TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: How long will Trump be President?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Term (4 Years)

26 18.06%
  • 2 Terms (8 Years)

51 35.42%
  • 1st Term Impeachment/Assassination

50 34.72%
  • 2nd Term Impeachment/Assassination

4 2.78%
  • I don't know what's going on!

13 9.03%

Thread: ✮✮✮ !Trump Dump! ✮✮✮

Yep, you're right. I was mistaken. It's all bullshit conspiracy theories perpetuated by Russia and Alex Jones. It's not like senior US neocon politicians have gone and done photo ops with people that later went on to become senior level ISIS leaders or anything.

All I know is I'm not reading another boring damn link Tony posts. Nothing in them backs up his arguments and instead just shows he is off his rocker and not reading the things he links to. I read the whole fucking thing. I wasted all that fucking time. I strained for any sensible shred to support his wild ass crap. Nothing. The only thing left to conclude is he is insane. And not the fun kind. Not even the dangerous scary but a little fun because it's dangerous scary kind but the boring as fuck quote a page in a military manual as evidence of aliens sort.

Andy Daly is very astute.
    So now the New York Times, Defense Intelligence Services, Guardian, and Salon are "bullshit"?

I think it was in this Harpers article that outlined the way US arms ended up in the hands of Al Nusra and others.
    http://harpers.org/archive/2016/01/a...-relationship/

It's a little more complicated than the "Hillary and Obama created ISIS" stuff you sometimes hear
    Of course, but just because that quote is a wild oversimplification mean that the basic gist is wrong. It's already well documented that the US armed those groups, and the US government's own intelligence reports indicate that they were well aware what the likely outcome would be.

The best analogy I can make is that it's kind of like giving a paranoid schizophrenic off his meds an assault rifle and then claiming you're not responsible for the mass shooting that results.

Moderator and Priest

When I said bullshit it was because you were going on about your special mates again, who give you insider classified information on any topic you can use to sound cool on the internet, Tony. That bit was bullshit. The other stuff, dunno? You're always presenting it very defensively though, which is suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldmoon Dawn View Post
    Yeah, ok, a lot of anger you have there! As harsh as it may sound, I was speaking of those first few people who got caught in the crossfire on day one. I am talking about THOSE people, not the dreamers you are talking about. This is a 90 day ban, while they *figure out the best way to do this*. What is the problem with that? After those 90 days are up, the dreamers can carry on with their business of "coming to my country to better their lives". I dont know, but you have 90 days to get all the tears of rage out... which wont change a single thing.
    These ARE the people 'caught in the crossfire' you piece of shit. Not hypothetical 'dreamers.' They're people who have already gone through the already extremely rigorous process of getting refugee status to come to the US, only to have it ripped away from them at the last second because Steve Bannon is a white supremacist nazi monster.

'Oh it's just 90 days.' Yeah, see if you can last 90 days with no worldly possessions in a country in the middle of a civil war. And for Syrian refugees it's not 90 days, it's 'indefinite.'

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    Any reaction to this, Tony_Tarantula? Because apparently you perpetuated a political lie. Knowingly or not, an apology would be appropriate.

The more I watch things unfold the more I feel sorry for Mr. Trump. From my perspective, this man just wants to be recognized and appreciated. He tries and tries and does his best to be a copy of an alpha male. Which usually works really well for gaining recognition and appreciation. It certainly did in his teenage years, I guess. And that´s where he is stuck. In his teens, still trying to imitate behavior that he thinks is essential to a great leader.

And he thinks he got it right by being rich, influentual, having great looks despite his age, by treating women as trophies and/or sex object, by being determined and by never renegotiating.

And despite all of this, he just cannot catch a break. People keep laughing at him. Now, in a tremendous effort, at the age of 70, he made his way to one of the most powerful positions this world has to offer to fucking STOP this humuliation and finally get what he thinks he deserves. Only to have basically the whole world spit on his achievement, and, even worse, laugh at him.

And since his dad, probably the only person whose appreciation would really satisfy his needs, is dead, now he cannot stop until EVERYBODY appreciates him as the great leader and man he wants to be.

Sad.

Chakat sex pillow
    I've always said that nothing can be a sharper or more brutal weapon than real, honest empathy.

The post above mine is, however, not an example of that so much than it is projection. Hesche, while you may feel sympathetic and relate to what you perceive to be the plight of a man who is trying to do right by someone, you need to understand that that person is himself. Sympathy may help humanise him in your eyes, but pity needs to move forward and coalesce into a broader, more cogent viewpoint -- if not for anyone else, then at least for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by faetal View Post
    It's genuinely comforting that there are only 2 people on this forum consistently supporting Trump and they're both incoherent, deluded, possibly actually insane.
    Again, I am an analyst, not a partisan. It only seems like I'm a partisan to you, because in contrast, most people here have a predisposed bias against Trump. I'm simply giving him a fair shake, and presenting deeper objective realities that inevitably come up against emotionally biased personal realities. When one is unable to successfully refute an argument that runs in opposition to their confirmation bias bubble, cognitive dissonance occurs...Consequently, as you demonstrate, one will actually be driven to hallucinations as a coping mechanism, in order to maintain cognitive harmony at the expense of greater insight.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolya View Post
    ✮✮✮ It's here!...The Comment You've Been Waiting For! ✮✮✮

I don't know if that guy looks like faetal, but he certainly reflects the fortitude of his argument...
    Last edited by Vae; 31st Jan 2017 at 07:09.

No, it's a dig against Trump and his supporters. Trump thinks he knows everything and can govern the country from his gut feeling, without listening to advisors with actual expertise. Instead, he fires them and appoints people like his son-in-law and white supremacist Steve Bannon. He also makes government bodies ineffective by letting people lead them who have, in the past, expressed that they would rather do away with said government bodies altogether. On another note, he's not listening to what the federal courts said about his immigration ban. It's a trainwreck.

I feel sorry for American atheists, black people, Latino people, gay people, trans people, Muslims etc. who will be his victims. For example, there's talk that he will soon write legislation that will allow companies to discriminate gay people for religious reasons.

When shit hits the fan, I will feel less sorry for American Christians and other conservatives who voted for him, when it all blows up in their face. They made their bed, now they have to lie in it. The worldview of Evangelical American Christians (with some exceptions) and my own worldview (and many of my friends' and family's) couldn't be further apart, despite sharing the same faith.

The only positive thing I can say about Trump is that he's keeping his campaign promises for a large part. I can't believe it, but he's actually doing all the terrible things he said he would do.

And I think it's truly psychopathic to so easily brush aside the terrible effects his immigration stop is having on many people, including refugees who truly need help and fully integrated American citizens, as Goldmoon Dawn has done.

EDIT: as a side note, the only major Dutch politician who applauds Trump's immigration stop is Geert Wilders, whose Islamophobic party will probably get the most votes in our election next March. I don't know what we're in for. Luckily, no other party wants to form a government with this jackass. But it will be hard to form a government without him too, because with his party being the largest by a significant margin, you need a lot of other parties (with some overlapping but also many conflicting ideals) working together to get a majority in our equivalent of the Senate and the House.
    Last edited by Harvester; 31st Jan 2017 at 07:56. Reason: Added side note and link to source

Chakat sex pillow
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    Again, I am an analyst, not a partisan. It only seems like I'm a partisan to you, because in contrast, most people here have a predisposed bias against Trump. I'm simply giving him a fair shake, and presenting deeper objective realities that inevitably come up against emotionally biased personal realities. When one is unable to successfully refute an argument that runs in opposition to their confirmation bias bubble, cognitive dissonance occurs...Consequently, as you demonstrate, one will actually be driven to hallucinations as a coping mechanism, in order to maintain cognitive harmony at the expense of greater insight.

I don't know if that guy looks like faetal, but he certainly reflects the fortitude of his argument...
    That's funny to read, since most analysts usually present all relevant data to any given story regardless of sides to make an assertion within a certain % of confidence, and certainly don't go tumbling around the internet presenting their opinions as facts with a side of unearned smug condescension like a kid trying to appear superior by walking around with crabapples stuffed in their cheeks. It's ironic that you talk about cognitive dissonance when your own post evidences so much of it.
    Last edited by Sulphur; 31st Jan 2017 at 07:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    I've always said that nothing can be a sharper or more brutal weapon than real, honest empathy.

The post above mine is, however, not an example of that so much than it is projection. Hesche, while you may feel sympathetic and relate to what you perceive to be the plight of a man who is trying to do right by someone, you need to understand that that person is himself. Sympathy may help humanise him in your eyes, but pity needs to move forward and coalesce into a broader, more cogent viewpoint -- if not for anyone else, then at least for yourself.
    Well, all I know for certain is that he absolutly thinks that he is right and that his actions are in perfect alignment with his interests. The rest might very well be a projection. Imagine some of that may actually be true. Imagine being in this position. There is no way out of this if he keeps following his tactic. Which is imitating the behavior of someone he very much likes to be. For example, by stubbornly following a path he once declared to be the only right direction without any further evaluation. Since this is what political leaders with principles do, right? They never reconsider, they never give up, they get it done and they never fail.

I think there currently is a great potential for people to find out by what type of person they would like to be represented by. Mr. Trump should make the decission quite easy since he so obviously is just a poor imitation of a good political representative.

Normal procedure. It's best to only make hard claims about what you can cite or provide evidence for. I'm not going to through the trouble of screen-capping the exact facebook convos.

BTW you know who else agrees with me?

Naom Fucking Chomsky

NOAM CHOMSKY: Syria is spiraling into real disaster, a virtual suicide. And the only sensible approach, the only slim hope, for Syria is efforts to reduce the violence and destruction, to establish small regional ceasefire zones and to move toward some kind of diplomatic settlement. There are steps in that direction. Also, it’s necessary to cut off the flow of arms, as much as possible, to everyone. That means to the vicious and brutal Assad regime, primarily Russia and Iran, to the monstrous ISIS, which has been getting support tacitly through Turkey, through—to the al-Nusra Front, which is hardly different, has just the—the al-Qaeda affiliate, technically broke from it, but actually the al-Qaeda affiliate, which is now planning its own—some sort of emirate, getting arms from our allies, Qatar and Saudi Arabia. Our own—the CIA is arming them. We don’t know at what level; it’s clandestine. As much as possible, cut back the flow of arms, the level of violence, try to save people from destruction. There should be far more support going simply for humanitarian aid. Those who are building some sort of a society in Syria—notably, the Kurds—should be supported in that effort.

https://www.democracynow.org/2016/5/...a_conflict_cut

What I'm arguing isn't "insanity", it's well known and commonly accepted fact to the professional foreign policy community. Even among the "think tank clique" (people that think like David Brooks, Tom Friedman, etc) as I call them the general attitude is STILL one of trying to forget that arming "rebels" was a mistake mixed with some form of "but regime change is still necessary!" The US never formally renounced their commitment to regime change in Syria until Trump's inauguration speech.....not that his idea is great( "bomb the shit out of them" would be a massive mistake for reasons outlined by better pundits than I) but it's better than arming and aiding them.
    Last edited by Tony_Tarantula; 31st Jan 2017 at 08:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Tarantula View Post
    BTW you know who else agrees with me?

Naom Fucking Chomsky
    LOL. You two would make perfect company.

Who the fuck is naom chomsky? Is that your uncle at nintendo?

Quote Originally Posted by Kolya View Post
    Any reaction to this, Tony_Tarantula? Because apparently you perpetuated a political lie. Knowingly or not, an apology would be appropriate.
    Snopes is run by a married couple. A left-wing married couple. They also received funds from the DNC and Hillary's team according to the Podesta emails.
    Don't use Snopes to fact-check political issues unless you think that two left-wing people who "google things" is a sufficient "appeal to authority".

The fact remains that that isn't Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi though, doesn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by nbohr1more View Post
    Don't bash Snopes to discredit factual statements unless you think that "left-wing people who google things" is a sufficient "ad hominem attack".
    FTFY

Quote Originally Posted by Fafhrd View Post
    you piece of shit
    Good point, um... nice talking to you. And I really dont care if anyone can come to my country and pursue their dreams, in fact if it was up to me, I would permanently close the borders. I was born and raised here, this is my country.

Quote Originally Posted by nbohr1more View Post
    Don't use Snopes to fact-check political issues unless you think that two left-wing people who "google things" is a sufficient "appeal to authority".
    Can't trust facts; reality has a well-known liberal bias! ...Snopes cites their sources, and has a very long track record, with very few missteps on it. Faux News it ain't.

I really hope you're not representative of any sizable demographic, goldmoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldmoon Dawn View Post
    Good point, um... nice talking to you. And I really dont care if anyone can come to my country and pursue their dreams, in fact if it was up to me, I would permanently close the borders. I was born and raised here, this is my country.
    If you add Heil Trump to that you might climax faster...

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    Can't trust facts; reality has a well-known liberal bias!
    This must be why alternative facts are in such great demand lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    Snopes should have an entire section just devoted to Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by hopper View Post
    FTFY
    Did you read the Snopes article?

Snope's "debunk" was "it looks like him but un-named sources say "it isn't him..." we can't prove it isn't him because it would expose the individual to harm".
    Sounds more like State Propaganda than a proper debunk.

It doesn't matter. It's well documented in the Podesta emails that our Government knew that we were funding the group who would later become ISIS.
    (And accepted campaign funds from the Saudis and Qatar who they also knew were funding ISIS after they became a threat.)
    All the left-wing hand wringing about the semantics of "how that specifically happened" means nothing when we have leadership with blood on their hands.
    If everything in this affair were done by George W. the whole forum would be tarring him for the calamity but because that phoney neocon-DINO democrat Hillary was involved
    we now have to parse out the origin of atrocity with surgical precision lest we offend the wrong part of the partisan narrative.
    Last edited by nbohr1more; 31st Jan 2017 at 11:44.

Page 103 of 558 FirstFirst ... 35358636873788388939899100101102103104105106107108113118123128133138143148153203353 ... LastLast