TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW T2 FM: Morbid Curiosity (October 2016)

AKA H3H3
    Oh man, I wish I had the time to play this right now!
    I'll find the time for it, soon. Anyway, congratulations on your 1st release. <3

Playing on expert, and have now been running around stuck for some time!

a) I don't know how to remove the curse on the Builder's Rattle.
    b) I have a red key from helping the portrait, but don't know what it opens.
    c) I can't get into Lady Rowena's house.
    d) There's a wooden door in an underground area patrolled by a thief which I can't open (it's the area with a water passage you can enter via one of two rectangular openings in the floor).
    e) I have 3 of the compass keys - I'm missing West - but I can't get them to interact with the similarly shaped round objects in the pools at the foot of the fountains (a readable suggested the fountains were linked to a mystery/treasure).

All/any help much appreciated!

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    I was wondering what the secrets of the fountains was. More stuff to explore. This mission will never end...

Thank you!!!...just downloading...well done! on releasing your first mission...may you produce many!

I'm well into this mission. So far, it's outstanding. Ambiance, architecture, music, all the little details...spot on.

Clearinghouse
    Last edited by clearing; 10th Nov 2016 at 10:37. Reason: ver.1.3

Quote Originally Posted by Unna Oertdottir View Post
    I already found the control room earlier. I'm talking about the entrance to the underground area of the exhibition after having completed the tour. The elevator won't get up again and the "exit" is closed, as far as I can see.
    Oh, I gotcha. There should be a switch down there, but I'll check it out on a playthrough. It's not an easy switch to find though.. not sure if you found it, or it's just not working.

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    Playing on expert, and have now been running around stuck for some time!

a) I don't know how to remove the curse on the Builder's Rattle.
    b) I have a red key from helping the portrait, but don't know what it opens.
    c) I can't get into Lady Rowena's house.
    d) There's a wooden door in an underground area patrolled by a thief which I can't open (it's the area with a water passage you can enter via one of two rectangular openings in the floor).
    e) I have 3 of the compass keys - I'm missing West - but I can't get them to interact with the similarly shaped round objects in the pools at the foot of the fountains (a readable suggested the fountains were linked to a mystery/treasure).

All/any help much appreciated!
    Hello there! Super spoilers ahead that will help. You may have noticed my spoilers are all pretty much flat-out spoilers - I'm not great at vagueness ;-)

a. Go to the Pagan exhibit of the Gallery. The statue standing on the glass gives a bit of a clue, so go downstairs to the blessing pool. You need to fire a water, air, earth, and fire arrow into each respective pot. Read the poemsies to know which kind of arrow to fire into each. This activates the stone in the pool, which you will want to frob with the BR hammer.

b & e. Take the red key, and rope arrow to the beam above. There is a box there that the key opens. It contains a compass key (one of four in mission) on expert, and loot on hard/normal. Be sure to read the diary on the beam for expert level - clues what to do with the keys.

c & d. Did you find Benny's Lunchbox? Find that, and take it to the hungry people not far from there to the east. Frob it into the small crate for a kind & generous gesture, and a floating key will appear. This key opens the door to question letter "d"

Quote Originally Posted by marbleman View Post
    I want to thank pukey brunster for an amazing mission!
    The art-style and atmospere are top-notch! The city looks, sounds and feels real, the ambients are great and texture choices are spot on.
    Same for the museum. What a neat idea to have lost-city, pagan, hammer and keeper elements in one place!
    It is truly fun to explore.
    Plus, almost from the start the player understands, that not everything in this city is right, and finds some strange and scary things. Yep, I got scared more than a few times
    Really cool gameplay elements. Delivering the packages or winning statuettes - it's fun and keeps the player busy!

However, I do have some (mostly subjective) criticism.
    The mission is not ghost-friendly. I already mentioned the sewer spider, but there are lots of enemies, that are positioned in such a way, that it's impossible to sneak around them (the biggest example is a zombie spawning right in font of you in the gallery).
    I also mentioned the water, whch makes a lot of noise when you descend into it. I had to alert guards, and even though I've been ghosting for 3-4 hours, I did end up going on a blackjack spree.
    There are too many pickable doors and chests which have no reason to be locked. Like a door to a pawn shop and a door to its office right after it. I think, I've picked over 30 locks already And it takes a while too!
    A bit of objective criticism: some sounds are too loud. Really, painfully loud. Some room brushes behave weirdly. A guard walking right beside you can sound like he's behind a wall. It's almost a pity, because the sound design is soooo good!

Again, thank you for this absolute gem of a mission! It was really a blast to play!
    Thank you so much!

I think those are pretty fair assessments, and I'm usually a ghoster myself, so I can appreciate where you're coming from. It's such a learning process, and will take note of for the next mish.

Quote Originally Posted by itllrun10s View Post
    Congratulations on your release! I had a great time testing this mission and those that play it are in for a great experience!
    Thank you for all of your hard work & help! It must be so tedious to beta test, but you guys kept going.. and going.. and going.. energizer bunnylike.
    Very much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    Congratulations on the release Karen!
    Pedro my friend! I would never have finally released this beast if it weren't for your long hours and help.

Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxx View Post
    Actually I think this issue is my fault. I loaded with NewDarkloader which I had thought I had running 1.24 but just checking I found the NewDarkloader files in my old 1.23 install. Not sure why I screwed that up but apparently I did. So if this mission is for 1.24 only, I'm guessing this one is on me.

I'm starting over. Loading with old darkloader which I know will run 1.24. Won't take me long to get back to where I was. Sorry for the confusion.
    Big relief.. almost.. keep me posted on the 1.24 playthrough, and hope this next run will be more fun for you!

Hi, can someone tell me, where I can find the north key?

North key
    It's on the hammerite compound

Thanks for the help.

In case anyone didn't find it, the small button to bring the gallery tour lift back up to ground level is behind the right column at the entrance to the lift.

It's also worth pointing out that the fountain "locks" only highlight when you have all 4 keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    Thanks for the help.

In case anyone didn't find it, the small button to bring the gallery tour lift back up to ground level is behind the right column at the entrance to the lift.
    That looks like hidden flyspeck

If you're doing an update, please check the frobinfo of stuff like this

I can't enjoy this mission sadly, it take me at least one minute of waiting each time I'm reloading a save

Am I the only one ?

1 minute. That's too much. It takes about 3-4s to load it on my rig (SSD/16GB RAM). You need about 1GB of free RAM to load this FM without constraint.

Well I finally finished on Expert, with help here from the author. 4 of 6 secrets and quite a bit of loot missing. I enjoyed it, and look forward to some clues on where all the secrets can be found.

In the church, in the secret room off the library, there's a pedestal for the scriptures book which I have used to get one of the compass keys. But there are also 4 locked display cases. Are we supposed to be able to get into those?

I'm about an hour into the mission and really enjoying it so far but I just had a crash to the desktop and now the mission doesn't load at all.

I was inside the store with a halloween/pumpkin sign outfront, I hit quicksave and then the game crashed with no error message other than Thief stopped working. When I loaded it up my quicksave was not visible at all in the load menu and when I go to load any of my saves it just throws me to the desktop with an error message that says "Thief 2: The Metal Age has stopped working"

I was having problems before loading the game up so I did a fresh install of Thief 2, installed the latest enhancement pack and the latest taffer patch and was running the mission with that.

If it helps here is my latest save as well as my quicksave file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6302y5tkpz...saves.zip?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by Squadarofl View Post
    I can't enjoy this mission sadly, it take me at least one minute of waiting each time I'm reloading a save

Am I the only one ?
    I also noticed that this mission loads slower. But for me it's about 10 seconds, same as Mission X actually.

I am stuck. I put the Rattle on a pedestal in the basement of the Cathedral. It disappeared and appear a key to the north gate. The goal of "Clear the curse from a Rattle" is not performed. Now I have 3 keys: the southern, eastern and northern. I do not understand what to do next.

Quote Originally Posted by goldwell View Post
    If it helps here is my latest save as well as my quicksave file
    The quicksave is corrupted. The other one doesn't load. If I load it in DromEd, I get an error
    ASSERT: Dynamic array resize failed
    @pukey: I found placed ropes (604,1521) with a strange submodel (8 instead of 1). Maybe this is the culprit.

@Soldi: This shouldn't have happened. Load a savegame. The "blessing" of the rattle takes place in the pagan area of the gallery exhibition.
    Last edited by Unna Oertdottir; 12th Oct 2016 at 11:34.

Quote Originally Posted by marbleman View Post
    I also noticed that this mission loads slower. But for me it's about 10 seconds, same as Mission X actually.
    It's due the custom content I believe.

I'm having a bit of a problem with the Hammer Library Key. I accidentally 'used' it on the unlocked library door and it disappeared. After reloading I used it in the appropriate place, there's an unlocking sound but I'm unable to take the hammer. Is there an extra something to do on Expert. I had no trouble with the Hammer Library key on Normal.

I played 4 hours on Normal before restarting on Expert. I was stuck so thought the harder level might rejuvenate me. On Normal, every door needed 3 or 4 frobs for it to open and switches didn't always work first time. In other missions I have occasionally had a door 'close' when frobbing needing another frob but never like this. All doors are working normally on Expert. It's bizarre.

It was no hardship at all to restart, this is so much fun.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast