TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T2X and Newdark?

T2X and Newdark?

So I haven't played Thief 2X since the Old Dark days, and was thinking of starting up again. Does it work fine with NewDark as it is, or is there a NewDark executable specifically for it? I couldn't find a thread about it

Ricebug has a NewDark patched version of T2X on his webpage.Here's a link
    http://www.bogadocious.com/thief.html

There is also a version to that works with the Necroage on the forum post for that mod if that floats your boat.

Thanks a lot!

Your welcome and enjoy.The funny thing is I just finished another playthrough of T2X using the NecroAge version just last night.

I'll probably try that one

I feel it might be justified to resurrect this, because the link to the new version of T2X which works with NewDark, is dead and I have only been able to find other dead links on TTLG for it. The T2X website still just has the original 1.1 installation exe.

Does someone have a working link to the version of T2X that can be loaded as an FM in the newdark patched Thief 2?

This is the version I used.

EDIT: Never mind, it's not there anymore. I do still have the zip I believe. Maybe I could upload it for you?

The NewDark version of the mission is the second link here on DarkFate: https://www.darkfate.org/view/detail...ons/thief2/t2x

That link didn't work for me. Not sure if the problem's at my end, mind you.

I'll try to upload my T2X zip later tonight.

EDIT: Here you go! I haven't played T2X in a long time but this worked perfectly the last time I played it. Please inform me of your experience with it.
    Last edited by The Black Cat; 6th Dec 2018 at 04:21.

Thanks!

Imagine I'm an idiot and know nothing. To place this T2X, it must be with other Thief FMs, in a dedicated FM directory? And, to play said FMs, I use DarkLoader? Which is better, the exe or the ZIP? If ZIP, where should that live? Sorry so many questions. I feel the notes for these programs leave out just enough info for dumbasses like me.

Place the zip I linked above into whatever folder you use to store Thief 2 FMs. The Thief 2X exe won't work with a NewDark Thief 2 installation. Launch it with FMSel or NewDarkLoader. DarkLoader is outdated. If you want to use FMSel, go to your Thief 2 directory, open cam_mod.ini, find the line that reads ;fm and remove the ;. Close it and launch Thief 2, and FMSel should start. If you want to use NewDarkLoader, download it and follow the readme instructions.

Thanks a lot. I'll give it a shot. I used to play T2X on Windows 7 just with Thief 2 installed, nothing else. Now, I want to play the old Thiefs with the modern texture packs, etc. Which leads me to my next general question: if T2X will be loaded as a FM, will all this work with Tafferpatcher?

T2X will work with Tafferpatcher, and it is required for this specific version of T2X, but I'm not sure if T2X can use texture mods. Someone with more knowledge will need to answer that. I know the Necro Age mod can be applied to T2X but I'm not sure how to do it. You could try asking how to use texture mods in T2X in their respective TTLG threads.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Cat View Post
    T2X will work with Tafferpatcher, and it is required for this specific version of T2X, but I'm not sure if T2X can use texture mods. Someone with more knowledge will need to answer that. I know the Necro Age mod can be applied to T2X but I'm not sure how to do it. You could try asking how to use texture mods in T2X in their respective TTLG threads.
    sounds good. Thank you.

I hope Azaran won't mind me butting in on his thread...

I recently started T2x too, and had to upgrade it to New Dark, or it wouldn't work. Thanks to advice from these forums, I got the campaign working beautifully by replacing game files with those fit for ND.

However, now when I return to the original game, TMA, it looks absolutely terrible. The baby spew skybox is back, all doorways are pitch black, as in nothing can be seen at all, and the graphics in general have regressed back to the ways of old What gives?

What do I need to upgrade? Before I messed with the T2x files, my TMA was updated with ND already and looked and worked great. Why should it change so abruptly? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    How did you install T2x?

Quote Originally Posted by Unna Oertdottir View Post
    How did you install T2x?
    Tafferpatcher.

EDIT: It had a working New Dark until I started fiddling with the T2x files in the FMSel folder.

You can't install T2x with Tafferpatcher. I assume you used FMSel and started "fiddling". What does that mean?
    Is there a folder for T2x in /FM? Then just delete it. Or did you put the T2x resources into the main folder?

You can't install T2x with Tafferpatcher. I assume you used FMSel and started "fiddling". What does that mean?
    Is there a folder for T2x in /FM? Then just delete it. Or did you put the T2x resources into the main folder?
    Sorry. I misread it as "how did you install T2?"

Yes, Tafferpatcher for T2. Then I copied the T2x files I'd downloaded on their site, put them in the FMSel folder, and then upgraded them with the T2x New Dark files. So, T2x works--T2 no longer does.

But no, I didn't put the T2x resources in the T2 main folder, just T2x's own folder in FMSel. So, there shouldn't be any overlap. Yet, my T2 reverted back to the original version without New Dark.

I don't know what's wrong. Maybe a config file.
    Make a copy of the installation and install this
    That's the upgrade to ND 1.26.

I don't know what's wrong. Maybe a config file.
    Make a copy of the installation and install this
    That's the upgrade to ND 1.26.
    I couldn't DL the file. My antivirus software blocked it. Is this available anywhere else?

BTW, you're amazingly helpful, Unna. Thank you so much for everything

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    I couldn't DL the file. My antivirus software blocked it. Is this available anywhere else?
    Disable the AV temporarily, modern antivirus programs flag a lot of false positives

It did not work. I replaced the files, and now the whole game won't work. My computer refuses to open the game, saying the files are compromised and its trying to protect my system. If I force the issue and do open the game, it looks exactly the same as before. Same baby spew skybox, same bad graphics of old, etc. Nothing has changed for the better, only gotten worse

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast