TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Announcing Thief: The Black Parade, a campaign for Thief Gold

Click the image for a higher resolution.

Hello taffers!

We have some really good news for you: The Black Parade is entering its final phase of development! This is when we are starting to wrap up level design and start briefing and cutscene production proper. While we can't communicate a release date yet as there is still a lot to do, we are pretty confident we're starting to see the finish line. That being said, do not expect a release this year.

To celebrate, we decided to share quite a lot of media today, starting with this incredible poster made by the one and only Dominus! You can also find below the intro video made by Mensch as well as 8 brand new screenshots and 4 briefing pictures!

As always, it's done when it's done.

Watch on Vimeo for a higher quality version: https://vimeo.com/455512221/ae8b673635

Click the images for a higher resolution.

And here are the 4 briefing pictures, painted by the incredibly talented WhaleOil!

Last edited by skacky; 7th Sep 2020 at 16:25.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Looks amazing as always! Really looking forward to playing this when it's released!

What I can say - it's great that it is near completing (for some time in the past I feared that it was completely abandoned due to IRL and two Anniversary Contests - I'm glad i was wrong) and those screenshots and pictures look very nice.

H Y P E D !

Looks like an ambitious project, its looks amazing from the screens and its new features. Im really excited to play this sequel.

Excellent.

I can not close my jaw anymore and I believe I got TMJ syndrome by looking at these stunning images.

Poslano z mojega SM-G960F z uporabo Tapatalk

Can't wait to get my rope arrows ready. Stunning work.

Thank you, Skacky and team, for the wonderful preview...It's good to hear things are still moving along...

Foaming........

Looks awesome!!

wow looks so amazing if i may ask what time period does this missions take place? pre thief 1,during thief 1,post thief 1,pre thief 2,during thief 2 or post thief 2,pre thief 3,during thief 3 post thief 3

and how many missions

and yes i need to know if dewdrop is in game?

Can you please not^

Very excited for you guys, congratulations on reaching the final stretch!

^dont make me move to france ,cause i will and i will bring dewdrop with me,and we both will become french citizens

https://imgur.com/a/W9DRmDo

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Everyone please chill out and keep things on topic. I'm not in the mood to have to delete posts today.

That all looks excellent. Thanks so much for the work and I look forward to playing it whenever it is time!

Sorry being out of topic , but PsychOsis and Yandros location are displayed as being in France. I guess im not the only taffer who moved to France

i hope there is enough cheese for all in this campaign :3

Well that artwork and those screenies just made my Tuesday morning a little brighter. So bloody excited for this one. Or ten really.

Like everyone else here, I'm eagerly looking forward to this campaign. The artwork especially looks impressive.

I dare to have one minor criticism though - please don't ban me for this... I wish the lights had a colour. I know you aim to be faithful to Thief 1 visual style, but all the lights in the artworks have some colour. All the light textures like lit windows and lamps do have a colour. So why do the actual lights are neutral white? You do go for a fog, which was not in T1 and which makes that city scape looking amazing, so why don't you just add the colour to the lights, to make it more atmospheric? I'm sure you also make use of other ND improvements like higher polycount etc... so it's not a pure T1 experience anyway.

But as I said - everything else looks impressive! Keep up the good pace at the last leg of this run!

Damn...I totally missed this! So great to see that you guys make alot of progress and stay focused...we are all so excited for this and I really appreciate all the creative work you put into this, back in the days this would count as an official add on trailer to Thief because it breathes all the details and convidence!

Quote Originally Posted by PinkDot View Post
    I dare to have one minor criticism though - please don't ban me for this... I wish the lights had a colour. I know you aim to be faithful to Thief 1 visual style, but all the lights in the artworks have some colour. All the light textures like lit windows and lamps do have a colour. So why do the actual lights are neutral white? You do go for a fog, which was not in T1 and which makes that city scape looking amazing, so why don't you just add the colour to the lights, to make it more atmospheric? I'm sure you also make use of other ND improvements like higher polycount etc... so it's not a pure T1 experience anyway.
    This is purely a stylistic choice. We deliberately went with only white lights to replicate the cold and gritty atmosphere of the original game while letting the textures themselves add some color to the world.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast