TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: How long will Trump be President?

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Term (4 Years)

26 18.18%
  • 2 Terms (8 Years)

50 34.97%
  • 1st Term Impeachment/Assassination

50 34.97%
  • 2nd Term Impeachment/Assassination

4 2.80%
  • I don't know what's going on!

13 9.09%
Page 34 of 554 FirstFirst ... 491419242930313233343536373839444954596469747984134284534 ... LastLast

Thread: ✮✮✮ !Trump Dump! ✮✮✮

What is it with you people? Cant you even come up with anything that even remotely resembles a pulse?!

What I am saying, as an American who was born and raised here, is that by not voting for Republican or Democrat, I am not contributing to the corruption it has polluted the country with.

On the contrary I vote every chance I get, every time I see an independent vote! You flunky, I *am* participating, Im not sitting at home eating chocolate donuts, I am working, paying taxes, and voting when possible.

That is an extremely valid viewpoint, and one that is shared more and more as this charade continues to reach its ugly head. Born and raised, and have paid more American taxes in that time than I care to recall, trust me, I count as a citizen.

Its been fun, but.... I must go lurk, until Renz tickles me again.

Voting third part in non-swing states is the only reasonable option. The fact is that the presidential election basically counts for nothing in most US states, and for all the states with a wide margin of victory (see http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/...tion-forecast/) you're throwing away your chances to get wider exposure, partial federal funding and possibly debate inclusion for a third party. We could break the two party system if people only focused presidential election efforts in projected swing states and focused exclusively on third parties and local elections in the rest - because the local elections are going to have a WAY bigger effect in most states than the presidential elections, and yet most people totally ignore them.

Also relevant: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...nton.html?_r=0
    We the people are giving presidential elections, and especially the mainstream candidates, WAY more attention than they deserve with the way our electoral system works, and that serves to endlessly reinforce structural problems by taking the focus off local elections and never allowing the party choices to widen.

Goldmoon, you said if there isn't an independent, you don't vote. I appreciate what you're saying, but I don't think there is ever an excuse for not voting. That's how terrible twats end up being in charge (see our current UK government). What's my (extremely low resting rate btw nbd) pulse got to do with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Vivian View Post
    I appreciate what you're saying, but I don't think there is ever an excuse for not voting.

Did you even read what froghawk expounded upon? You must have some misguided view that independent candidates arent out there. I get off my ass, and pursue them at the polls. I vote independent because I refuse to contribute to the corrupt, and bullshit, "two party system".

Why can I not just LURK! What is it with you??? Im really gonna go this time, thanks for the good times! You Freak!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    Don't vote for Clinton. She'll lead us right into a war! Vote for Trump! He'll keep the peace in the middle...uh...

...well shit.

Between Clinton's record, and Trump's thin skin and tendency to escalate, I'm not seeing how one is objectively better than the other here when it comes to the potential for starting a war.

And just in case you pull the MSM SMEAR TACTICS AND LIES card, Here's the same article on Infowars.
    There's three possible scenarios.

One is if we assume Trump is completely full of shit. This is most likely, given his track record for being full of shit and pandering towards the "redneck" demographic).

Second is that he is sincere about his isolationist doctrine. More likely than his recent talk because on those occasions where he got asked about foreign policy at any time prior to 2012 he usually argued against military adventurism.

Third option is he's serious. A war with Iran is still a vastly better outcome than a war between the US and Russia.

You know, I wanted to write up this long post about the uglier far ends of our political spectrum, both the left and the right, and explain how, despite their presentation, they're a helluva lot more similar than they are dissimilar. But I'm feeling lazy, so I'm just going to write up a pithy quip: It's like the worst of 4chan and Tumblr have leaked out into the real world, and are ruining this election.
    Both of these candidates do have the same problem:they believe that executive authority should supersede due process and the rule of law. It's great while the leader is the one on "our side" but it doesn't last long. Once they are allowed to disregard those things then it means that any leader can do literally whatever the hell he wants to you without repurcussions....and historically speaking there is a roughly 100% chance that this power will be used for malevolent reasons before very long.

So basically we're done either way. The only difference is how long we get to a state of affairs where the government begins openly robbing the citizenry (they already want to seize pension funds and it's not uncommon to be accosted by IRS agents at the gate).
    Last edited by Tony_Tarantula; 12th Sep 2016 at 21:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Tarantula View Post
    That's about the worst defense you could possibly have chosen to make. Hillary's support as a senator was one of the key reasons that the invasion happened in the first place.....everything you just wrote about what Bush did applies equally to Hillary.
    I'm sorry, what? Did Hillary send Colin Powell to testify before the UN that an invasion of Iraq was necessary because they were this close to having Weapons of Mass Destruction? No. Was Hillary all over the news cycles claiming that the Iraqi people would greet be throwing flowers at American troops and greeting us as liberators? No. She was one 'yea' vote. Out of 77. Not only that, but in her own speech delivered on the Senate floor on 10/10/02 she says outright that a unilateral attack against Iraq is a terrible idea. She wasn't a tie breaking vote. She wasn't stumping for the war.

I get that you hate Russia because they oppose progressive social justice politics, but if we start a war with them the most likely outcome is that everything you believe in will be crushed.
    Take your fearmongering elsewhere. A. There will be no war against Russia. B. If, god forbid, there were a war against Russia, it won't be a war between Russia and the US. It'll be a war with Russia on one side, the US and Europe and likely China on the other (why China? Because China has a vested interest in the US continuing to be a going concern, to the tune of $1.3 trillion. Not to mention how much of their economy is reliant on selling consumer goods to the States. The US goes down, China's economy goes with it). Russia gets crushed in that war. Literally. And Putin knows it, which is why he's doing everything he can to weaken NATO. Like, f'r'instance, supporting Donald Fucking Trump for president.

More likely than his recent talk because on those occasions where he got asked about foreign policy at any time prior to 2012 he usually argued against military adventurism.
    No he didn't.

Chakat sex pillow
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldmoon Dawn View Post
    Why can I not just LURK! What is it with you???
    Don't worry, no one wants to stop you.

I was speaking to vivian, who took three times to understand a basic concept. If it is so important to you, that I go back to lurking, why would you invoke my name then, forcing me to respond, yet again, to even more nonsensical bandwagoning asshattery???

Chakat sex pillow
    Maybe someday you'll be able to realise that the only obstacle to your own lurking is yourself.

I was speaking to vivian, who took three times to understand a basic concept. If it is so important to you, that I go back to lurking, why would you invoke my name then, forcing me to respond, yet again, to even more nonsensical bandwagoning asshattery???
    Tell me about yourself Goldmoon. You're clearly quite an unusual person. Who apparently can't count to three, but that's by the by.

I can't believe he's posted like 5 times in a row without mentioning Might & Magic or Ultima.

verbose douchebag
    I've never been a believer that if you don't vote, you can't contribute to the debate. If you vote, then your vote is counted as acceptance of the ideals / policies / manifesto / sound-bites of the party you voted for. No matter what your personal reasons are, the party who wins WILL declare that they have the support of x% of the voters, which isn't necessarily true if you've just voted for the least shit option, but one you still actively dislike. Democracy is more than just voting, it is also lobbying and holding the state to account for the needs of the citizens, and in some instances, voting just isn't a way to do that. Particularly when it's fairly obvious that the available options are bought.

And no, this doesn't mean I support GMD (which is nicely illustrative of my point).

Who apparently can't count to three, but that's by the by.
    You didnt get it the first time, obviously. You didnt even get it the second time. It took the third attempt at near identical statements, before you stopped responding, which allowed me to assume that you finally realised how silly you are.

Sulphur, whatever.

Starker? Wow, I was here lurking since day one, due to my rapid curiousity of all things classic crpg. I dont need to go anywhere else, nope. Lets investigate register dates and post counts before we start brandishing sloppy demands around. And my first account only had 4 posts.

Brethren...

This *has* been fun, Im glad you managed to stop by!!!!

Firstly, I was lurking here long before I registered (and a long while after). I have just never needed to draw attention to the fact. Secondly, if you constantly feel the need to point out that you won't be posting here, maybe the solution would be to do exactly that. Lastly, what on Earth has Trump got to do with classic CRPGs? Actually, wait, don't answer that.

Oh, and I haven't been demanding anything, I just found the entirely self-inflicted harm funny, so I posted some helpful advice, that is all. We could well do without your drive-by verbal droppings about the gay agenda or what other bigoted bullshit you carry around, thank you very much.
    Last edited by Starker; 13th Sep 2016 at 15:13.

Goldmoon, don't leave, c'mon, I want to hear more about you fighting the system.

You didnt get it the first time, obviously. You didnt even get it the second time. It took the third attempt at near identical statements, before you stopped responding, which allowed me to assume that you finally realised how silly you are.
    Well, you know what happens when you assume (actually I stopped responding because I got on a plane). Why so hostile dude?

Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    Lastly, what on Earth has Trump got to do with classic CRPGs?
    I dont know, ask Brethren. He is the one who brought it up smart guy.

Why so hostile dude?
    Long story.

I've got time, what's going on? How are you?

If Hillary's campaign was covered the same way Trump's is:

Actually, this is a lot like the frenzy of "she stumbled, therefore she must be on the verge of dying".

Meanwhile, all you need with Trump is to quote him verbatim. Or at least I've not found a better way to belittle him.

I've got time, what's going on? How are you?
    I was born on October 17th, I was married on October 19th, and my mother passed away last October 18th. As these anniversaries loom, I am getting more and more sullen. My mother and I had an extremely powerful spiritual connection, so it will take a few years, Im sure, to turn this around.

However, that is in no way related to my, performance, ITT.

I merely popped in to make some comments that were mostly meant for Renz, since he is the one I quoted. I even managed to slip in a "michelle is a tranny". I was all set to move on after Im sure we both at least chuckled a few times, but NO!

guess whut happened...

Yep.

And now, Im gonna... um....

I dont know what Im gonna do, but I assure you it will most certainly involve reading what you guys/gals type. So, please... do carry on with this enchanting affair!

Welp since Hillary passed out on her feet Sunday and had to be bodily lifted into her van, it's all over but the crying. Trump 2016.

New DNC leaks. First one I saw: looks like when it comes to "those RAYCISSS Republicans are Gerrymandering!" argument, it's a case of stones and glass houses.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CsRQJ0iXYAA-C-L.jpg

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by heywood View Post
    His ideas are nothing new, but they're only now starting to get traction because of the recession and income inequality. Social democrats were marginalized in the 1980s and 1990s because times were good, the middle class was strong, most people had seen their standard of living increase over their life, and even people at the bottom could find full-time jobs with benefits in the service sector. That's gone, and we're heading towards another Gilded Age. Twenty years ago, I was more libertarian-leaning and thought Bernie Sanders was out of touch. And this year, I voted for him. I don't think my values have changed that much, but the situation has.
    When I first started voting, I considered myself a centrist Republican. Hell, my very first election, I voted Bush. While I've drifted more and more towards the Democrat side of the aisle as I've gotten older, I honestly don't think that my politics have changed by any huge degrees. It feels more like everything else has drifted to the right, leaving me in a position that's now considered very left.

Economically, I'm all for a light touch government. One that doesn't interfere unless it's absolutely necessary. The government's job that of a regulator. If things are going well, it does nothing. If things are going badly, it kicks it back into place, then steps off to the side once things are going smoothly again. Market regulations should be applied primarily to the high end to assure the health of the market, and prevent gross abuses from our multibillion dollar corporations. Flexibility should always be the major concern. A government that knows when to loosen the reigns and tighten them is preferable to one that consistently adheres to a strict ideological guideline.

Welfare? I understand it can be abused, and believe it should be tightly controlled and administered. But I also understand its necessity. The idea that there's no such thing as bad luck, and only the lazy or stupid fail is nothing more than a political myth based upon the magical thinking derived version of the American dream. Hard work isn't always rewarded, there very much is such a thing as the working poor, and even the best laid plans aren't a guarantee of success. Sometimes, people get caught in a rut despite their good intentions, and need help being lifted back on their feet again. This is what welfare is for. It's not a government teat we have to sell ourselves to if we want to suckle from it. It's a safety net, meant to break a fall, and be bounced out of. This is how it's designed, and how it, more or less, works even today.

Yes, people do abuse it. That's an inevitability. The lazy and indolent have been a weight on society since society became a thing. There's not much anyone can do about it. But we need to understand that, despite the propaganda, these people are fairly rare, making up, at most, a scant few percent of our welfare recipients. We should do everything we can to minimize the damage they can cause, but we shouldn't consider the notion of welfare a failure simply because these people exist to ride it. To nix it entirely would only serve to punish the many who desperately need it to spite the few undeserving.

20-30 years ago, I'd be considered pretty centrist, slightly right leaning. These days? If I were to post this on Facebook, I can guarantee you it wouldn't even be five minutes before someone accuses me of being a radical leftist Marxist.

Page 34 of 554 FirstFirst ... 491419242930313233343536373839444954596469747984134284534 ... LastLast