TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: How long will Trump be President?

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Term (4 Years)

26 18.31%
  • 2 Terms (8 Years)

49 34.51%
  • 1st Term Impeachment/Assassination

50 35.21%
  • 2nd Term Impeachment/Assassination

4 2.82%
  • I don't know what's going on!

13 9.15%

Thread: ✮✮✮ !Trump Dump! ✮✮✮

Quote Originally Posted by Nicker View Post
    Are you feeling a bit better or does the black dog have you by the throat now?
    I have nephews and nieces in the US. I have great-nephews and nieces in the US. I think I've also got a great-great nephew in the US. It's not important that Trump is a dangerous abhorrent piece of shite but, to me, it is important that US co2 levels are on the rise again after 3 years of reduction. This is not all down to Trump but his policies on rolling back environmental protections are a substantial part of it. I'd prefer it if my relatives had clean air and some nutrition in the food they eat.

Tulsi might actually get me to vote Democrat if she runs.

This transcript is fantastic. She called out Harris’s crocodile teardrops for the self serving bullshit they are and Harris’s response was incoherent platitudes that made no sense (California prisons a role model? I know some folks who would LOVE to find out that their experience with it being a race-gang living hell was wrong).

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...death_row.html

She also called out the use of prisons for labor. That aspect is correct and it bothers me because it isn’t fundamentally different from what drove Stalin-era labor camp policies(vs. Lenin’s ideological purges) except we give themselves enough food to not starve to death.

Trump isn’t ever going to call this out because as the “law and order” president he doesn’t have any ideological disagreement with the police state.

Moderator and Priest
    Hey, how bout all them mass shootings over the last 48 hours, huh?

Must be because of Drumpf!...

Moderator and Priest
    He played his part. He may not directly be a white supremacist, but when you stoke up paranoid people with tales of rapists and murderers crossing the border to destroy our country for the sake of garnering some easy votes, you shouldn't be surprised when some people take you a little more seriously than you actually intended.

This is why politicians usually talk like politicians, Vae. You go around blaming Groups A - X for all the problems the country is facing, and someone will take it to heart. It's doubly dangerous, considering that most Trump supporters aren't exactly the brightest bulbs on the tree, and are thus easily swayed.

Well, at least you can't say Lord Dampnut hasn't been doing anything about it:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/homela...elligence-unit

The Department of Homeland Security has disbanded a group of intelligence analysts who focused on domestic terrorism, The Daily Beast has learned. Numerous current and former DHS officials say they find the development concerning, as the threat of homegrown terrorism—including white supremacist terrorism—is growing.

In the wake of this move, officials said the number of analytic reports produced by DHS about domestic terrorism, including the threat from white supremacists, has dropped significantly. People in and close to the department said this has generated significant concern at headquarters.

“It’s especially problematic given the growth in right-wing extremism and domestic terrorism we are seeing in the U.S. and abroad,” one former intelligence official told The Daily Beast.

The group in question was a branch of analysts in DHS’s Office of Intelligence and Analysis (I&A). They focused on the threat from homegrown violent extremists and domestic terrorists. The analysts there shared information with state and local law enforcement to help them protect their communities from these threats.

Then the Trump administration’s new I&A chief, David Glawe, began reorganizing the office, which is the DHS component that has a place in the Intelligence Community. Over the course of the reorganization, the branch of I&A focused on domestic terrorism got eighty-sixed and its analysts were reassigned to new positions. The change happened last year, and has not been previously reported.
    [...]

Meanwhile, some Republicans have found the real cause for the shootings (this is not satire, it's a real article):

https://www.thedailybeast.com/dan-pa...mass-shootings

Hitting Fox News airwaves on Sunday morning to discuss the latest mass shootings in El Paso and Dayton, two prominent Republican politicians both insisted that the blame for the tragic events needed to be placed at the feet of violent video games.

Appearing on Fox & Friends on Sunday, Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick wanted to know when the federal government was going to take action against the video game industry, noting that the El Paso shooter’s anti-immigrant manifesto made a brief mention of a popular war-based game.

“How long are we going to ignore—at the federal level particularly—where they can do something about the video game industry,” Patrick told the Fox hosts. “In this manifesto that we believe is from the shooter, this manifesto where he talks about living out his super-soldier fantasy on Call of Duty. We know the video game industry is bigger than the movie and music industry combined.”

While noting that the El Paso shooting should be seen as a “hate crime” as the shooter was obviously targeting immigrants, the lieutenant governor continued to point the finger at both video games and the internet as root causes of these massacres while simultaneously dismissing the need for gun control.

“Why are we allowing young people or anyone to go to a website to learn and be killed and be praised to put this manifesto out,” he exclaimed. “Why are we allowing—90 percent of our children is the estimate, between the ages of 12 and 17—watching video games? Again, larger than the music industry and the movie industry combined.”

[...]

Later on, during an appearance on Fox News’ Sunday Morning Futures, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) also ran with the narrative that video games were a major factor behind the mass shootings.

Bringing up Patrick’s remarks, host Maria Bartiromo asked McCarthy: “What are your thoughts on that, in terms of understanding that words matter, and that when we’re talking to each other on social media or looking at video games where they’re using videos of characters with these weapons, is there a conversation to be had about that, about the tone that this country is using?”

“The idea of these video games, they dehumanize individuals to have a game of shooting individuals and others,” the GOP leader replied. “I’ve always felt that is a problem for future generations and others. We’ve watched from studies shown before what it does to individuals. When you look at these photos of how it took place, you can see the actions within video games and others.”

Studies, however, do not show that video games cause violence.
    [...]

LittleFlower
    There is no need for discussion. The issue has been settled 7 years ago. Mass-shootings are fine.

An adolescent went into a kindergarten. And shot 20 toddlers and 6 grownups. Nobody cared. That was in 2012. Nobody cared. Nothing changed. Nobody did anything. The whole of the US was ok with it. We have to admit that the situation is clear now. We know where Americans stands. Talk and discussion will not amount to anything. Wasted time and energy. Mass-shootings are fine. Long live the American Way.

The video of this is making the circuit today, but anyway, for posterity -- at a rally in Florida:

"Don't forget: We don't let them, and we can't let them, use weapons. We can't," Trump said. "Other countries do. We can't. I would never do that. But how do you stop these people? You can't."

"Shoot them!" yelled a supporter in the crowd.

Trump responded with a joke, "That's only in the Panhandle you can get away with this stuff," Trump said referring to Florida's Panhandle. "Only in the Panhandle."
    In Texas we call the panhandle the north part of the state, but I think only because it's right next to Oklahoma's clear panhandle looking panhandle. If you wanted to actually hold Texas like a pan, the place you would hold would basically be El Paso. So I guess you can get away with that stuff there.

My question is what next?

Most of what you all want here has been granted. White Nationalism is banned on all social media sites. People who openly express pro-white views are unemployable in all but the most menial of jobs (and sometimes not even then). White Nationalist sites are generally banned from being hosted, cut off from all payment processors, and even referring to them is banned on mainstream websites for the most part. Expressing any expressly pro-white views are banned on every major media platform.

White nationalist groups are heavily monitored and controlled by law enforcement to the point that there have been KKK chapters where it turned out the entire leadership were all undercovers from different agencies, all working independently of each other and not knowing the others were also agents. All this talk about "putting them on watchlists" is disingenious because they're already under massive surveillance and we know because of leaked documents that the Obama administartion put massive effort into surveillance of pro-white groups while there is no evidence that has been discontinued under Trump.

You all have been getting almost every escalation against "white nationlists" that you have asked for the last twenty years or so. Has it made things better or worse?

Speaking of "Trump's Rhetoric", here is what an HBO producer had to say:

I'm sorry but I don't see any way out of this. We're long past the point where either identitarian side is capable of backing down. Both sides are now using every thing that happens as fuel to justify escalation. We've already escalated so far that the only next step there is against "White Nationlists" is to start pre-emptively arresting them or killing them....and once that happens shit will hit the fan because every single person who isn't part of the identitarian left will no longer feel that the right starting to kill leftists is morally unjustified and we have a full blown Spanish Civil War on our hands (which is more likely to be like an asymmetric insurgency than a Russian civil war situation).

Before the usual suspects pop in with their predictable, stupid-person, regurgitated quips about how I'm "Defending Nazis" or "Justifying White Supremacism" or whatever other "you're either for us or against" tribal bullshit you want to throw everyone else should keep in mind my background: I'm a guy with Jewish Ancestry who looks white. My family is likely to be purged regardless of who wins so it's time to get the fuck out of dodge.

edit: example of FBI infiltration/monitoring of online white supremacists: https://ceinquiry.wordpress.com/2019/06/17/fbi-8chan/
    Last edited by Tony_Tarantula; 5th Aug 2019 at 11:58.

LittleFlower
    The problem is not that you have boatloads of arseholes in the US.
    All civilized countries have arseholes in them. (Although the US seems to have more of them).

The problem is that you have arseholes with machine-guns, truckloads of ammo, more machine-guns, kevlar-vests, and even more guns.

Now think hard, and take a guess what a (long-term) solution would consist of ....

So, it's not the white supremacist who killed 22 people and injured dozens more who's escalating things, but rather a TV producer who had the audacity to tweet in reaction to that? As for the poor white nationalists, who are just going about their business mass murdering people, being subject to monitoring by the police, I wonder why that is.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Tarantula View Post
    edit: example of FBI infiltration/monitoring of online white supremacists: https://ceinquiry.wordpress.com/2019/06/17/fbi-8chan/
    It's all shills shilling shills through shills in your world, isn't it, Tony?

Among the far right, anyone suggesting that Russia has much to do with anything would immediately be called out for being a deep state operative out to spy on them. They think the whole thing is a plot by Hillary Clinton and the Democrats to delegitimize Trump's presidency, so they're suspicious of anything that even remotely suggests the Russian interference is true.

...you'd think that a deep cover FBI agent would know that.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    So, it's not the white supremacist who killed 22 people and injured dozens more who's escalating things, but rather a TV producer who had the audacity to tweet in reaction to that? As for the poor white nationalists, who are just going about their business mass murdering people, being subject to monitoring by the police, I wonder why that is.
    Given that, by this year alone, the white supremacists have just about managed to rack up a body count that matches ISIS's run during the entire 8 years of the Obama administration, we shouldn't be surprised the FBI is treating them as an equivalent threat.

Last I remember, no one, not even the lefty leftist came to ISIS' defense when they managed to radicalize some dipshit on the internet, but I guess it's a little different when the person doing the killing is someone who looks like you, talks like you, and used to believe in the same general political stances as you. It hits close to home when you can see a bit of yourself in these people.

...or, at least, that's what I'm assuming. Me personally, I'll never post a manifesto on 8chan, then go out to kill 20 people at a Walmart because I think Mexicans are coming to white genocide everyone. But hey, maybe I'm weird. Fuck me, right?

Yeah, I really can't imagine why law enforcement would be interested in people who advocate for genocide, prepare for a civil war, and commit terrorist acts. Must be because leftists are out there to escalate things.

Moderator and Priest
    First the left came for the Islamic extremists, and I said nothing, because fuck those towelheads...

yadda yadda yadda

...and when they came for me, it's probably because the globalist Jews who run the Deep State ordered it.

Moderator and Priest
    Oh, hey. I get what Tony's up in arms about now. 8Chan and Daily Stormer have been kicked off the internet again. I expect Vae to pop in here screaming about people refusing to associate with other people who spend their time openly celebrating the deaths of people in mass shootings, passing around the pictures of the bodies while they add little meme captions to them is the ultimate Tyranny, and it's only a matter of time before we're forced to groupthink in Liberal Newspeak.

Just hours after the El Paso shooting, Moscow Mitch tweeted out a picture where the name of his political opponent for the Senate race was on a tombstone. Subtle.

https://twitter.com/AmyMcGrathKY/sta...11295852511233

we had shootings under Obama.

Moderator and Priest
    Yeah, we did. What's your point?

it's only been racist because trump is in power

say the liberals

LIST in case you don't know who they are. follow footnotes to details on the shootings
    (Meme removed)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...9D0eOjywt3u6zs

ANYWAYS, got a million things going on so allow me to somewhat catch up here before my feeble mind gets confused.

Hmm... a guy ranting about the invasion of immigrants drives to a border town to kill immigrants while Lord Dampnut has repeatedly talked about an invasion of immigrants at the border.

Republicans: "Why did he do it? Must be the video games."
    Last edited by Starker; 5th Aug 2019 at 17:42.

Moderator and Priest
    Who the fuck's saying all mass shootings are racist? I'm only pointing out the ones that very obvious were, and pondering on the reasons why the usual suspects are screaming terrorism, like they did when every mass shooting happened to involved some Muslim guy.

If you look at it, Islamic extremism only made up a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of all the deaths that occurred in the US between 2008 and 2016, yet it was still enough to justify a blanket Muslim travel ban from those shithole dune coon countries, right? Same with all you Mexican types. Crimes committed by illegal immigrants don't even make up a full percent of our overall crime rate, yet HERE'S A PICTURE OF A WHITE WOMAN WHO WAS RAPED AND KILLED BY SOME ILLEGAL! WE CAN STOP THIS! BUILD A GIANT MULTIBILLION DOLLAR WALL! EVEN ONE DEATH IS TOO MANY!

Now we have all these white supremacists shooting up mosques, synagogues, food fairs, and now a Walmart, constituting a now easily discerned pattern of behavior, and...so? the flu kills more people than these riled up honkeys. Why should we be bothered? It's just 50-something people.

...cuz consistency would be nice. Look at the measures people have advocated for to stop the Muslim and Mexican threat, yet we have a new threat that, for all intents and purposes, is just as bad, yet we're just so "eh" about the whole thing. Getting gunned down shopping for peaches by some guy with a manifesto and a swastika tattooed on his forehead is about the same as getting killed by a drunk driver when you think about it. You're dead either way. Shit happens.

It's amazing what we can justify when the terrorists look more like me, and less like you.

consistency? this is Murika, get with the program
    anyways
    (Meme removed)
    do we have a problem? FUCK YES, THE bigger problem we have is the stack of morons in congress with no clue as what to do .

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    ...cuz consistency would be nice. Look at the measures people have advocated for to stop the Muslim and Mexican threat, yet we have a new threat that, for all intents and purposes, is just as bad, yet we're just so "eh" about the whole thing. Getting gunned down shopping for peaches by some guy with a manifesto and a swastika tattooed on his forehead is about the same as getting killed by a drunk driver when you think about it. You're dead either way. Shit happens.
    Well, not exactly a new threat. Already Timothy McVeigh back in the day was inspired by The Turner Diaries. It's the same old far right nonsense about non-white people "replacing" the white people and so on. And it's the same script Tony is following when he talks about the left starting a civil war by forcing the right-wing extremists to commit acts of terrorism.

Page 433 of 540 FirstFirst ... 183333383388393398403408413418423428429430431432433434435436437438443448453458463468473478483533 ... LastLast