TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Dark Forest and other projects

Love the rich colors!

I am very impressed with these screenshots. Amazing work!

Amazing work!!! I can't wait to explore these beauties, just please don't make the gameplay too hard.

Not bad at all, I have to say!... I like the forest ones especially.

I'd love to see more dirt, weeds, litter, rubbles etc. in the corners and along the walls on the streets. They look just to clean at 4K and all the details in textures around them.

But yeah - you're stretching the poor old engine to the limits!

Did you release 3 abandoned FMs ? I'm interested to see what it looks like in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    just please don't make the gameplay too hard.
    Don't worry. I collected twenty A4 pages of feedbacks and suggestions in two forums. And I especially want to note the great review of my gameplay by Taylor. I carefully studied all the nuances and problems, and make things workable and understandable (nevertheless, this does not mean "easy game").

Quote Originally Posted by PinkDot View Post
    I'd love to see more dirt, weeds, litter, rubbles etc. in the corners and along the walls on the streets. They look just to clean at 4K and all the details in textures around them.
    Yes, this is a basic design so far. I have a huge library of my own assets that I have been creating for the last couple of years. On the other hand, with a minimum count of objects this map has 100% performance , which cannot be said about the forest.

Quote Originally Posted by Apiai View Post
    Did you release 3 abandoned FMs ? I'm interested to see what it looks like in game.
    Perhaps I will use multi-brushes from these missions for actual projects. For this reason, I do not want to spoil it yet.

The Screenshots look Epic !!!!
    As one of the biggest Keeper of Infinity fans I cant wait to Play it !
    Keeper of infinty 1 and 2 where pure Art (In my opinion best Level design of all) and I am curious how the Story proceeds.
    Sould Tear its good that you are still on the workbench
    And I agree with Cardia pllllllls dont make it so hard like the previous that you can basically only proceed if you know where Questobjects are cause they are to hard hidden !
    Last edited by Akai™; 4th Jun 2020 at 07:15.

Anarchic Fox (Russian artist) joined to Keeper of Infinity. We plan to rework old Bad Venture movie and create new ones for each chapter. Everything should be in the same style.

The fisrt part of the campaign includes seven chapters:
    Escape
    Unwelcoming Walls
    Fortress
    Bad Venture
    Raven's Nest
    Konigsforst
    The Dark Forest

The second part of the campaign will reveal the secret of the campaign title. It will consist of at least five chapters. Of course it will never be released...

This division does not have any plot explanation. This is just what is real to finish in the near future.
    Last edited by Soul Tear; 6th Jun 2020 at 05:20.

Can't wait to experience this awesome looking FM

Impressive stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Tear View Post

Soultear will you bring back the Keeper glyphs? I liked that feature a lot in Bad Venture. Also I hope there will be interesting Events again like Keeper Jonas Death, and the frogbeast riding on the Spider
    Is the Map you are currently working on most dark forest ?
    It will be interesting which enemies and threats we ll encounter in dark forest !!
    I like this Kind of Adventure Maps the most!
    Dark Forest could be a candidate to face my current favourite Fan Mission (Impious Pilgrimage) !

Simply stunning Soul Tear!! Those screens has got me excited! I have kind of lost interest in playing with all of the anniversary missions piled on top of one another.
    Just my own opinion. Keep up the great work!!
    pwl

Very impressive work, man. I hope it's not too terribly long til we get to experience some of this.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Akai™ View Post
    Soultear will you bring back the Keeper glyphs?
    Of course, I like the void glyph (thanks to Yandros). I removed the teleports to the library and the captain’s mansion. Now players can get there on foot and carefully explore these areas. Thus, there will be no problems using the glyph and getting stuck in these locations.

I also plan to add new glyphs and new quests by Keeper Jonas. There will be attacking glyphs. There were too few enemies in previous missions. This is fixed. I created large areas for stealth and action gameplay, added a lot of enemies and ample opportunity to use fire crystals, mines and other things, including glyphs.

Also I hope there will be interesting Events again like Keeper Jonas Death, and the frogbeast riding on the Spider
    There will be many such events in each mission.

Is the Map you are currently working on most dark forest ?
    The design of each of these cards is almost finished, now I am engaged in scripts and gameplay.

It will be interesting which enemies and threats we ll encounter in dark forest !!
    I can only say that you won’t be bored there.

Damn, those screenshots look amazing, and to imagine that you update your already in visuals outstanding FMs...WOW. I wish you great progress with that, we all do!
    Thief Podcast - Inside at Last Megathread >>> https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149898

Hey Soul Tear. Is Darkbourg part of the newer project or was that one of the maps/concepts you abandoned?

Quote Originally Posted by MisterAssassin View Post
    Hey Soul Tear. Is Darkbourg part of the newer project or was that one of the maps/concepts you abandoned?
    He told me, to my delight, that he’s still working on Darkbourg.

Soul Tear, any news? I'm thrilled about this project. Will you release the missions successively or as one whole? Perhaps releasing them successively is the better option, since they are so huge and to keep the audience from starving. Also releasing them successively provides the benefit of more bug reports. Do you think we can expect the first release in 2021?

Unfortunately, I find it difficult to give any clear answer.

i just hope my old comp can run it,i tryed to get the part 2 mission that had the revamp of part 1 and 2 but it ran so slow it was unplayable for me

hoping for a low end version for future version so it runs on my comp,wont be getting new tower untill this covid thing is over/or my tower dies,what ever comes first

i am not even sure what the reason is for the lagg i get on a handfull of missions all started with that one mission that had a lighthouse and boat you can ride in,also night of the red moon mission also is so slow for me,and part 1 and 2 of this series

i personaly feel all the extras in a mission are not needed if the gameplay is good,eye candy dont make the mission better in my view,that is why i feel thief 1 is better then thief 2,the more gritty graphics to me are better,and having a tons of useless items in a map just bog the mission down,so please make an option for low end towers to run missions

i think a great idea would be make a low end one first to see what beta testers think,then do a version where you add all the extra's for people who can run it

and to all the people who are going to trash me ,i am not telling him how to make his mission,i just saying my opinion and also i never mentioned adding dewdrop/etc so cut me some slack :P

"added after post" the reason i even post is i love fan missions so much it hurts me not to be able to play some of them due to lag
    Last edited by downwinder; 17th Oct 2020 at 14:14.

My last pc with 660 card and 1080 display gave good performance in all my projects. After upgrading to RTX 2060 and 2160p I lost about 50% performance. It seems that the screen size and resolution is more important than the pc specs.
    Anyway I need to finish the main work first, and then think about other problems. Thank you for your interest!

i had no idea i can make screen res smaller for better results i will test it out,thank you soul tear for information

well i tryed it on night of the red moon mission and no luck still laggy on all screen resolutions as low as 640/480 i tryed like 4 differnt screen resolutions,i guess my comp is just to slow
    Last edited by downwinder; 17th Oct 2020 at 19:31.

When are you going to release more high-res objects?

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    i had no idea i can make screen res smaller for better results i will test it out,thank you soul tear for information

well i tryed it on night of the red moon mission and no luck still laggy on all screen resolutions as low as 640/480 i tryed like 4 differnt screen resolutions,i guess my comp is just to slow
    Wich are your computer specs?.

Enviado desde mi BASIC mediante Tapatalk

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast