TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: How long will Trump be President?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Term (4 Years)

    26 18.06%
  • 2 Terms (8 Years)

    51 35.42%
  • 1st Term Impeachment/Assassination

    50 34.72%
  • 2nd Term Impeachment/Assassination

    4 2.78%
  • I don't know what's going on!

    13 9.03%
Page 46 of 558 FirstFirst ... 61116212631364142434445464748495051566166717681869196146296546 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 13944

Thread: ✮✮✮ !Trump Dump! ✮✮✮

  1. #1126
    Chakat sex pillow
    Registered: Sep 2006
    Location: not here
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    Hydrocele. :P
    Well, shit, I'm sorry (that I asked). Maybe Daniel Day-Lewis has the right idea.

  2. #1127
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2009
    Location: The Spiraling Sea
    Quote Originally Posted by faetal View Post
    Anyone want to run a quick Turing test on Vae / Tony?
    Although you are relatively intelligent, your mind is incapable of actualizing my pattern recognition capacity.

    You're nothing more than a sophist, enveloped by constructed ideology, who constantly seeks to resolve their own cognitive dissonance via feeble attempts to discredit others.

  3. #1128
    Chakat sex pillow
    Registered: Sep 2006
    Location: not here
    Does the Turing Test have any hardcoded flags for a sentient thesaurus?

  4. #1129
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2009
    Location: The Spiraling Sea
    It's a shame you're unable to parse the difference between the utilization of vocabulary for precise expression vs. the arbitrary selection of vocabulary.

    Come on, Sulphur, you should know that!


    Anyway, we best be movin' on now...else I'll just end up pitchforkin' your ass...

    Last edited by Vae; 18th Oct 2016 at 14:43.

  5. #1130
    verbose douchebag
    Registered: Apr 2002
    Location: Lyon, France
    Well Tony's absences indicates that he might sleep, which weights in his favour. What are Vae's gaps like (ones after this don't count in case the algorithm catches on)?

  6. #1131
    Chakat sex pillow
    Registered: Sep 2006
    Location: not here
    The devil's in the tautological bandjaxing of phraseology, yes.

  7. #1132
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2009
    Location: The Spiraling Sea
    Quote Originally Posted by faetal View Post
    Well Tony's absences indicates that he might sleep, which weights in his favour. What are Vae's gaps like (ones after this don't count in case the algorithm catches on)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    The devil's in the tautological bandjaxing of phraseology, yes.

    Hey look everyone, there's Sulphur and Faetal doing the the circle-jerk dance...because that's all they can do when they have no logical argument.

  8. #1133
    Chakat sex pillow
    Registered: Sep 2006
    Location: not here
    That was a direct response to you. Considering you just used the word 'parse' in a sentence, it's strange to see a failure of it almost immediately.

  9. #1134
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2001
    Location: Land of the crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    I've no idea what the US is. It all seems so bizarre.

    I was going to post a link to an analysis of voter fraud or lack of it which I thought was on the BBC website but damned if I can find it now. It could have been somewhere else though as Vivian distracted me with his talk of golf courses and I was reminding myself of what Trump/Trump's company did to those people who didn't want to sell their houses to him.

    Edit. I found it. Opinions welcome.
    I don't know what Trump is going on about anymore. Months ago when he was talking about a rigged system, I could get behind some of his points. But he's taken it over the top now by all but declaring the election result invalid before it even happens. I see a desperate man throwing fistfuls of spaghetti at the wall hoping something will stick.

    Leaving aside the potential for hacking electronic voting machines, I think conventional forms of voter fraud are pretty easy to perpetrate on a small scale but hard to do on a scale large enough to throw an election without getting caught.

    Let me give you an example from my state. When you register to vote, you are asked to provide documentation that establishes identity, citizenship, and residency. In lieu of identification and proof of citizenship, you can sign a Qualified Voter Affidavit. In lieu of proof of residency, you can sign a Domicile Affidavit. So you can register without providing any ID or documentation, basically just provide a name and address and place of birth and sign two pages swearing you are who you say. It would be quite easy to drive around and fraudulently register in as many towns or precincts you can reach, or fraudulently register multiple times in the same town as long as the same clerk doesn't recognize you doing it. Or if that's too hard, you can also register by mail with just the signed affidavits.

    The one thing you'd have to be careful of is mailing addresses, because the state does send mailings to registered voters. If you register enough fake addresses, somebody will eventually notice. Not sure just how many it would take, but there have been cases in other states where thousands of fake addresses have been found on voter registration rolls. And if you use real addresses and don't have the ability to receive the mailings, somebody is going to receive mailings with a name they don't recognize and maybe get suspicious. But since my state also allows registration on election day, you wouldn't have to worry about anyone noticing until after the votes are tallied.

    My opinion on the whole voter ID issue is that voter fraud is a problem but not a major problem. It seems like every election cycle we discover some cases of fraud, but never anything that affects an outcome. Whenever the election has been close enough that a few thousands or tens of thousands of votes matter (e.g. Florida in 2000, Ohio in 2004) there is a careful recount and checking of registration rolls. But I don't really see a problem with requiring voter ID and proof of citizenship either, as long as states offer a free photo ID.

  10. #1135
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Quote Originally Posted by heywood View Post
    My opinion on the whole voter ID issue is that voter fraud is a problem but not a major problem. It seems like every election cycle we discover some cases of fraud, but never anything that affects an outcome. Whenever the election has been close enough that a few thousands or tens of thousands of votes matter (e.g. Florida in 2000, Ohio in 2004) there is a careful recount and checking of registration rolls. But I don't really see a problem with requiring voter ID and proof of citizenship either, as long as states offer a free photo ID.
    I don't have anything against voter ID cards either. The problem is that they're usually brought up at the most inconvenient times, keeping some groups of people from being able to get one in a timely enough fashion to vote, or they're made so difficult to get that you have to make a concentrated effort to obtain one.

    If it were set up so that registration opened during the long downtime between election seasons, and they were good for the next 5 or so years, I doubt anyone would complain.

  11. #1136
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2009
    Location: The Spiraling Sea
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    That was a direct response to you. Considering you just used the word 'parse' in a sentence, it's strange to see a failure of it almost immediately.
    There isn't any failure to parse on my part...You should have quoted my post, to avoid any confusion.

    Considering you replied right after Faetal, and that it was a quick one-liner that could be applied sarcastically, I had no reason to think that you failed to post correctly.

    Anyhow...with the clarification, I'm glad to hear that you agree with me...

  12. #1137
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2009
    Location: The Spiraling Sea
    ...Rigging the Election - Video II: Mass Voter Fraud...


  13. #1138
    verbose douchebag
    Registered: Apr 2002
    Location: Lyon, France
    So are YouTube videos supposed to just be proof now? Maybe you and Tony are running off of the same machine after all.

  14. #1139
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    WE CAN'T HANDLE THE REAL TRUTH, THAT'S WHY WE DENY IT! COGNITIVE DISSONANCE 'N STUFF!

  15. #1140
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Here's an article that shows both sides of the equation. It looks at the video as presented, but also brings up O'Keefe's tendency to doctor his work to make things look considerably worse than they actually were.

  16. #1141
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2002
    Location: Pacific Northwest
    I'm honestly curious. What exactly are all you Trump supporters going to do if Hillary wins the election next month? Moving to Canada is a valid option.

    [edit]those of you who are in fact bots are welcome to respond. free your bits!

  17. #1142
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2009
    Location: The Spiraling Sea
    Quote Originally Posted by faetal View Post
    So are YouTube videos supposed to just be proof now?
    Yes...since it's a YouTube video, it must be proof...unlike that unscrupulous Vimeo!...

    Maybe you and Tony are running off of the same machine after all.
    Yes...both Tony and I have presented YouTube videos, therefore logic would dictate that we are in fact the same person running off the same machine.


    Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    WE CAN'T HANDLE THE REAL TRUTH, THAT'S WHY WE DENY IT!
    DID YOU ORDER THE CODE RED!!?!!...

  18. #1143
    Moderator
    Registered: Jan 2003
    Location: NeoTokyo
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher View Post
    I'm honestly curious. What exactly are all you Trump supporters going to do if Hillary wins the election next month? Moving to Canada is a valid option.
    According to people in my Facebook feed that match this description, they are going to stockpile supplies and move into their bomb shelters for four to eight years.

  19. #1144
    Chakat sex pillow
    Registered: Sep 2006
    Location: not here
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    Yes...since it's a YouTube video, it must be proof...unlike that unscrupulous Vimeo!...
    This is true, since while YT won't host soft porn, Vimeo kinda does, which means at least one of these services is that much more responsible when hosting user-made content without verifiable evidence, citations, or logic.

    Yes...both Tony and I have presented YouTube videos, therefore logic would dictate that we are in fact the same person running off the same machine.
    Or the same codebase running two entities on the same server.

  20. #1145
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    DID YOU ORDER THE CODE RED!!?!!...
    What? Like Mountain Dew Code Red? I used to love that stuff!

  21. #1146
    verbose douchebag
    Registered: Apr 2002
    Location: Lyon, France
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    Yes...both Tony and I have presented YouTube videos, therefore logic would dictate that we are in fact the same person running off the same machine.
    You both seem to drop YouTube videos as proof of things.

  22. #1147
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2002
    Location: London / London / London
    You things call yourselves people now? Wow, progress.

    Hey Robo-Vaes #1 and #2, what do you think of this? Fairly thoroughly takedown of O'Keefe: http://www.snopes.com/2016/10/18/pro..._medium=social
    Last edited by Vivian; 19th Oct 2016 at 02:46.

  23. #1148
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2001
    Location: Switzerland
    I'll call anything with Scarlett Johansson's voice a person. Take note, TrumpBots.

  24. #1149
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2009
    Location: The Spiraling Sea
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher View Post
    I'm honestly curious. What exactly are all you Trump supporters going to do if Hillary wins the election next month?
    Since I haven't endorsed Trump, I can't speak for his supporters...Although, I imagine they will probably want a TEXIT.

  25. #1150
    Moderator
    Registered: Jan 2003
    Location: NeoTokyo
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirith View Post
    I'll call anything with Scarlett Johansson's voice a person. Take note, TrumpBots.
    You just had to pick the most prolifically non-human-role actress to make that point, didn't you?

Page 46 of 558 FirstFirst ... 61116212631364142434445464748495051566166717681869196146296546 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •