TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New TDM mission The Accountant 2: New In Town (2016/05/09)

New TDM mission The Accountant 2: New In Town (2016/05/09)

Author Note:

Thank you for downloading and playing the sequel to Accountant 1: A Noble Home this FM picks up right from where we left off in accountant 1.
    This is the second part in my five part series following Corbin on his journey to discover who and what the accountant is.

This mission is a little different to what you may expect from a Thief mission but still has plenty of classic Thief moments as well. This is the largest mission I have ever built with an average play through lasting between 2 - 3 hours.

A few aspects in game are different to what you may expect as well and those are:

- Candles are pinchable (frob to put out instead of pickup)
    - Food has been hot fixed so now it heals you for 10 health points when eaten
    - Doors that are missing handles means you cannot enter that room/building
    - All secrets are hidden before you enter the sewers

As a little piece of fun trivia there is a small cameo in my mission from a very special guest. He is a longtime voice actor in the industry and you may know him from roles such as Deckard Cain in Diablo, Captain Price in Call of Duty, Elder Lyons in Fallout 3, or just about any Nordic character in Skyrim.

In addition to all of the fantastic people who have helped me along the way I have personally spent a lot of time, effort and energy devoted to bringing this out to you all so I hope you can enjoy the fruits of my labor and have fun!

https://mega.nz/#!uRglwQIT!VMZ66xeQR...2loSObQ8NS_-A0

Congrats, and thanks so much!

Ok tried downloading it, but it stopped at 90% with an 'out of memory' error.
    I have 16 GB of memory, so not sure what that is...

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    Ok tried downloading it, but it stopped at 90% with an 'out of memory' error.
    I have 16 GB of memory, so not sure what that is...
    I'm not sure what the issue is there, perhaps try using a different browser? I just downloaded the file myself and had no problems
    Last edited by goldwell; 9th May 2016 at 02:49.

Thanks so much, I appreciate it. I'll try a different browser in the meantime

Clearinghouse
    Congratulations!

Ok it worked fine with Chrome

Glad to hear it

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    Ok it worked fine with Chrome

My Mega cloud drive has not worked with Firefox for awhile, no update or downgrade will fix it. I get same memory error downloading anything from mega in Firefox.

It's weird, I downloaded a 4 gb file a month back with no issues from it...oh well, Chrome it is from now on

Here we go! I sure am scared of rats!

I harumph..had to spend an unhealthy amount of time in the shower...umm admiring the artistic view...until the wife caughtme.
    Having trouble with the portrait puzzle...

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenhook View Post
    I harumph..had to spend an unhealthy amount of time in the shower...umm admiring the artistic view...until the wife caughtme.
    Having trouble with the portrait puzzle...
    In regards to the portrait puzzle here are some tips

General spoiler
    There is a painting in Johns apartment that relates to whats mentioned in the book

More specific spoiler
    The painting is located in the bedroom, the book has four lines representing the first four digits of the safe code. By using the two you can work out the code.

Johns safe code

Congrats. Very nice fm.

Thank you...
    I had 0351 Great mission by the way, nice to be able to eat the food like in the old thief fm's.

Thank you, i'm glad you both enjoyed my mission!

In regards to the healing edible food, I thought it was odd that it didn't heal you in TDM and as it turns out it's actually a bug which is due to be fixed in 2.04. One of the programmers for TDM sent me through a hotfix patch so people could enjoy it without having to wait for 2.04.

In addition to that a lot of my mission was inspired by Thief 2 fan missions I've played and healing edible food always helped me when I was playing

Well, I know what I'm doing tonight now....Thank you!!!!!

It is a huge mission, with scary surprises, I haven't found all secrets but it's the kind of missions that I play again with pleasure. I also enjoyed dialogues Great Goldwell!

I've finally found the time to play and what can I say ?

+ W-whoa! Now that's what I call a briefing!
    + You really got a knack on how to make luxurious penthouses and all. The contrast between the lower apartments and the upper floors is really cool!
    + Speaking of something cool, the upper gardens and Grimwold's bathroom were among the coolest places I've ever seen. Excellent!
    + Asymmetrical architecture, crooked corridors, claustrophobic air vents... You found how to break the cube compared to Lord Edgar's Bathouse and Noble Home
    + Lot's of neat little touch, like the flower vases and cleverly placed loot. They made the mission subtly more darker, like the buried golden skull in the greenhouse
    + Excellent atmosphere, well placed musics and sounds (well, except from the gramophones... but I digress). I really, really love Shadow Sneaker's music.
    + Every places feel like they have their own stories. That's what I loved the most with this mission.
    + Loved the kafkaesque ventilations shaft that connected the safehouse to a factory to a noble houses to an underground study to another appartment complex. That just doesn't make any senses ! and that's why I loved it.
    + Nice naked female model
    + Tense patrol routes, but alternate path to avoid them.

- Somehow I was really bothered by the lounge music, I'm sorry but modern music is a real breaker for me.
    - Sometime the readables got an audiolog feeling. I know this is difficult to avoid so I don't complain very much.
    - Why did you make a sleeping guy with a purse ? I was obliged to wake him just to whack his head right after to obtain it! M-muh perfect ghost and all
    - I think like the mission could have been better if it ended right after the sewers; the second part felt like you've had enough and wanted it to end. Especially in the mines
    - The invisible monster whose gaze is red is criminally underused

Anyway, I didn't manage to find the ingredients on how to make the pagan orb. A hint maybe ?

How do i open the door near the valuable jar that has dispensable flowers?

Sometimes the mission freezes when entering in combat with ai creatures.

Nice mission btw

How did you get Michael Gough to star in your FM? :P
    Really enjoying the FM so far, by the way, especially the conversations.

Quote Originally Posted by Squadarofl View Post
    I've finally found the time to play and what can I say ?

+ W-whoa! Now that's what I call a briefing!
    + You really got a knack on how to make luxurious penthouses and all. The contrast between the lower apartments and the upper floors is really cool!
    + Speaking of something cool, the upper gardens and Grimwold's bathroom were among the coolest places I've ever seen. Excellent!
    + Asymmetrical architecture, crooked corridors, claustrophobic air vents... You found how to break the cube compared to Lord Edgar's Bathouse and Noble Home
    + Lot's of neat little touch, like the flower vases and cleverly placed loot. They made the mission subtly more darker, like the buried golden skull in the greenhouse
    + Excellent atmosphere, well placed musics and sounds (well, except from the gramophones... but I digress). I really, really love Shadow Sneaker's music.
    + Every places feel like they have their own stories. That's what I loved the most with this mission.
    + Loved the kafkaesque ventilations shaft that connected the safehouse to a factory to a noble houses to an underground study to another appartment complex. That just doesn't make any senses ! and that's why I loved it.
    + Nice naked female model
    + Tense patrol routes, but alternate path to avoid them.

- Somehow I was really bothered by the lounge music, I'm sorry but modern music is a real breaker for me.
    - Sometime the readables got an audiolog feeling. I know this is difficult to avoid so I don't complain very much.
    - Why did you make a sleeping guy with a purse ? I was obliged to wake him just to whack his head right after to obtain it! M-muh perfect ghost and all
    - I think like the mission could have been better if it ended right after the sewers; the second part felt like you've had enough and wanted it to end. Especially in the mines
    - The invisible monster whose gaze is red is criminally underused

Anyway, I didn't manage to find the ingredients on how to make the pagan orb. A hint maybe ?
    In regards to the Pagan Orb, it is the only ingrediant you need (you just have to drop it in the pot where you read the book about the mage discussing it) as for it's location (general spoil) Try searching the attic where you will find a book on a certain god called Ojun and the exact location spoiler Up in the attic with the cultist book, if you stand with your back to the chest look to your right behind those boxes there, there will be a little path carved out and there you will find the orb, then the journey of carrying it back to the mages house begins, it can be done but just make sure you place it down say on the window ledge and so on until you reach the pot, drop it in and prepare for a little special thing

Oh and as for the ending I admit I got a bit carried away with feature creeping in this mission, all my future missions will only be small to medium sized from now and the music well.. i'm a sucker for smoothe jazz! I was going for a bit of the out of this world Thief fm thieves guild style feel

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    How do i open the door near the valuable jar that has dispensable flowers?

Sometimes the mission freezes when entering in combat with ai creatures.

Nice mission btw
    I'm not sure what you're referring to sorry. Which floor/room was the jar in?

Quote Originally Posted by skacky View Post
    How did you get Michael Gough to star in your FM? :P
    Really enjoying the FM so far, by the way, especially the conversations.
    Glad you're enjoying it Skacky! Michael Gough? who said anything about him being in my mission :P
    Last edited by goldwell; 10th May 2016 at 21:44.

Beautiful mission .Loved the layout,the atmosphere and the ambient sounds .Was lol atthe funky music the priest was gambling to killed me

This is the door im talking about:

Is there a mirror for the download of this mission? I'm not downloading a program I know zilch about, and the other option keeps trying to read everything from my computer and send stuff over. So... pass! Any mirrors, please?!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast