TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Coaxing The Spirit (26th March 2016)

Amazing first FM, Dale. After visiting that dark cave with the beasty sounds I think you would make excellent horror missions.

Help!

There was an explosion in the attic, I killed the intruder, I went to the boar, I got the letter thanking me for killing the intruder and telling me to use the lion at the painting of the sun to enter the room where I use a combo. I went to the painting of the sun - which is just above the painting of a female human/sea creature about to do something naughty to a male human/sea creature and I have the lion statue, but the painting of the sun doesn't frob, and I don't see any obvious locks or other things to frob nearby, (And I have the drums playing and the nasty gray smoke beasts patrolling the house and outside.) What do I need to do to get through this painting? I must be totally obtuse!

- prjames

Hint. You don't use it on the painting, look around you.

Outright spoiler: Look on the beam near the window.

Loving the mission so far, the plant objects are amazing, i would like to use some of them in a future mission. i am inside some caves with burricks, there´s a hole that leads me to a water river, however i can swim through at some point because the river draft pulls me away, how to i find the way to the other side?

can someone help me find the rune in the room where the black owl was I have looked everywhere

Never mind I found it right after I posted

Ok, I've been wandering around in the house but I can't open any doors and I have no keys.
    I have found the map, crowbar and cinnabar.

What am I supposed to do next? Would someone enlighten me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    Loving the mission so far, the plant objects are amazing, i would like to use some of them in a future mission. i am inside some caves with burricks, there´s a hole that leads me to a water river, however i can swim through at some point because the river draft pulls me away, how to i find the way to the other side?
    Hey

The river can't be used, it's only a way back. There is another exit out of those caves at the southern end but you need an item to be able to reach it - In the north part of the caves there is a stick that you can pick up and use to reach the exit.

Quote Originally Posted by frobbin hood View Post
    Ok, I've been wandering around in the house but I can't open any doors and I have no keys.
    I have found the map, crowbar and cinnabar.

What am I supposed to do next? Would someone enlighten me please.
    When you walk around the house from the outside, on the southern side there is a huge terrace. Rope up there and try to use the crowbar to enter from there

Quote Originally Posted by Dale_ View Post
    Hey

The river can't be used, it's only a way back. There is another exit out of those caves at the southern end but you need an item to be able to reach it - In the north part of the caves there is a stick that you can pick up and use to reach the exit.
    Thank you Dale, found it!

Thank you Dale for this excellent mission. The atmosphere and look of the mission are great. My only suggestion is to put more clues into the game about how to proceed. I found a few things for myself, but like others I had to get quite a bit of help from this thread. It's good that you are prepared to help people out on the forum, but for the player it reduces the immersion if they have to get help from others. Please bear this in mind when you create your next, even better, FM!

This mission is a truly gem, very immersive with an unique atmosphere. Thank you very much, Dale.

I need help. Been in several rooms of the house. The last thing I've done is stumbling through a trap door and getting dumped in an area with a werewolf beast. I killed the beast and now try to get out of this place. I have tried to build a staircase from two stone pieces and three crates but I can't seem to make it high enough to get out. There is what looks like a frobbable patch of dirt in a corner, but nothing I have reacts with it.

I have the oil lamp, three petals, the crowbar, two animal keys that I've used (pelican, bat), a sword, 3 rope arrows, some broadheads and an empty bottle

EDIT: Nevermind, there is a frobbable lamp on the wall that opens a passage.

I'm on it again, lovely mission!
    Last edited by jiansonz; 31st Mar 2016 at 17:48.

Okay, done quite a bit now. Found the pair of spirit amulets but won't pick them up just yet (until it's time to leave). I've done the optional stuff with runes and the saturn artifact and I've opened the cat door and obtained the map. I've also found seven triangle items and what looks like a triangular setting into where the triangles would probably fit. But I have absolutely NO clue where to start using these triangles!

A hint would be most welcome.
    Last edited by jiansonz; 31st Mar 2016 at 21:29.

Quote Originally Posted by jiansonz View Post
    Okay, done quite a bit now. Found the pair of spirit amulets but won't pick them up just yet (until it's time to leave). I've done the optional stuff with runes and the saturn artifact and I've opened the cat door and obtained the map. I've also found seven triangle items and what looks like a triangular setting into where the triangles would probably fit. But I have absolutely NO clue where to start using these triangles!

A hint would be most welcome.
    Where to use Triangles: Look in the basement next to where you fell through the floor into the wolf area.

Ok,

Need another bit of help.
    I have the serpent and a couple of triangles.
    I have heard a break-in and see the door broken onto a terrace but cannot find anyone.
    I have placed the lion statue.

1. What do I do next?
    2. I cannot find one of the glyphs. The hint says in the room with the ladder to the second floor. I must be in the wrong place, I have scoured the area.

Quote Originally Posted by frobbin hood View Post
    Ok,

Need another bit of help.
    I have the serpent and a couple of triangles.
    I have heard a break-in and see the door broken onto a terrace but cannot find anyone.
    I have placed the lion statue.

1. What do I do next?
    2. I cannot find one of the glyphs. The hint says in the room with the ladder to the second floor. I must be in the wrong place, I have scoured the area.
    Check out the area of the break-in, there should be a bottle on the floor.

The glyph: When you enter the house through the front door, turn left, and then left again, walk under the bed, you should arrive in a little room with a ladder leading up. Check the beam on the left side of the window.

Have you been to the room with the map on the table yet?

Thanks Dale_

Missed the bottle.

Thought I'd covered every inch of the little room.

Been the to the Map room, but very early on. I shall return there.

BTW, this is an excellent mission for atmosphere

Where to use Triangles: Look in the basement next to where you fell through the floor into the wolf area.
    Thanks! I had seen that symbol before, but I was too dense to make the connection.

The talk in the thread about a 'lever at the edge of the roof', was that for finding an optional artifact? If so, I would like more specific directions for finding this lever, as there are like 200 meters of roof edges around the house and I couldn't find anything interesting there.

Fantastic mission, spooky and lots of fun to play. The voice acting is superb, it adds a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by jiansonz View Post
    Thanks! I had seen that symbol before, but I was too dense to make the connection.

The talk in the thread about a 'lever at the edge of the roof', was that for finding an optional artifact? If so, I would like more specific directions for finding this lever, as there are like 200 meters of roof edges around the house and I couldn't find anything interesting there.

Fantastic mission, spooky and lots of fun to play. The voice acting is superb, it adds a lot.
    Thanks!

Yes, it's for and optional artifact. If you go to this let's play video at 4:40-4:45, you should see the lever: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePiZPFpdzlg

After much prodding from the posts in this thread, I have found Saturn and the thirteenth chamber. Now, I want to know: is the showing up of the intruder random, or is there something I can do to force it to happen? So far, no signs of damage in the upstairs hall or to the attic, no message about the boar of the open passage under the boar - what do I do?

- prjames

And just curious - does the warning message about the Fountain of Youth in the thirteenth chamber mean that the plot "stops" when you step into the water and you can never end the mission?

mmm... I think the one thing you have to do is place the Owls and listen to Anita again but you have obviously done that to get where you are. When the intruder arrives you will see damage and a potion bottle on the ground - to pick up - in the small hall to the left as you come out of the Pelican room.

I have the black owl, whre is the white owl ?

Quote Originally Posted by prjames View Post
    After much prodding from the posts in this thread, I have found Saturn and the thirteenth chamber. Now, I want to know: is the showing up of the intruder random, or is there something I can do to force it to happen? So far, no signs of damage in the upstairs hall or to the attic, no message about the boar of the open passage under the boar - what do I do?

- prjames

And just curious - does the warning message about the Fountain of Youth in the thirteenth chamber mean that the plot "stops" when you step into the water and you can never end the mission?
    Inspecting the break-in and picking up the bottle continues the plot - the thirteenth chamber doesn't affect it, you are always able to finish the game. The bottle is found in the corridor where the break-in occured. It was a potion that was mentioned in a book there earlier and picking it up and reading its name is the clue that helps Ortis conclude who the intruder is. Given the feedback on this, I probably should have made the events occur even without the player having to inspect the bottle but it just seemed to make more sense to me in terms of plot at the time.

As for what triggers the intruder, once all conversations took place, the intruder appears the moment you get close to the balcony through which he breaks in.

Quote Originally Posted by carlos schmidt View Post
    I have the black owl, whre is the white owl ?
    Have you used the petals yet? If not, you will have to do that first before being able to get the white owl. If you have done that already, examine the attic.

The runes and their locations: [...] on a beam in the room with leather skins hanging on the wall [...]
    can't find that particular room. am I being stupid or is it hidden? I know where the ceiling compass points me to and I checked that part of the house from top to bottom but to no avail.

please, provide minor hints first.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast