TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls III: Scholar of the First Spoiler Filled Dark Souls III Thread

I haven't experienced myself but just googled "white Circlet grayed out" and came across this thread: https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp....ndroid-samsung

^yes, I've read about the ban too, but I don't get any such message at start. Also I should've noted I'm on PS4. If I'm being softbanned because other people disconnect on me then it's not a very fair system IMHO.

If you were banned for cheating, you would've received a message. If you were banned for DC-ing, you would be able to use the Circlet. It's neither, so it's either something with your internet, or the game acting up. Has this been going on for a long time? I've heard of temporary connection problems before.

^third day now. I just started the game and now I can see signs again! Last time I don't remember exactly how long it took, but less than week. Nothing has changed in my connection, and there's actually nothing I can do to change the connection itself since I'm on a cell-shared LTE.
    My guess is it was the game seeing I got disconnected from the host enough times and put me into some kind of "penalty box" for a couple of days.

Never mind it was the hosts initiating the disconnection.

My plead to other players is: Please, if you get invaded, don't disconnect! In fact, try out invading yourself, it can be fun!

In fact, try out invading yourself, it can be fun!
    Seconded.

As far as players disconnecting goes I don't mind so much if they disconnect just as I invade, although players who are that afraid of PvP should really be playing offline IMHO. What's much more annoying is when the other player disconnects just as they are about to die, taking your victory from you. This actually happened to me once while invading in Demon's Souls.

OK so now I start to think it can be something player initiated. There I was, invading in Irithyll, past Pontiff, as a purple. I figured I'd try out this neat idea I saw somewhere: Wear the ring that makes you look like a white phantom (Untrue White ring) and slumbering dragoncrest ring so you won't make any sound. Then, cast hidden body. Ta-da, now you look like a ghost.

Anyway, I'm in the courtyard with the giants, and there's a red just sitting there behind a boulder. He does't react to me even as I wave at him. I run into the Pontiff entrance and there's a mean looking ganksquad. Three of them, armed with the biggest friggin' weapons you can get. They realize my disguise.

I start running. I run back into the courtyard and now there's an Aldrich Faithful who starts attacking me. I go into the inventory and take off the Untrue White ring. He stops attacking. We start heading back into the entrance and the ganksquad is now on the stairs leading to the courtyard. Fireballs start flying and we start running back. On my way to the tower I equip the Obscuring ring and think that we invaders need to organize somehow.

I loose track of the Aldrich Faithful while running all the way up to the silver knights. I equip my bow and the Hawk ring and start shooting at the ganksquad who are now fighting some invaders down below. As I watch invaders drop one by one down there, I figure all I can do is continue my guerrilla warfare, shooting arrows from above. Maybe that may lure them up here to the silver knights. But no, what do I get: "You have been disconnected from the host". And then... No signs anywhere. Not able to invade. Nothing.

I realize I played like a dick, but what was I supposed to do? This is bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by MorbusG View Post
    I realize I played like a dick, but what was I supposed to do? This is bullshit.
    You could have gone in slashing and died like a man (if you're lucky you might even manage take the host with you), or if you don't want to give them the satisfaction of killing you you could have used the black separation crystal to return to your own world.

Usually I go for the former but once when I noticed I was up against the same spawn ganking three man crew that I had invaded about ten times before in a not very long time span I used the crystal and then went to a different area to do invasions.

^It was kind of a rhetorical question. Because your answer sounds like: "If the host doesn't like your playstyle, he can disconnect you. Not only from his/her world, but from all multiplayer connectivity for a period of time".

Which you have to admit sounds retarded. Also I've read somewhere that using black separation crystal carries penalties.

This time though everything went back to normal the very next day. So I don't really know what to make of this. I guess my connection can't really be ruled out, even though it functions otherwise normally (I watch youtube videos at the same time from my laptop for example).
    Last edited by MorbusG; 11th Feb 2017 at 18:16.

Because your answer sounds like: "If the host doesn't like your playstyle, he can disconnect you. Not only from his/her world, but from all multiplayer connectivity for a period of time".
    I never said anything like that. The host disconnecting (by ripping out their network cable I assume) only means that the connection to their world is lost and you get sent back to your own world.

Also I've read somewhere that using black separation crystal carries penalties.
    Like what? I've not noticed any penalties and I've used it about two/three times.

Black Crystal doesn't carry penalties. You only get that for cheating or disconnecting. Btw, I somehow don't think that a gank squad host would rip out his internet cable to get rid of you, more likely he just blocked you on PSN. I don't actually know if that kicks you out right at that moment, but IIRC you can't invade people who blocked you.

Although the fact that your connection problem exists for a day and then fixes itself makes me think that it's probably something with your connection, maybe combined with the game's netcode acting up in some way. Just a guess though.

Quote Originally Posted by salass00 View Post
    I never said anything like that.
    And I never claimed you did.

Quote Originally Posted by Malleus
    Black Crystal doesn't carry penalties.
    Thanks for the info. There were speculations about that, and I guess noone but From knows for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Malleus
    more likely he just blocked you on PSN
    This sounds very plausible. Didn't even know one could do that, so thanks again for the info.

Moderator and Priest
    After all this time, I finally decided to take on The Nameless King.

That was easily the best fight in the entire series.

El Shagmeister
    Wait, what?

I thought you killed him on your first playthrough, d00d.

I'VE BEEN LIVING A LIE! (Of my own creation, it seems)

Moderator and Priest
    Nope! I all but wienered out on fighting him until today.

El Shagmeister

Et tu, Renz?

Whelp, the important thing is that you eventually fought and killed the bastard. Awesome fight, no?

Moderator and Priest
    Oh yes. It was so grand.

If I had to nitpick, I'd say that the fight with the dragon at the start was a bit of a waste. Looked impressive, but I was able to get it's pattern down to a science within 3 tries. It ended up feeling like the game spinning its wheels before the real fight with the Nameless King, which was awesome from start to finish.

Though I guess the dragon was a little different in the sense that the best approach is to always stay in front of it as much as possible.

El Shagmeister
    I don't mind that the 1st part against the King of the Storm is more easily predictable and not a test of endurance and reflexes that is the second part. Warms you up for the REAL DARK SOULS, UNF!

But yeah, The Nameless King is indeed a sexeh fight.

Whatcha think of Sister Freide fight? I killed her on a spanking new playthrough, not NG+ (Can't imagine how painful that would be).

ON THE OTHER HAND...I'm currently on a NG+++ for Bloodborne and I want to do the DLC. Dis gon hurt a lot, neh?

Quote Originally Posted by MrDuck View Post
    Whatcha think of Sister Freide fight? I killed her on a spanking new playthrough, not NG+ (Can't imagine how painful that would be).
    My first time through the Ashes of Ariandel DLC was on NG++, I did the fight solo and I found it really hard. I did finally win though after numerous attempts.

I will probably be doing the second DLC in NG+++ as that's where I'm currently at with my main character.

El Shagmeister
    That must have hurt.

Yeah, I soloed here and every other boss in the game. 'Twas fun, albeit a pain at times.

I just defeated Sister Friede on NG+3, this time with the help of Slave Knight Gael.

Man, today I popped my Nameless King virginity. I haven't done him on any of my previous 7 or so characters because of the developer messages before the bell (something like: "If you ring the bell, nothing will remain the same."). I got intimidated by those for this long. And you guys had me hyped up, and unfortunately, for me, the fight was rather anti-climactic; I was already over SL100 because I forgot really badly the INT requirement for crystal magic weapon as 60 instead of 30. Don't ask me how, I don't know. I was even so sure of it, I didn't even check online.

Bottom line, I got him on first try on my spellsword character of all things. I got one summon for the fight who appeared to be a pure caster who used soulspears, which was the other spell I brought, too. He was a total pushover for me, unfortunately. I was mentally prepared to redo the fight a 100 times. I should stress here that I don't consider myself a good player by any stretch of imagination, so this gives me hope in that I could buy the Ariandel DLC (I've been putting that off because people say the final fight is so difficult).

But anyway, just wanted to thank you guys for inspiring me to finally give it a go.
    Last edited by MorbusG; 17th Mar 2017 at 18:18.

a pure caster who used soulspears
    That guy knew exactly what he was doing, because that's NK's main weakness: range. It's obvious in the first phase, but his AI in the second phase is very passive, so if you can keep your distance, you can remain relatively safe while pummeling him with ranged attacks while he slowwalks towards you. Btw, AFAIK ringing the bell doesn't do anything permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by Malleus View Post
    That guy knew exactly what he was doing, because that's NK's main weakness: range. It's obvious in the first phase, but his AI in the second phase is very passive, so if you can keep your distance, you can remain relatively safe while pummeling him with ranged attacks while he slowwalks towards you.
    Well that was a lucky coincidence then that I used my Darkmoon longbow to de-aggro him from the summon. I figured keeping distance would be a good way to get a feel of the fight. I didn't get to see how much the summon did per soulspear, but for my char I think I get somewhere around 1k without going too heavy on spell-buff gear (magic clutch ring for example drops the defenses pretty harshly, so I wasn't wearing that). I should note that this was on NG.

Quote Originally Posted by Malleus View Post
    Btw, AFAIK ringing the bell doesn't do anything permanent.
    Man, that was some next-level trolling, then. Well played, From, well played

Moderator and Priest
    You wieners! I got all up in his face, and beat him up with a sharp object. LIKE A MAHN!

El Shagmeister
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    You wieners! I got all up in his face, and beat him up with a sharp object. LIKE A MAHN!
    YAAARRRRR!

But yeah, I once helped in a fight where someone ranged the guy, and was a pushover. I guess, there's something epic, hard earned, when you beat a boss like that solo and up close and personal. Go Morbius!

And Sister Friede was a pain in da butt, but still a fun and challenging fight.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516 LastLast