TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Does anyone here play Minecraft?

Does anyone here play Minecraft?

Hey guys,
    Yeah, I know it's been awhile since I posted anything and you might have thought I was dead (or hoped so...?)
    Anyways I've been playing Minecraft, to the abandonment of all other games, and just recently discovered an international server representing a variety of nationalities much like our TTLG forums. I've had such fun, I thought I would invite everyone to come play on the server if you've got Minecraft for PC. The server address is SwissCraft.eu and they made a trailer for their server some years ago here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l__qrWQnXYI]. There's a few kids on there sure, but a good handful are late twenties so I fit in fairly well at 30 years old ;D you can also check their forums here: http://forum.swisscraft.eu/index.php/BoardList/.
    I've been building some Thief mission replicas in my single player maps, and got nearly done with the central building of the Mage Keep (I'll have to edit later and post pics for this as it's on my laptop right now) as well as began work on making the Training mission. You can see part of this in a video I made highlighting the spawn area of my first MC map, check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjXWVbl40O8] (skip ahead to 10:09 for my start on the keeper's training mission, you might also want to slow down the video to see it better).
    So anyways, just hoping I might someday see some of you on the server. My username is Zephez, and I somehow worked my way up the ranks to SwissCraft Police, so if you stop by you'll have a friend in staff.
    Last edited by Sycamoyr; 15th Sep 2016 at 06:54.

Thing What Kicks
    I built a giant tower on the TTLG server with spiral staircases and hanging gardens; there were lava-falls in the basement.

Duck built a giant penis tower out of wood across the river from me, and then linked our basements using a tunnel under the river. The lava lit a fire in the tunnel and Duck's penis set alight.
    It burned gloriously.

I no longer play Minecraft.

I still play Minecraft, but I've got my own server running a custom modpack. Not really looking to branch out into other servers.

I play it sometimes, just SP with Technic and some other mods I don't even remember. We had some good times on various TTLG servers back in the day. I believe all of them crashed eventually. I guess I like SP because I can keep my saves & know stuff I've built will be around forever. Well that & I don't have internet access at home right now anyway so it's kind of a moot point.

El Pato
    <3

My penis was set ablaze by your love.

I play it with my 5yo son from time to time. He started playing the mobile version on an iPad when he was around 2 and then on the PS4 shortly before he turned 4. After getting it on the PS4 we created a world together called "The Little Matey's World" which we have continued to develop over the past 2 years or so. It has been such a wonderful experience developing this world together with him, as well as creating a lot of new areas for him when he's asleep and pretending that the villagers or the zombies have done this by themselves (I think he's guessed that I've been doing this myself but goes along with it anyway). Over this time he has continued to understand the mechanics of the game in greater detail and builds all kinds of things now in greater complexity than what I ever did with lego when I was his age.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDuck View Post
    <3

My penis was set ablaze by your love.
    You should really see a doctor about that.

It's really great to hear that some of you play and have played MineCraft
    Also, wait, there's a TTLG server?

Level 10,000 achieved
    There was one, back in the day. I think Briareos ran it?

Here's a video from back then.

Was, I think it's long since shut down.

I still play Minecraft occasionally. I like giving the new modpacks that turn up on FTB a go, seeing what new things are being added, or challenging myself with the Sky Box style ones (where the world consists of an empty void baring one tree and a single block of dirt). I don't think I could go back to vanilla MC, I had too much fun playing around with all the machines.

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133386

The old thread.

Somehow my Photobucket images of the Dethtoll Phallus Palace are still live. It's been almost six years.

Henke, that Death Star is bad ass!

Quote Originally Posted by Trance View Post
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133386

The old thread.

Somehow my Photobucket images of the Dethtoll Phallus Palace are still live. It's been almost six years.
    Nice screenies!
    Sad that I missed TTLG's brief stint in Minecraft, dammit I'm always late to the party D;

Moderator and Priest

I played a ton on anodal when it was still around and gave up when it was shut down.

Until about two months ago, I actually had only played MineCraft in single player and just a handful of times multiplayer with LAN. It was a big difference to join a multiplayer server with the MCMMO skills (which make the game that much more playable with how you can level your player's skills). I've spent close to 24 days of play time on their server since July 3rd when I started, so it's super addicting and I can vouch for that. I began taking notes and wrote a beginner's guide to SwissCraft for people like me who hadn't played on a server like this before. It's still in draft, but here is the link: http://forum.swisscraft.eu/index.php...6603#post46603

Administrator
    I play with both of my sons occasionally on a modded server but we tend to have a few days of intense building and then forget about it for weeks. The thing is still running right now...

I played on Dark Helmet server for a while and found myself following another girl about once who turned out to be 10. She told me she had to leave for soccer practice. Felt slightly weird but I think most of the people on the server were under the age of 16.

I'm still quite attached to the first world I built in on vanilla minecraft years ago. The worlds the boys built in are like drawings kids do that you like and keep for years, pull out occasionally and go "awww".

is Best Pony
    I just played Minecraft for the very first time earlier this week.

Minecraft (Vanilla 1.20.6)

Quote Originally Posted by Malf View Post
    I built a giant tower on the TTLG server with spiral staircases and hanging gardens; there were lava-falls in the basement.

Duck built a giant penis tower out of wood across the river from me, and then linked our basements using a tunnel under the river. The lava lit a fire in the tunnel and Duck's penis set alight.
    It burned gloriously.

I no longer play Minecraft.
    Can't top that. Classic Minecraft shenanigans.

I received a key for Minecraft in 2011 while the game was still in beta. Played hardcore for about a year with friends on a shared server, then stopped for almost ten years. In 2021, I started playing again, this time alone on my own server. My account was so old I needed customer support to make it usable again.

Since then, I played on and off. My goal was to finish vanilla Minecraft once in survival mode. I achieved my goal this evening.

My strategy for The End was to ignore all the tutorials online. Instead, I built a bed very close to the End Portal, then stripped my character of all weapons and armor. Equipped with only a pickaxe and a pumpkin mask, I jumped through the portal. While the Ender Dragon was clawing and shooting at me, I built staircases of end stone around the obsidian pillars with the crystals. Whenever I got killed, I just ran back in through the portal and reclaimed my tools from where they had fallen on the ground. I died many, many times, but in the end, I conquered all pillars and destroyed all crystals. Then I abused the Ender Dragon's tendency to hover slightly above that small bedrock pillar with the torches: built a safe spot for me and stabbed her abdomen with an iron or stone sword whenever she got close. I was laughing pretty hard when I realized stone sword and no armor was actually working. The final blow I dealt with an iron pickaxe because my swords had fallen apart by that point. Felt pretty good having defied the tutorials online with this minimalist strategy.

Cue 70-minute credits sequence.
    Last edited by <Username>; 21st May 2024 at 08:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Trance View Post
    Wow memories. And Eldron's texture pack, oh how I miss it.

Oh how I wish I had kept those backups.