TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: What are you gonna watch?

I'm onboard. Probably. Maybe.

Chakat sex pillow
    I'm onboard if they actually get all the elements required to get the audience to empathise with Mr. J. Truth be told he's better off and far more frightening with The Dark Knight's take: the Joker as an agent of chaos sprung fully formed from the void, raw entropy made flesh. But if they want to follow so closely in the tradition of Greek tragedy, then either the movie turns out as one, or the production of it does. It'll be interesting either way.

Level 10,000 achieved

Ooooooh. :U

I feel like this is just more confirmation of Moore's decision to reject all adaptions of his work and refuse money from them. I don't think the guy behind the Star Trek reboots, World War Z, Cowboys & Aliens, and Prometheus is going to be able to translate Moore's politics and message into a new story, or will even have any interest in doing so (in which case just make a new IP ffs). We'll see, though, but that teaser looked like something entirely different and was also kind of annoying.

Season 3 of Cobra Kai was announced this week and will screen later this year. So we get 2 seasons of a show within a year? Nice. Can't wait .

Quote Originally Posted by froghawk View Post
    I feel like this is just more confirmation of Moore's decision to reject all adaptions of his work and refuse money from them. I don't think the guy behind the Star Trek reboots, World War Z, Cowboys & Aliens, and Prometheus is going to be able to translate Moore's politics and message into a new story, or will even have any interest in doing so (in which case just make a new IP ffs). We'll see, though, but that teaser looked like something entirely different and was also kind of annoying.
    Lindeloff did a fantastic job adapting and then expanding The Leftovers. When he’s bad, he’s horrible, but he has also done some amazing stuff. At the very least I’m curious what he does with such rich material.

I liked the leftovers a lot, but that's the only thing in his body of work that I've enjoyed.

The final season of GoT)

real reviews https://scamfighter.net/review/edubirdie.com
    Last edited by Tim25N; 21st May 2019 at 04:25.

Be prepared for disappointment.

Still Subjective
    Why?

It's GoT.

It doesn't conform to your ideas about "traditional" or expected outcomes, and hadn't since before Ned was killed.

I've seen it all and it was great.

Chakat sex pillow
    This is just a beautiful trailer, and I have high hopes for the movie being an equally, if not even more lovingly put together experience.

Though its title is undone in the thumbnail alone.

El Shagmeister
    Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    Though its title is undone in the thumbnail alone.
    ¿Que?

"The Last Black Man in San Francisco" and there is 2 black men in the thumbnail.

It's like the video game "Plumbers Don't Wear Ties" which starts with a plumber who wears a tie.

Chakat sex pillow
    "The Last Black Man in San Francisco" and there is 2 black men in the thumbnail.

It's like the video game "Plumbers Don't Wear Ties" which starts with a plumber who wears a tie.

I can't help you.

Are you one of those people who feels the need to point out that The Dark Knight is inaccurate, because Bruce Wayne hasn't been knighted?

Chakat sex pillow
    I can't help you.
    This is true.

Still Subjective
    Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    Are you one of those people who feels the need to point out that The Dark Knight is inaccurate, because Bruce Wayne hasn't been knighted?
    Lol.

Come on icemann, stop being so dim.

It's just a name. Yeah, it's for effect. But it's not supposed to be a literal thing.

Whatever you do don't watch You Only Live Twice, Edge of Tomorrow, Last Tango in Paris or Bohemian Rhapsody!

Even taken literally, there could've been two black men in San Francisco and then one of them leaves.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Ready Or Not looks great and also this trailer kinda spoils too much of it so don't watch it. OK BYE

Moderator and Priest
    Comeon, Henke. At least show the redband trailer. MAXIMIZE THAT GORE!

And speaking of maximizing gore, for some odd reason, I've decided to follow up Chernobyl with The Terror. Taken together, it's like Jared Harris has been my personal tour guide through the depths of human suffering these last couple weeks.

Chakat sex pillow
    You're making a pun on Graham Gore, right? The Terror's one of the best shows of recent times, but because it's fantastic drama first and foremost, never mind the fantastical parts at the margins, or the gore. Also, Jared Harris is fantastic in everything (not to mention The Expanse apart from Chernobyl - hey, Anderson Dawes!), but he's doubly fantastic in The Terror.

The cast of The Terror is one of the best I've seen. Harris is brilliant, but it's Adam Nagaitis who absolutely wowed me, mainly because I don't think I'd ever heard of him or seen him in anything. And it's always good to see Tobias Menzies get to do something more than the haughty laughing stock he's often given. (Quick shout-out to Rome, in particular the first season, which also features brilliant performances by Ciaran Hinds and Tobias Menzies.)

Chakat sex pillow
    Fun fact: Nagaitis played Vasily, the unfortunate firefighter in Chernobyl. It was nice to see him and Harris again in the same production, even if they didn't quite share screen time. I despised his Mr. Hickey, but that just means he did a good job.

To be honest, the actor who played Goodsir, Paul Ready, was my surprise standout outside of the heavy hitters including Nagaitis. He tied the final arc of that journey together with his portrayal of one of the purest men in that crew. It's difficult to do good-hearted innocence so well.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast