TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Coaxing The Spirit (26th March 2016)

I found a shovel and a lion statuette what do why do with these items?

Ghost
    All right, stumped again.

I got the crowbar from the basement. Then I roped up and entered the Wasp room; from there, I moved a table and got to the Ram room (and blew up a book). I also found a Pelican key. Opened the Pelican door, got a warning.

Thence, I entered through the front door, up the stairs, into a room with a purse that turns into a spider. A spinny thing sweeps the floor below; I escaped through a secret passage.

Somewhere I acquired a Bat key, too; I searched in that room but didn't find anything interesting.

And I found a bottle and filled it with rain water.

So now I'm sitting and pondering; what am I to do next?

The Waiting Man...

Dafydd
    Last edited by Dafydd; 4th Apr 2016 at 23:53.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Enjoying this FM, although I feel like I'm not really understanding what's going on, randomly collecting triangles and pressing any glyphs I see. Stuck at the moment though, maybe someone can nudge me in the right direction on a few of these? Hints as opposed to outright spoilers would be great.

Where is the white owl statuette?

Where is the key for the cat door?

What do I use the black pyramid painting for?

What use is the rain water?

How about the petals?

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    Where is the key for the cat door?
    It's inside that room. Get it from the other direction.

What do I use the black pyramid painting for?
    Nothing. It's one of at least three optional artifacts you can find.

What use is the rain water?
    For an optional recipe. Get enlightened in the kitchen with a zodiac floor painting.

How about the petals?
    It's explained in Anita's diary.

Cardia: You will be able to use both of those items as the story progresses. Now it depends on where you are with the main story and which places you have been to. Have you been to the attic yet? If so, have you read Anita's diary? There's a clue in there as to what to do. If you give me more info, I can give some more hints

Dafydd: You say you have been to the bat door? You should continue there, there's an obstacle that you need to overcome but everything you need for it is in that area. If you give me more info, I can give more hints.

Than you Dale, i have been in the Attic, read Anitaīs diary and i donīt remember any clue, i have also mad a globe work,does it do anything?

Ghost
    Dale_,

Ah, I got the door open. But when I walked across it, the floor crumbled and I fell into the wolf pit.

I have three crates, but I can't use them to climb up and out. I cannot find anywhere to place a rope arrow. Going from bad to worse!

Dafydd

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    Than you Dale, i have been in the Attic, read Anitaīs diary and i donīt remember any clue, i have also mad a globe work,does it do anything?
    If you follow the sound, it will lead you to something but it's only for an optional objective. The first page of Anita's diary mentions the clue. Direct spoiler: Anita's diary mentions flower petals. Bring them to her study in the attic and put them on her desk next to the glass orb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd View Post
    Dale_,

Ah, I got the door open. But when I walked across it, the floor crumbled and I fell into the wolf pit.

I have three crates, but I can't use them to climb up and out. I cannot find anywhere to place a rope arrow. Going from bad to worse!

Dafydd
    Explore that area a bit, there's a clue

Quote Originally Posted by Dale_ View Post
    If you follow the sound, it will lead you to something but it's only for an optional objective. The first page of Anita's diary mentions the clue. Direct spoiler: Anita's diary mentions flower petals. Bring them to her study in the attic and put them on her desk next to the glass orb.
    Thank you Dale, the grass object you made is amazing, can i use in my upcoming mission? i canīt find it in the thief objects repository.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    Thank you Dale, the grass object you made is amazing, can i use in my upcoming mission? i canīt find it in the thief objects repository.
    Absolutely, I'm planning to upload it all there.

About the grass object - there are two versions, a low-density and high-density. The low-density is good for small grass patches surroudning trees or corners. The high-density is intended to cover a larger area. Note that the high-density has about 1500 polygons so you shouldn't use too many of them in one scene, usually 3-4 of them are more than enough though

Absolutely, I'm planning to upload it all there.

About the grass object - there are two versions, a low-density and high-density. The low-density is good for small grass patches surroudning trees or corners. The high-density is intended to cover a larger area. Note that the high-density has about 1500 polygons so you shouldn't use too many of them in one scene, usually 3-4 of them are more than enough though
    sorry for being out of topic, this is the small piece of grass i would like to add the grass object:

http://postimg.org/image/bvghf7dz1/

well if youīre going to host it i might as well wait for it, since this upcoming project is likely to be finished only next year.

Is the
    spoiler:
    cinnabar in the house?
    can't seem to find it.

You're not. You need to find a lantern first
    & where would that be? I think I got to go back a bit... I'm in a cave with 2 dead trees and it's obvious I need rope arrows for the root in the ceiling of the cave in there... Heard the monster in a black cave nearby & doubled back outta there. I knew I needed a lantern at that point... How far back do I have to go to find the lantern?

Quote Originally Posted by Acolyte6 View Post
    & where would that be? I think I got to go back a bit... I'm in a cave with 2 dead trees and it's obvious I need rope arrows for the root in the ceiling of the cave in there... Heard the monster in a black cave nearby & doubled back outta there. I knew I needed a lantern at that point... How far back do I have to go to find the lantern?
    It's in the shed near the start.

Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxx View Post
    Is the
    spoiler:
    cinnabar in the house?
    can't seem to find it.
    Cinnabar: It's not in the house. It's in the area above the waterfall, close to the east exit.

Mission Finished in "normal" mode, i will replay this one someday in "Expert" and this time i probably will aid the two girls spirits if forced.

Overall i enjoyed playing this mission, Excellent level design, high quality textures, interesting sounds, and good conversations, even if there were a few words i didnīt understand.The atmosphere is great as well as the light. I love the new objects and the water effects and texture.The gameplay was alright but a bit hard. The only thing that i really felt that was missing was music/ambient music, it was too much silent, the house for example would have had a stronger presence and identity if it had singular ambient musics...but thatīs my opinion.

Overall a High quality mission and very impressive for a first mission.

Excellent Job Dale, Iīm looking forward for more

I tried on the top hinge, but when I go for the second the oil flask is empty. Where do I get more oil?

Ghost
    I've gotten somewhat further along: I opened the rusty door, fell down the hole, dodged the BBW, found the way out, climbed up, got a Frog key, found the attic and read the diary (I'm guessing that the important part is that Anita says flowers -- or petals? -- sooth the watery Samantha), found a partial skeleton near a secret passage, but didn't find the lever.

The lever for the escape route is on the right side of the openable cupboards (one of which has a glyph); follow the mellow brick road!

Arne Saknussemm -- oops, I mean Dafydd!
    Last edited by Dafydd; 6th Apr 2016 at 00:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Acolyte6 View Post
    I tried on the top hinge, but when I go for the second the oil flask is empty. Where do I get more oil?
    One hinge is enough, you can open the door now

OK...I can't find it....last triangle.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...psv2yoqxh0.jpg

SlyFoxx: If you go back from the house, go through the ravine and then turn right, you shoudl arrive at remains of a stone wall, the triangle is buried in front of it on the right, needs a shovel.

Araagh...silly me. I had found that one already. I must have not saved and reloaded without realizing. No wonder I was having trouble!

I'll do my best to nudge

Can I first ask where you stand on the main plot? I take it you have been to the attic. Can you tell me which readables you have read?

Glyphs: There are 7 glyphs in total and they unlock a bonus objective item. I could give you their positions if you want.
    Lion statue: It unlocks a secret room but it is not necessary to figure it out now because the plot will lead you there eventually.
    Cauldron: Try to light the candle in that black kitchen where the cauldron is.
    Goat door: This one never opens because you can access the room through a tunnel. I believe you've already been there.
    Cat door: Contains a secret and is difficult to crack because the key is inside. You can grab it through the window.
    Triangles: These will become clearer as the plot progresses, again, I can tell you more once I know exactly where you stand.

Hope it helps
    Cauldron: With what do I light the candle?

Cat door: What window?

The lever by the skeleton: What did I open?

You get that combination towards the end. If you don't have it yet, it means you have to do other things first. If you let me know more about where you are, I can give you some hints.
    Standing right in front of the combo panel. Can I just get the numbers?

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast