TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NEW T2 FM: Dreamlord, Mission 1: Time is Gold by Zoro (7 September 2016)

Clearinghouse

NEW T2 FM: Dreamlord, Mission 1: Time is Gold by Zoro (7 September 2016)

The story takes place a short while before The Metal Age...

I received a message today. Someone wants to meet me to make a special request. He, or she, offered me a decent reward which I couldn't refuse. So, I came to the meeting point tonight and a strange, purple-cloaked figure with a mask approached me...

Victor: Are you Garrett?
    Garrett: So you're the one who wanted to see me? Let's get straight to business - what do you need?
    V: Hehe, as you wish. I hoped to have a little chat with you first but you don't really like talking, do you?
    G: Enough. What do you need?
    V: I need you to return something that belonged to me - my family pocket watch which was stolen by a former colleague.
    V: When I was a member of the Overwatch of Time - an order of scientists and engineers, I was framed by a man named Jerricko. He's also the one who stole my pocket watch.
    V: The villain has his own motives. I don't actually know what he was thinking about when he dropped me into that conflict with the brethren. But Father Bishop, the leader and founder of our... that order believed his romantic fairytale of my irresponsibility, and I was removed.
    V: Having lost my reputation, I didn't want to see any of my former brothers... or sisters. But still... Jerricko has taken the artifact. I would've asked someone to kill him to take my revenge, but... it won't make anything better.
    V: Now I want only one thing, the return of my family treasure - the pocket watch.
    V: If you're willing to help me, I'll tell you more details about the artifact and where to find it. Don't worry, Mister Garrett, I'll pay well for your work. And to prove it, I'd like to pay you part of your reward right now.
    G: So this little watch is that valuable to you? You could've asked someone else to do this job.
    V: You're a master thief, Mister Garrett. I wouldn't trust this job to anyone else, as Jerricko's estate is well protected by the knights of the Overwatch of Time.
    G: I see... Alright, I'll do the job for you.
    V: Very good, Mister Garrett, very good! Listen carefully now, as I won't repeat it. I'm going to tell you everything you need to know about the mansion.

He handed me a map showing where I can find the artifact he wanted to claim, just to the east of The City, surrounded by the mountains and woods. He then told me to meet him underground, in the Sunnyport Opera Theatre which was opened not long ago by a rich noble, Lord Barrymore, and built by some members of a new religious group called The Mechanists.
    Hmm, lucky I know how to get to the mansion the short way. Looks like an easy task indeed... I hope.

Download: http://download.darkfate.org/fan-mis...TimeIsGold.zip
    Screenshots: http://darkfate.org/view/simple/file...ld/screenshots

Mirror: http://www.taffersparadise.co.uk/thi...TimeIsGold.zip
    http://www.southquarter.com/download...TimeIsGold.zip

Thank you, Zoro!
    Last edited by clearing; 12th Sep 2016 at 07:38.

Congratulations on the release Diego

Thanks clearing, congrats on the release Zoro!

I didn't expected a new release Will play as soon as i can and congrats!

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Поздравления Zoro!

A nice surprise; thanks, Zoro! And did I read opera house?... I love those.

What a wonderful present for my birthday!!!!! Thank you Zoro!!!!!!

I'm enjoying this. I'm playing on Hard (because I dislike ghosting), and I'm lacking a green gem. I thought I had been everywhere too. Any clues as to its location please?

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    I'm enjoying this. I'm playing on Hard (because I dislike ghosting), and I'm lacking a green gem. I thought I had been everywhere too. Any clues as to its location please?
    You should check the end of the hall opposite of the vault

Just a heads-up for the pickpockets, Zoro: arrows on bowmen count as pickpockets.

Quote Originally Posted by InfinituS View Post
    You should check the end of the hall opposite of the vault
    If you mean the spider cave, I've been in there. But the gem I found in there was, I think, the yellow one. I'm lacking the green one.

Fun mission so far. I am probably nearly done. I just need to get the watch. I have the amber and aquamarine gems, but need the red and green ones. Playing on hard because I too do not like black jacking restricted, but considering how this FM plays out, it would have been OK. I have not found any secrets and I am wondering if there are any. Many of the rooms are empty. It is sort of strange to me to have to pick a lock to enter a room, only to have it empty of loot, messages, and/or other goodies. Maybe I am really missing something. Well, I am missing 2 things

I can help with one of the two things you are missing.

The red gem is in the fountain outside, but you need a key from a chest on the top floor to get it. The green gem I can't find.

I can also tell you that on Hard there is one secret. It gives you a "familiar artifiact" , for which I have yet to find a use.

OK, I found the green gem. It's floating in the air in the great white-walled hall with 4 massive columns, near the chandelier. You have to stand underneath and frob the anti-levitation scroll.

Nice mission! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    If you mean the spider cave, I've been in there. But the gem I found in there was, I think, the yellow one. I'm lacking the green one.
    Oh, my bad. I can see you found the solution later though. Took me a while to notice that as well

going to try it now,grats on release

Forgot to mention Eshaktaar in objects, in readme (the gem models) Asked to update the readme into the fm.

Thank you, everyone! Even though the FM isn't perfect, and as myself, I see there's many things to improve now (for example, the rooms), but I really didn't want to abandon this one.

mission complete i enjoyed this mission, and the easter egg paying tribute to that other fan mission from back in the day was epic,hope to see a part 2
    Last edited by downwinder; 7th Sep 2016 at 17:17.

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    ok need some help where is the scroll of levitation i got the unlevitate and see the green gem
    In the library, in personal reading room.
    To use it: stand below the green gem (should be center of rhombus marble floor in the dance hall) and frob it. Once It's successed, the gem will fall down, so if you don't want to make a noise, consider placing moss onto floor, on a spot where supposedly it should fall.

yeah i figured it out,after i posted

thank you for making a cool mission

Man I was needing this Thank you so much Zoro!! BTW this is a really GREAT mission!!! outstanding!!

just stated this mission. blew my ropearrow, so I did a reload quicksave.
    only thing ..... I didn't have a save yet.

to my suprise I ended up somewhere inside and with a ghost objective?? ( I played on normal)

when I look in the saves list there is no saved game, also not a quicksave.
    don't know what you did there, but kind of strange.

Yeah, this mission comes with a saves folder already, and inside that folder there is a quicksave file dated 31-08-2016.

ok, that explanes

off pllaying some more

Quote Originally Posted by bassoferrol View Post
    Yeah, this mission comes with a saves folder already, and inside that folder there is a quicksave file dated 31-08-2016.
    Whoops! Damn, didn't notice that. Thank you for noting!
    Haha, and I thought I fixed everything after I deleted "screenshots" folder from the FM archive

[upd] Yeah, checked it myself. I really "shipped" it out with a "saves" folder and a quicksave inside. Hoping this isn't a big issue.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast