TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: How long will Trump be President?

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Term (4 Years)

26 18.18%
  • 2 Terms (8 Years)

50 34.97%
  • 1st Term Impeachment/Assassination

50 34.97%
  • 2nd Term Impeachment/Assassination

4 2.80%
  • I don't know what's going on!

13 9.09%
Page 37 of 553 FirstFirst ... 27121722273233343536373839404142475257626772778287137287537 ... LastLast

Thread: ✮✮✮ !Trump Dump! ✮✮✮

A bit late, but for those of you who insist that Hillary's win over sanders Was completely legitimate and that there's "nothing to see here", read the report below.

Of particular note is that the reporter who published this is the same reporter who uncovered the vote fraud in Florida that stole the election from Al Gore.

http://www.gregpalast.com/california...n-greg-palast/

And speaking of that narrative about "violent trump supporters".

Part of the reason why the focus is more on identity politics is that both of the candidates have major character flaws.
    No. The focus on identity politics is because it works. Up until now most of the right (right-identifying voters and activists, not the party leadership) have been laboring under the illusion that "facts" will persuade people.

Facts don't persuade people. What persuades people is tribalism.

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/1378160...tional-reviews
    Last edited by Tony_Tarantula; 29th Sep 2016 at 11:14.

Let's hope it's true and let's hope it finally ends Trumps run.

http://www.newsweek.com/2016/10/14/d...da-504059.html

Moderator and Priest
    Good god. If that's true, it'll eclipse every other hot topic issue currently flying about this election, up to and Hillary's currently pending conflict of interest suit with the Clinton Foundation.

If he's found guilty of this, he could be tried for treason by the very letter of the law, if the knife were twisted hard enough.
    Last edited by Renzatic; 29th Sep 2016 at 22:28.

Let's twist again
    Like we did last summer

Moderator and Priest
    Comeon, baby!
    Let's do the TWIST!

AHHH!

:guts fall out:

Quote Originally Posted by Nicker View Post
    Let's hope it's true and let's hope it finally ends Trumps run.

http://www.newsweek.com/2016/10/14/d...da-504059.html
    That article is a hit piece, generated from a desperate anti-Trump news organization.

Rest assured, and unknowingly in your best interest, nothing will come from this failed attempt to manufacture corruption.

As for Hillary Clinton...despite her enormous web of deceit, and collusion from the highest levels of office to protect her, she will eventually get what is coming.

Moderator and Priest
    ...it's like clockwork.

This isn't an editorial, Vae. I doubt very, very seriously that a news organization as fairly well respected as Newsweek would knowingly run a false story of this depth and scope, risking a potentially massive hit to their integrity and reputation when it's inevitably fact checked, and serving themselves up for the mother of all libel suits, simply to run a smear piece of Trump.

As for Hillary Clinton, I have no doubt she's done some shady things in her day. But considering that no one has yet to find any evidence of wrongdoing over the last 30 years, an impressive feat, considering how deeply she's been scrutinized and investigated during that time, I doubt there's much left to hang her on.

Though as an aside, I do have to remark on how funny it is when any negative press concerning Trump is immediately dismissed as yet more hit pieces by a desperate Leftist Mainstream Media, while any negative quips concerning Clinton, even when sourced form the same sites that were previously derided as biased, are always taken as gospel truth.

Sometimes I wish I could vote for the amazingly competent villain Hillary's detractors seem to think she is.

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    I doubt very, very seriously that a news organization as fairly well respected as Newsweek would knowingly run a false story of this depth and scope, risking a potentially massive hit to their integrity and reputation when it's inevitably fact checked, and serving themselves up for the mother of all libel suits, simply to run a smear piece of Trump.
    Long ago, and for many years, Newsweek did have some journalistic respectability...However, ever since The Daily Beast (a far left propaganda media organization) merged with the failing magazine, that was the end of that...and now the puppet brand known as "Newsweek", has become nothing more than a partisan rag...which will do whatever it takes in order to smear the political opposition right before an election.

As for Hillary Clinton, I have no doubt she's done some shady things in her day. But considering that no one has yet to find any evidence of wrongdoing over the last 30 years, an impressive feat, considering how deeply she's been scrutinized and investigated during that time, I doubt there's much left to hang her on.
    There's been plenty of evidence of wrongdoing...unfortunately, this is not being acted upon, due to a network of collusion involving members of the F.B.I., the U.S. Department of Justice, and the Executive Branch.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    Long ago, and for many years, Newsweek did have some journalistic respectability...However, ever since The Daily Beast (a far left propaganda media organization) merged with the failing magazine, that was the end of that...and now the puppet brand known as "Newsweek", has become nothing more than a partisan rag...which will do whatever it takes in order to smear the political opposition right before an election.
    By posting something like this? If you're going to accuse them of libel, you better have something more to back up your statement than "oh, you know, they're a partisan rag".

There's been plenty of evidence of wrongdoing...unfortunately, this is not being acted upon, due to a network of collusion involving members of the F.B.I., the U.S. Department of Justice, and the Executive Branch.
    Yeah, and this collusion you talk about seems to be based upon nothing more than circumstantial evidence, coupled with conclusions you don't quite agree with.

"Comeon, guys. It's obvious they're all corrupt. Anyone could see she's TOTALLY guilty for all that stuff. It's the only explanation!"

By posting something like this? If you're going to accuse them of libel, you better have something more to back up your statement than "oh, you know, they're a partisan rag".
    The Daily Beast maintains editorial control over the puppet Newsweek brand...Knowing this puts things into proper perspective, and correctly disassociates any past credibility the Newsweek brand once had before it was taken over by a politically far left media organization.

Moderator and Priest
    That's conjecture. Prove the piece is libel.

Chakat sex pillow
    This is why political discussion is so stifling. 'They're far left', 'they're left of centre', 'this is propaganda because I know what's really going on', yadda yadda. If either side is going to debate this shit, at least back it up with something that goes beyond 'this side has a controlling interest but it's subtle, so...', and show a chain of causation/evidence towards your point instead of speaking in mumbled accusations.

That's conjecture. Prove the piece is libel.
    The Newsweek Daily Beast, is a politically far left media organization that has editorial control over the puppet Newsweek brand...That is a fact.

...and, they will have to prove their politically motivated, outlandish claim...which they never will.

Moderator and Priest
    They cite their sources, Vae. It's all based upon business records and court documents.

If you can prove that document X was taken out of context, or court statement Y proves nothing, that they're embellishing a narrative upon the presented evidence, then you have an argument that'll stand. But claiming anything coming from a "far left media organization" is false simply because they're a "far left media organization"? That's a fallacy of presumption. An empty retort, with nothing to back it up, save your own opinion.

Don't try and turn this around, Renz...You're the one who brought up the journalist integrity and reputation of Newsweek, and I am simply putting things into proper perspective...

I doubt very, very seriously that a news organization as fairly well respected as Newsweek would knowingly run a false story of this depth and scope, risking a potentially massive hit to their integrity and reputation when it's inevitably fact checked, and serving themselves up for the mother of all libel suits, simply to run a smear piece of Trump.
    Here, you mistakenly refer to Newsweek as a "news organization"...which they are not. They used to be, a long time ago...that's when they had the integrity and good reputation you speak of, which was earned after many decades of sound and accurate reporting, lead by the editors of the Newsweek news organization. There is no more Newsweek news organization..."Newsweek" is just a brand name or product of The Newsweek Daily Beast, which is controlled by the Daily Beast Editor.

To think that Newsweek has the same reputation and integrity it once had, is like saying TTLG would continue to have the same level of respect and integrity if it were bought out by Square Enix. After they installed their own mods/admins and ridiculous TOU, TTLG would just become a puppet brand of Square Enix...and would not have the same level of integrity and respect it currently appreciates.

Understanding that Newsweek is just a puppet brand of the politically motivated Daily Beast, is critical to understanding that there is, without question, a political motivation behind the article in question...Just like how Breitbart will always have a political motivation to go after Hillary, The Newsweek Daily Beast will always go after Trump...even if it only serves the purpose of casting a doubt on the opposing candidate right before an election.

Although the old Newsweek news organization would not knowingly run a false story, The Newsweek Daily Beast would...if it served a greater political purpose...Just like the New York Times did when they wrote that big hit piece back in May, in order to paint Trump as a sexist...and failed.

They were all lies based on the appearance of something true.
    Last edited by Vae; 30th Sep 2016 at 04:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    Sometimes I wish I could vote for the amazingly competent villain Hillary's detractors seem to think she is.
    If she really was that good, she wouldn't even need to run. She'd be running the country anyway.

But considering that no one has yet to find any evidence of wrongdoing over the last 30 years, an impressive feat, considering how deeply she's been scrutinized and investigated during that time, I doubt there's much left to hang her on.
    Eh, there's the whole email server thing, the arms deals she negotiated to Clinton foundation donors, and the use of the Foundation as a personal fund, plus all the stuff tied to the DNC like using funds from local parties to fund her election campaign. I think there's plenty of circumstantial evidence of wrongdoing, but no smoking gun, and nothing short of incontrovertible proof will make much of a dent in public opinion or result in prosecution. I know that a lot of this stuff gets drummed-up and exaggerated by the right-wing (BENGHAZI!!111!) but I'd be very surprised if there isn't any legitimate wrongdoing in her past, sufficiently covered up and distanced that it could never be prosecuted. The only things they can really get her on are when she flip-flops or makes stuff up, like that thing about landing under sniper fire in Bosnia.

Not saying this to support Trump in the slightest, who instead is overt with his wrongdoing given the number of people coming forward with verifiable claims about how Trump screwed them out of negotiated contracts. I'm just not convinced the lesser evil isn't an evil.

Many of Clinton's supporters want to live in denial.
    Many of Trump's supporters want to live in denial.
    People want to feel positive about who they're voting for I guess.

verbose douchebag
    So Vae, are you saying that Trump isn't linked to any businesses which broke the embargo? If so, how do you know this?
    Or is the article definitely false because it's bad for your preferred candidate and you don't like the publication?

If we're able to shape reality based on your views and say so, can I please request that you imagine the house prices in France down a bit?
    Appreciate it.

I must say I thought The Daily Beast quite a good read though I couldn't quite see the 'far left' propaganda bit. I particularly enjoyed the 'Trump Is the Illuminati King' law suit article.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    Don't try and turn this around, Renz...You're the one who brought up the journalist integrity and reputation of Newsweek, and I am simply putting things into proper perspective.
    You're still attacking the messenger, rather than the message. Even if they do have an anti-Trump bias, they can't just outright lie about something of this magnitude without facing some serious consequences. If they are, then it's up to you to point out the falsehoods contained within the article itself, point out why it's lying, rather than using the claim it's a hitpiece from a left wing rag as proof itself.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by catbarf View Post
    Not saying this to support Trump in the slightest, who instead is overt with his wrongdoing given the number of people coming forward with verifiable claims about how Trump screwed them out of negotiated contracts. I'm just not convinced the lesser evil isn't an evil.
    Clinton is far from being clean. It's all but obvious that she tends to bend the rules in her favor whenever she can, stays as mum as possible about everything, then plays the plausible deniability card as rote when even the smallest thing gets thrown back in her face. The email thing is the perfect example of it. If she owned up to it, the whole scandal would've been done and over with a year ago. Instead, she made up a billion and one excuses, pointed a bunch of fingers, all but stoking the fires of her own witch hunt.

She comes across as a very furtive person. Makes it hard for the voting public to trust her. Hence why Trump is running such a close race.

hot off the presses!!

IIT:

Will Renz ever just say, oh shi I didnt know that about newsweek, I guess there *are* parts of me that are still... oh whatever.

The show must go on!

Page 37 of 553 FirstFirst ... 27121722273233343536373839404142475257626772778287137287537 ... LastLast