TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: New FM program: NewDarkLoader version 1.5.8

Quote Originally Posted by Stingm View Post
    Edit:The only thing that changed was having to format and reinstall windows 10 and stuff.
    What impact could such a minor thing possibly have caused?

..and stuff.

Well 1.51 don't work either, I tried with log=1 as well. Heres the log:
    Log file: 7/2/2017 6:10:05 PM
    Game: C:\games\Shock2\SHOCK\Shock2.exe
    Archive Path:
    Installed FMs: C:\games\Shock2\SHOCK\FMs
    Selecting in table: FM=

and the error:
    ************** Exception Text **************
    System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: index
    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
    at NewDarkLoader.Form1.selectLastPlayed()
    at NewDarkLoader.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1648.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    NewDarkLoader
    Assembly Version: 1.5.1.0
    Win32 Version: 1.5.1.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/games/Shock2/SHOCK/NewDarkLoader.DLL
    System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1647.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1647.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
    System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Edit: I tried removing that fan mission from last time that caused it. Arboretum and it still fails. I left Log=1 there.

It's reporting that your archive path is blank. When that's the case NDL is supposed to show the Setup window to make you choose. Edit the ini file again and see if ArchiveRoot is set to your fm zip file location.

Well you won't believe this but I got it to work. For whatever reason it didn't like the fms folder. I created a folder called fan missions instead of fms and cut and pasted everything but the ini and log files over. Should I leave those files in fms or move them too?

Hey R Soul

I’m a long time DarkLoader user and I’m in the process of remastering one of my old Thief 1 FMs with NewDark.
    Therefore, I installed and tested my FM with the FMSelect and with NewDarkLoader.
    The translation team told me, that NDL showed them the wrong info file.
    I have 4 file (standardInfo.txt, FMInfo-De.rtf, FMInfo-En.rtf, FMInfo-Fr.rtf)

So, I tested it myself with NDL 1.5 and I can choose one of the 4 files. But if I select a different FM before choosing anything, NDL will choose automatically the standardInfo.txt for me, without me doing anything. The testers told me, that they immediately saw the FMInfo-De.rtf without any drop-down menu to choose from (and they don't understand German at all).
    Is this a known problem? I read that before version 1.5 there wasn’t even a drop-down menu to choose a specific file. Also, is it possible to change the file after you choose one? (or NDL choose the wrong one for you)

The NDL looks great. Really good job with integrating the FMSelect into it, but the language file thing bothers me if some thief players get the wrong language file. Can’t this be tied to the selected language like in the old DarkLoader?

Best regards

Until 1.4.8, NDL would have chosen the first rtf file, or if none existed, the first text file, and saved the filename in NewDarkLoader.ini. Upon selecting that FM subsequently, NDL will use the value from the ini file.

The selected filename is saved in NewDarkLoader.ini. As long as that value exists, NDL shows that readme. It can be changed by right clicking the FM and selecting Edit FM Details.

I've run a brief test and found some odd behaviour. Try this version:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/gnm4tr...oader1.5.2.zip

Stingm
    I'm still not sure about the problem you had. Can you tell me your exact folder structures for NDL and your FM archive and installed FMs folders?

I can’t see any changes in Version 1.5.2.
    The drop down will not appear if there is only one FM in the folder. It chooses automatically the .txt file (but I guess you know about that issue already)
    If I have multiple FMs I can choose the readme in a drop-down menu, but when I change to another FMs without choosing a file, the NDL chooses automatically the .txt file.
    The .txt file contains all 3 languages, so it’s a good compromise if everyone would get it as the standard readme file. Is this the default in version >1.4.8?

The problem I see is that some players will still have the NDL version 1.4.8 or lower, so they will always see the German .rtf readme file. Is there something I can do about it to prevent that for NDL users with an old version?

Overall, the best solution would be to pick the right .rtf file based on the language settings made in the setup menu. If it is not presented in that language than pick the FMInfo-En.rtf or .txt file. That would be the less confusing option for the normal player. Or at least make the “change readme file” option more visible with an additional button under “Toggle Full Screen Readme”.

@Stingm problem:
    I get the same problem like him, if I choose the standard “FMs” folder generated from TFix_1.24b.exe
    I made a clean Thief 1 installation from CD, patched it with TFix, extracted the NDL zip file into the main folder and changed the launch option for the thief.exe. When I type the path to /FMs in the NDL setup I get those exceptions too.
    Maybe it’s a T1/TG and whatever patch for shock2 problem only? Maybe everything works as intended for T2 and Tafferpatcher.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkThief Darek View Post
    The problem I see is that some players will still have the NDL version 1.4.8 or lower, so they will always see the German .rtf readme file. Is there something I can do about it to prevent that for NDL users with an old version?
    Just my $0.02, but I wouldn't worry about what happens to people who don't keep their software up to date, beyond a note in your announcement thread that they need the latest NDL in order to see the correct readme.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkThief Darek View Post
    I can’t see any changes in Version 1.5.2.
    Possibly related to me uploading the wrong version.

Try this:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/48l1w1...oader1.5.2.zip

Before running NDL, remember to open NewDarkLoader.ini and remove the InfoFile entry for your fan mission (or the entire section for it).

I've tried it with own TG and T2 installations (TG modified by TFix, T2 made with Tafferpatcher), both with a dummy FM with readmes with the same filenames you chose, and a couple of token mission files. In both cases I see a choice of readmes, with my choice being remembered the next time I try.

My TG folder is C:\Games\ThiefG
    My FM Archive Folder (where downloaded FM zip files are stored) is C:\Games\TGFMs
    I've used the default installed FMs folder (for me that's C:\games\ThiefG\FMs) and a custom one (C:\Games\InstTGFMs) and not had any problems. The 'installed FMs' folder is where NewDarkLoader.ini is stored.

Give the real 1.5.2 a try, and if you still have problems, enable logging and post the contents of the log file (see post 250)

My file structure is the same as yours. With just the change for shock 2 that worked. I will get 1.52 though. Can I move the files or just leave them where they are??

1.5.2 Feedback

I'm not getting any info file, nor have I ever seen one under NDL.

Here's the directory of the FM I'm playing. As you can see, there are several .rtf and .txt files.

And the error detail:

Clicking the 'Continue' button only recycles back to the error dialog and won't let me close NDL.

I think I know what may be going on here.
    When you've install the previous version of TROTB 2 Beta, did you uninstall it before replacing it? The reason I ask is because I see some old files listed in one of you pics.

You don't have to uninstall FMs in NDL before installing more. I have the last four TROTB2 betas still installed and don't have this problem. I think something is wrong in your NDL setup, Ricebug, which R Soul can probably figure out from your error.

It's most likely what Dahenjo said. I don't get any readme or info files showing up on any FM I select.

I see. I should check this version out. I'm still using an older version (I think it's even v1.00).

The error message was caused by a bug with the filter being saved before the program closes. I looked through the code and saw a couple of poor choices which have now been changed.

Try this version:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/8q1hzq...oader1.5.3.zip

I'm not sure about the readmes. You say you've never seen any readmes. Can you remember the oldest versions of the program you used? And if you get any more error messages, please tell me the circumstances under which they occur, e.g. when the program starts, or when an FM is selected, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by R Soul View Post
    Can you remember the oldest versions of the program you used? And if you get any more error messages, please tell me the circumstances under which they occur, e.g. when the program starts, or when an FM is selected, etc.
    Since NDL launched as a beta, I've never seen an INFO file, .rtf or .txt. Never gave it too much thought.

Once I do the setup, NDL captures the FM folder and displays everything EXCEPT the text file describing the mission in focus.

EDIT: The new version works great. All missions now show the INFO data. However, it won't show the INFO on the mission I'm currently working with. Probably needs a refresh of some kind.

Now if a mission has several languages, the ReadMe window just shows a list: FMInfo-De.rtf, FMInfo-Fr.rtf, FMInfo-En.rtf, etc. Clicking on one of the list items sends the info to the ReadMe preview pane. That's sorta nice.
    Last edited by Ricebug; 28th Jul 2017 at 09:17.

Try removing that mission's entry in NewDarkLoader.ini. If it still doesn't work I'd be willing to look at the mission myself. It may be sufficient to just have the .txt, rtf and html files.

When I did that, NDL stopped showing the mission from the archive path altogether. So I deleted the first config lines in NDL.ini, pointed it to E:/Thief2/FM's (where all of 2017's FMs have been extracted by FMSel), and it showed up. The readme, however, did not appear, as before.

Hi all,

I'm just wandering why the fan mission "Embrassing the enemy", wich filename is embrace.zip, isn't listed by NDL. I'm in the latest version.

Thanks

Did you hit the Refesh button?

Yes, the mission was always there, just noticed the issue yesterday.

Enviado desde mi F8331 mediante Tapatalk

It shows up for me. Do you have any dates in the filter at the top? NDL calculates the release date from the 'last modified' date of the readme file, but for this FM the date is 1980.

You're right, I had the default date filter for year 1999. I put that on blank and the mission showed up.

Thanks for your time my friend.

I've started using NewDarkLoader 2 weeks ago, and I'm loving it, but I have an issue.

My problem is that it wouldn't open fan missions in Dromed properly. When I press "edit XY" I get an empty Dromed screen with the name of the mission in brackets, but I don't anything at all. What makes it even weirder is that after I installed the program it was working properly for a few days, but one day it simply refused to open the installed missions and I have been having this problem ever since. Any ideas for a solution?

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 LastLast