TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls III: Scholar of the First Spoiler Filled Dark Souls III Thread

Moderator and Priest
    Damn. That flying stickmonsters cheap shot totally robbed you of your flawless victory. I'd be angry.

Makes me want to try a magic build now. And here I was thinking that I would put DS3 to be bed until the DLC...

I'm actually very close to that boss now and am looking forward to seeing how I far against him this time on NG+ (using melee though). As mentioned before, I died at least 10 times attempting to kill him on my NG playthrough.

I wasn't surprised at getting shot, they have a tendency to nuke you when you're about to win. I don't like them tbh, and I don't like how the boss arena is designed so that they are out of your view most of the time, making their attacks all the more difficult to avoid. The Armour itself seems like a reasonable boss on its own, not as fast and annoying as some others and most of its moves can actually be dodged without precognition. I only fought him melee in NG, but it wasn't that bad. Took a few tries of course.

As for magic, that road is a complicated one. You can focus fully on INT and become a powerful glass cannon halfway through the game, but such playthrough will consist mostly of running past everything grabbing only the necessary items. If you want to be survivable, able to use some basic weapons and actually explore and loot the areas, you need to spend stats elsewhere too and you'll only become a proper mage about at the end on NG. I only felt like I'm starting to kick ass in NG+.

Went back and re-explored some earlier sections and found among other things an entire new area and boss that I had missed before because I didn't have the correct gesture.

TBH I was expecting just to get a covenant for doing this so this was quite a surprise.

Nice work. Those guys with the swinging chains can be pretty tough.

There's another more deadly boss to get through yet towards the end of the area.

Quote Originally Posted by twisty View Post
    Nice work. Those guys with the swinging chains can be pretty tough.
    Thanks.

There's another more deadly boss to get through yet towards the end of the area.
    I'm at that fight right now. I can kill the dragon easily enough as long as it doesn't do the fly up in the air and cover the floor with fire move too much but haven't had much luck with the boss himself so far.

I summoned help against the Nameless King and was lucky enough to beat him on my first attempt (NG). If the person I got to help wasn't so good it would have probably been a very different story. Looking forward to trying him solo this time round.

On another note, I just solo'd Dragon Armourer on my second attempt on NG+ but Game DVR failed to record again, which is incredibly annoying given how inconsistent it has been. Speaking of that battle, I left my own summon sign at the fog gate to try and learn his moveset better but got stuck behind it 3 times in a row, resulting in some cheeky soul farming instead.

I just beat him solo .

I put on the best physical and lightning resist equipment I could have while still having a fast roll and still ended up using all my estus and came very close to dying.

I'm currently uploading a video of the fight but for some reason it's taking much longer than my earlier videos despite being half as small than most of them...

Quote Originally Posted by salass00 View Post
    I'm currently uploading a video of the fight but for some reason it's taking much longer than my earlier videos despite being half as small than most of them...
    It's up now:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEz4tCgEjTo

I just got back into Dark Souls 3 and defeated Deacons of the Deep in NG+.

After having recently played a bit of Witcher 3 I had some trouble pressing the right button to attack at first (drinking estus instead of attacking) but fortunately this didn't cause any deaths for me at least.

Also this time I ran into a person wearing Siegward's armour. He tried to talk like Siegward using the same phrases that he uses but I recognised that his voice was different. I guessed (correctly) that it was Patches so I killed him and took the armour to give back to Siegward.

Aww, you needn't have done that.

Patches would try to screw you up one more time at Firelink, but as always, it's a laughable attempt. He then becomes a merchant and not only can you buy Siegward's stuff off him, but he can also rescue Greirat if Sieg's not available.

Well I bought pretty much everything I wanted to buy from him in NG so I didn't really care too much about losing him as a merchant and he was standing next to one of those narrow bridges so I didn't feel like taking any chances.

Apart from this one time and in Demon's Souls when I'm doing Mephistopheles' quests I don't generally kill Patches because his attempts to kill you are usually pretty half hearted and also quite amusing to be honest.

FS are planning to make a major announcement on the 24th of this month re DS3. Hopefully it will be in regards to the upcoming DLC.

Moderator and Priest
    Why can't they just tell us now?

Nothing like a little bit of hype hey? Announcements about announcements is only the sort of thing you can get away with when you've got some kind of cult following going. Still, I'll be tuned in all the same .

DLC trailer:

Moderator and Priest
    Thank god it's coming out in October. I was afraid they were gonna announce it for the first of September, while I'm still in the middle of playing, like, everything else ever.

Never thought I'd say something like this, but this year has been TOO good a year for games. I need a break to catch my breath here, people!

Possibly back to the Painted World again, as speculated in this IGN video, based on what looks to be what's left of the painting in Anor Londo, as well as a stairway leading up to the castle featured in the PW.

Moderator and Priest
    It definitely has that vibe, and the name does somewhat give it away. The IGN video does a good case of selling the idea, so...we'll see.

Though it wouldn't surprise me if From decided to use the last two DLCs of the series to give us all some fanservice. The Painted World was one of the best areas in DS1, so I doubt anyone will complain if we're given a greatly expanded upon version of it to play through one last time.

El Shagmeister

Sooooooo, I bit the bullet, double-dipped and bought DS 3 for the PC.

In case anyone wants to co-op sometime. <3

I added you on Steam, I'm in if you want some jolly coop, even though it probably won't happen due to the timezone difference. But you never know.

I gave up my blind shieldless run on the Abyss Watchers. The second phase is quite the fight if you play aggressively like in Bloodborne. The fire really messes with your dodging when you dodge into his attacks. Very punishing if you don't get your timings absolutely perfect.

El Shagmeister

Currently fighting the King of the Storm and the Nameless King solo. I've also solo'd every other boss. I believe Champion Gundry was the one that gave me the most trouble so far. Nameless King doesn't seem he'll take too many tries to kill compared to him. I do wonder how hard the final boss of the DLC will be....oic.
    Last edited by MrDuck; 26th Nov 2016 at 09:15.

Moderator and Priest
    I'll say this much in regards to the last boss of the DLC, Duck: steel yourself for a long, long fight.

El Shagmeister

Bring it!

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast