TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: What are you gonna watch?

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    Very little in the way of jump scares, more just creepy (no pun intended) weirdness. Just cause it's found footage, don't be thinking it's ghosts or whatever as nope not at all.
    You need to clarify that Creep isn't creepy in the usual "oh geez, what's around the corner...EW BUGS" kind of way. It's creepy in the way that you're sitting next to someone on the bus who seems a tiny bit weird, but eventually a conversation gets struck up during the long trip, and things seem pretty alright up until he leans forward, smiles a big shit eating grin, and tells you that you smell like his sisters panties is creepy. I've long since become used to the usual jump scares and gore horror tropes, so it was pretty cool watching something that actually disturbed me a bit again. It's weird how someone who acts just off enough, seemingly benign, but somehow wrong can creep you out more than The Exorcist. Like a smile held for two seconds too long can give you the heebie jeebies worse than the best jump scare put to film.

I still need to watch the 2nd one.
    Last edited by Renzatic; 3rd Oct 2018 at 07:27.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Even though I was so-so on the new Creed VR game, I am looking forward to the new movie.

When I heard the plot was going to be the son of Apollo Creed taking on the son of Ivan Drago I was worried this series was going to take the same path the Rocky movies did, of starting out strong, then getting increasingly silly. But the trailer looks pretty great actually. Cautiously optimistic about this one.

Awww yeah. I'm always onboard for a Ferrell/Reilly team-up, and I love how they're doing this as stupidly as you might imagine.

Level 10,000 achieved
    The next Lego movie has a good subtitle and a good trailer and I'll probably watch it when it comes to Netflix or something.

The next Avengers movie has a kind of lame subtitle and a kind of lame trailer, but who am I kidding, I'm going to see it in the theatre anyway.

Level 10,000 achieved
    This looks tense.

Level 10,000 achieved

Yuuuuuuuup.

A portal to hell is mentioned, so it's got one up on the 2005 movie, I guess.

Still Subjective
    Wow that looks crud.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Yeah it does look like a made-for-TV movie. What is it?

edit: direct-to-video, apparently. https://www.polygon.com/2019/3/11/18...-movie-trailer
    Last edited by henke; 12th Mar 2019 at 01:50.

SShock2.com

What am I gonna watch? Tomorrow afternoon, I'm gonna go see Captain Marvel with my nine-year-old granddaughter. Not been to the movies with her since Star Wars: Rogue One. I assumed it was gonna be crap, but then Mark Kermode said it was actually pretty good, so I'm getting my hopes up. Just a bit.

I will relate my disappointment later. Or less likely, my enjoyment.

[Edit: Kermode link]

[Edit again]

I just realised, some genius at BBC iPlayer made the volume control max level not be 10. It's 11. As in "this one goes up to..."
    Last edited by Gray; 17th Mar 2019 at 00:25.

Yeeeah that got so common as to be cliché at some point.

SShock2.com

Of course it is. I just hadn't seen it there yet. Maybe I'm slow.

[Edit]

Curious that you focused on some quick throwaway comment about an app setting, not on the heartwarming story of two generations apart coming together to enjoy a piece of modern drama. "He was a man. A grumpy old fat man. One man, with a mission. She was a girl. A little girl. Together, they... JOIN, to... WATCH..... a... movie!"
    Last edited by Gray; 17th Mar 2019 at 02:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    Curious that you focused on some quick throwaway comment about an app setting, not on the heartwarming story of two generations apart coming together to enjoy a piece of modern drama.
    Oh, no, I'm sorry, I wasn't talking about the volume control, I meant your "piece of modern drama" was cliché.

...Just kiddin'...

"Up to 11" has a friggin' Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Up_to_eleven

My favorite is the fact that the IMDB page for This is Spinal Tap has the movie rated as 8.0 / 11 (instead of the usual "/ 10"): https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088258/

SShock2.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    Tomorrow afternoon, I'm gonna go see Captain Marvel with my nine-year-old granddaughter. (...) I will relate my disappointment later. Or less likely, my enjoyment.
    It was alright. Not as great as some people say, but I did enjoy the various Marvel references. Fun to see a de-aged Fury and Coulson, I used to watch Agents of SHIELD.

SShock2.com

Making plans now to go see the Pet Sematary remake with my stepson and his girl. I read the book way back in the 80s, saw the first film which was ok but not great. Funny to see King play a preacher. Loved the Ramones song written for the movie. Some reviewers claim the new one is the best Stephen King movie yet, but I doubt it, I've heard that before. I used to read a lot of his books. I'm guessing my point is that I'm mildly enthusiastic, but not yet won over. I'll relate my disappointment or happy enjoyment later, probably in just the one line, like with Cpt Marvel above.

[Edit]

Ramones link.
    Last edited by Gray; 30th Mar 2019 at 15:41.

Gray, the first Pet Semitary was was released as I was dating my to wife to be. It was cheesy... It was silly, but the little kid calling daddy on the phone was priceless. I love the “I played with Jud, then with mommy, and now I will play with you!” line. Probably not exactly as acted, but close enough. I hope the new flick will be good, but sometimes a reboot is not called for. Time and box office receipts will tell. Now excuse me, I have a lot of Jethrow Tull in my head and need to get another fix. Skating away.

My girlfriend and I are considering going to see Pet Sematary in the theater too. I'm a Stephen King fan who enjoyed the book when I read it many years ago, the trailer looks creepy and it's been getting decent reviews.

I quite liked the original Pet Sematary. The bits with the kid were freaky. Especially how he ends up. Ending was good too.

Cobra Kai season 2 is out this month. Definitely plan on watching that.

https://youtu.be/l4ORLoKl7VQ

Jim Jarmusch. Zombies.

Jim Jarmusch.
    Zombies.

Jim Jarmusch Zombies.

JIM JARMUSCH. ZOMBIES.

Oh wow, it's not an April Fool's joke, is it? Definitely going to watch that.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Yeah that's quite the cast. Jarmusch's output after Broken Flowers hasn't been all that spectacular tho. No Limits Of Control was boooooooooring. Only Lovers Left Behind, his vampire movie, was a bit better but not much(good music tho). Haven't seen Paterson. Still tho, hoping for the best with this one.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Also here's something that we're probably onboard with, yes?

HELL no. The last thing I want to see is Joaquin Phoenix pretending to be Heath Ledger.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 LastLast