TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Last Of Us, Part II

Level 10,000 achieved

The Last Of Us, Part II

Takes place 5 years after the events of the first game. Troy and Ashley are reprising their roles. Santolalla is doing the music. It's being written by Neil Druckman and Halley Gross (who apparently wrote some Westworld episodes as well). No release date yet.

The Last Of Us is one of my favourite games ever, and ended so beautifully that I really didn't want a sequel(nor a movie, for that matter). Seeing how quickly my appreciation for Uncharted diminished, I have a hard time not feeling pessimistic about this. Still, that is a very good reveal trailer. Hopefully they have a great story thought out. *crossing my fingers*

Ellie looks pretty angry.

Moderator and Priest
    I finally decided to give the first game a go. Thought it'd be a good game to test Playstation Now with.

Works surprisingly good, actually. Looks and plays just like I'm running a PS3 game on my computer.

Chakat sex pillow
    720p native, right? I'd say you're better off playing it on the PS4 at 1080p, because it deserves to be seen and experienced at its best.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Yes the PS4 Remastered edition certainly looks better, but it's by no means a necessity. My first playthrough on PS3 was still the most affecting, so you really don't need the crisper graphics. Play it with the hardware you have, Renz.

Sulph, do you have a PS4 now? What's your handle?

Chakat sex pillow
    Sure, but I think Renz has a PS4, or at least a PS3?

I'm getting a PS4 sometime later this year, unfortunately. First priority is to shop for a new subwoofer because the one sat next to me is on life support.

Dammit, Playstation Now is only available for US and UK residents? I was kind of excited I could get to stream TLoU on PC only to find that PSNow is not supported in my region :/

I got the remastered version for Xmas, and have been working my way through it (played on PS3 a year or two ago). It's a great game that just sticks with you, it's actually been invading my dreams lately, bizarre as that sounds. And yes the remastered version looks great.

I've played it twice (once on PS3, once on PS4, each including the fantastic DLC), and I think I may well replay it on the PS4 Pro. It's a good game, but mainly it's a fantastically told story. Right now I'm not necessarily excited about TLoU 2, mainly because the story the first game told was self-contained and ended perfectly, but I trust the guys at Naughty Dog not just to do this because sequels are the done thing.

Also, since we recently had the musical thread, every TLoU fan who hasn't already done so owes it to themselves to check this out:

Level 10,000 achieved
    Haha, yes I have seen it before, but thanks for posting it. Made me smile so hard it hurts.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    Sure, but I think Renz has a PS4, or at least a PS3?
    Don't have a PS4 yet. I did have a PS3, but I sold it to a friend who really wanted it, and since I wasn't playing it much at the time, I figured I'd go ahead and get rid of it.

Chakat sex pillow
    Well, that sucks. Get a PS4, dude guy. You gotta have at least the one console around.

Moderator and Priest
    I'm always thinking about it, but right now I'm saving my dosh for a SurfaceBook 2 when they come out.

Oh, and a new monitor.

Chakat sex pillow
    Another Surface? Isn't that, like, the third? You're burning through these things faster than I am subwoofers.

Moderator and Priest
    Nope. It'll be the second one.

I use my SP as a laptop more than I do a tablet, so I figured getting the SB would be the better choice in the long run. I get the performance and longer battery life, plus I can still use it as a tablet when I want to.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Judith View Post
    Dammit, Playstation Now is only available for US and UK residents? I was kind of excited I could get to stream TLoU on PC only to find that PSNow is not supported in my region :/
    I would say run through a proxy, but the service is so bandwidth dependent, I doubt that'd work.

But don't feel bad! I'll post screenshots of me playing the game, so you can live through me vicariously. :P

Now that we've trashed henke's thread - what's the difference between a Surfacebook and a Surface Pro?

Moderator and Priest
    SurfaceBook

Surface Pro 4

The book is more a complete laptop, complete with extra batteries, a beefier CPU, and a discrete GPU. It's a more powerful machine overall. Plus you can detach the monitor half to use it as a tablet for a few hours.

The Pro is a tablet that can do computery stuff. The keyboard half doesn't have any extra hardware in it. It's just there to provide the keyboard and trackpad.

I like my Pro, but since I use it as a laptop about 85% of the time, I figured the Book would be the better option for me.

Moderator and Priest
    Here's me playing it on muh SP4. Cuz I'm SO RAD!

Though it kinda sucked, since my router doesn't have the wireless chops to give me smooth, lag free gameplay. There was a half second delay to everything I did. Guess I'll have to keep playing it on my big computer.

I kind of played it, which means I mostly watched someone else play it. Didn't diminish the impact of the story though. That ending pretty well captures my feeling towards our current world. Possibly best story-game integration out there?

I don't have a strong opinion about a sequel right now, or rather I'm ambivalent between it sounding like a good vs. a bad idea. Probably won't have the same magic, may still be interesting. Eg, in contrast to Red Dead where I'm gungho for a sequel.

Level 10,000 achieved

oh shit

Thing What Kicks
    Not sure I needed to see that level of violence in what is tantamount to an advert.

I haven't watched the video yet, but I remember articles about an early showing of the first game at one of the big shows (E3, perhaps?), with gruesome violence and people in the audience hollering and applauding. Perhaps they're leaning into that. IMO the final game used violence responsibly, for want of a better word. I trust Naughty Dog based on their output to date, but if the video is as bad as you guys suggest, it would definitely shake that trust somewhat.

Looks like they were aiming for "visceral experience", but didn't have anything meaningful to end the trailer with. For me it's brutal and a cheap trick at the same time. I'm sure high-school boys and girls will be super excited for that.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast