TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: UPDATE: T2FM "The Heart Of Gems: Night Of The Red Moon" v1.24 NewDark "31.10.2016"

Thank you Baeuchlein, I guess I had some misunderstanding concerning the backyard. I was thinking some grass covered area where the guards were going through their rounds, but I guess those particular guards are outside the city wall where one of the entrance gems to gain access to the town was contained within a fountain.

I retraced my steps and discovered a chest guarded directly by one the undead guards at the tomb. After gaining a scepter from that chest I then went to the underground statue receptors and obtained the last of the broad candles. I am now dealing with a translucent faun beast after teleporting from the area under the white hourglass monument.

This mission seems pretty big and has a great balance of mantling high areas, underground, and dodging potential threats at many of those areas. Great work Terra.

Thanks for the help once again Baeuchlein.
    Last edited by OldMeat; 27th Nov 2016 at 18:36.

Update:
    Iam Working on a new Version on this FM it Will Be playable also for older PC. Im Splitting The areas and removing The Forest complete and Change The Textures.

Before I go any further

This mission is huge. I just got to town and the only objective checked is "Find the Hatchet". It is such a long walk I do not want to go any further if any other objectives should be checked like something to KO quietly or whatever. It just seems like a lot of mission to only have one goal checked but I know it has much more. Thank you for any replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningline View Post
    This mission is huge. I just got to town and the only objective checked is "Find the Hatchet". It is such a long walk I do not want to go any further if any other objectives should be checked like something to KO quietly or whatever. It just seems like a lot of mission to only have one goal checked but I know it has much more. Thank you for any replies.
    The mission is really big but you should be on track - all further objectives develop once you have reached the town IIRC

Not feeling the love for this mission at all and that sucks because I love a beefy mission and it looks great. I work a lot and don't have 15 hours for one mission.

1)Way to big and you cant really do crap until you find the lock picks and there is zero hints. Like looking for a needle in a haystack. Even with the forum.

2) You have to kill unless you want to sneak everyplace for hours. Its frustrating looking for the blackjack or whatever thing you need to be more subtle in a mission that can take 20 min just to walk from one end to the other.

3) Mission makes me feel hopeless. Why cant you have the lock picks to start on normal (easy)? Or at least a darn map.
    Last edited by Lightningline; 7th Feb 2017 at 23:30.

I've quite enjoyed this mission after a rough start (falling off the ladder in my own house several times, getting lost in the woods), and need to finish it up.
    Which gates to I go to for the final objective?

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    Which gates to I go to for the final objective?
    You have to enter the "last" city section again, the one with a statue of a hooded person. You once found your second lockpick replacement in this section of the city, close to the gate you have to approach in the end. It's a gate with a guard which does not react hostile to Garrett, and there is a blue banner above the gate. If you have completed all other objectives, walking towards this gate should end the mission.

wait wait wait - I don't actually have the Heart yet!
    where do I use the fat candles?

wait wait wait - I don't actually have the Heart yet!
    Oh, I thought you were asking for the exit already.

where do I use the fat candles?
    If you mean candles in the form of candlesticks, then they are used to open a certain grave, which is located where you would expect one. If you mean candles without a stick, then these are used to get access to the location with the Heart. You have to place them on some plates. These are not hidden but easily overlooked; you find them at the base of the monument with the hourglass in one of the city squares.

any updates on a version that can be played on older pc's....would love to play this one

he posted he is going to next year,i also waiting to play this on my old pos comp

Yes i am Working on a New Version for older PCs, it will come out next year in March. Dont worry, still working on it.
    I also make litte changes with the lockpicks and the weapons, also the large Forest will disappear. But the puzzles are the same.

Gave the drunk ghost a bottle of wine, got nothing in return.

Never trust a drunk ghost.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Rat View Post
    Gave the drunk ghost a bottle of wine, got nothing in return.

Never trust a drunk ghost.

Seriously though -Terra-, as everyone's been saying, this is a very fine mission with some beautiful design. Love those big night garden spaces and the city is sublime, thanks very much.

Thank you, DeadRat but my mistake was to build a giant area and fill it with brushes and buildings, thats why most people have problems with playing this on old pcs, yet i spilt the areas in middle groups and build the fm in a new area. i also change some gameplay points.
    This time the player will have the full equipment at the start point (lockpicks, sword, blackjack) also change some buildings with more rooms. Also adding a map and a briefing video. but iam still learning from mistakes.

I would have preferred having lockpicks from the start, but the area size is no problem for me personally as I have a powerful PC suitable for modern gaming.

Not being able to knock out guards until I found the frying pan (I never kill guards) actually re-introduced me to the "danger" element of Thief, which was quite exciting. I was reminded of how vulnerable I felt when I first started playing Thief, around the turn of the century

Anyway I'd better get back to the mission as I haven't finished it yet.

The size of the area and the polycounts are mostly an issue for people with really, really older machines at this point. My main issue was that there was just a lot of running around due to the sheer size of the map. It was pretty decent, though. I think your second one was better in regards to not being oversized with too much "empty space" style running about.

Quote Originally Posted by GUFF View Post
    The size of the area and the polycounts are mostly an issue for people with really, really older machines at this point. My main issue was that there was just a lot of running around due to the sheer size of the map. It was pretty decent, though. I think your second one was better in regards to not being oversized with too much "empty space" style running about.
    Yes i know, now i have split the Areas in smaller groups, i also using other textures in this rework.
    i also remove the larg forest, there was lots of Dodecahedrons.

Quote Originally Posted by -Terra- View Post
    I see.. I think There Are Problems with this FM when you Play with darkloader.
    I think FMsel is Better for this FM. In The betatest there was a testing with darkloader, and it dosen't work 100%.
    -Terra- alles super! ..problem with scripts, NVS to T2 folder

Where do I find the sausage link to feed to the hungry burrick?

Sorry for being late with the answer. I hope the burrick hasn't starved to death by now.:P

The sausage is found in the next part of the city. You have to scale the low wall near the burrick by using the ladders there. Once on the other side, look for some kind of balcony with a guard patrolling on it. On the opposite side of the street, there should be a ledge with an open window at one end (and a healing potion at the other). Inside the window, there should be the sausage chain you're looking for.

Once the burrick is satiated, look into its mouth for your reward.

can someone please do you tube on this mission its the only mission i cant play due to sever lagg

Finished but the creature killed me like 20 times. Still need to find a little more loot; third time searching, may have to restart. 4+ hours of playtime over several days. Enjoyable, but I got finger cramps from holding the Shift key down. Killed all humanoids, not any critters
    Last edited by user3; 16th Nov 2018 at 12:36.

This mission is very under-rated. The map is massive with many interesting places to explore.
    I like climbing/jumping through windows, and I like the challenge of not having rope arrows.
    I enjoyed becoming lost and not knowing where I am.
    The graphics look nice. Not too blurry and not too sharp. The music is perfect.
    Please make a sequel

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast