TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314

Thread: Prey (2017) - Arkane Austin

Level 10,000 achieved
    Finished my replay of Prey. Still good! Tho it's definitely strongest in the early parts and it kinda started dragging towards the end. Trying to do every sidemission I came across was a mistake. This time I blew up the station and escaped with some of the crew. I've got a savegame near the end, think I'll go back and try getting the "just neutralize the typhon" ending. I think this is Arkane's best game storywise, and gameplaywise. It's just great all around!

ZylonBane
    Prey's greatest weakness, IMHO, is that there's not a single character on the station that I care whether they live or die. Everyone is either annoying or background noise.

System Shock gave us freaking SHODAN.

Prey gave us a mumbling fat guy.

Is there an Arkane game where the player character isn't the most interesting character? Looking back, it sure seems like most of the mystery/interest in their games is focused on the person you're controlling. The NPC's in Prey are also certainly weak compared to their other stuff, which seemed to have at least a few entertaining NPC's. I think the only character besides the protagonist and his brother that I even remember, 5 years later, is Danielle Sho and that has more to do with her name than her personality.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314