TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Coaxing The Spirit (26th March 2016)

T2 FM: Coaxing The Spirit (26th March 2016)

I'm delighted to be finally releasing my Thief 2 FM: Coaxing the Spirit. Thanks to all my betatesters for the help and I hope you taffers enjoy it.

Description:

You play as Ortis, an adventurer and explorer. The story takes place in the same universe as Thief but in a different location. For more of the story, watch the intro movie. The gameplay is a bit different and relies mostly on exploration, attention to detail, story, and atmosphere. There are puzzles and there are enemies, but you are not a thief and there are no rules - break a door, stack crates, anything is allowed. It is a rather challenging FM and needs to be taken slowly. Keep looking up, keep using rope arrows, and don't rush through it unless something chases you.

Requirements (before you start playing):
    - make sure NewDark 1.23 or higher is installed
    - turn the slider on your ambient volume down to about one fourth in relation to your master volume. You can set this in menu > options > audio.
    - make sure Fogging is on. It can be found in Menu > options > video.
    - new_mantle is required but the installation should enable it automatically (so even if you have it turned off in cam_ext.cfg, it will work)

Languages:
    English, French, Russian (see readme for installation instructions)

Credits:
    The readme contains a complete list of credits but I'd like to take a chunk of space here to thank all the betatesters - John9818a, Lili, Gloria Creep, Ravenhook, Dev_Anj, Undead Gamer - and the great translators, who also did a lot of betatesting: Soldi and Apiai.
    Lastly, I'd like to mention at least a few from the long list: Nameless Voice, whose scripts are a delight to work with, Sliptip, whose effects could compete with today's modern games, and Noor, whose art gave it a soul.

Download:
    Google Drive
    Southquarter Mirror
    Darkfate Mirror (thanks clearing!)
    Taffer's Paradise Mirror
    flying_hope's mirror

March 28th - Updated to v1.1
    If you already started on the previous version, you don't need to go back and update, just read the bug warning below.

Version 1.0 bug:
    In the room with a dragonfly on the door, it is possible to pick up an invisible object with no name and break an optional objective - if you pick this object up, please reload an earlier save. This is fixed in 1.1
    Last edited by Dale_; 1st Apr 2016 at 18:07. Reason: updated to v1.1

Clearinghouse
    WOW! Congratulations Thank you, Dale!

Yihai ! Congrats on the release Dale !

Congratulations and Thank You Dale_, been looking forward to this one

How exciting! Congratulations on the release - thank you for something to do on a wet, soggy afternoon.

Nice!

I have the first question. Am I supposed to get up in that hole after freeing the tree bark from the heavy rock? I'm trying to mantle for like 15 minutes now but can't do it.

Ticky: Have you found rope arrows yet? You are supposed to get up there but it's much easier after you find rope arrows. There's a little tree branch high above.
    Last edited by Dale_; 26th Mar 2016 at 12:24.

Congratulations on the release Dale , i canīt wait to play this mission as soon as i return home from my eastern holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale_ View Post
    Ticky: Have you found rope arrows yet? You are supposed to get up there but it's much easier after you find rope arrows. There's a little tree branch high above.
    All right, I think I'll try to get some, but the place I'll get it from is quite horrific! Thanks

You mention the installation will enable new_mantle. I'm wondering whether there is anything you can think of that might stop zooming in and out from working. It works on all other missions that I've tried. I haven't yet upgraded to 1.24.

llanita had a similar problem with another mission earlier in the month so I'll post in her thread if you haven't any ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    You mention the installation will enable new_mantle. I'm wondering whether there is anything you can think of that might stop zooming in and out from working. It works on all other missions that I've tried. I haven't yet upgraded to 1.24.

llanita had a similar problem with another mission earlier in the month so I'll post in her thread if you haven't any ideas.
    Zooming in and out is deliberately disabled because the character is not Garrett, so it wouldn't make sense for him to have a mechanical eye

This is a great present for this weekend Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Dale_ View Post
    Zooming in and out is deliberately disabled because the character is not Garrett, so it wouldn't make sense for him to have a mechanical eye
    I forget that's why I can zoom!

This is very good, Dale, I'm enjoying myself immensely. I absolutely detest blanket darkness even with a lamp!

Congratulations on the release! I've really been looking forward to this one.

Congrats Dale_ and thank you - can't wait to dive in

Where are the rope arrows located?

Quote Originally Posted by cavador_8 View Post
    Where are the rope arrows located?
    Inside the cave where you can hear the monster. The entrance to this cave is near the glowing tree.

I knew you were going to say that. I was hoping that they were not in there though. It's completely pitch dark in that cave and I get killed every single time i step foot in there. How am I supposed to find arrows in complete darkness?

Quote Originally Posted by cavador_8 View Post
    I knew you were going to say that. I was hoping that they were not in there though. It's completely pitch dark in that cave and I get killed every single time i step foot in there. How am I supposed to find arrows in complete darkness?
    You're not. You need to find a lantern first

Really nice and congrats on your first release. Downloading Looks like a big file :O

Dale this is AWESOME ! I've been playing for about 30 minutes and wanted to comment on how breathtaking it is!!

Quote Originally Posted by pwl View Post
    Dale this is AWESOME ! I've been playing for about 30 minutes and wanted to comment on how breathtaking it is!!
    Thanks, glad you like it

Superb Dale_, just superb.

But am I meant to be able to swim up the water after the burricks? I did get past the fast flowing water, just, only to run out of air before I got to the other end and there doesn't seem to be a way up by the pillars

Edit: I found a useful tool
    Last edited by fortuni; 26th Mar 2016 at 15:10.

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    Superb Dale_, just superb.

But am I meant to be able to swim up the water after the burricks, I did get past the fast flowing water, just, only to run out of air before I got to the other end? and there doesn't seem to be a way up by the pillars :(
    Thanks,

That fast flowing river is only one way so you can't travel against the current.

Hint: There is another exit from the burrick caves but it's high up and you'll need something to get up there.

Outright spoiler: Use the stick you find near the first burrick and put it up on the pile of rocks next to the elevated cave exit.

Where do I find a lantern in order to get in the pitch black cave where I get killed?

Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast