TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: How long will Trump be President?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Term (4 Years)

26 18.06%
  • 2 Terms (8 Years)

51 35.42%
  • 1st Term Impeachment/Assassination

50 34.72%
  • 2nd Term Impeachment/Assassination

4 2.78%
  • I don't know what's going on!

13 9.03%
Page 26 of 558 FirstFirst ... 611162122232425262728293031364146515661667176126276526 ... LastLast

Thread: ✮✮✮ !Trump Dump! ✮✮✮

I know. The crazy is growing. I see it on face book. People actually believe this insanity. I try to fight the good fight and show what the lie factory is doing but it bounces off the skulls of the obtuse. I site sources only to be ignored. They LIKE the flavor of bullshit. And worse they post disgusting crap like Hillary supporters should take the plastic bag challenge and there is a picture of Hillary with one plastered to her face in an effort to get air. These folks are very close to boarding the crazy train. I had someone unfriend me simply for showing how to tell if something is real or not on the net. It seriously concerns me.

BTW if I seem a bit loopy I have been painting the kitchen without ventilation in favor of air conditioning and am drunk off my ass. It is too hot to be otherwise.

Check this link, it is from a former CIA head about his vote and why. I agree 100% and had already come to the same conclusion. http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/05/op...nton.html?_r=1
    Last edited by Tocky; 7th Aug 2016 at 04:19. Reason: Spelling you nosey fucker.

Hahah Tocky, seriously? If someone says your mum it is NEVER serious. It's just an acknowledgement that it could be inserted into the conversation at that point. And it's always the platonic mum, never anyone specific's actual mum. It is playground humour, yeah, but it's pretty bog-standard stuff. You really get punchy mad if someone says that? Where are you from?

Your mum's a bit tired

...after I got through with her.

Moderator and Priest
    You know what sucks? Seeing a perfect hook for a mom joke, then scrolling down, and finding out the two chucklefucks above me already me beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    You know what sucks?
    Your mum?

(That's it btw, this thread is now over. It's just going to be 'your mum' jokes from now on)

Well I wrote a Trump limerick and got 3 likes, 2 ttlgers and Ian Bremmer haha. (It's more impressive when you know he's a celebrity.) Fucking gold star day!

Quote Originally Posted by Vivian View Post
    Hahah Tocky, seriously? If someone says your mum it is NEVER serious. It's just an acknowledgement that it could be inserted into the conversation at that point. And it's always the platonic mum, never anyone specific's actual mum. It is playground humour, yeah, but it's pretty bog-standard stuff. You really get punchy mad if someone says that? Where are you from?
    It came from out of nowhere during serious discussion about shit that scares me. It was weird as fuck.

And your mum is a weird ass fuck.

Bit specific and not really linked to anything said, but you're getting there.

Quote Originally Posted by MoroseTroll View Post
    Massacres of Poles in Volhynia and Eastern Galicia
    Your friend:

Quote Originally Posted by bjack View Post
    I have followed the story of Khan via Breitbart
    Well. This explains everything.

Moderator and Priest
    To be fair, I've been following the Kahn story via Breitbart as well, though mostly to see the depths people would go to in order to justify their position.

Turns out there's no such thing as the bottom of the barrel.

242: Never met that guy. So, you're saying that I was lying about the massacre in Volhynia? I wonder what Polish taffers here would tell you about it.

I don't care about you.

Last edited by 242; 7th Aug 2016 at 17:54.

Quote Originally Posted by 242 View Post
    I don't care about you.
    Yeah, I can see that . Seems you also don't care about an uncomfortable questions, too. Which means that you are just a demagogue. You may continue to spit your lie over here - but the more you do it, the less people here will believe in it. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Tocky View Post
    Has anyone seen the conservative Christian video that basically says Hillary is the anti-christ? Talk about scary. I've only seen the preview but it starts out, well here check it out- https://www.facebook.com/Precinct3083/ that is some weird shit. It says the left is using scare tactics when the whole thing is a scare tactic and they are such dullards they are incapable of turning the mirror on themselves. It works though. There are an amazing number of dullards.
    It's amazing that people still think communism is our greatest threat. This kind of stuff is why I'd like to see the Republican party split and reborn with the Christian right loonies thrown out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tocky View Post
    Check this link, it is from a former CIA head about his vote and why. I agree 100% and had already come to the same conclusion. http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/05/op...nton.html?_r=1
    An endorsement from a former CIA head is hardly surprising and not a positive thing in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by MoroseTroll View Post
    Yeah, I can see that . Seems you also don't care about an uncomfortable questions, too. Which means that you are just a demagogue. You may continue to spit your lie over here - but the more you do it, the less people here will believe in it. Good luck!
    Every country has skeletons in their closet. Debating who treated the Poles worse 70-75 years ago isn't going to win any arguments about present day Ukraine.

You morons.

Half of the people of you on here are guilty of "viciously attacking a purple heart recipient".

But it's bad when Trump does the same thing?

Trump could have responded by saying that the leaders who sent their son to war are the people the Khan family should be upset with. And then pointed out that Clinton was a vocal supporter of the Iraq invasion.

He also could have argued that the intervention by NATO countries in Syria to stoke the civil war is the root cause for the refugee crisis and the spread of Islamic terrorism by IS. And if it wasn't for that, he wouldn't be calling for a timeout on Muslim immigration. Then he could blame Clinton for her leadership in getting us involved in Syria.

Why would you ignore the substance and go for the personal jab? Instead of making Khan's attack look somewhat hypocritical, Trump basically made Khan into something of a martyr, and gave Khan the media spotlight to continue attacking him. Brilliant move.

At one point during the primaries, some people were giving Trump's intelligence the benefit of the doubt, thinking he was a sly fox who said these things because he knew how to manipulate the media and pander to the party base. I kind of bought into that for a little while at the beginning of the year. But it should be pretty obvious to everyone now that Trump is a loon with no self control.
    That said Heywood is correct about this one.

What's even more bizarre is that Trump at this time last year wouldn't have missed a beat in calling out those examples of corruption and incompetence. He would have immediately flipped the script of the argument and said everything you suggested while giving us good reasons to hate Hillary.

Hell he did that immediately when challenged by his primary supporters and repeatedly crushed Jeb Bush that exact same way.

Something is off with him and it's hard to put a finger on what.

It's amazing that people still think communism is our greatest threat. This kind of stuff is why I'd like to see the Republican party split and reborn with the Christian right loonies thrown out.
    That's exactly what you are getting. The voters overwhelmingly rejected the "Christian Right" candidate in favor of the one who was promising to make the economy better.

There's a difference between "corporations are riding the LGBT movement to make a buck, and garner some good publicity for themselves in the process", and "the LGBT movement is a corporate front using a populist position to further imbed themselves into society". I take Tony's position as aligning more with the latter, which is just paranoid drivel.
    I actually don't know, since much to my disappointment I have yet to realize any psychic abilities. The latter is certainly within the realm of possibility given some of the insanity that is to be found in the elite's own published writings but at the present I have no exoteric reason to believe that it is anything other than riding the trend for their own advantage. Keep in mind I am speaking as a whole, there are of course individuals on both side of the argument who have their own individual agendas and I am not accounting for those.

However...again that is entirely ancillary to the point I was making which is that I was using it as one example among many where the position that is viewed as being "anti-establishment" is in fact the narrative funded by the esablishment and pushed within establishment media.

To throw out another example, let's go with "anti vaxxers". Not that long ago I was seeing an enormous number of pro-vaccine advertisements and billboards around. Out of curiousity I decided to lookup who owns the websites and organizations in question. It turned out that most of the ones I encountered were linked a group of SuperPacs, in turned funded by a smaller group of SuperPacs, which in turn were funded Pharma companies. I recall Eli-Lilly(I know a lot of people that work there), Bayer, and Pfizer being on that list.
    Last edited by Tony_Tarantula; 9th Aug 2016 at 15:29.

Eh?

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Tarantula View Post
    You morons.

Half of the people of you on here are guilty of "viciously attacking a purple heart recipient".

But it's bad when Trump does the same thing?
    Well yeah, because we're all idiot posters on some random website, while Trump is running for the highest political seat in the country. His conduct is expected to be a bit more nuanced than most.

What we're getting is a reality TV bullshit being spewed out across live TV, making a mockery of the position.

From that article

Mr. Putin is a great leader, Mr. Trump says, ignoring that he has killed and jailed journalists and political opponents, has invaded two of his neighbors and is driving his economy to ruin. Mr. Trump has also taken policy positions consistent with Russian, not American, interests — endorsing Russian espionage against the United States, supporting Russia’s annexation of Crimea and giving a green light to a possible Russian invasion of the Baltic States.
    You mean......kind of like Bush and Obama who killed their own citizens, tortured political opponents(Muslims who spoke out against the US) at black sites, run military campaigns in over a dozen nations, and witnessed the worst economy since World War 2?

What we're getting is a reality TV bullshit being spewed out across live TV, making a mockery of the position.
    It's been slowly headed towards this point ever since JFK's campaign made Television candidacies a thing. When you have to be literate enough to understand the language being
    discussed it tends to keep the stupid out of the discussion.

Well yeah, because we're all idiot posters on some random website, while Trump is running for the highest political seat in the country. His conduct is expected to be a bit more nuanced than most.
    To a point but here is something I've harped on even with other vets: Having made sacrifice for the war DOES NOT grant any additional validity to our opinions. Although we probably will have more insight into some foreign policy topics (e.g. my comments on the actual social factors driving European immigration and not just "Islam" are something you won't get anywhere else) that doesn't mean we're always right.

My issue isn't with him "attacking a Gold Star Father" in that regards but that it is highly unprofessional to go after a random that way. It should be beneath you even in the most drastic scenarios where they are paid operatives......save the vicious attacks for people like Hillary who deserve it.

The issue is not just that he said bad things about the parents of the fallen soldier (although it was certainly distasteful), he also compared the sacrifice to his own personal success and treated a purple heart medal like some kind of a souvenir.

Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    The issue is not just that he said bad things about the parents of the fallen soldier (although it was certainly distasteful), he also compared the sacrifice to his own personal success and treated a purple heart medal like some kind of a souvenir.
    Hence why I said his comments were dickish. There are two complaints, the specific(his remarks) and the general(to quote on guy on my FB feed "You NEVER attack a gold star family!!") The specific was extremely crass, but in the general I do not think someone should be off limits for political attacks because of military service.

Moderator and Priest
    A presidential candidate attacking someone who served in the military? Probably above board, depending on the circumstances.

A presidential candidate insulting the religion of a family who lost their son fighting for a US cause, because they had to temerity to speak out against their stated policy of blanket banning adherents of said religion from entering the country, and suggesting those here should be put on watchlists? Not swooft.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    Well yeah, because we're all idiot posters on some random website, while Trump is running for the highest political seat in the country.
    Speak for yourself. HENKE 2020 - MAKING AMERICA EVEN MORE GREATER!

Please direct your questions to my VP, MrDuck.

C'mon, henke, we all know that you'd actually be Secretary of Transportation. Spintires for everyone!

Page 26 of 558 FirstFirst ... 611162122232425262728293031364146515661667176126276526 ... LastLast