TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 126 to 147 of 147

Thread: The Dark Forest and other projects

  1. #126
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2012
    Location: Moscow, Russia
    Quote Originally Posted by bassoferrol View Post
    When are you going to release more high-res objects?
    It is unlikely that a new version will come out. I am working on my commercial projects for Unreal and Unity stores.
    I noticed that only a few people were interested in this mod. Most people still prefer the vanilla stuff. Although some models from my Thief mod are also sold from time to time, this does not motivate me.

  2. #127
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2012
    Location: Moscow, Russia
    The Dark Forest Update:



    It takes too much time to find and prepare new assets for the project. But at least now there is enough new content to fill any location.

  3. #128
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2004
    Location: Ireland/Poland
    Ah, give it up, man! You should just stick to stock resources and render with texture filtering off! The effect would be more authentic!




    Amazing stuff, really!

  4. #129
    One of my favorite missions are those that sent you deep into Pagan territory with all their twisted nature areas. I am looking forward to this and the wild nature areas =).

  5. #130
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2005
    Location: Germany
    Sick! I can't stop thinking about your projects, especially the KoI 3... I'm addicted to checking this thread for new screenshots and infos. Maybe there will be a short pre-release trailer soon?...

  6. #131
    New Member
    Registered: May 2020
    I cant wait for this masterpiece. Keeper of infinity 3 dark forest has the potential to become the best adventure fan mission. I hope it has a great dark atmosphere, interesting events like Keeper of infinity 1 and 2 and lot of dangers ! The screenshots look already perfect. Keeper of infinity is one of the best fan mission series. Thx for your efforts !

  7. #132
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2005
    Location: Germany
    Is there any progress on the Dark Forest? I can't wait to hear some news.

  8. #133
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2020
    Keeper of infinity 3? Or just mission 3...
    The first 2 were very linear and i dont want to play them again.

    Looks great tho!

  9. #134
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2005
    Location: Germany
    It doesn't matter which mission of this project. I want informations to all of the upcoming missions. I don't care about the work on custom objects, KoI1+2 Reloaded, L'Arsene Gold, King’s Story Gold, texture packs or any other commercial projects.....Really not at all. I just want to know what is happening in the major Thief 2 campaigns and wish we could get some more detailed insight in the progress of the missions. Particulary I'm interested in The Dark Forest, Darkbourg, Rowena's Legacy, Ideal would be a list with each mission, which work is done for it, which work is to do, % progress for each mission.

    Darkbourg

    Soultear: "Work on Darkbourg goes all the way. Unfortunately now I do not want to work on KoI The good side of the matter is that The Dark Forest is completed by 90% and I can quickly complete it as soon as I catch the right wave." (22nd May 2017 13:47)

    KoI 3 The Dark Forest

    Soultear: "I’ve finally finished with level design and working on the gameplay and mission objectives." (18th Dec 2018 18:53)

    Soultear: "It's time to blow tons of dust off this topic. I still exist and create. 8 maps in development and 3 abandoned. This is some kind of madness." (3rd Jun 2020 18:19)

    Soultear: "The fisrt part of the campaign includes seven chapters:
    Escape
    Unwelcoming Walls
    Fortress
    Bad Venture
    Raven's Nest
    Konigsforst
    The Dark Forest

    The second part of the campaign will reveal the secret of the campaign title. It will consist of at least five chapters. Of course it will never be released...

    This division does not have any plot explanation. This is just what is real to finish in the near future. " (5th Jun 2020 15:22)

    Here we have at least a list. What is the status of these missions?

    Escape ~%?
    Unwelcoming Walls ~%?
    Fortress ~%?
    Bad Venture ~%?
    Raven's Nest ~%?
    Konigsforst ~%?
    The Dark Forest ~%?

    I hope I'm not asking too much here, but the author made it clear that he wants to release them all together for a better effect. So I think it would be not a bad idea to know at least some more details.

    I love and appreciate your work Soultear! I'm a big fan of the atmosphere and quality of your missions! I know this is an unimaginable mountain of work and if I have to wait for it another 2 years - so it be.
    Please forgive me for asking all these questions and for being so curious
    Last edited by Karras35; 5th Feb 2021 at 09:02.

  10. #135
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2012
    Location: Moscow, Russia
    Quote Originally Posted by Karras35 View Post
    It doesn't matter which mission of this project. I want informations to all of the upcoming missions. I don't care about the work on custom objects, KoI1+2 Reloaded, L'Arsene Gold, King’s Story Gold, texture packs or any other commercial projects.....Really not at all. I just want to know what is happening in the major Thief 2 campaigns and wish we could get some more detailed insight in the progress of the missions. Particulary I'm interested in The Dark Forest, Darkbourg, Rowena's Legacy, Ideal would be a list with each mission, which work is done for it, which work is to do, % progress for each mission.

    Darkbourg

    Soultear: "Work on Darkbourg goes all the way. Unfortunately now I do not want to work on KoI The good side of the matter is that The Dark Forest is completed by 90% and I can quickly complete it as soon as I catch the right wave." (22nd May 2017 13:47)

    KoI 3 The Dark Forest

    Soultear: "I’ve finally finished with level design and working on the gameplay and mission objectives." (18th Dec 2018 18:53)

    Soultear: "It's time to blow tons of dust off this topic. I still exist and create. 8 maps in development and 3 abandoned. This is some kind of madness." (3rd Jun 2020 18:19)

    Soultear: "The fisrt part of the campaign includes seven chapters:
    Escape
    Unwelcoming Walls
    Fortress
    Bad Venture
    Raven's Nest
    Konigsforst
    The Dark Forest

    The second part of the campaign will reveal the secret of the campaign title. It will consist of at least five chapters. Of course it will never be released...

    This division does not have any plot explanation. This is just what is real to finish in the near future. " (5th Jun 2020 15:22)

    Here we have at least a list. What is the status of these missions?

    Escape ~%?
    Unwelcoming Walls ~%?
    Fortress ~%?
    Bad Venture ~%?
    Raven's Nest ~%?
    Konigsforst ~%?
    The Dark Forest ~%?

    I hope I'm not asking too much here, but the author made it clear that he wants to release them all together for a better effect. So I think it would be not a bad idea to know at least some more details.
    Hi man! Thanks for the interest to my projects.

    Keeper of Infinity 3 is The Dark Forest. This is the old name. Full current title of the campaign: Keeper of Infinity Reload.

    I am working on the level that interests me at the moment, I have no goal to do something as quickly as possible and move on to the next.
    Progress in all maps is about the same. It is possible that all of them will be released within one year (year X naturally).

    Over the years, the Dark Forest has grown a lot, so now percent of progress has reduced to 60-70. I added a new huge area and I lack the skills to make it absolutely cool, so I put it on hold for now.

    I love and appreciate your work Soultear! I'm a big fan of the atmosphere and quality of your missions! I know this is an unimaginable mountain of work and if I have to wait for it another 2 years - so it be.
    Please forgive me for asking all these questions and for being so curious
    Thanks! It was a good practice to find yourself in level design and modeling. But real quality will be ahead. My new missions are really very good visually. I really hope I can release something this year. At the moment I am finishing with these two:
    Unwelcoming Walls
    Fortress

    Maybe I'll release the first three as a separate pack. The probability of this is the highest. Then I'll switch to Dark Forest, or Darkburg, or... something else (no, better not).

    The spread by numbers is something like this:

    Escape (Prologue) (design 50%)
    Unwelcoming Walls (design 100%, working on goals and AI)
    Fortress (design 80%)
    Bad Venture (design 60%, most buildings are create from scratch)
    Raven's Nest (design 100%, working on gameplay)
    Konigsforst (design between 30 and 60, depends on the addition of a Hammerite cathedral)
    The Dark Forest (design 70%)

    Darkbourg - I have no idea about the exact boundaries of the map. I plan to make full use of the NewDark resource. It is now 50% of the old version of Raven's Nest.

    Rowena's Legacy and any golds are abandoned. Although there is a ready scenario for Rowena, written by one of the players.

  11. #136
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2005
    Location: Germany
    Thanks for all these informations I'm super hyped!

  12. #137
    New Member
    Registered: Jan 2021
    I love how darkbourg looks

  13. #138
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2012
    Location: Moscow, Russia
    I decided to deviate from the tradition a little and put videos instead of screenshots.
    (At the time of this posting, the HD version has not yet been processed. You can check it out later)


  14. #139
    It looks really good. I love the planks across the roof and the use of a crate to reach high places.

    Only one guard though? I assume you will add more guards later, or it will seem empty.

    Throwing the rock at the vent cover to open it could be a problem, because it's not a normal behavior of objects in Thief. If the players have not watched this video, how do they know to throw the rock? Will you tell them in a readme? If the vent cover does not frob-highlight, I think most players will walk right by it.

    And if other objects have to be broken before you can frob them, this will force the player to carry a rock around, throwing it at everything to test if things can be broken.

  15. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul Tear View Post
    I decided to deviate from the tradition a little and put videos instead of screenshots.
    (At the time of this posting, the HD version has not yet been processed. You can check it out later)

    Oh man. This is gorgeous! When is it coming out??

  16. #141
    Member
    Registered: Sep 1999
    Location: Texas, hhhwweeee hawww
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul Tear View Post
    I decided to deviate from the tradition a little and put videos instead of screenshots.
    I DON'T mind!

  17. #142
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2004
    Location: Cape Breton Nova Scotia Canada
    I just watched the Darkbourg game play video after getting a notification from Soul Tear's channel. It took all of 30 seconds to check this forum to see if it was released. It's looking beautiful and the atmosphere is just super. I can't wait.

  18. #143
    Member
    Registered: May 2008
    Location: Southern,California
    love the puzzle aspect in mission,so amazing

  19. #144
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2012
    Location: UK
    Looking beautiful Soul Tear - very atmospheric. Look forward to the Keeper of Infinity Reload campaign too.

  20. #145
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2004
    Location: Ireland/Poland
    Attention to the detail and atmosphere is amazing. Looking forward to explore those streets and buildings.

  21. #146
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2012
    Location: Moscow, Russia
    Quote Originally Posted by RippedPhreak View Post
    Only one guard though? I assume you will add more guards later, or it will seem empty.
    There are many guards on the level, but not in this place. It's too crowded to get comfortable research.

    Throwing the rock at the vent cover to open it could be a problem, because it's not a normal behavior of objects in Thief.
    There are provided tooltips when focusing on an object: for example, "can be used to destroy fragile obstacles." Although I'm not going to do all the work for the players, and you guys will have to sort out the situation one way or another.

    If the players have not watched this video, how do they know to throw the rock? Will you tell them in a readme? If the vent cover does not frob-highlight, I think most players will walk right by it.
    There are several ways to enter this location.

    And if other objects have to be broken before you can frob them, this will force the player to carry a rock around, throwing it at everything to test if things can be broken.
    I like your concern. I see a serious player.
    There are many of these stones and crates, they lie relatively close to the places where they need to be used. Anyway there will be additional information about the gameplay in the readme or in the diary.

  22. #147
    There are provided tooltips when focusing on an object: for example, "can be used to destroy fragile obstacles."
    That is very impressive - it's almost like a whole new game!

    There are many of these stones and crates, they lie relatively close to the places where they need to be used. Anyway there will be additional information about the gameplay in the readme or in the diary.
    That sounds pretty good, thanks for the answers.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •