TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4914151617181920 LastLast

Thread: FMs - Ghost/Perfect Thief Results (Part 8) [SPOILERS]

Yes, I count individual missions as separate ghost reports. A report would always cover one mission only. Escape from Planet of Robots was double-listed. Thank you for that information!

Galaer: Forgot to answer about Ruins of Originia. I'm not planning on finishing that campaign in the near future. I have enough irons in the fire at this time. Feel free to ghost it, Galaer. If you do, please ghost the first mission too! Id love to read your report on it. Not sure whether you watched my videos on that mission already, but it's a doozy.

Quote Originally Posted by klatremus View Post
    Galaer: Forgot to answer about Ruins of Originia. I'm not planning on finishing that campaign in the near future. I have enough irons in the fire at this time. Feel free to ghost it, Galaer. If you do, please ghost the first mission too! Id love to read your report on it. Not sure whether you watched my videos on that mission already, but it's a doozy.
    To be honest, when I'm gonna decide to ghost Ruins Originia, I'm gonna skip first mission. There is already very good supreme ghost run made by you and I know this mission is a nightmare. I don't have enough skills to do any close. I remember beating it long time ago, but in my latest run few years ago I got stuck after crystal cave where you need to shoot many rope arrows. Though it was T1 version, I think they are both the same.

Also a request. Could you ghost 2 T1 Anniversary missions: Lost Among Forsaken and Whistling of Gears. I don't like them, but I think you will love them. Both are city missions. 1st mission is very confusing for me, I remember getting lost in ruins a lot. And there are undead. 2nd machine has a lot of noisy pipes, machinery and very annoying gimmick with searching whole city for Talismans later in the mission. If I do a ghost reports, I will not give them enough justice.

Fair enough about Ruins of Originia. My plan is to play all the T1 and T2 contest missions, but it won't be for a while yet.

INVITATION TO CASTLE MORGOTH

Pretty good mission with eternal darkness. Can't be ghosted, because beginning. You must shoot fire arrow into ceiling planks to release boulder, which will destroy planks covering hole (ghost bust #1). For some reason zombie below don't hear it. You drop, go behind zombie and wait under wall for zombie to go right. Then you go left. For some reason zombie will 2nd alert to mage running away. And there is some reason he doesn't alert when he see him the first time.

Douse 2 torches and return for sword. It's time to destroy with sword upper barrel to progress (ghost bust #2). You can't push it away. Now just mantle over barrel while zombie and spawned haunt are away. The rest of the mission is easier.

On 2nd floor in 1st corridor there is very hard to spot ring on window. You will also get objective to destroy statue, so that's excused. You will see another statue getting destroyed on it's own. The same goes with haunt in Crypt. That's scripts. I'm skipping dousing skull, because it leads to Easter Egg, but in order to use skull you must destroy another barrel. In room with square lockpick door will get locked. You can prevent picklocking by frobbing door before getting closed.

To trigger lantern guy in Library Basement, hide in shadow. Otherwise he will freeze. To teleport back after collecting Teleport Coin, stand on pressure plate until magic field will appear, then leave it. You should get teleported. Or maybe you must wait long time.

To avoid zombie trap in Statue Room, climb on statues on left side. That's how you avoid activating this trap. Last mage is tricky. He turns in your way you want to pass him. To trick him - stand a bit on one side, when he will move to turn, move in other direction. Last wooden planks destruction can be avoided by jumping over wall from a brick.

STATS:

Time: 0:32:57; Loot: 4015/4015
    Pockets Picked: 1/1; Locks Picked: 1
    Back Stabs: 0; Knock Outs: 0
    Damage Dealt: 0; Damage Taken: 0; Healing Taken: 0
    Innocents killed: 0; Others killed: 0

GHOST: IMPOSSIBLE

THE JARLSON MANOR

Mission has been released in unfinished form. There is lack of textures, some places has no purpose, Some items float in air. Original version had several problems: like crashes, no way to load game and not working objectives. I'm playing 1.1 version fixed by Yandros.

Mission has quite interesting design. Basement is connected to 2nd floor. Also Lord is living in Basement and guests on 2nd floor. And guards patrolling 1st floor can watch what's happening in kitchen in the basement.

There are 3 difficulties with completely different objectives. All of them can be ghosted. Mission plays a bit different in all of them. That's why I'm gonna play all 3.

Edit: With new dml fix loot connected to objective (White Mask on Imposter difficulty and statuette on Thief difficulty) now work normally and can be collected anytime.

Edit 2: I heard that next dml fix will change location of Talismans. If it happens that at least one of them will be moved to Library or Offices behind it, then mission on Thief difficulty will be impossible to ghost.

IMPOSTER DIFFICULTY

Our objective is to get White Mask. The problem is if you collect any other loot in this mission, this objective will not get completed. That's why it's impossible to get all loot on this difficulty. I use vine to get to 2nd floor, then I use staircase to get to basement and go under stairs. I doused 2 gas torches in corridor. Patrollers must be away though. Then went into 2nd room. Collected White Mask above entrance, then other 4 masks before end of mission. By the way, this area is where other objectives for other difficulties are located.

STATS:

Time: 0:02:48; Loot: 250/1385
    Pockets Picked: 0/0; Locks Picked: 0
    Iron Beasts Destroyed: 0; Disabled: 0
    Secrets: 0/0

GHOST: SUCCESS
    PERFECT GHOST: IMPOSSIBLE. Because of bug with White Mask.
    SUPREME GHOST: IMPOSSIBLE (on all 3 difficulties). You must douse 2 gas torches.

THIEF DIFFICULTY

Our objective is to get 4 Talismans and statuette. Unlike White Mask, statuette behaves normally, so you can grab it anytime. I'm starting by going through front door this time. Go to Dining Room and grab all loot from table. Terrace above kitchen is patrolled by 2 guards and visited by noble woman and other noble guy. But they aren't the biggest problem - it's these 2 kitchen servants placed in strategic positions.

Your target is to diagonally jump on wooden railing above south chimney, crouch, drop on it, crouch again and drop quickly to SE corner. From there approach old woman from her side, so other woman will not spot you. Grab meat, so you will manage to reach 1st bottle. 2nd bottle is too far. Shoot rope arrow into bottom of terrace in SW corner, then return to SE corner.

Shoot rope arrow into wooden railing near corner of terrace and mantle there. This way you will not drop immediately on the other side and make lots of noise. Go around terrace to SW corner and shoot rope arrow into ceiling. Jump on rope, then on another rope to quietly descend on floor. Quietly get to 2nd bottle and grab it. Return on terrace while grabbing both rope arrows.

Diagonally jump on east wooden railing above east chimney, drop on it, then drop to NE corner. In sink on the left are 2 plates, on north shelf are 2 bags of spices. Rope up to terrace and return outside. Use vine to enter 2nd floor, but this time go right to Concert Room for 4 bottles. Go behind guards to staircase to basement. Wait for patrollers to go up, then go forward on stairs and left to Music Room with vase and 2 goblets.

Afterwards go into corridor under stairs and douse 2 gas torches. Visit masks room and grab all 5, then go through double door. Grab 4 Talismans floating in air and go to bedroom. Inside is floating tiara and statuette. Whoops, I was wrong. Statuette actually works in the same way as White Mask on previous difficulty - it must be collected 1st to complete objective. I'm not gonna start over just because of that, I'm gonna use skip mission cheat. That's the lesson to do test runs more carefully in the future.

STATS:

Time: 0:13:21; Loot: 1385/1385

PERFECT GHOST: SUCCESS
    SUPREME GHOST: IMPOSSIBLE

ASSASSIN DIFFICULTY

This time I'm 100% sure there will be no shenanigans, because our objective this time is killing 2 people. So I'm gonna loot this mission in the same way I did on Thief difficulty and then gonna do killing. I made some differences in loot run. For kitchen loot I decided to shoot rope arrow directly into wooden railing and go down that way. So I started from SW corner, then SE corner and ended at NE corner. Also I used stairs to get to 2nd floor instead of getting out and using balcony.

I noticed that 2 nobles visits most of the rooms in mansion including kitchen. I was really lucky they never decided to get there when I was looting it. Also they enter room next to room with masks. Also after dousing 2 gas torches, I wait for old noble visiting double door room. That's lord to kill. I KO-ing him and move to room with masks. Then I loot his room first, then I visit masks room. Grab 5 masks, kill standing lady, then kill lord. And mission will end.

STATS:

Time: 0:11:54; Loot: 1385/1385
    Back Stabs: 2; Knock Outs: 1
    Damage Dealt: 61; Damage Taken: 0; Healing Taken: 0

KING'S STORY

MISSION 1 - OVERTURE

This mission is full of climbing mountains. There is a lot of steep slopes, which force strafe running. There is dropping from high places on slopes. There are vines and there are some obscure mechanics with it. Also equipment is gonna transfer to next mission.

Rope arrow isn't absolutely needed in this mission. It's possible to mantle on higher rock. You need to strafe jump towards right wall, which will allow you to mantle on higher rock. Unfortunately you are forced to attack tree with sword. This destroys both sword and tree will fall and create bridge. Anyway, that's still a ghost bust.

When you get above cross-border shed, jump to vine. Descend and quickly run to 2nd vine. On top of it quickly climb left to secret chest. Then return the same way down. You need to be fast to manage to pass guard that lights torches. This will allow you to pass very annoying section of vines. Be quick and go to Main Gate. Then go all the way around to Back Door. You will need to pass archer, but it's easy.

This part is tricky. Steal Back Door key from guard, then I use first lockpick on very tiny lock on stone railing opposite to door. I climbed on it, guard stood very close to me, but only 1st alerted. Then I used second lockpick. Red light started to blink, so I used Back Door key on keyhole. Then closed door and turned off security, which is the most.

I dropped from stairs behind archer and went all the way back to Main Gate. On the right side of it is vine and window with lever on the other side. You must shoot moss arrow there, but you can't do it from ground. Prepare to shoot, then climb on vine and when it start to zoom turn around and shoot in lever. Gate will open. Now you need to picklock advance lock. Use triangle lockpick twice and then square lockpick thrice. This will end this mission.

STATS:

Time: 0:20:59; Loot: 0/0
    Pockets Picked: 4/4; Locks Picked: 2
    Secrets: 1/1

KING'S STORY

MISSION 2 - KING'S CHANT

This mission is big. Not that big like Exile, but it's much harder to ghost. Also just like in Patriot AI can't be nudged. If you bump into them, they immediately go into search mode. There are some obscure puzzles, which will force ghost busts. Guards are placed strategically, so this will be challenging ghost run.

WATER TOWER

First douse 2 torches, then douse another 2 torches far away on left. Rope up to balcony on right side and go west to Water Tower. Enter Machinery Room and douse fire heating water tank. Go upstairs and rope up under higher stairs. There is secret chest with gas arrow. Climb stairs to the top. There is guard patrolling stairs, but you are safe in dark corners. There are 2 water tanks. In first are 2 water arrows, in second is key we will need later. Climb to attic.

On top of bookcase is goblet. Another goblet is on balcony. But in order to grab it, you need to shoot it. I prefer to shoot it from rightmost side of gate. Also guard patrolling stairs can hear shot, so I used moss arrow. Time to return to starting point. To drop from balcony safely, just drop on doused torch, then on ground.

EAST WING

Picklock gate under balcony. Inside is servant cleaning this place. He's nudging himself backward, so after 15-20 min he will block this passage. Go upstairs and wait for guard to walk away. Go behind him and hide in dark corner. Wait for him to go to stairs, open door, close it and go to top floor. There is Chamberlain walking between his bedroom and balcony. On balcony is goblet, on fireplace another goblet and bottle is lying on carpet.In corner near fireplace is purple box. In bedroom is quill pen on desk. Return to stairs.

Wait for guard on the right to close door and go left. Generator room is patrolled by another guard. If guard is near stairs, then jump on desk. If guard is inside, close door and hide near generator. Then open metal box with loot and jump on desk. After he go to metal box, go for it if you didn't open it yet. Then go quickly downstairs. In coat is loot, then visit Chief Engineer's Room. There is purse on window behind bed and map on shelf. Near locked door is East Wing key for it.

Outside douse torch behind archer. Somewhere on floor under south wall is secret goblet from Water Tower. Wait for patroller to descend and run behind gardener. There is switch on small wall above small flower balcony. It acts as elevator and switch will summon it up. Frob down switch on flower balcony to trigger secret. It leads to Wine Cellar, but you can't go there. Archer will spot you. This means I'm skipping 75 loot from there. Go above tree below, drop on it and then on ground near starting point.

Again rope up to Water Tower. Climb to higher floor and open double door to North Wing. Corridor is patrolled by guard. Go behind him to Front Entrance. It's not labelled on map, but this is Floor 1 of the Castle. Quickly run behind stationary guard watching Front Door to corridor on the left. Turn off light and wait for patroller. Let him pass you and enter South Wing.

SOUTH WING

First door leads to Doctor's Apartment. Grab bottle and goblet. Listen to conversation. Visit bedroom. There is secret switch on the side of entrance, it will open secret compartment behind painting. Next is Pope's Apartment. On fireplace is candlestick, a bit further in room is another candlestick and cross. In bedroom are glasses on desk. Go upstairs.

Here is guard patrolling corridor. Use first door to enter Bride's Apartment. Turn off light and go left to shoes. Frob it and after comment frob it again. You will take it. Use it. This is the best item for ghosting. Now you can run and jump on everything and it will sound like you are walking on carpet. The only exception is falling into water.

Grab necklace and earrings from table in front of bride, grab also comb on cupboard. Go to toilet, jump left, so you will manage to close door, then block open it and grab jewelry box from secret compartment (it's open only if toilet door is open). That's all for this floor, go to lowest floor.

In 1st room is plate, in bedroom is purse on wardrobe. On the right is locked door and South Wing key for it. In 2nd room is coin on stand and Maul under clock. Go through toilet to 3rd room. In 3rd room is Message to Hugo that Garrett will comment and coin stack above doorway. Use last door to get to Scullery and turn off light.

KITCHEN

You are on Ground Floor. In sink occupied by maid is 1 water arrow and cutlery. On shelf is plate. This place is also visited by another maid. Go to Chef's Room. On glass wall is bag of spices. Time for Kitchen. Kitchen is visited by maid and guard from Corridor (#10 on map). After you enter Kitchen there will be conversation and you will get new objective of reading letter carried by servant. You will need to wait for noble to pass you, then strafe run to servant to grab his letter. Around 5 seconds after stealing letter, servant turns around and return to Kitchen. That's why it's so important to time this maid and guard.

After stealing letter, read it to complete objective, then run to shelf near cook. There is 2nd bag of spices. Grabbing both bags of spices trigger another "secret found" message. Cook should ignore you unless you go too close to him. Then run to shadow in freezer before servant will stop and turn towards stoves. Time to get to Corridor and rope up to wooden beam. Open vent. If you can't enter - crouch and jump in place. Now you should manage to enter.

Go right to small closet with Shoe Polish (brown). Rope up to vent and this time go straight and fall into Parlour. Grab statuette, in fire is fire arrow and sheet of notes. Rope up to vent and go left. Use Maul on hatch to release dumbwaiter. Even though it's used like key, effect is devastating. Hatch falls on dumbwaiter (ghost bust #1). Luckily everyone will ignore huge noise. Go back to Corridor and go west to Hall.

THE REST OF GROUND FLOOR

Go behind patroller left and grab plate. On upper right side of right pillar is secret switch opening passage to chest with rope arrow. Enter corridor. 1st room leads to Bathing Chamber. Go upstairs and dodge patroller while staying in dark corners. Grab quill pen and goblet together with verse. Open door to Library and go upstairs for "Can Can" Score (green book). Go back to corridor.

Enter Chief Guard's Suite and grab coin from boot. In bedroom is purse above doorway. Go to Barracks for another rope arrow. Return to Hall and use key (right now it should change name to Passage key) to enter passage to south staircase. Here is dumbwaiter. Send it down, jump on it and ride it up.

GOING UP

Dumbwaiter will stop. Wait 10 seconds, then shoot broadhead arrow in wall below wooden door above your head. Door will open and somebody will throw rope arrow into wooden part of wall near you. Take it and shoot on corner of door. Now you must climb rope. Dumbwaiter will fall and get destroyed. It's not a damage property done by me, so it's not a ghost bust. Also fire will fly up, so you must be quick with climbing and mantling to higher floor. After explosion (again nobody will hear it) grab rope arrow and goblet. Welcome on Floor 3.

VISITING OTHER FLOORS

In Lower Hall is 1 guard patrolling. Easy to dodge. Go to south staircase and go to Floor 4. In Upper Hall is harder guard. When he's walking away, jump on dining table, then on chandelier and grab secret diamond. Return to shadow and wait for guard to go away. Between benches on the right is ring. Go to side rooms near Throne Hall. In right passage is candlestick, in left - scale on statue. Return to staircase nad go to the bottom. Read Valet's Massage and go more down. There is window with view on secret Wine Cellar and nugget in wheelbarrow. Return to Floor 3.

FIRST VISIT ON FLOOR 3

In side passage of Lower Hall is quill pen. Turn off light. Wait for guard to enter hall, then enter Aide's Room, grab candlestick and quickly picklock door to Valet's Room. Inside is watch. Wait for guard to leave nad go to north passage leading to staircase. Near lamp on ceiling is switch for hidden passage (weirdly enough it's not a secret). Grab candlestick and turn off lights in corridor. Listen to conversation. You will get new objective. If it didn't trigger, then reload save from before conversation. Otherwise Valet will not spawn (this happened to me on this ghost run, luckily I had back up save).

After conversation go back to Aide's Room and enter Study. On chandelier is Candle key, which open cupboard and trigger "secret found" message. Read secret book, then go to Dining Room to grab candlestick and fire poker. In Grotto is another candlestick. In Salon is winning cup, candlestick, plate and goblet. Return to Lower Hall.

GOING DOWN

Wait for guard to enter Aide's Room, then break with blackjack glass on right side of door leading to north staircase (ghost bust #2). Nobody will hear it. Then shoot broadhead arrow into key on right door on the other side. It will turn and unlock door. Wait for guard and return to north passage (this one with hidden switch on ceiling). Open door. On carpet you will find key to Towers. It opens most of doors on staircases. Go up and grab diamond from dragon statue's maw.

Go to south staircase and go to bottom. Unlock door leading to dumbwaiter. Jump on it. Through this door is walking Valet. Wait for him to grab his Valet's key, then return to Floor 3.

SECOND VISIT ON FLOOR 3

With Valet's key you can enter Dressing Room. Grab cup to complete loot objective. Now you have a choice to make: grab crown and Tunnel key and go to the bottom of south staircase. Or don't grab crown and continue this mission. Of course I'm gonna continue this mission. Gabriel will show up and explain the situation. You will get new objectives.

I decided to open chest in this room now. Normally I will get lockpicks code later, but I will not need to return for it. It gives loot and completes bonus objective. Enter Bedroom. There is candlestick and ring near letter. In bronze box is key to Anger's Apartment. On fireplace is note, close fireplace and under it you will find another note. Go to toilet. On left corner of left painting is Record of Anger's Music.

Time to visit Anger's Apartment. It's in North Wing. Use staircase in Grotto to descend to Floor 1 (with Front Entrance). Wait for patroller and go behind him to North Wing. Right at the start is door leading to Anger's Apartment.

ANGER'S APARTMENT

Here is candlestick and quill pen. In bedroom is hidden switch on left side of pillar (again not a secret). It will reveal elevator. Downstairs grab flute on table. Grab Anger's Premiere Score and replace it with "Can Can" Score. Go to toilet and stand in doorway. Look up. You will notice secret stash with book. Return up and talk with Anger.

Time to see effect of your sabotage. Use staircase to get to Grotto, then use other staircase to get to Floor 4. Gate has been raised, but you can't go through Lobby, because of 2 knight blocking way. Go into closet and rope up to Attic.

CONCERT

Use 1st passage to go up. Go around left wall, then switch to right wall of left square. Hug it to avoid breaking cobweb, Pass door to open it, then slowly enter room into direction opposite to painting. Close door, grab 1 flare, open painting and use lever. Return the same way. In 2nd passage is vent that can be opened. Here is lockpick code, but it's not here for me. I guess it vanish after opening King's chest.

Return all the way to north staircase and descend to double door leading to Library. Now guard from Bathing Chamber visits it. On lower level bookcase has opened revealing safe. Solve riddle to open it. Inside is Top Tower key. Return to Floor 4. Near door to staircase is another smaller door. You can open it now. Go to the top to get bonus objective. Use flare on brazier to summon secret diadem on statue. Later here will be standing King.

Return to Attic and use last vent. Drop down and use window to get to balcony. Enter Singer Hall and watch concert. After it ends use window route to reenter Singer Hall. Grab Anger's Baton from floor, then rope up to upstairs balcony. On one of seats is binoculars, in small office is quill pen and under desk in code to Anger's Safe.

To get down drop on reflector, which will make you slide on harf. Use unlocked door to Upper Hall. Listen to 2 conversations, then use south staircase to go to Ground Floor. Pass Hall and pass guard in Corridor from the right. Use staircase in Lobby to get to Grotto.

In front of Bedroom is Durkheim. Sometimes he's more in front, so it's easy to get behind him, sometimes he's not. Luckily he's not alerting to being touched, so it's possible to nudge him. He has Chapel key. Inside are 2 candlesticks. In Bedroom King may greet us. Right now we are entering stage of going back and forth from one place to another. First target is Bride's Apartment.

Return to staircase and this time descend to Floor 1 (with Front Entrance). Go to South Wing. On highest floor there is no guard anymore. Enter Bride's Bedroom, then leave and conversation will happen. You get Stable key and new objective. Hide in bathroom just like Gabriel. Durkheim will show up with 2 guards. Time to leave.

DEALING WITH DOCTOR

Descend to middle floor and go to North Wing. Use Water Arrow to descend to Ground Floor and go into North Wing. Go downstairs and unlock Stable. Use Shoe Polish (brown) on first horse, then hide behind last horse. Doctor Von Gudden will come. Steal 2 keys from his bag and lock him in Stable. After conversation go up to see cutscene. From now on guards gonna patrol while in search mode (it's like in Assassins mission, they only look that way, but patrol normally). Also some of them are gonna patrol staircases. Your target is Throne Hall on Floor 4.

Go through Lobby to Corridor. It's patrolled by old guard and maid, but also visited by new searching guard. So rope up to wooden beam and wait for him to pass. Use passage to Hall and go to south passage. Surprise, there are 2 guys repairing dumbwaiter, which means Kitchen is empty. Good to know. Use south staircase, which weirdly enough isn't patrolled and go to Upper Hall. This floor is only patrolled by 1 searching guard who can enter Throne Hall. When he leave enter Throne Hall.

THRONE HALL

Jump on chandelier and drop down. In west room is goblet, near alter are 2 rings on tray. Time to use verse to solve puzzle. Stand on correct animals for 5-10 seconds, then grab Water from Green Grotto before passage will close. Rope up to wooden pillars (which don't look like wooden) to climb to higher floor. This time we need to go to Doctor's Study in South Wing.

WEREHIDE POTION

Use south staircase to go to Ground Floor and through Kitchen enter Scullery and South Wing. Go upstairs and enter Doctor's Apartment. Use key to enter his Study. Grab Evidence of King's Madness from side of desk. Also use Water from Green Grotto on yellow bottle of Lupine Tincture to create Mixture. Leave and William Anger will speak to you. So what's the logical way to go from South Wing? Well, North Wing, of course. Time to visit Anger's Apartment. Luckily 2 patrollers vanished, so it's easy.

Anger's Apartment is patrolled by searching guard, but he's easy to dodge. Go to his safe and use code. Then use Mixture, Record of Anger's Music and Anger's Baton to create Werehide Potion. Leave apartment. You will hear conversation. Go behind normal guard. He will go to South Wing and turn around, so hide in dark corridor. Go to lower floor leading to Ground Floor. Go through Kitchen, which is visited by new searching knight. Go to south staircase and climb to Floor 3. Nobody is there. Use lockpicks on door with tools. As King use key to open staircase to Floor 2.

FINAL CONFRONTATION

After switching back to Garrett you will notice that you can't explore rest of the Castle anymore. You also lost a lot of items including Ballet Shoes. Oh no. Luckily they will not be useful anymore. Go downstairs to mysterious Floor 2. William Anger waits there, but don't go close too him just yet. Go along right wall, climb on rope and drop on platform. Frob black rocks to get secret diamond. Go closer to Anger to activate conversation. Then mantle on box and wait for him to change into werewolf. He tracks you, so that's a ghost bust #3.

Drink Werehide Potion to change into werewolf. Ghost will appear and unlock box with lever. Run to it and use it. Then run around hole and mantle on machine with big lever (you can only mantle on it if you are away of it). Use big lever to push werewolf into hole. This will complete this mission.

STATS:

Time: 1:52:58; Loot: 3163/3333
    Pockets Picked: 2/2; Locks Picked: 7
    Secrets: 12/13

LORD ROBERT'S PAINTING

FIRST AREA

Go through window and enter room with sleeping guy. In his chest is loot. Go downstairs and outside. Go north along left wall. On the left is window to rope up. Inside are 3 coin stacks. Return down and this time go right. While in shadow pass guard and go to shop. Grab purple box. Go outside and go north.

Mantle on pipe and then on ledge above locked gate. Turn left and mantle on stone slope, then on even higher ledge. On left window is goblet and bottle. Jump to window. In 1st room is chest, in 2nd - goblet. Go downstairs and unlock door. Go more downstairs and unlock door to 2nd area.

SECOND AREA

Go right and when you notice sign of Food Shop, mantle on it, then on roof. On left window is goblet and plate. Then enter window and grab goblet on bookcase. In next room is vase and flute near harf. Return down on street and return to start of this area. This time unlock door on the left. Go behind thief and unlock door to basement. Go behind another thief, move crates, then gear to enter Hammer Church.

HAMMER CHURCH

Go behind Hammerite and open both chests in Barracks, then go through Kitchen and hide in shadow on the right. When another patroller will pass you, go to last door leading upstairs. When Hammerite will go left, go picklock right door. It's a long picklock, so you can only use 1 lockpick, then go hide in staircase until Hammerite will go away. Inside you will find golden hammer. Rooms on the left are easier, because they aren't locked. In 1st room is purple box near bed, in 2nd - chest. Window will take you to the back street. Use it to enter Sewer Access.

WEST SEWER ACCESS

Go all the way to Sewers. Here you can hide from patrollers in dark niches on opposite side of canal than patrollers. You can quietly jump normally over canal. Go west. Near dead spiders in water is purse. Go north and rope up to spider cave. You can safely cross it with many 1st alerts. Middle has good shadow. Near chest is purse and necklace. Afterwards drop down and go to east door, which you need to unlock. Again picklock is quite long, so after 1st picklock you will need to hide. Door will take you to Thieves Area.

THIEVES AREA

Go right to last door. Grab 4 coin stacks and purse on table, then go downstairs. Go left to 1st door and open 2 chests. Be careful, there is 1 thief going through this room. Go past next room and enter corridor. Continue and on the left side is Boss Room. Ramirez has a purse. When he's standing in front of banner, go to him, grab 2 keys on desk and use lever under desk. When he will move, enter secret passage. Inside are 4 coin stacks, tiara and 2 chests. When Ramirez is on the side, leave his room. Go straight to room on the right. Unlock 2nd chest. By the way, this room is visited by thief. Then use key to enter Training Room on opposite side and rope down.

KEEPER SANCTUARY

Use 2 heads on statues to open entrance to Keeper Sanctuary. Lots of marble and 2 traps: at the beginning and at the end. They can be disabled after passing them though. Place right now is empty, so it's easy to loot it. Use ladder to get to book. Go left from entrance to grab urn. Use door and rope up on wooden part of balcony. Grab candlestick and enter room. In purple box is 1st Keeper key, grab also goblet and use lever behind bed to get fire arrow and medallion. To leave balcony just jump to ladder. Go past stairs. In next room is medallion on bookcase. Go to corridor to grab goblet. Then go downstairs.

Go north. In 1st room is purple box with 2nd Keeper key and goblet on wardrobe. In 2nd room is book on desk and medallion under different desk. In side passage is book on bookcase. Return and go straight.for goblet in corridor. Go right and grab vase, goblet on carpet near chair and 3 goblets and bottle on shelf. Then go left past trap to Sealed Door, use both Keeper keys and grab Book of Ash.

Sanctuary will be ambushed by fast zombies. It's time to ghost them. Go to room from which zombie came and hide in fireplace. Wait for zombie, then go to corridor. Here are 3 zombies to be careful. Your target is middle of this place, because there is big shadow. You can hide behind columns. If zombies leave, go west to stairs.

Go right to shadow near door, wait for zombie to enter. Then go past him and go right to shadow behind columns. Then go left to exit and in the end climb up to Training Room. Use other door to leave and go to NE corner of this floor. Use Thieves Exit key to enter East Sewer Access.

EAST SEWER ACCESS

Sewers again. Go left to gate. Use door to get to room with cistern. Behind it is crate with 3 goblets, plate and ring. You are safe in this corner from 2 patrollers. Wait for one, then go behind him. Go upstairs and hide in shadow on the right wall on top of stairs. Then use door to go to higher level. When you go to another guard, go south, then upstairs. Go behind 2 guards and picklock locked door. Inside open further chest, then go to previous door. Inside is window that leads to house in 3rd Area.

THIRD AREA

Grab goblet on stool, then go to room near stairs and grab vase. Go downstairs and take goblet. Then go outside. Go north to house near north gate. There is binoculars in upstairs room. Go behind guard patrolling near Pond and quickly picklock lock. Then quickly enter. There is plate on bench, then use nearby door to enter Lord Robert's Basement.

BASEMENT

First go to room on the left. I actually doused torch in corridor. Wait for servant to leave this room and unlock chest. Then go right down into toilet. There is coin and switch leading to binoculars. In next room is chest. Go to the end of corridor and right to kitchen. There is good shadow on table near dumbwaiter. Send it up and drop under it to get goblet. Go outside to storage on the opposite side. On the opposite side of storage is lever under shelf. In hidden passage are 3 bottles. Use door from where new guards keep coming. Wait in shadow for guard entering barracks, go behind him and unlock last chest. Wait for another guard, go behind him to return to corridor. Time to go upstairs.

FIRST FLOOR

Go to south room and grab goblet from armchair. Return to stairs and use other door leading to gallery. There are few guards walking through this place. Wait for them to move away, grab vase and go to shadow on the right. Wait for patroller with Garden key and take it. Then go to 2nd table and grab 2 daggers. Go to balcony on the right.

Wait for guards to go away and enter door on opposite side. You are in corridor visited by guards, go to the end and close right door leading to front entrance. Go right to library. Grab goblet on window. You are safe on top of bookcases. Go to next room, which has dumbwaiter. Use it to ride to 2nd floor.

SECOND FLOOR

I think this one is the hardest to ghost. Lots of AI on small area. You are in storage. It's visited by servant. Grab 3 goblets and plate. Dining Room is visited by a guard. Grab candlestick and hide in corner near right door. Corridor is patrolled by 1 guard and visited by 2 others, merchant and servant. Go to bath on the right. It's a safe place. Grab candlestick.

Go to the end of corridor to library. It's visited by merchant, so be careful. Inside there is no shadow, but you can hide from merchant near the other side of middle bookcase. In corner near sofa is goblet. Leave to bath or dining room or if you have enough luck go past dining room and hide under staircase. Next go left and visit rooms on the left. First is safe and has goblet on stool. Third room has chest to unlock, but it's visited by merchant. You are safe in corner near stool. Wait for merchant to leave, then return to staircase and go to 3rd floor.

THIRD FLOOR

Go right. Here is Lord Robert's Bedroom and Lord Robert is inside. Moss doorway. Wait for him to be on the right side near painting. Then he will move to window. Use lever under cupboard and grab loot from painting. Return outside. When noble will move again to window, go behind him. He has a purse. Grab candlestick and lean for goblet on window. If you have time use also Painting Gate lever to unlock painting in gallery. If not - go outside and wait for noble to move towards window again.

Time to go on the roof. Patrollers are easy to dodge. Grab 3 crates and stack them under ladder, so you will jump to it. On highest roof is gas arrow and nest with diamond and ring. Carefully drop on edge of crates or try to get stick to the ladder by going to it's edge and using crouch continuously. Go right on ledge near window and from there strafe jump to pond.

Now that you have Garden key you can unlock door leading to gallery on top of stairs. Go right to shadow. Wait for guard to go past you and go grab painting. Then go back outside. Then go all the way north to North Gate to finish this mission.

STATS:

Time: 1:22:43; Loot: 3871/4300
    Pockets Picked: 4/4; Locks Picked: 20

PERFECT GHOST: POSSIBLE
    SUPREME GHOST: POSSIBLE
    PERFECT SUPREME: NOT POSSIBLE. I don't think it's possible to supreme ghost spider cave in Sewers.

MIDDAY ECLIPSE

Ghosting mission in daylight. Guards has very low range of visibility. You can't mantle on roofs and there is a lot of invisible walls on street. Going into windows with flower pots in front of them is tricky. You need to mantle on the edge of flower pot, then open shutters. If you are stuck on window while crouching, lean forward and move forward to go through. If there is table on the other side of window, check if ceiling is high or low. High ceiling means you need to crouch and drop on edge of window, then on table. Low ceiling means that you must stand and walk on table.

Behind invisible wall at the start is orange key. Red key of the metal helmet guard and his purse can be taken only during eclipse. Eclipse starts when entering Marketplace after last house. Then backtrack for red key and use it to open locked door. Mission ends after visiting Pagans at the other end of Marketplace.

STATS:

Time: 0:19:10; Loot: 2350/2500
    Pockets Picked: 7/20; Locks Picked: 0

SUPREME GHOST: IMPOSSIBLE. Too many 1st alerts.

A NIGHT VISIT TO THE NATURAL HISTORY MUSEUM

Spider museum. It's tricky to get purse from purple guard, because of distance. You can only do that while in shadow at the start, but you can't just wait there, because if guard is far away, he will despawn. So you need to get closer, so he will spawn back and continue patrolling. So pretty much you must go to the end of shadow in garden and observe him. Then when he's going back and he's somewhere in the middle, start running to shadow at the start. And in the end steal his purse.

Archer can get stuck on lantern, but hugging right wall is enough to ghost him. Museum is mostly empty, but after completing loot objective, it gets populated by spiders, but the only problem is small spider near exit window. He's verty sensitive. Luckily this mission has flaw in design. If you grab Gate key, go to starting gate and go through it, you will permanently complete leaving objective. If you activated guard on the other side (by mantling over fence and looking at him), he can get stuck while walking into unfrobbable part of gate, but he's not a problem. You can easily sneak near him and he will not even 1st alert.

There is a lot of scattered coins on floors. A lot of secrets. One secret has 3 other secret in itself. And secret switches are very hard to spot, but loot objective is easy to complete, because the whole requirement appears in Storeroom. To get down I drop on south shelf and mantle up, then drop on carpet. Patrollers and light bots are easy to avoid. To grab all the loot you must drop Gate key on carpet, so you will grab rest of loot. Then grab Gate key to finish this mission.

STATS:

Time: 0:46:37; Loot: 35215/35855
    Pockets Picked: 1/2; Locks Picked: 7
    Secrets: 9/9

SUPREME GHOST: POSSIBLE
    PERFECT SUPREME: POSSIBLE

OUT FOR A WALK

Small city mission. Most AI will ignore you, so it's easy to grab most of loot. But you will need 5 water arrows and 1 rope arrow. In guard's house there is tricky to find tiara on crayman's head above entrance and 4 vases above statue. In bar I had problem to notice golden bottle among green bottles. There is invisible wall preventing you from careful watching. Also some junk items are loot. For example bigger golden hammer, daggers and sword on counter of equipment shop. There is also stone hammer in novice bedroom, which is also loot.

CITY + CHURCH

You can't enter food shop in front of guard near cemetery. I am forced to skip this 5 loot. To the next shop you can go through inner garden and disable mushroom. Then go to left guy in front of church and go left along left wall to potion shop. Afterwards run past guard to church. Left Hammerite can be ghosted if you move really slowly. Then douse 5 torches in 2 Hammerite's passage. In kitchen you must stand on the side of novice, crouch and lean for 5 plates. Then go very slowly behind Hammerite into prison. There thieves prisoners can attack patroller there. Not a bust. Use rope to get to catacombs.

CATACOMBS

To get into 1st passage behind zombie you must lean forward + run forward. This will allow you to squeeze into passage. Golden skulls aren't loot. So now I am forced bust ghost run. In next room is haunt. On sarcophagus is golden skull (no loot) and 6 tiny rings (worth 600). Room will automatically lighten if you enter this room. So haunt will spot you.

Alternative is fire elementals room. Basically you must use moss arrow on left corner, drop on ladder in that way, which will let you jump far on moss. This way you will avoid 1st elementals. 2nd is easy, you just need to move slowly along wall. 3rd elemental is impossible to ghost, not just that, after 1st jump 1st fire elemental turn on light around itself. This means you can't escape without getting spotted. By skipping this loot I skip 790 loot.

Because of loot objective I am forced to visit one of these rooms. Dealing with haunt is easier than with 3 fire elementals shooting at you. By the way they will alert also haunt through a wall, while haunt's alert will not alert fire elementals or zombies. So I decided to grab 6 tiny rings, which alerts haunt (ghost bust). To escape from catacombs I just shoot rope arrow near 1st rope, so I will climb to prison.

Then you just need to return to starting point. Also something triggers blockade and Hammerites at the city. It happened to me on my test run, but they didn't spawn on my ghost run. I guess maybe reason is I didn't KO any Hammerite in this run. Or maybe using cemetery lever summon them. I don't know.

STATS:

Time: 0:26:29; Loot: 4134/4929
    Pockets Picked: 3/4; Locks Picked: 11

PAYBACK

Short mansion mission. I need to kill Lord Bullright and there is optional objective to KO his son. Pretty easy, because you can turn off light for every room. But there are 2 rooms that are really hard to ghost and they were the reason for me to restart this mission twice. It's located on 1st floor - center and north room. It's well patrolled place with archer on higher balcony. There is hard to get light switch that must be turned off and 3 gas lamps that must be doused. But if there are patrollers nearby, they will 2nd alert. Also patrollers can turn these gas lamps back on or what's worse - fail and freeze in place. Which makes ghosting this rooms impossible.

Let's start dealing with this situation. First - you need to grab 2 water arrows: one is in sewers at the very beginning and other on top of 2nd floor stairs (east side). From 2nd floor descend on stairs (west side) and when there is no patrollers douse 2 gas lamps. These 2 gas lamps will not caught any attention of guards. Go south and go to Dining Room. Turn off light, open double door and wait for guards to go away. Then close right side of door and lean for light switch.

Return to room with 2 doused gas lamps and open double door. Wait for guards to go away and step in doorway. You must douse 3 gas lamps: west, east and north. Start from west above your head. Otherwise archer on balcony will go into search mode. Then go left near entrance to Casino and go for 4 goblets on table. Go to east entrance to Casino and lean for light switch. Enter Casino and quickly grab statuette and coin on floor near chair in NW corner. Then use west passage to get out before any guard will decide to turn on any gas lamp.

STATS:

Time: 0:18:42; Loot: 1600/1600
    Pockets Picked: 9/10; Locks Picked: 5
    Back Stabs: 1; Knock Outs: 1
    Damage Dealt: 31; Damage Taken: 0; Healing Taken: 0
    Innocents killed: 1; Others killed: 0
    Secrets: 5/5

SUPREME GHOST: IMPOSSIBLE. You must turn off light in Kitchen and douse 2 gas lamps in Front Entrance to complete loot objective.

RETURN TO TARNHILL

This is opposite situation to Exile. I suspected this will be city mission, but it happened to be a mission based on old FPS game Strife. Made by Ricebug. Not too much loot, but some key items are hard to find. Enemies are easy to dodge. Also 2 patrollers near beginning entered outside area while in search mode. It definitely wasn't made by me, so I don't count that as a bust. Also outside guards can 2nd alert to sound of elevator (with bent gear under it) moving.

Ultimately mission can't be ghosted. After getting teleported you must use switch opening 2 holes with bots. This close portcullis. Only destroying bots raise portcullis. You can block portcullis with scroll, 2 healing potions, speed potion and dewdrop. But to open next passage you need to use lever in hole with bot. So you must kill at least 1 bot. But then 2nd bot will start to shoot you. That's why I kill both bots (ghost bust) and to do that I grab 2 frag grenades.

STATS:

Time: 0:35:41; Loot: 540/540
    Pockets Picked: 4/8; Locks Picked: 0
    Damage Dealt: 65; Damage Taken: 0; Healing Taken: 0
    Iron Beasts Destroyed: 2; Disabled: 0

SERGE BANK

Short and easy bank mission. Lots of darkness. The only problem is on 2nd floor. 1st guard turns in random direction except towards front entrance. 2nd guard watches front entrance from terrace. Passage is medium lighted, but you need to hug wall and slowly enter until you get into darkness. Behind 2nd guard you can squeeze by using lean forward + run forward, but very slowly, because everywhere on this floor is marble.

3rd guard is the hardest, because he's patrol route is short. He has a key. Go behind his right side, use key to open door and enter. Open safe, which open safe with Old Mask and disable watcher in Vault at the same time. Then wait for guard to go away and sneak to opposite wall on the left. Use lever to open door to Vault. When he shows sneak forward into Vault.

IS SUPREME GHOST POSSIBLE?

No. And it's not because disabling watcher, because same lever also open safe with Old Mask. I think this one can be excused. But there is just no way to return guard's key, Guard's patrol route is short and on marble. He will always hear drop of key on marble and 2nd alert. Also for supreme you must skip Mace until you grab Old Mask and then return to Merchant House and grab Mace. This is because mission ends after completing all objective (no escape objective).

STATS:

Time: 0:09:20; Loot: 1311/1311
    Pockets Picked: 2/2; Locks Picked: 3

Game: Thief 2
    FM: My Favorite Year

Ghost - Success
    Perfect Thief - Failed
    Supreme Ghost - Success
    Perfect Supreme - Failed
    Time – 49:09
    Loot - 4711/5201 (Supreme: 4701)
    Pockets Picked - 3/4
    Locks Picked - 1
    Backstabs - 0, Knockouts - 0
    Damage dealt - 0, Damage taken - 0
    Healing taken - 0, Other Kills - 0, Bodies Discovered - 0
    Consumables - none

I wanted to ghost something from the TMA 20th Anniversary Contest, so I’ve decided to take what’s reportedly one of the toughest missions for this mode. Having played through it, I can’t say I disagree. This mission doesn’t have any particularly tricky situations or moves to pull off, but it’s chock full of guards with interlocking patrols, which requires a great deal of patience. Our goals are to break into Lord Serendeli’s mansion/warehouse and steal a bottle of his special wine, his client list, and 3500 loot.

The Compound

Starting in the sewer, I could take one of the ladders and emerge inside Serendeli’s compound right away. However, a longer – and seemingly more intended – way around was also available, and given that it has loot to pick up, I decided to take that one. Although passing the kitchen with two servants seems difficult at first, their patrols offer plenty of time to move past, and the area has several handy shadowy spots, including one right by the fireplace. Emerging in the courtyard, picked a purse off a guard roaming the place before finally entering the building from the North.

Decided to work through Serendeli’s building floor by floor. On the first floor, the only tough bit was to get into Russell Andrews’ office. The door leading into from Storage Bay 2 it is very exposed, and the two guards cover this area well. Had to wait through a few rounds of their patrols before I got an opening and could slip in. The only other way into the office is from the outside, by taking a metal walkway around the building, which is also doable but quite a bit more tedious. Got the client list inside the office and exited the same way, which involved a bit more waiting. The second floor was a little easier, with the main corridor being the most difficult place to move through. Got the basement key from Serendeli’s bedroom and went back down. The basement is a small area with a few tight patrols but ultimately nothing crazy. However, the basement key opens the door to a section marked “Private,” which is a gambling den full of thieves and the most difficult part of the mission.

Gambling Den

Right next to the entrance is Serendeli’s office, and there are three things of interest inside. First is our main objective, a huge bottle of wine. Second is the sewer access key that opens the door leading right back into the starting area. However, this is an unnecessary pickup, so I skip it. Finally, there is the only bust to Perfect Thief. To gain access to Serendeli’s safe, which contains some loot and a secret switch opening a secret compartment with more loot, the player has to slash a banner. Overall, a total of 490 loot has to be skipped for regular Ghost.

The other notable hurdle in the gambling den is a stationary drunk thief, who makes two more loot pieces unobtainable for Supreme. By leaning in from the kitchen, I could grab the wine bottles behind the bar; I could also enter the room from the other end and get the coinstacks and purse on the table right behind him. Finally, by mantling the fireplace and using the pillar in the middle of the room as hard cover, I could grab the wine bottle in the table in the middle. However, two coinstacks worth 10 on the bar stand are unobtainable for Supreme.

With the gambling den cleared, all I had to do is return the basement key and leave. Since I couldn’t put it back in the chest, I dropped it on top of it. Then, took one of the sewer hatches in the courtyard to get back to the starting area.

Notes
    - Skipped a total of 490 loot in Serendeli’s basement office. Getting that requires slashing a banner.
    - Skipped two coinstacks worth 10 on the bar stand in the gambling den. Couldn’t get those without a first alter from the drunk thief.
    - The final pickpocket is an arrow on the archer in the courtyard.

Hey nice to see one of your reports again finally, marbleman!

It's been a while, hasn't it? I might do a couple more soon, but no guarantees.

TOWER OF ST. MORIA (T1/T2)

THIEF 1 VERSION

Tower is quite easy part to ghost. You only need to remember about stealing High Priest's key from walking priest. He walks to his room and goes back to altar only once. Also on floor with generators you are forced to cut banner (ghost bust #1). Luckily patrolling Hammerite will only 1st alert to it, but will be more sensitive from now on.

Upper Crypts are also no problem. In 1st room I douse 2 torches on the right. Then I go to south section, which contains most of the loot in this mission. There are 2 haunts, but they are easy to dodge. Outer walls ladders has only 2 loot pieces on each, inner wall ladders has usually 4 loot pieces, but one ladder has only 3. After getting Magic Sceptre of Aldares you go to east section to descend to Ancient Tomb, which is much harder place to ghost.

ANCIENT TOMB

You descend on ladder to room with 4 lying zombies. You must jump out and quickly hide in passage. Don't wake zombies. Otherwise after hearing traps from next room, they will go in search mode. In next room are magic bolts traps. Easy to avoid. After grabbing Dramon Eyes fire shadow may appear (on my test run no fire shadow has appeared). On my ghost run he appeared and immediately noticed me (ghost bust #2). Rope up on top of wooden beam and wait for fire shadow to be killed by magic bolts. Then go down.

This room has no enemies. Grab loot and Sword of Ariah. Go to ladder and douse 3 torches below. You probably hear alerted haunt below. He's alerted because of traps, but if you descend traps will stop shooting and after few minutes haunt will calm down. Douse rest of torches, then use sceptre on statue to create bridge. Also grab all water arrows, you will need them.

Next part is hard. Hide between sarcophagi in front of statue and wait for haunt to go left. Now I run to bridge, get stuck on entrance, which after getting unstuck teleports me to the middle of bridge, then I run right to shadow near sarcophagus and ladder. This way I managed to avoid 2nd alerting 3 fire elementals (on my test run there was only 1 fire elemental) and haunts. I douse all torches in this room, then climb up, which starts traps again and 2nd alert haunts and fire elementals.

At the top I douse all torches again and I hear that fire shadow above me gets killed by traps (no fire shadows spawn ed on my test run). That's weird. Grabbing Medallion from mummy should spawn mummy. We have objective to kill it, but because of active traps, mummy is in search mode and it can't be killed in 1 hit. So it's a ghost bust, right? No, because something bizarre happened on my ghost run again. This time instead of mummy, it's corpse has been summoned, which completed objective.

Time to return. After descending on ladder I noticed that despite traps haunt and elementals has calmed down. But after reloading they all went into search mode again. This time I couldn't ghost bridge. Fire elementals noticed me and alerted haunts (ghost bust #3). At least haunts didn't spot me. The rest is easy. Just go to room with zombies. Again don't wake them. Just run to front of ladder and climb it. I actually doused all torches in this room. Then return to starting point.

STATS:

Time: 1:06:03; Loot: 9556/9556
    Pockets Picked: 6/6; Locks Picked: 3

THIEF 2 VERSION

The easiest to spot difference is lower loot objective (8200) and there is also much less loot (8426). So loot objective is more tight, but even so I had no problem with finding loot. Difference in loot is because exclusive for Thief Gold loot pieces has been deleted or exchanged for less valuable loot pieces. Also some 2 rooms with lots of loot in Ancient Tomb has been removed.

There is more water arrows nad roof of tower has more shadow. But still you are forced to cut banner to get to Greenhouse (ghost bust #1). In Upper Crypts south section has third haunt. He patrols from NE corner of the room through SE corner to SW corner and returns similar way. In east room there is zombie on the right side, so you must douse few torches to get all loot from there. In other words Upper Crypts are slightly harder to ghost, while tower is slightly easier. But the biggest difference is Ancient Tomb.

ANCIENT TOMB

In place of 4 lying zombies are 3 standing zombies, so after entering room with traps they will go into search mode. So douse every lower torch. Then go up and wait in passage. On island below is fire shadow in search mode, because of traps. Wait for him to die or slide down into lava. Then grab Dramon Eyes to summon 2nd fire shadow and again it's a ghost bust #2. Rope to wooden beam and wait for him to die or slide down. There is also another change in this room - grabbing tears will disable shooting trap and in the end only 1 trap will be active. Unfortunately it's enough to 2nd alert haunts below.

Descend to lower level. Room that was in Thief 1 version empty right now is occupied by 2 haunts in search mode. They are staying at the middle. First douse all torches. Then try to lean for Sword of Ariah. Disabling auto-equip will help, because sword will lighten our position. Now you need to quietly jump from sarcophagus to sarcophagus to get to another side. It's tricky, but doable. Grab skull, then douse 3 torches to safely descend below.

Again this room has 2 haunts, but for some reason they aren't alerted. Dodging them is easy. Just jump on sarcophagi and crouch on them. Use sceptre on statue to open path down. That's right, no bridge, no fire elementals and no 2nd island. We are going down to tomb. Douse all torches, grab last urn and then grab Medallion to summon ghost. You are forced to kill him, but it's impossible to do it in 1 hit, because he has too much health (ghost bust #3). At least spider doesn't alert at all.

Time to go. Haunts in room with statue are easy to dodge, but higher haunts are still tricky. They may be patrolling normally now, but it's only a matter of time they will go into search mode, because after climbing ladder trap will start shooting again. Dodge first haunt, but 2nd will go into search mode. Mantle on left sarcophagus and prey for him to go closer other sarcophagus. Then slowly move towards ladder.

Next are zombies. They are in search mode, so wait for them to walk away and then run to ladder. Escape from roof of the tower is easier in this version, because from highest terrace you can jump on mountain and find good spot to jump into water.

STATS:

Time: 0:51:37; Loot: 8426/8426
    Pockets Picked: 6/6; Locks Picked: 3
    Back Stabs: 9; Knock Outs: 0
    Damage Dealt: 502; Damage Taken: 0; Healing Taken: 0
    Innocents killed: 0; Others killed: 1
    Secrets: 9/9

Back Stabs: 9. That's a high number. Too high. I only use Sword of Ariah to kill ghost at the end. I used 2 powerful slashes and then 3 normal slashes when he started to turn around. But somehow I got 9 back stabs. I wonder if fire shadows being hit from behind by magic bolts counts 1 back stab for me in the stats.

UFO

Pretty easy to ghost mission by JIS. Very small number of AI, but hard to find loot. Spider must be avoided by going slowly along right wall. Thanks to new mantle you can jump over training dummies in fortress and also jump over gate leading to basement. The hardest loot to get are 2 tiaras on top of 2 bugbeast containers in lab. To get it you must jump on slope of first container, grab tiara, then while standing on slope (not on metal top) jump+mantle on slope of 2nd container and grab tiara. Return back to 1st container, climb on metal top and jump+mantle on top of stairs.

I'm skipping loot from cell, because it's impossible to ghost prisoners. It's possible to make jump into tunnel leading to exit under lava bridge. It's tricky, but at least you don't leave rope arrow behind. This way I skip 400 loot. In Keeper's house are 2 candlesticks. You need to be quick to grab them before mission will end.

STATS:

Time: 0:27:42; Loot: 9237/9637
    Locks Picked: 1

PERFECT GHOST: IMPOSSIBLE
    SUPREME GHOST: IMPOSSIBLE. No way to lock exit cave passage and return key at the same time.

UNITED BANK OF AULDALE

This mission is hard to ghost, because of loot objective. There is 3257 loot and loot objective requires 3000 loot. But that's not all. Dewdrop worth 200 creates separate loot count, which gets summed later in end stats, but it doesn't count into loot objective. So leeway is only 57 and big stashes of loot are well guarded. Also only 1 rope arrow for whole mission and lots of keys, some of them are useless.

FIRST AREA

Grab Police Station key near note. Avoid 1st guard by passing him from right. Go through gate and quickly run right to avoid 2nd alert from Hammerite and other guard. Sneak to Hammerite and use his key on nearby door. To avoid 2nd alert from Hammerite on 3rd floor of Foundry run inside and go left along wall. Shoot rope arrow to wooden beam to grab hard to spot dices. Grab Storage key. To get out you need to strafe run to stairs and quickly hide in shadow. On 2nd floor is Dewdrop and statuette.

In Police Station sneak through metal doorway and grab UBA Main door key and Power Station key. Cell key is useless. Go upstairs and douse 1st torch. Go behind archer into next room and douse torch on the right. Hide in corner near doused torch and wait for archer to pass. Then sneak for bottle near guillotine and leave through window.

SECOND AREA

1st Inn isn't very hard to ghost. Just 1 guard that must be passed from right. In kitchen there is hard to spot plate in right cupboard. Useful key from Room #4 and Sea Chest key from Attic are useless, you can skip these places. In front of church douse 2 torches and visit cemetery for Golden Skull. Metal helmet guard has City Gate key for exit gate near warehouse.

Next you need to quickly rope up to attic of the bar. Guard in front of Power Station should only 1st alert. Here is Gate key, which opens window to Warehouse. To get out I drop down on ledge below and quickly hide in shadow. Then I entered front entrance and turn off light. Then I looted this place and grabbed both keys. I still need to use back door to rope up to 2nd floor for chest. Go to Power Station and switch lever to "up" position. Then grab money from ATM (I know the code, so I'm gonna do that now; code itself is on top of steep and loud stairs of Bank).

SECOND INN

2nd Inn is much harder to ghost. First enter and sneak to light switch. Moss bottom of elevator shaft, then grab key from 2nd floor. On 3rd floor is ring on chair. In reception you will need to nudge woman in order to picklock purple box.

Getting loot behind counter of bar in 2nd Inn is the hardest part of this mission. You need to nudge policeman to the left corner, but bar keeper is close, so he can see you pushing him. So this time I decided to nudge him by leaning forward. It's slower, but safer. Don't stay to close to policeman or you will be thrown backward and you may make a lot of noise. You will also be forced to mantle on table and 2 chairs to nudge him. When you get in better shadow you can start push him. When he's in corner go right and nudge bar keeper, so you will get to purple box and 3 bottles. Also behind counter you should grab 4 plates. One of them can spawn inside tray and it may be barely visible.

BANK

On 1st floor you can be seen by outside guards and by 2nd floor patroller. To minimize chance of getting spotted, mantle over counter and then sneak to metal door. Open it with Safe key and moss bottom of ladder. Then go down. On the south is Vault with very trouble some watcher. It's possible to ghost. On the left is full shadow behind pillar, but to be honest I had more luck with strafe running to barely any shadow behind right pillar. Then again you need to perfectly time watcher and run behind him. Then just open Vault with gear from 1st Inn, open left safe for Horn of Quintus and grab all loot. At this point you should have 2957 loot. Now it's time to return outside and go to warehouse.

WAREHOUSE

On my test run thief on metal ledge was on the left and he was not a problem. On my ghost run he was standing on the right and blocking my path. I can't drop without getting hurt, so my only option is to mantle on metal railing, drop on it's edge, get close to thief and when he's turning in my direction, then run past him.

In Administration is obligatory secret safe. Then go along left wall and rope up to top of boxes behind stationary guard to get copy of Thief Gold. Drop down and run to locked gate at the start. Open it with Gate key and run to Christmas tree in 1st Inn. Drop copy of Thief Gold there to complete objective. Then return to Warehouse.

Now you need to rope up top of boxes near braziers and quietly drop down on thief with key. Rope back up and open chest with Navigation Globe. All objectives completed. Drop down on thief and quickly run to 2nd thief. Nudge him away, so you will go past him. I actually did this trick with leaning forward + running forward to go past him earlier. Then just run to big city gate near Warehouse to finish this mission.

STATS:

Time: 1:19:58; Loot: 3257/3257
    Pockets Picked: 15/18; Locks Picked: 4

VANISHING POINT

Short city mission. Avoiding guards isn't very hard, but it requires skill in platforming. Like at the start you need to drop to slope below on the left. Another tricky situation is to get to window near Church balcony quietly to not wake up guard and also visit stationary neutral guard and rope up to balcony nearby to get loot. Also near a start there are 2 purses walking on street.

Return to start and use 2 rope arrows to climb to high wooden ledge. Go to vent, then climb to roof and jump to metal fence. Next drop on roof below, go to pipe and drop on balcony. It's the entrance to mansion, which is also easy to ghost. Inside you need to enter bedroom and grab key to the Crypts. Once you are there read note. 2 objectives will get cancelled. Grab 3 loot pieces here, open passage to well and rope up. Easy.

STATS:

Time: 0:28:18; Loot: 1910/2042
    Pockets Picked: 3/3; Locks Picked: 5

SUPREME GHOST: IMPOSSIBLE. It's impossible to close exit passage and go through it at the same time.

THE WOODEN BOX

1) BROKEN VARIANT

Short mission that features randomization. At least randomization should occur, but I guess scripts don't want to work for me correctly. I tried putting Wooden Box scripts into Thief 2 folder, into FM folder, the same with newest bundle of scripts, I reinstalled this mission few times and tried on both Tafferpatcher and T2Fix. I saw videos that it worked 5 years ago, but it doesn't work for me.

So this ghost run will be on not working correctly version of the game. That's really unfortunate, because it leads to some bizarre situation. Like you can grab keys in this mission, but every door is open. Loot pieces can spawn in each other. There is also no kill objective that fails if I'm too slow with getting to wooden box. That's why my first step will be getting to wooden box as fast as possible.

From starting point (which is only one, in working scripts version there are 3 starting points) I go along left rock to window leading to stairs. Then I chose SE door and used torch to open passage to Vault. Then I waited for people from nearby room to calm down. They hear explosion from wine cellar (there are mines and hunters are walking on them). I stood on right side of metal door, then ran into shadow in doorway. Waited for hunter to turn around, then dodged him from left and picklock wooden box.

It teleported me to different space. First I checked if no kill objective had failed. Since it didn't I continued this mission and did platforming for wooden box. I get teleported back to Vault. All hunters are dead and monsters, zombies and thief are fighting with each other. First I looted Vault and lean for loot on table in nearby room. Then I went to stairs. There is fight going there. I doused 3 torches and went to vent. Dousing 2 next torches allowed me to loot bedroom. Also tip - not touch red mushrooms, they summon red spiders.

In stairs room there was zombie mage stuck behind eyeball plant trying to shoot it, but missiles went through plant and alerted other AI. Eventually he managed to kill searching thieves and also enemies from 2nd floor has also died. This way it was possible for me to loot 2nd floor. Then I looted outside. I couldn't get purse from blood bath room and Wine Cellar. I think it would be possible to get all loot before mayhem if it wasn't failing no kill objective later.

STATS:

Time: 0:22:50; Loot: 3335/3932
    Pockets Picked: 0/15; Locks Picked: 1
    Bodies Discovered by Enemies: 7. Because of mines in Wine Cellar and later mayhem.

PERFECT GHOST: POSSIBLE, but only in version with working scripts.

2) HUNTERS VARIANT

One day after run I managed to find a reason of not working scripts. I just made mistake in copying files. So now mission works correctly. First of all, lots of doors is locked, some of them can be opened only with keys. Second thing is loot doesn't appear all in one place anymore, so there is actually smaller max loot than in not working version. Enemies this time can turn or start while sleeping. They aren't very sensitive like previously, some of them may not appear. And finally after teleporting, no kill objective doesn't fail.

From what I know there are 4 variants of the mission: Hunters Variant, Monsters Variant, Undead Variant and Thieves Variant. I'm playing Hunters Variant first, because I know it the best. So what has changed?

I can grab 2 bottles from outside table, because old hunter is turning around. There is no mines in Wine Cellar, so I can go along right wall and looted this place. Also exit from Cellar isn't barred anymore. In Barracks I jumped on window to unlock nearby chest. Stationary thief turns around now and sleeping hunter will wake up and go to window. Kitchen is easier to ghost, because hunter is sleeping. Hunter's Bedroom is empty now and the same goes with Office (with only 1 switch working this time) and Vault. After returning from alternate universe, I get teleported into blood bath instead of Vault.

STATS:

Time: 0:34:52; Loot: 2615/2615
    Pockets Picked: 7/15; Locks Picked: 11

3) EMPTY VARIANT

At the start I get Trolling Air Potion (no idea what it does). The biggest change here is there is no AI. The whole house is completely empty. Also there are burrick tunnels and there are traps and mines in Wine Cellar. And entrance to cellar from outside is barred. This time wooden box doesn't teleport me, instead I get Trickster's Head. Very weird variant, but also super easy to ghost.

STATS:

Time: 0:17:09; Loot: 2632/2632
    Pockets Picked: 0/15; Locks Picked: 8

4) UNDEAD VARIANT

Easy to recognize it, because of red torches. These torches can't be doused. First of all - hunters are also present, though there is less of them on picnic outside. You enter house and you will see battle between undead and hunters. Hunters will easily win. Burrick tunnels are this time populated by burricks. And there are mines in Wine Cellar, which kills skeleton.

The first thing I did I grabbed Hall key and run into 2nd floor. Using Hall key I entered dark barracks. Then I looted the rest of this floor. The biggest problem I had with Kitchen. I needed to douse fire in fireplace, then go along left side to shadow under fireplace, so I could grab loot from right table. I couldn't grab purse near blood bath. There is zombie in front of door, he hears my drop into blood and you can't go through door, because he's looking at it. I needed to skip candlestick and vase in Hunter's Bedroom, because necromancer is looking in my direction and there are red torches. This time wooden box did nothing.

STATS:

Time: 0:32:29; Loot: 2170/2420
    Pockets Picked: 4/15; Locks Picked: 6
    Bodies Discovered by Enemies: 1

PERFECT GHOST: FAILED

5) MONSTERS VARIANT

So all hunters are lying dead on ground. This is also the darkest version of this mission with different decoration. Also just like in broken version's run mushrooms summons red spiders. Mission is very easy to ghost. Spider people very easily get stuck under stairs. Also for some reason I get bodies discovered stat even though hunters starts dead, so they shouldn't be noticed by enemies.

STATS:

Time: 0:20:25; Loot: 2735/2735
    Pockets Picked: 0/15; Locks Picked: 7
    Bodies Discovered by Enemies: 1

6) THIEVES VARIANT

Again hunters are starting dead and again I get bodies discovered in stats. I would say this variant is combination of hunters variant and monsters variant. In other words - hunters are dead, but thieves are patrolling just like hunters before. The only difference worth noting is I couldn't find Vault key and secret passage in Office has no switch connected to it anymore. So I was forced to go through fireplace in Dining Room and douse fire in room near Vault, so thief wouldn't spot me.

STATS:

Time: 0:21:54; Loot: 2670/2670
    Pockets Picked: 0/15; Locks Picked: 10
    Bodies Discovered by Enemies: 2

THE ARTIFACT RETURNS

Short small mansion mission. Mostly easy to ghost, but it has tight loot objective. You are forced to grab 2 candlesticks from church and to do that you must mantle over metal railing on 2nd floor and drop down. To return you jump from alter and mantle on metal railing. In Office you can hide in wardrobe, Vault key is for nearby safe. Don't go into kitchen from this side, you can reach ring through window on the other side. To get bottles and goblets behind bar on 3rd floor, you enter from east side, wait for barkeeper to turn left, crouch and go for loot.

In Ruins you are forced to lure haunt on pressure plate, so he will raise gates (only he can trigger them, even Garrett's body doesn't work). This is a ghost bust. Torch switch will open last gate, but also kill haunt. I'm gonna excuse this, because it's impossible to progress mission without opening this door.

STATS:

Time: 0:25:49; Loot: 1631/1631
    Pockets Picked: 3/3; Locks Picked: 4

BLOODFLOWERS

Very short mission. I nudged guard slightly to get 1st key and loot from purple box. In room with Bloodflowers I needed to moss the floor and quickly grab this artifact. Sadly I couldn't ghost exit. There is 2 guards watching entrance in room with torches, but room just before it is well lighten with electrical lamps. So I used flash bomb and quickly ran outside, but that's a ghost bust.

STATS:

Time: 0:03:55; Loot: 265/265
    Locks Picked: 0

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4914151617181920 LastLast