TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: How long will Trump be President?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Term (4 Years)

26 18.06%
  • 2 Terms (8 Years)

51 35.42%
  • 1st Term Impeachment/Assassination

50 34.72%
  • 2nd Term Impeachment/Assassination

4 2.78%
  • I don't know what's going on!

13 9.03%
Page 45 of 558 FirstFirst ... 51015202530354041424344454647484950556065707580859095145295545 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 13942

Thread: ✮✮✮ !Trump Dump! ✮✮✮

Moderator and Priest
    Concerning that WikiLeaks link...

...what's bothering you about it? Sounds like a guy pitching a movie in the hopes that Podesta will hook him up with someone who can fund it.

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    Concerning that WikiLeaks link...

...what's bothering you about it? Sounds like a guy pitching a movie in the hopes that Podesta will hook him up with someone who can fund it.
    If you're asking the question you didn't even bother to follow up on some of those small details.

Also Renz, just for you. Regarding your comment about how it's so stupid for people to vote for Trump.

Cracked.com (NOT a conservative site.....they've gone full Social Justice Warrior lately). Sums it up pretty well.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-reason...e-talks-about/

In a city, you can plausibly aspire to start a band, or become an actor, or get a medical degree. You can actually have dreams. In a small town, there may be no venues for performing arts aside from country music bars and churches. There may only be two doctors in town -- aspiring to that job means waiting for one of them to retire or die. You open the classifieds and all of the job listings will be for fast food or convenience stores. The "downtown" is just the corpses of mom and pop stores left shattered in Walmart's blast crater, the "suburbs" are trailer parks. There are parts of these towns that look post-apocalyptic.

I'm telling you, the hopelessness eats you alive.

And if you dare complain, some liberal elite will pull out their iPad and type up a rant about your racist white privilege. Already, someone has replied to this with a comment saying, "You should try living in a ghetto as a minority!" Exactly. To them, it seems like the plight of poor minorities is only used as a club to bat away white cries for help. Meanwhile, the rate of rural white suicides and overdoses skyrockets. Shit, at least politicians act like they care about the inner cities.
    From where these people are the USA looks less like a house and more like a damn hellhole

There is a can of worms that perhaps should not be opened. But, after seeing Clinton being helped into her vehicle many people may well agree with him. Perhaps all polititians should be regularly tested, they are after all making extreme decisions and jingoistic rhetoric comes easily when as high as a kite.
    I wholeheartedly second your suggestion. After all the president is the "Commander in Chief" and even the lowliest private is subjected to drug tests on almost a monthly basis. Of course my personal guess is that both of the current candidates do an amount of Cocaine that would knock Dr. Rockso flat on his ass.
    Last edited by Tony_Tarantula; 16th Oct 2016 at 23:37.

Moderator and Priest
    What small details? That the Democrats are going to be making a propaganda film or something? Oh well. Can't be any worse than Hillary's America, can it?

I've read that article actually, and it's alternate universe counterpoint. Despite coming from, like you said, a comedy site, they both make some very good points.

I'll be the first to tell you that the true political divide in America isn't left vs. right, but city vs. rural. Republicans have, at least since the 60's, traditionally paid more attention to the countryside. They fund them more, and appeal to their type of down home conservatism. Democrats all but ignore them, focusing on urban issues, and social problems. It's not so much that one party is more right than the other, just that you have two different groups of people speaking two entirely different languages, and you ultimately need both in some shape, form, or fashion to properly run the country.

Our great divide isn't one of pure political ideology. It's one of different standards and needs.

To give a non American example - Fox owns quite a large percentage of the media industries over here in Australia, and are HEAVILY against acting on climate change. Not sure why. In the last 2 elections the news paper + it's TV media channels have ran 90% negative news reports/stories against Labor and The Greens parties who are in favor of acting on climate change.

So with this media propaganda at work, the party that is more in the direction of the opposite (not acting on climate change) - the liberal party, have won the past 2 elections. Coincidence?

I absolutely agree with you on that last post, icemann, but it doesn't argue for what you said earlier, as far as I'm concerned. Check faetal's last post in this thread, which points out exactly where a false notion of balance goes wrong.

We should consider where the Fairness Doctrine came from. In the US, it was preceded by the Mayflower Doctrine (1941), an FDR rule that banned editorial content from the radio. The Mayflower Doctrine was really designed to muzzle the big radio broadcasters so they couldn't offer opposing views of WWII and New Deal policies. The Fairness Doctrine (1949) was a refinement of the policy after the war. It changed the standard from no editorializing to requiring broadcasters to provide time to cover matters of public debate and include opposing views on those issues. But the Fairness Doctrine was also used as a censorship tool in the second red scare. Google Edward Lamb + FCC for an example.

One justification for the doctrine was the extremely limited number of broadcasters a given household could tune in to. Back then, most people could get daily news from just one newspaper (or two in a bigger city) and a couple of radio stations. When TV started to spread, households started out with one station, then two, eventually by the end of the 1960s most households had four. Given that most of the population was relying on just a few sources of news and information, a concern was that a large broadcaster could have undue political influence. But that was addressed by regulation limiting the number of broadcast stations a person or company could own, so even back then the justification for the fairness doctrine was weak.

Any policy like this is going to end up being a tool for the government to censor anti-government views.

I just noticed something odd about that DNC Chairman video:

It has 17,957 Views.....the exact same as it did yesterday.

And 21,071 likes. Youtube STOPPED THE VIEW COUNTER, probably in order to stop it from trending.

When Trump loses, one thing is for sure -- it's going to be one the longest whiniest temper tantrums yet.

Moderator and Priest
    Did you all hear that Julian Assange is dead? The Clintons had Pamela Anderson kill him with a vegan sandwich.

Moderator and Priest
    This is the 5th goddamn time I've seen this video today. Like all of James O'Keefe's bullshit, it's all overly edited and spliced together quips taken out of context, then slapped over ominous music for dramatic effect. It's about as veritas as my left nut.

It's funny how the people who run around screaming that we're all being manipulated by the media are always the first to fall for media that's obviously been manipulated.

It's funny how the people who run around screaming that we're all being manipulated by the media are always the first to fall for media that's obviously been manipulated.
    Right? I feel like there's a lot of rudderlessness on the right these days. They've clued into the fact that their leaders are full of nonsense; there's just been too many broken promises for anybody to overlook. But they still believe a lot of the nonsense; in general they've lost faith in individuals and institutions, but retain faith in principles, even farcical principles. So you get things like the widespread belief that the inability of Congressional Republicans to override Obama's veto is not because they can't, but because they won't.

Moderator and Priest
    I wouldn't call the conspiracy theorist kru The Right. They lean in that general direction, but they're not part of the classical conservative movement. Really, they don't adhere to any particular ethos beyond the belief that some nebulous They is out to get them, which, currently, is represented by the Democrat party.

Though I do find it rather hypocritical that for all the accusations of bias and manipulation by the left these conspiracy theorists throw around, it's usually those self same people who end up getting caught manipulating the truth against the so-called left for their own ends. Of course the Veritas Projects of the world always have an out. If ever they're accused of lying, they can always turn around and claim that their accusers have an "agenda", that they're running a smear campaign against them so that others will doubt their truth.

It's what O'Keefe did when he got caught manipulating video against ACORN. What he and his fell back on when they made it look like NPR was in bed with the Muslim Brotherhood. What those people did when they got caught inserting a clip of a miscarriage exam into their expose against Planned Parenthood. And they'll inevitably do the same thing with these voter fraud and paid protester claims. They'll lie through their teeth, then claim they're being victimized when they're brought to task for it.

Moderator and Priest
    The worst thing about it is that there's currently compelling, verifiable dirt to smear Clinton with currently being hosted by the FBI. They recently had 100 pages of their investigation against Hillary FOIA'd, available on their servers for all to see.

None of it paints her in a flattering light. Some of it is quite bad. Yet it's being all but ignored for this bullshit Vae posted above.

I wouldn't call the conspiracy theorist kru The Right. They lean in that general direction, but they're not part of the classical conservative movement.
    I don't know if you've been keeping up on current events, but the "classical conservative movement" just got their asses kicked. Trump might as well have burst out of Jeb Bush's chest. Boehner bailed out of one of the most powerful positions in the U.S. government, calling his own caucus ungovernable. The inmates have taken over the asylum and are purging not only those who won't toe the line, but even those who point out that the line isn't where they think it is.

But basically I was talking about the voters I see here and on Facebook. They can tell their party is rotten, they've got all kinds of crazy theories as to why, and they want someone to clean up the mess for them. Many hoped that Trump would be that person.

Chakat sex pillow
    This is the 5th goddamn time I've seen this video today. Like all of James O'Keefe's bullshit, it's all overly edited and spliced together quips taken out of context, then slapped over ominous music for dramatic effect. It's about as veritas as my left nut.
    Wait. What's wrong with your left nut.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    But basically I was talking about the voters I see here and on Facebook. They can tell their party is rotten, they've got all kinds of crazy theories as to why, and they want someone to clean up the mess for them. Many hoped that Trump would be that person.
    The Republicans are staggering about, but I wouldn't say they're quite dead yet. It's probably at its worst where it's most visible: at the national level. It's there were the crazy is most concentrated. But on the state level, it's about the same party it's always been, plus or minus a few Tea Party candidates here and there. It's also, not coincidentally, where the opposition against Trump is at its thickest.

I'm hoping against all hope that their experience with Trump will teach them a lesson about courting crazy for easy votes. It should be very obvious to them by now that when you hype up your base with rhetoric you have no intentions of following up on, the crazies will take notice, and they will come back to bite you in the ass for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur
    Wait. What's wrong with your left nut.
    Hydrocele. :P

It's about as veritas as my left nut.
    More like Verit-arse, am i rite?

I'm hoping against all hope that their experience with Trump will teach them a lesson about courting crazy for easy votes.
    And that if you try and get a politician who is very much against the status quo elected, that you can expect that the media will be against you, and therefore not have a chance in hell of winning .

Right, lets remind ourselves that trump owns several golf courses. He's about as anti-establishment as... well, as a very rich man who owns a lot of hotels and golf courses. He is about as The Man as it is possible to be. He is in no way a rebel of any kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivian View Post
    Right, lets remind ourselves that trump owns several golf courses. He's about as anti-establishment as... well, as a very rich man who owns a lot of hotels and golf courses. He is about as The Man as it is possible to be. He is in no way a rebel of any kind.
    Last edited by Draxil; 18th Oct 2016 at 11:29. Reason: unsuccessful video embedding

verbose douchebag
    Trump Twitter lead after debate was swelled by bots

Anyone want to run a quick Turing test on Vae / Tony?

verbose douchebag
    Quote Originally Posted by faetal View Post
    Trump Twitter lead after debate was swelled by bots

Anyone want to run a quick Turing test on Vae / Tony?
    (Though to fair, conveniently left out of that headline is the large number of pro-Hilary bots too. What the fuck even IS the US at this point?)

I've no idea what the US is. It all seems so bizarre.

I was going to post a link to an analysis of voter fraud or lack of it which I thought was on the BBC website but damned if I can find it now. It could have been somewhere else though as Vivian distracted me with his talk of golf courses and I was reminding myself of what Trump/Trump's company did to those people who didn't want to sell their houses to him.

Edit. I found it. Opinions welcome.

verbose douchebag
    At this point, I figure the cognitive dissonance is so loud in the minds of US Republican voters having to vote for Trump or abandon their party, that they're just going for broke.

Page 45 of 558 FirstFirst ... 51015202530354041424344454647484950556065707580859095145295545 ... LastLast