TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Red Dead Redemption 2

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

FTFY
    Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    RDR 2 delayed, again.

Oct. 26, 2018 is the new date for the Early Access version. v1.0 will be released on PC.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Latest cinematic trailer

IGN impressions of their behind closed doors demo.

I'm really liking the sound of relationship building + permadeath of horses (and hats!). Slaughtered animals rotting away is a nice touch.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

I'm liking the sound of lasting choice and consequences with NPCs.

Last edited by EvaUnit02; 11th Aug 2018 at 17:27.

Article on it: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/re.../1100-6461052/

Sounds honestly great. I have the idea may be quasi-factions in the gang and you can play to different NPCs.

Wow that looks awesome.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Jesus. 105GB install size. The article doesn't clarify if that's just PSPro or PS4 as well tho. I'll probably get it for PS4, so I hope it's less.

You can't expect to have horse testicles that expand and contract depending on the temperature and fit those into less than 100GB.

Chakat sex pillow
    Now now, let's not be too facetious; so what if it's a 100 GB of neighs and whinnies? If the Simpsons taught me anything, it's that you can't underestimate the utility of horses.

I am never facetious when it comes to testicular contractions, equine or otherwise.

Well mine contracted when I saw the install size!

Still Subjective
    Should I play part 1 first?

I'd say it's well worth it. It may feel somewhat dated now, but it's in my top 3 of Rockstar games. The world is gorgeous, I like the story (by and large) and it has some breathtaking moments.

What would you be playing it on? Apparently it's at its best by far on the latest, beefiest version of the Xbox One. That's one console that seems to have got backward compatibility right.

Administrator
    I looked it up on the PS store and you can only stream the thing if you stump up 14 quid a month. Which seems stupid.

I could borrow my sister's PS3 to play it - does the xbox version have tweaked visuals or is it just a port?

I played and enjoyed the PS3 version, but from what I’ve heard and read the original X360 version was already better. The game’s are then tweaked for the Xbox One’s backwards compatibility scheme: some get better resolution and framerates. According to Digital Foundry, the best way to play the game at this point is on an Xbox One X.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...one-x-enhanced

Wait a month or so and it'll probably run good on RPCS3.

Still Subjective
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirith View Post

What would you be playing it on?
    PS3.

I don't have an Xbox of any kind because my IQ is above average.

I mean, because I like PS games better. And I'm getting a PS4Pro this Xmas.

Quote Originally Posted by SubJeff View Post
    I don't have an Xbox of any kind because my IQ is above average.
    Well, Mr Dunning-Kruger, I'd say it's well worth playing RDR on PS3, but I hope you're not too bothered by relatively low framerates. I wasn't, but the framerate is usually somewhere around 20-25 fps.

Still Subjective
    Really, it's that bad? And the PS4 isn't backwards compatible because reasons right?

I might give it miss then Mr Xboxbutthurt.

Chakat sex pillow
    Yeah, I remember it being choppy on PS3, but not unplayably so. It's just not ideal, and fairly blurry (at 720p, at that).

Also, you're being ridiculous - real people who deserve to exist own fancy schmancy PCs. Only imaginary people think IQs have any validity in a joke about walled garden ecosystems.

As Sulphur said. I played it on PS3 myself and enjoyed it, but it's definitely not what anyone would call smooth.

AFAIK, the main reason why the PS4 isn't BC is that the PS3 had a weird-ass architecture. With the PS4 they went for a much more familiar setup, which means it's not all that different from an Xbox or a PC. I remember when the PS3 came out and devs started talking about how they had to learn how to do things on the new Playstation.

Still Subjective
    Yeah, I remember that.

I'd play it on PC if I could but its a no to choppy framerates and 720p. Maybe they'll do a remaster for PS4 sometime...

In the meantime, I could go for RDR2 on PS4.

From what I've seen so far, a bunch of characters from RDR will turn up as their younger selves in RDR2, but I don't expect that you'll need to understand or even recognise these references to enjoy the game, its story and characters. There'll be too many potential buyers who won't have had the opportunity to play the first game.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    Wait a month or so and it'll probably run good on RPCS3.
    Looks like it needs more work based on this video.

If I could pick up a cheap XBOX 360 I'd play it that way if it's not quite so choppy. What I find odd about RDR being on the 360 - essentially a small PC - is that it should be easy to port. Clearly none of the publishers think it's worth porting. It's annoying when games become less accessible in this fashion.

It's more likely I'll look at getting RDR2 at the end of the month though. Or is that this Early Access PC release mentioned above... No, confusing myself, it is console only...

Considering the install size - even COD:Black ops 3 is nearly 80. We were going to hit the 100G barrier at some point.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Rockstar are really proud of making their employees work under sweat shop conditions! Top tier PR!
    https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...d-redemption-2

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast