need to time 3 patrollers. Patroller near SW door has binoculars. Go behind him and shoot moss arrow on loud floor in front of door. Pass him and open door.

Next part is easy. 2 archers with purses on carpet and 3 rooms to open. Left room has 9 coin stacks, middle room - gem + loot from left table and very important scroll on right table. Right room has 2 nuggets and chest on rock. Return to door leading to 1st floor.

FIRST FLOOR + OTHER SIDE OF BASEMENT

So this time you need to pass stationary guard for a change. This hall is patrolled by 2 guards on a really long patrol route. Next is side door leading to another entrance on the other side of bridge from start of this mission. Open gate and wait for 2 patrollers to go away and stationary guard to be turned away. Then lean and grab his ring. Go back to corridor. Go to red column and descend to basement.

Blinking light to the max. Go behind archer and when will be crossroad, don't go behind him. Next room is patrolled by 1 guard. He has golden bottle. On table is goblet and purple box with orange key to Hammerite House with some loot. If you complete all objectives, going on street will end this mission. But to be honest I don't like this mission and I don't like the idea of doing big detour for few pieces of loot. Sorry.

Return to 1st floor and enter side door of next corridor. It leads to front entrance. Douse torch, leave door open, so you will see where is exit. Use few moss arrows on loud floor up to red column. One of the patrollers here has a purse. Steal it. Afterwards you will be forced to return all the way to 3rd floor. Time to explore it's west side. On 2nd floor in front of SE door I used moss arrow to pass archer.

WEST SIDE OF THIRD FLOOR

2 guards to dodge. They are harder, because 2nd guard must be timed blindly, then you need to picklock door and prey that patroller on the other side is just passing you. Go behind him and prey for another patroller walking around red column wasn't in your way. The last patroller has purse. Go behind him to open left room with secret cash with lots of loot.

Middle room has plate, vase and candlestick. On the other side of wide window is burrick guarding Jewelled Sword. When he turns away, mantle on window, grab it and return to previous room. Open storage with key from cave. Grab all loot from there. All objectives completed. Right room has a purse. Now it's time to return all the way to the fountain and the street. By skipping Hammerite House I skipped 150 loot.

STATS:

Time: 1 hour 16 min 35 s; Loot: 5418/5822
    Pockets Picked: 21/38; Locks Picked: 20

Wait, does shooting gas arrow into enemy doesn't count as damage and knockout? Weird.

PLOT

MISSION 2 - TO THE MEETING

Mission 2 is better. Still has some annoyances: super long corridors, mazes, well lighted places and lots of loud floor. We start with no money too, so this time I will need to get 2000 loot. Mission has very interesting feature - sleeping people actually don't sleep, they are stationary guards and they can spot you no matter how quietly you sneak. So some rooms will not be accessible.

STREET

Go a bit forward You are safe at the middle of street. Go east. Avoid 2 archers and hide in shadow. There is archer on south and north street. Both have purses. You can hide in shadow on ramp. Then return to starting point and go west. Avoid guard and go left to room with 2 archers with purses, 3rd chest has 3 flash bombs, 2 moss arrows, candlestick and golden bottle. Go into door on the other side.

BASEMENT

Go behind guard with white key, then go behind guard with purse going around well. Ignore well and left room. Middle room has trap near entrance, so jump over, grab 2 nuggets and jump back. Right is corridor leading to mansion. Avoid 2 guards. Hear are 3 passages: to 1st floor, to Garden and to 3 guards room. Go to guards room.

Impossible to ghost, because sleeping guard will spot us and alert his comrades (ghost bust #1). But you must enter for one of 3 keys in this room. So I just ran to guard, steal his key and run under door to Garden. Guards go into search mode, but they were too slow to turn around, so they didn't see me. Sleeping guard can't leave bed. Go to Garden. Guard with purse visits this entrance. Then go to door leading to 1st floor.

FIRST FLOOR

Go into corridor with few rooms patrolled by 1 guard and open next right door. 2 nobles are sleeping. You are safe in front of bed and from there grab vase, purple box and plate. Hide in doorway. Then go behind guard, pass him from left and enter last right door. On table are 5 moss arrows. Open secret passage in fireplace and lean for golden hammer and key. Next open opposite door and grab goblet. Return all the way to Garden.

Garden is empty and only has 2 patrollers in first part. Go west. Before using door go north. One of talking guards have golden bottle. Return to door leading to stairs. Go upstairs. Open secret door in bookcase, jump through window. Grab loot from left table and very important scroll. Return to stairs and go downstairs. In Library is 2 water arrows and tiara. Next door leads to real part of 1st floor.

Wait for guard to go left and go right. Run behind guard with coin stack and pass him from left. Go to next corridor and hide in shadow in side passage. You loot it this place from other side. Next is front entrance. It's patrolled by 2 guards with purses. Then go behind counter, grab woman's purse and open safe. Crouch and lean forward while behind her to grab 3 coin stacks and money from purple box. Continue south. You do that by waiting for guard to go outside. Then pass another guard to get to stairs to 2nd floor.

Go right to higher floor, open door and wait for patroller. He has a purse. And that's all for looting 2nd floor. Return downstairs and steal key from patroller. Use NW door and pass another guard in narrow corridor. Doors are opened by new key. You need to go west, but first enter north door and let guard to pass.

Here is 5 rooms, but you can ignore them. 2nd and 3rd are safe. 4th has loot, but it's impossible to ghost. Go to next corridor with 3 rooms. First has 2 guards, but they are turned away. Grab plate from left table and everything from right table. Second is Kitchen. Grab vase from table, go to pair of servants and grab their purses and golden bottle and goblet right in front of them. Third door has 2 guards and 2 tables of loot in front of them.

Go to next corridor and run all the way south to door leading 1st corridor in this section. When guard will walk left, return to stairs. Guard from narrow corridor is tricky. Wait at the other end of carpet for him and quickly sneak behind him and pass him from right. You will return to stairs to 2nd floor. Use SW door to go upstairs and get blown by the most amazing looking stairs I ever saw in my entire life. But instead going that way go upstairs to guard you loot it.

SECOND FLOOR

No loot. You need to go NW. Problem is NW corridor is that long that guard on the other side will move only if you are in corridor. So you will also need to time patroller you robbed. When he will go closer, go behind him and pass him. The same do with next patroller. Last door leads to Maze.

Maze is big and empty. No enemies either. Nearby door leads to 3rd floor, but this entrance is guarded by 2 guards. Impossible to ghost. Instead go through maze to 2nd entrance (secret door in wall, pretty easy to notice) at NW. Stairs will lead you to 3rd floor.

THIRD FLOOR

Definitely the best floor in the whole mansion. First you need to jump from one pressure plate to another over void. All pressure plates activate magic bolts that shoot from ceiling. Also be careful with jump acceleration, you don't want it here. Go south, grab goblet, jump on table and then go up.

Now it's getting interesting. You have only 2 rope arrows and I don't want to left any. You are high, shoot rope arrow closer to table on ceiling. Use it to descend. Stand under table and shoot 2nd rope arrow into it. Climb 1st rope, highlight it, then grab 1st rope while jumping to 2nd rope. Grab vase from table. Now you need to go as low as possible on rope to grab rope arrow, but while grabbing it you also need to descend. Thanks to this small descend you will not get hurt from fall. Rope up to next room.

You are high again. Shoot rope arrow right, but not too far. Descend. Shoot 2nd rope between table and chest. Grab loot from purple box and 3 rope arrows from chest. Shoot rope arrow between 2 ropes and another into table while standing under it. Jump from rope to rope to collect rope arrows stuck in ceiling. Then collect last while descending on rope.

Then there is return to normality. Guard at the end of super long corridor. He doesn't even go to the half of it. There is slight shadow on the right that is safe. You need to go left first. Inside is 2 patrollers, but they are easy to dodge. Door leads to balcony with guard with purse. Return and go to other door. It leads to 4th floor.

FOURTH FLOOR

Not too much to do. Prepare key from 3 guards room. In corridor is last archer, easy to dodge. Then use secret door. In last room grab goblet from left table and everything from right table. Finish mission by grabbing scroll. Luckily you don't need to return to the starting point.

STATS:

Time: 1 hour 1 min 34 s; Loot: 2558/3426
    Pockets Picked: 21/34; Locks Picked: 21

PLOT

MISSION 3 - THE KILL FOR LIFE

First of all, check if you play version 1.1 of the campaign. On 1.0 there is bizarre glitch of falling through floor, which prevents beating this mission. What's interesting non campaign version has no glitch like that. But it's the same like this one. With 2 exceptions. We have access to shop, but no money to buy anything. And max loot is 7057 while campaign version has only 4057 loot. But there is a catch - in non campaign version we are starting with 3000 loot, which means that ultimately there is the same number of loot in both versions.

There is no loot objective and thanks to that I don't need to explore this mission. And I'm not gonna explore it. Normally even if it's a bad mission, I try to challenge myself and get as much loot as possible. Here is different story, because not only the mission is bad and long, but it's also incredibly boring. I just don't want to stay in it. I know it's not a good attitude, but this mission broke me.

So in this mission I need to kill Walter. Unfortunately on Expert there is no blackjack and there is no gas arrow, so it will be really noisy death. And he can't be killed in one hit, which means this mission also can't be ghosted. It can be ghosted only on lower difficulties.

STREET

You are starting in the same place like in Mission 2, but this time there is guard walking in your direction, so quickly move right. Guard will first alert and destroy your chances for supreme ghost. Go all the way to shadow on the ramp. At the end of it is door you need to picklock. Inside are 2 guards quickly turning around. Your target is orange key from chest. Door for this key is on the other side of map and this mission is huge.

Again go to door leading to Mansion, but this time after entering building, go left. Then you will have another choise: left or right. I'm gonna ignore right path. It has 2 keys that are intended to collect, but I noticed that they are actually optional.

For Morgue key you need to blindly time 2 thieves walking randomly on not very long square on street. And in order to get to them you will need to pass archer on medium long street without any shadow. You need to be quick and return to pass previous patroller to get back to shadow. You can also try to go forward, but you will also need to have a lot of luck with next patroller who can also spot you when you grab the key. So it's very difficult to ghost situation. Probably possible, but I don't need to do that.

Later in Morgue are zombies in corridors without shadows. Last room though is guarded by 2 fast turning guards in well lighten room. Your target is Cemetery key from chest. Guards 2nd alert when you try to douse torch. I'm not saying it's impossible to ghost, but definitely it's very difficult and I don't need to do that.

That's why I'm going right. There is archer and I need to pass him and picklock door. But archer is on short patrol, so I will be forced to use 1 lockpick and run to archer to pass him and then pass him near door and use 2nd lockpick. After using 3rd lockpick, door will open. On the other side is archer on square street. You need to time him too.

Then go to Cemetery gate. It's locked and you don't have a key, but soon unfrobbable part of gate will get open by haunts. So hide in full shadow near the entrance to this street. First haunt will stay to patrol Cemetery gate. Other 2 will pass you. Then run to sneak through haunt and hide in shadow under wall. 5 other haunts will enter city.

CEMETERY

Unfortunately one stupid haunt refused to move from his starting point. Luckily I managed to very slowly sneak in front of him. Then just go to 2 fire shadows area and quickly turn to leftmost passage. There is long route to area with sleeping zombie on top of ramp, jump on top to not awake him. Then long path to big area with lying zombies, fire shadow and zombie walking around this area. Super easy to ghost. And lastly super long path single fire shadow and after him is gate opened by switch.

SHELTER

Street is big and empty. Basically just go north to big building with wall door. Inside is patrolling haunt. Go right. Next is 2 haunts in front of door opened by orange key. Douse 2 torches and enter Shelter. There are 2 floors and basement. 1st floor has a lot of haunts, fire shadows and ghosts. Possible to ghost some rooms. 2nd floor has haunts won loud floor. Also possible to ghost, but very difficult.

But you don't need to explore them. Walter is in basement and elevator to basement is in dark shadow at the entrance. Easy to miss. Basement has no enemies except Walter. There is some loot too. As for Walter, he's a mage with lots of health and like I said at the very beginning, he's impossible to kill in one hit. So I killed him with sword and he obviously attacked me (ghost bust #1). End of mission.

STATS:

Time: 21 min 58 s; Loot: 1061/4057
    Pockets Picked: 3/15; Locks Picked: 4
    Damage Dealt: 200; Damage Taken: 0; Healing Taken: 0
    Innocents killed: 0; Others killed: 1

SHORT SEWER

Short japanese mission. Impossible to supreme ghost, because you are forced to disable gas from pipe by using panel. By using panel again, gas doesn't reappear. You also are forced to douse 2 torches. And even then you will get bunch of 1st alerts.

STATS:

Time: 6 min 15 s; Loot: 124/124
    Pockets Picked: 1/1; Locks Picked: 0

THE UPWARD SPIRAL

Weird stuff: glasses that creates separate loot stack (worth 150 loot). If you complete loot objective getting glasses will uncheck loot objective. To complete it again grab another loot piece. It sums properly in end stats. Also I got new objectives message twice, but after checking objective screen there was no new objectives.

Pretty short and for most of the time easy to ghost mission. City is almost empty, so loot all houses, then enter north house. I'm not gonna mention my specific route, but instead tell what passages I use to get on higher floors. I enter mansion through front door, to get to 2nd floor I use north stairs, 3rd floor - NW stairs, 4th floor - SW stairs (all loot is in 2 places on south side), 5th floor - south elevator, roof - elevator on top of the only stairs going up (loot this floor first).

Grab book and wait in place. Hammerites will attack this place and kill mage and monsters. Wait few minutes for them to calm down, Hammerites patrol in the same places like monsters, but there is also few new stationary Hammerites, some of them are also fast. Ignore white key and grab tiny key near diary to exit room. Also from now on every few minutes book will talk with you. That's really annoying.

Backtrack all the way to 1st floor and go west to water passage. Use it to go to well. City is patrolled by Hammerites. Because there is day, there is very little of shadow. Also north part is flooded with them. From well I went south, then behind patroller and went left. Quickly I passed turning Hammerite and dropped on ground near cart. I strafe jumped over canal and went left into little shadow. I went all the way south, then west, entered south house and avoided stationary Hammerite. I went west around house all the way to starting point.

STATS:

Time: 42 min 7 s; Loot: 7186/7386
    Pockets Picked: 1/4; Locks Picked: 1

SUPREME GHOST: POSSIBLE? The biggest challenge is definitely city escape.
    PERFECT SUPREME: POSSIBLE?

THE VARYX OBELISK

Pretty fun mission that advertize ghosting. Annoying can only be long picklocking. Also few keys and important items are in randomized places. And Garrett can detect secret walls. Sometimes they slide when you are close, some other time you can go through them. Mission is divided into 4 areas. You are starting in Eldevir.

ELDEVIR

After conversation quickly move behind left guard. Otherwise you will not manage to sneak from starting point. On Expert there is no key for Store House, so you need to picklock door. Don't turn off light and quickly close door. Otherwise guard will enter room and turn on light. You don't need rope arrow to get to attic. You can stack 2 crates instead. Basement key is randomized. I found it in Control Room.

In Sub Basement (Queen Arachnia) spiders are patrolling and when they stop they can look like they are in search mode. Don't worry about that. Go through little tunnel, grab stone key, then mantle up. You have 2 roads. Under one path there is stationary spider. Douse torch near him. Then use other path, douse 2 torches visible from here. Drop into hole and use ladder to get out. Disable light mushroom and douse torch.

Enter room and go to shelf for Ward Room key. Stationary spider will enter room. Don't worry that's a scripted behavior. It always do that when you are near this shelf for the first time. Important - don't save/load while spider is walking. Wait for him to return to his spot. Otherwise he can stop in place and prevent your exit. Choose different path.

Cloud of flies explodes when you approach it. I consider it's a trap. It's possible to avoid damage by quickly going back when you hear explosion. Explosion doesn't alert any spider. Go to last room and hide in shadow under shelf. Open safe and grab Talisman of Air. And again - stationary spider will visit this room. That's a script. Don't save/load until he will return to his spot. Leave this place and use Talisman of Air in Ward Room. Then teleport to Daitilian.

DAITILIAN

In all areas you need to find stone key to return to portal hub, find Ward Room key and Talisman, then use it in Ward Room. Red book is randomized and I found it at the top of stairs. Then I picklocked gate and used lever to close it. Ignore 2nd lever and never use it. Fall in 1st hole, haunt has Ward Room key, nearby in niche is stone key. Near locked door is secret wall. Don't use lever inside. You can hide here when you picklocking door lock.

Hole is optional. It has Oubliette key and lever that opens exit hatch. Nearby is Ward Room, but that's for later. Closed gates has opened. Behind one of them is Talisman of Fire, behind other is long ladder leading to Oubliette. Near long ladder room at the bottom in next room is very well hidden goblet on floor in corner. Very easy to miss. Black Blade +2 is randomized and I found it in Oubliette.

After you use Talisman of Fire in Ward Room hide in shadow near hole and wait for Fire Shadow who will enter Ward Room. Then go to the place from he came. It leads back to portal. Go to Viowen this time.

VIOWEN

You start in basement of human mansion. This is also the easiest area. To get stone key in warehouse you don't need rope arrow. You can use 3 crates stack. You can mantle to attic from armchair in Dining Room without using rope arrow. Fly cloud can be tricky to pass. Weirdly enough I had no problem to do that on my test run on Hard difficulty. Also bugbeast is scripted to visit Ward Room if you go too deep, so turn off light to be safe. Afterwards go to last area - Anartillian.

ANARTILLIAN

The hardest area. First I go south. In room with fire elemental there is lever opening spider corridor with lever. Stone key is in secret wall nearby. Also grab yellow key from shelf. Use it to open gate near fire traps room. This trap doesn't alert anyone. Backtrack and go north. There is necklace under lever opening gate. Haunt below has Ward Room key. In south room don't use lever.

In east room is Water Talisman and lock on wall. Grabbing talisman results in fire traps. They will result in alerting haunt, so you need to disable trap. Open lock. Picklocking is very long, but you can use yellow key instead. Then go above haunt to new passage with lever disabling all traps (even from previous part of this area). Gently mantle out of loud floor and grab Water Talisman. Ward Room is near the start. Go to teleport hub and grab Treasure key from obelisk. Return to Eldevir.

FINISHING MISSION

Go to 1st locked door in Keeper's Compound. There are 2 paths: one leads to Treasure Room and other to nothing. Choose second path - there is fake wall leading to lever disabling fireball trap. If you don't disable it, opening Treasure Room will kill you. Return to Treasure Room and grab Mystic Soul and Mystic Heart.

STATS:

Time: 1 hour 2 min 27 s; Loot: 2152/2152
    Pockets Picked: 3/3; Locks Picked: 19

SUPREME GHOST: IMPOSSIBLE. 2 traps must be disabled. Also to get out from Air Ward Room key room you need to douse few torches. And it's impossible to avoid triggering flies explosion near this room.

THE VIGIL

Another short, but fun mission. Tiara on sarcophagus in small guards observatory near Chapel can be grabbed by leaning from shadow. In Cemetery you are forced to throw boulder, water arrow and fire arrow into certain tombstones to get items for Embalmery. Unfortunately shooting fire arrow will 2nd alert 3 guards nearby (ghost bust #1).

Getting to Ducal Tomb may be tricky. You can go there from Residence through tomb and run into shadow. Picklock gate and when guard will turn away and patroller is also not looking in your direction, quickly enter and hide in shadow. Later you will get locked in main tomb. There is ring on sarcophagus with diary. Then shoot water arrow into keeper statue. You don't need to shoot fire arrow, pit can be beaten by doing strafe jump over pit.

In Sewers go right and steal Hammerite's key, then go other way. Don't step on middle part of wooden bridge. Otherwise it will fall. You must visit pit for loot. I doused fire near Ratman. Then just rope up and mantle on the other side. Back to Sewers to open gate and go around to ladder, then simple time Hammerite to enter Factory.

Factory has fun gimmick with Hammerites turning off and on lights frequently. Still it's easy to dodge. Then just jump to another building, loot it, go down. I doused 5 torches here, then go to backdoor. Last obstacle is entering Watch behind turning guard and steal key for exit gate.

STATS:

Time: 26 min 59 s; Loot: 1375/1525
    Pockets Picked: 1/3; Locks Picked: 4

Awesome work again, Galaer! These reports are so valuable for the ghosting community. So great that we have the collective works of 20 years of ghosting all in one place, and that reports (mostly by you) are still coming. I have one being published in not too long.

In the Varyx Obelisk, im not sure if disabling the traps are busts. The rule talks about "security systems" but doesnt mention traps. We might need to have a talk in the discussion thread on clarifying that rule. I was always under the impression it only included alarm systems or watchers, not traps. I havent played that mission btw.

But traps are actually security systems. Well, traps activated by entering specific area, like for example fireball trap in Bonehoard, should be excused. But others shouldn't. Because they are protecting something. In Varyx Obelisk in first case getting Talisman of Water without disabling trap, trigger fireballs that 2nd alert nearby haunt. In 2nd case - using key to open Treasure Room results in activating deadly fireball trap. Impossible to survive without deactivating traps.

Also I would ask: if you don't feel that traps are security systems, then why you never disable gas floor trap on 3rd floor in Masks mission? That's also a trap, but you avoid doing that. It's simply because at the same time this trap is also security measure.

Oh, and since I made non report post, could you also get rid of City Conflict series in Unreported FMs list?
    Last edited by Galaer; 19th Apr 2020 at 15:36.

I just don't feel like traps is what the rule was originally meant for. The rule is flat out vague, in my opinion. I'll start a discussion over in the proper thread.

I honestly don't remember the gas trap in Masks. Perhaps if I didn't need to disable nor trip it , I rather avoided it altogether.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920 LastLast