TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Newdark Novice Contest - Forgotten Tomb (Feb. 22, 2016)

Where is this walkthrough?

Quote Originally Posted by rustmite View Post
    Where is this walkthrough?

The walkthrough is the 35-minute video by FenPhoenix earlier in this thread.

- prjames

I have 3 papyruses, all of which I've read, but the crowbar does not work on any name plate on the floor. I guess I haven't got the paper you mention. Where is it please?

it seems something is not right about maybe v1.1 that I play ? I started at medium dif. and only had 3 objectives.. after waching a bit of Fen's video I saw he had more objectives one of which was to find anothe way out so I changed difficulty in order (so I thought anyway ) to "have it all" ... but, no objective about the box and lockpicks, the horn doesn't make the burrick come inside and the objective "find a way to enter the tomb is not ticked yet One question also, the ancient holy water is for what? if it is for the tomb with the fire bolts down in the hole, I opened it with the holy water I already had in my inventory. Also, if the other way out is down there, I can't use it any more as the rope has fallen down the hole But, whatever... this is a great first mission..!!!

@Nightchild
    I got the same thing as you(broken scripts and obj).I reinstalled T2 with tafferpatcher(i installed scripts too).After that i have no problems with mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaratul View Post
    @Nightchild
    I got the same thing as you(broken scripts and obj).I reinstalled T2 with tafferpatcher(i installed scripts too).After that i have no problems with mission.
    thank you Zaratul!

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    I have 3 papyruses, all of which I've read, but the crowbar does not work on any name plate on the floor. I guess I haven't got the paper you mention. Where is it please?
    Marbrien, as you come into the church area go to the left wall, where is a small dark hallway which leads to two recesses with two big urns and nameplates on the floor

This was an excellent mission. Great job

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    The paper you're looking for cannot be taken with you. As mentioned before in the thread, it is somewhere in the section named "Embamed priests" in the church, where many open sarcophagi await you. Behind one of them, the one where a large hammer forms some kind of ramp, you can find that paper. After using it, it lands in the sarcophagus, and once you touch it there, Garrett can decipher a few words. After that, you know that you have to do something near the place where Duncan's ashes can be found. Your crowbar should come in handy, then.

This was awesome! Unfortunately I'm like 4000 short of loot, hopefully there's a loot list coming

And this is not a novice mission by any means

The walkthrough video shows a rock in the wall that can be removed but it wont highlight at all in my game.

nevermind... it became highlighted after I did something.
    Last edited by john9818a; 27th Feb 2016 at 21:24.

Ghost
    I have the ancient holy water, but I haven't found any horn. Neither can I find any substitute for a lockpick. Any clues, especially those of you who have finished the mission?

Thanks,

Dafydd

Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd View Post
    I have the ancient holy water, but I haven't found any horn. Neither can I find any substitute for a lockpick. Any clues, especially those of you who have finished the mission?

Thanks,

Dafydd
    The horn is in one of the sarcophagi, in a wooden box. You'll find a nail in the church area which can be used as a lockpick, it's next to a sarcophagus (there's a handful of nails there, and you can pick one up)

Ghost
    Ah, thanks!

After I found the nail, I was able to finish and escape.

Very nice mission.

Dafydd

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post

And this is not a novice mission by any means
    I believe you are right Azaran. Maybe the author is new to making Thief missions but not new to making missions in general. I could be wrong though. Either way this is an excellent mission.

Well - this mission was very impressive. I loved the countless details I found in this beautiful mission. Despite my computer was aching under the system requierents in the beginning, I never thought before of the possibilities of the "old thief engine". It just felt and looked like a "Dark Mod"-styled mission.

I also had to think around the corner to solve the riddles in this mission. Finding the wooden log to climb down the pit and searching there for another secret button to open the priest´s grave was tricky. I also died several times by the trap down there without knowing what was exactly going on (Extra death by nearly getting a heart attack - it is creepy down there...
    I also noticed at least2 zombies wearing rings.
    The loot placement here was amazing.

This mission is my favorite of this contest so far, great job.

Great mission, you'd never guess it was from a "novice." Love the ominous atmosphere, and the overall creepiness of the environment. I haven't quite finished yet, but I've seen enough to know I hope we get more missions from this author. Awesome job.

Gotta love the ending: "Hey buddy, surprise! You're not going anywhere"

Nice, nice. The "bad" ending could have been a bit more obvious (I needed a replay to understand what it meant), but maybe I'm too nitpicky for this. Everything else looked great, and it was a good small-sized mission.

nice mission

Oh The Builder!
    Sorry, bro, I did not vote for you, because I was able to play in this great mission only yesterday. But it's amazing. I wait from you more serious beautiful missions in the future. The main points that I liked: beautiful and unique textures; dynamic gameplay; unexpected turns in the plot; your attention to details (eg realistic design an hole in the floor). You are my new favorite author. You will go far.

I stole some of your design tricks.

Thx ST for good words, even too good.

I'm glad that you and other players noticed some details.
    Last edited by Kurhhan; 31st May 2016 at 18:36.

Can someone reupload the 1.1 version?

Anybody have a loot list for this mission? I can't believe I missed so much.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast