TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: How long will Trump be President?

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Term (4 Years)

26 18.31%
  • 2 Terms (8 Years)

49 34.51%
  • 1st Term Impeachment/Assassination

50 35.21%
  • 2nd Term Impeachment/Assassination

4 2.82%
  • I don't know what's going on!

13 9.15%
Page 19 of 540 FirstFirst ... 491415161718192021222324293439444954596469119269519 ... LastLast

Thread: ✮✮✮ !Trump Dump! ✮✮✮

Of the top 10 current polls, 7 have Clinton winning from a comfortable lead to a landslide, 2 a tie meaning it'll be a coin flip, only 1 a Trump major win, but even there if you look at the numbers, Trump is polling lower than where he's losing in other polls & it's only because they're predicting Clinton will only get ~1/3 votes, meaning another full 1/3 has to vote for a minor party, which has never happened, not even close, in our 250 year long history. So that scenario is a bit far-fetched. Clinton's going to win, unless of course something truly insane happens before November that tips the scales. I'm not going to count out the possibility.

verbose douchebag
    Never rule out the something insane. I have watched the UK turn into a fucking circus over the course of a few months.

Administrator
    They managed to get a progressively senile Reagan in twice...

Not sure if I've mentioned it earlier in the thread, but personally I thought Trump's responses to both the shooting of policemen several weeks ago + the Nice attack were far superior to Hillary's. Felt more genuine.

Yes he's a complete racist, and yes he's bonkers, but I like him far more than Hillary. I can't be the only one.

verbose douchebag
    Saying someone is more likeable than Hilary Clinton is hardly saying anything at all.

National polls don't mean much. Barring the emergence of a major scandal, crisis, or disaster that would upend everything, our current political demographics + the electoral college system mean this Presidential election will be decided in the same handful of battleground states as the last four.

Given the unpopularity of the candidates, it looks like this election is going to have even lower than usual turnout among swing voters and will be decided by who can turn out more of their party base in half a dozen key states. Right now, it looks like Clinton will win because the Democratic party base is just bigger, the party is somewhat more united, and she has a better organized "ground game". But it really does depend on how the state level campaigns go in places like Florida and Ohio.

The Senatorial Republicans have also helped turn this into a base election by not progressing the confirmation of Merrick Garland, putting an open Supreme Court seat at stake. I think as we get closer to election day, the candidates' unfavorables will matter less and less because people will be looking at that vacancy as the most important campaign issue.

Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    ...superior to Hillary's. Felt more genuine.

Yes he's a complete racist, and yes he's bonkers, but I like him far more than Hillary. I can't be the only one.
    This argument baffles me. "He's a bonkers racist, but at least he seems like a genuine bonkers racist!" Okay, so we genuinely don't want him anywhere near the position of Commander and Chief, right?

To me, Hillary Clinton is way more genuine. She's obviously painfully uncomfortable with the daily activities of running for office. How do you get more genuine than that? Being a better actor does not make Trump (or anybody else) "genuine" at all.

Yeah icemann, don't lose sight of the key issue here - he's a racist, misogynist, elitist, egocentric, callous, fuckwitted bully with as much interest in 'serving the people' as Dick Jones from Robocop. If you vote for him, you're an absolute dickhead. Get that 10000% crystal clear.

Looks like Trump's got his wall at last.

Well, that's quite a work of "art" there. Love all the idiots taking pictures with their phones.

I don't think Hillary Clinton is any more interested in 'serving the people' than Donald Trump, which is why people are putting Giant Meteor 2016 bumper stickers on their cars.

In stunning news, Trump's nomination speech isn't just bad, even by Trump standards, worse, it's boring as hell.
    He says a lot of nothing, and just keeps saying it for what feels like ever. Blah, blah, blah.

Edit. I've been watching historical speeches lately. And say what you will about the evils of Reagan and Nixon, brothers knew how to give a speech that got people up and inspired by some higher calling, and the nomination speeches are supposed to be go-time, when you pull out the biggest rhetoric for the ages. I'm maybe most embarassed that the standards are so low for the GOP now, you just screech Bengazi or Muslims or Mexicans or Killary and that passes for inspiration.

To paraphrase the nomination speech of a tricky Dick, Our long national nightmare is just beginning.

Edit2: Also re: Cruz's betrayal (he refused to endorse Trump in his convention speech). I'm actually surprised he's the only one that would snub Trump, being a radical wacko himself. I really wish a President George Bush or two would have been the one to trash him at his own convention. It shouldn't only be fringe wackos snubbing him, but the really core figures of the party to show that Trump himself is really the fringe one.
    Last edited by demagogue; 22nd Jul 2016 at 03:08.

Hmm. Conventional wisdom put Trump at a crossroads: try to act more sane and hopefully stop scaring so many voters (typical general election pivot strategy), or double down on the entertaining circus act that had brought him this far. But boring the crowd with the same old insanity? That seems to accomplish neither.

So, just say D. Trump makes the big office, what will his administration look like? Most successful businessmen have trusted advisors to produce acceptable options, if this is the route he takes what will these options look like? I cannot find much meat on his policy bone.

He seems to be an able chameleon, will he turn out to be a bright and colourful page in history or just a muddy brown redacted margin note?

Quote Originally Posted by Medlar View Post
    So, just say D. Trump makes the big office, what will his administration look like?
    I'm going to go with "incompetent cronyism" on a level even more extreme than Dubya's. I've never been able to shake the suspicion that Dubya's administration wasn't so much incompetent as simply ideologically opposed to effective governance. Trump may bring in the real deal - people not even remotely qualified for their positions, just like president Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Medlar View Post
    He seems to be an able chameleon...
    That is not my impression. He may be playacting, but he's remarkably consistent within that role, even when he probably shouldn't be. His advisors almost invariably try to reel him in a bit, and they don't seem to be succeeding.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivian View Post
    hahahhaha both our nations are fucked, wooooo
    I can't wait until I'm living out of the back of my car, on the run from feral violence gangs! TRUMP 2016!

I've already got it all planned out. I'm gonna grow my beard out, buy huge amounts of bottled water, black beans, and rice, then move into the back of an old abandoned library, surrounding myself with the words and relics of the World That Was. Oh, and I'll have an old Apple II hooked up to a hand cranked generator.

It's gonna be awesome.

If Trump gets elected, at least he won't be president.
    He's going to put the VP in charge of actual presidenting so he can stay busy with only the trappings of the office.

So if you want to know what Trump's policies will look like, look to Mike Pence, who's pretty generic far right paleoconservative and the last person you'd ever expect to be running the show.

You couldn't make up shit this bad.

Donald Jr. wanted to make him an offer nonetheless: Did he have any interest in being the most powerful vice president in history?

When Kasich’s adviser asked how this would be the case, Donald Jr. explained that his father’s vice president would be in charge of domestic and foreign policy.

Then what, the adviser asked, would Trump be in charge of?

“Making America great again” was the casual reply.
    http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/07/20...ning-mate.html

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    I can't wait until I'm living out of the back of my car, on the run from feral violence gangs! TRUMP 2016!

I've already got it all planned out. I'm gonna grow my beard out, buy huge amounts of bottled water, black beans, and rice, then move into the back of an old abandoned library, surrounding myself with the words and relics of the World That Was. Oh, and I'll have an old Apple II hooked up to a hand cranked generator.

It's gonna be awesome.
    That's disgusting!

Why would you have the Apple II hooked to a HAND cranked generator? I mean, what? Do it the right way - connect the crank to an old, rusty, broken down bicycle with no wheels, so you can pedal with your feet and at the same time play on the Apple II with your hands. Sheesh...

The current trumpiness of the political climate has deteriorated to the point that A-Team villain David Duke has manifested himself again:http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a..._national.html

Vote Hilary or live in a fucking 90's straight-to-video dystopia, those are seriously your options. She may well be a shit, but she's a LOT better than trump.
    Last edited by Vivian; 23rd Jul 2016 at 09:24.

You would have to put a gun to my head to get me to vote for either of these two nominees.

Hillary's not that bad. Trump is that bad.

To me, Hillary is the lesser of two evils. But I find her to be personally repugnant, and I'm not on the same page with her on several policy issues that I care about. So she's not getting my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by heywood View Post
    To me, Hillary is the lesser of two evils. But I find her to be personally repugnant, and I'm not on the same page with her on several policy issues that I care about. So she's not getting my vote.
    Dude seriously, it's her or trump. If you don't vote and trump gets in, you are fucked. Is that really what you want? Fucking swallow your pride and do it dude, the alternative is horrendous

Letting the greater evil into power because their opponent isn't pure enough does no good and a lot of harm. We had a chance to primary Clinton again. I voted for Sanders. But November is time to shut down Trump - nothing else is as important.

Aren't there other, independent candidates one can vote for? Because if you don't like either of the "big" candidates, but vote for the one you dislike slightly less, then you are perpetuating the problem anyway, aren't you?

Page 19 of 540 FirstFirst ... 491415161718192021222324293439444954596469119269519 ... LastLast