TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New City Mission - in progress

New City Mission - in progress

I've been working on a new mission on and off. Have some screenies:

Hope you like the screenshots! It's still early days yet on everything that isn't terrain brushes so not sure on a release date just yet.

Looks fantastic, I love the idea of having a mission set in the evening time too.

Looking forward to its release!

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Looks great as always, Nick! We almost set the middle mission of Waterfront Racket at sunset, but it was just too out of character for the noir style, so we went with moonlight instead. There is however a mission in DCE which takes place at dawn, and I love the orange glow on the buildings.

City missions belong to my favourite missions. And yes, what a question, those screenshots do look good ! Looking forward to play your new mission

hell yeah looks great,please keep the sky lighter like that,sometimes i get a bit bored with the typical dark sky

That looks amazing nicked. I look forward to playing

It looks good as always. You certainly have a knack for presentation, nicked.

That looks really nice! You know where to find me if you need a betatester when the time comes.

Makes me want to see inside everywhere Beautiful!

Very nice.

Master Builder 2018
    Looking lovely, Nick! Your missions are invariably among my favorites (with the exception of Island of Madness ), and I'm really looking forward to this one.

as i look at last picture i think to myself i know i can jump that canal and make it

Can't wait

Looks incredible, Nick! Any information about the story you can share?

Looking beautiful!

Great screen shots. Really looking forward to the release.

lovin how this looks . very nice atmoshpere with sky and shadows

Loving the athmosphere, can't wait!!!!

Haunt's voice: "Publish... publish... publish NOW!"

Take your time with it, and make it as nice as these screenshots are!

I agree with everyone else here in that it looks great and raises my expectations a lot! The evening/sunset choice should create a very immersive atmosphere! :P I haven't been very active here lately on these forums, but I would like to take the moment and offer my help. If you need assistance in creating music/ambient for this mission, feel free to contact me. I've done some similar work before: The Hammerite Imperium campaign and The Black Frog series feature some of my music. So do let me know!

Looking forward to playing this and taffin' around!

I'm honestly impressed by the quality of your design!

However, I've got one question: is your mission a reloaded/remastered version of the Ambush-map?
    I don't know why, but some of your places really look familiar to me...

Quote Originally Posted by intruder View Post
    I'm honestly impressed by the quality of your design!

However, I've got one question: is your mission a reloaded/remastered version of the Ambush-map?
    I don't know why, but some of your places really look familiar to me...
    It's all built from scratch, but I'm glad if it evokes the original games! It's got a fair bit more verticality than the Ambush map too.

one last thing i will mention,i like when in a city there is at least one area with a dog barking also a door where you hear the people in the bar,but you cant get inside,but you can sit there and listen for a bit

and ofcourse dewdrop must be somewhere in city,also its been a while since i seen a mission where you can collect the 3 colored snakes and combine them,to get to a extra area

but one question i played every thief and i dont remember those being in game?

Looks great. Thieving by twilight, can't wait. Blackjack and lockpicks at the ready.

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    also its been a while since i seen a mission where you can collect the 3 colored snakes and combine them,to get to a extra area

but one question i played every thief and i dont remember those being in game?
    I also do not remember differently colored things to be stolen in order to gain access to some special area in the first three Thief games (I never played the fourth). However, something like this was present in at least two fan missions.

In one of the missions in Sensut's Bathory campaign, the player has to collect three ourobouros parts. Whether it was necessary or not I do not remember. But I remember another mission for Thief 1 or Thief 2 where the player could collect gold, silver and bronze pigs placed somewhere in the mission. Whether these were of any special use I don't know anymore.

I also remember something similar in one of the first three Tomb Raider games, most likely the second. The player could collect three small statues made of different materials in any level. I think collecting them all in the whole game granted the player access to some special place at the end of the game. But once again, my memory isn't very clear on that anymore.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast