TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: How long will Trump be President?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Term (4 Years)

26 18.06%
  • 2 Terms (8 Years)

51 35.42%
  • 1st Term Impeachment/Assassination

50 34.72%
  • 2nd Term Impeachment/Assassination

4 2.78%
  • I don't know what's going on!

13 9.03%

Thread: ✮✮✮ !Trump Dump! ✮✮✮

I also hated football in my school days, and I was bad at it. I've always been bad at any game involving a ball, or indeed any flying object. Probably in part something to do with my lack of stereo vision, which puts me at a disadvantage, although I didn't realise it until I got much older. But in the afternoons every kid in the neighbourhood would be on the field (which was maybe all of 40 metres from our house), so in those days it was often play football or play alone.

Fast forward to my university years, when I joined a group of people who'd gather every Saturday for a game of football, and I absolutely loved it. I was just as bad as ever, but for the first time, it was fun. I've no idea why I had this change of heart, but I was genuinely surprised at myself.

Anyway, I find watching football mostly boring, although I don't think that more goals would make it more enjoyable for me. I certainly wouldn't enjoy a game where everybody stands around for 5 hours waiting for a guy to throw a ball, and for another guy to hit it with a stick. Or watching a bunch of guys skating wildly around the rink, always wondering where the fuck the puck is. Or guys cracking their skulls together so everybody dies of brain injury at 35. Or guys dunking 100 points a minute so that keeping the score gets as exciting as counting my XPs in World of Warcraft.

I guess I just don't like to watch sports.

*** BREAKING NEWS ***

Islamophobe Drumpf, celebrates the victory of bringing the world’s number one terrorist leader to justice!...

He died like a coward, he died like a dog!

~ Drumpf
    Just like you will, once we find the Pee Tape!...

Lord Dampnut plans to send more troops to Syria to protect what's most important to the US -- Syrian oil:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/27/trum...yrian-oil.html

[...]
    President Trump has identified Syria’s oil as a U.S. national security priority and has committed to deploying troops to protect the country’s reserves even as he pulls troops from Syria’s northern regions. U.S. Defense Secretary Mark Esper said this week that the U.S. will send in troops to protect Syrian oil fields from Islamic State militants.

Trump has faced heated criticism from both Republicans and Democrats, who have accused the president of abandoning an American ally by pulling troops from the Syrian-Turkish border region. The withdrawal cleared the way for a Turkish military operation against the Kurds, U.S. allies in the fight against the so-called Islamic State, or ISIS.

“The oil is so valuable, for many reasons,” Trump said on Sunday. “It fueled ISIS, number one. Number two, it helps the Kurds – because it’s basically been taken away from the Kurds... And, number three, it can help us, because we should be able to take some also.”

Trump made the comments while announcing the death of Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdad following a U.S. military raid in Syria.

In a press conference that followed, U.S. Senator Lindsey Graham of South Carolina supported President Trump’s focus on Syrian oil, when a reporter asked by what “legal right in international law” the U.S. could take Syrian oil.

“This was the chief source of revenue for a long time for ISIS,” Graham said. “It is now in the hands of Syrian Democratic Forces, which are Arabic Kurds, mostly Kurds, with the partnership with the United States. So, no this doesn’t violate any law. In my view, what it does is just good common sense foreign policy.”
    [...]

Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    *** BREAKING NEWS ***

Islamophobe Drumpf, celebrates the victory of bringing the world’s number one terrorist leader to justice!...

Just like you will, once we find the Pee Tape!...
    A coward vs a professional dork.
    Not a chance, not fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Tarantula View Post
    Holy.....fucking.....shit.....

https://vault.fbi.gov/the-finders

Read the PDF. Any commentary I could make would only detract from what's in there.

This is nearly 300 pages of heavily redacted documents from 25 years ago. There's nothing in the first few pages to indicate that this mass of documents is even remotely related to the subject matter of this thread, and nothing at all in your post. Why are you posting this here? What relevance does it have to anything being discussed here?

Moderator and Priest
    It's the implications, man. Read between the lines.

I thought it was time to bring some fair and balanced coverage to this lefty-luv fest.

Last edited by Nicker; 28th Oct 2019 at 16:22.

Moderator and Priest
    This is the reason why you don't want the president directly interfering with the DoJ, even if it is officially under his purview.

Has Barr's investigation uncovered certain criminal misdeeds by those responsible for the Russia probe? It's very possible. Though with Barr having previously shown himself to be primarily concerned with protecting Trump's interests, it's hard to tell if this is a legitimate investigation, or a political play to distract from the ensuing impeachment hearings.

Hell, it could be both, EVERYONE'S broken the law at some point, and now they're all trying to point fingers at each other to distract from their own crimes.

Just, uh, pick whatever flavor of scandal you prefer, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    Has Barr's investigation uncovered certain criminal misdeeds by those responsible for the Russia probe? It's very possible.
    If there's some factual basis for the investigation (which is required by DOJ rules, as far as I understand it), I'd love to see it.

Lord Dampnut's speech vs Obama's speech on US forces killing a notorious terrorist leader:

BANNED
    bad guy dead, trump is evil for pulling out of Syria and still getting the bad guy
    (Meme removed)

Lord Dampnut almost fucked the operation up because of his whimsical decision to betray key allies who have been crucial in fighting ISIS. Also, nice of you to point out that Obama took the high road while Cadet Bone Spurs couldn't help but act weak and petty.

Oh, and what's that? Baghdadi was also given a sea burial? Well, fancy that.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-m...-idUSKBN1X7215

The United States has given the remains of Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi a burial at sea and afforded him religious rites according to Islamic custom after he was killed in a U.S. commando raid in Syria on Saturday, three officials told Reuters.
    Finally, he didn't "pull out of Syria". He hastily and sloppily relocated some of the troops there to Iraq and thereby lost leverage to push for a diplomatic solution all the while he is planning to send even more to another part of Syria to protect some oil fields. Because that's where his priorities are.
    Last edited by Starker; 29th Oct 2019 at 13:49.

BANNED
    SO oretard invaded Syria for the oil fields???

SOOOOO you are back with the whaddaboutisms and strawmen?

But at least Drumph didn't compromise the security of the operation by blabbing to Congress about it before hand. Instead he told the Russians all about it beforehand.

BANNED
    Starker DOES have valid good points, cheeto hitler left Syria AND like the dumb fuck that he is just put troops elsewhere.
    you guys live in a bubble of your own making, overlooking the picture is partly how we get here........ we had no damn business in Syria to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    .... we had no damn business in Syria to begin with.
    Take it up with the British, post WW2. And big oil. Good luck with your time machine.

Moderator and Priest
    SO oretard invaded Syria for the oil fields???
    We never invaded Syria, given that we didn't have a large military presence there until Trump escalated our involvement. What we had were a handful of people, likely headed by the Pentagon, possibly the CIA, who'd hand out guns to insurgents like so much free candy, train them in their usage, then sic them on our intended targets. In short, Obama's intentions were to use a proxy to topple Assad's regime, go after ISIS, then possibly have an ally in the region who'd probably sell us oil for cheap after the dust had settled.

It's about bog standard US foreign policy as far as the Middle East is concerned. In contrast, Trump's plans seems like a bunch of short term jumps to get headlines (TRUMP DEFEATED ISIS! TRUMP PULLED THE US OUT OF THE MIDDLE EAST!) without any regard for further strategy. The problem now is he's all over the place. We withdrew. Tensions immediately escalated thereafter, and a bunch of our long term allies took some flak for Trump's grand gesture. The troops who were expected to return home have instead been rerouted to Saudi Arabia and Iraq, seemingly at the last minute, and now we may be redeploying them to Syria over some bullshit with oil fields. Obama's plan would've likely lead us to yet more of the same crap we've been dealing with since the petrodollar became a thing, but hey, at least there was a plan. I can't say the same for whatever it is Trump's doing.
    Last edited by Renzatic; 29th Oct 2019 at 18:25.

BANNED
    deflection...................oh what the fuck...............
    I am reaching the fuck trump point..................

Moderator and Priest
    Hell no you're not! You'll keep triggering the libs if you know what's good for you.

you guys live in a bubble of your own making, overlooking the picture is partly how we get here........ we had no damn business in Syria to begin with.
    No, it's you.

This pseudomarxistoid pseudorationalization " I HATE WAR, YOU LOVE IT YOU LIBTARD WARMONGERZZZZ" tells everything about you.

If you're not trolling.....but you are.
    Really, don't even try harder.

Godammit. None of you are going to point out that burial at sea is against Muslim tradition and not in accordance with? I'm I the only motherfucker with a memory? He was buried at sea to keep from there being a place that radicals could make a shrine. Jesus fuck I had to speak up. It's my form of OCD. If one of you would instead of just moving on I wouldn't have to type and could just read. But it gnaws at me. So shit. Anyway, carry on.

One person's facts are another person's deflections.

In any case, it's not about Syria, it's about Donald Trump, who confessed to abusing his office for personal political gain. He violated the constitution he swore to uphold and protect. He called that constitution "phony". If there was a worse president before him, so fucking what? It's not relevant. It's a distraction... a diversion... a... another word starting with D.

I am open to suggestions.

When the GOP claims to be the party of Law & Order, they spare no expense...

Trump announces The Surge. A national directive to crack down on violent crime and $600 million of surplus military gear for civilian law enforcement to gear up with.

"In coming weeks, Attorney General Barr will announce a new crackdown on violent crime—which I think is so important—targeting gangs and drug traffickers in high crime cities and dangerous rural areas," Trump said during the International Association of Chiefs of Police conference in Chicago. "Let's call it the surge."

Can anyone from Chicago or Kabul confirm the following?

As if to emphasize his view of America's cities as war zones, Trump went on to tout his administration's success in putting military equipment into the hands of U.S. police officers and claimed "Afghanistan is a safe place" compared to Chicago.

Moderator and Priest
    To be fair, this isn't a particularly partisan issue. I'm fairly sure arming our police with military equipment happened under the Obama administration too.

Still doesn't make it right, but it's something we need to call everyone out on.

Can anyone from Chicago or Kabul confirm the following?
    I live in Chattanooga, and there has been an uptick in shootings this year. Thing is, it's always gang related, and it seems to happen just in this one park, so no one really gives a damn.

How frequent are suicide bombings at weddings in Chattanooga? Asking for a friend.

Sure other Prezzies have given the police war gear but it's the timing of this announcement and the evil fuck-stick put in charge of rolling it out that is of concern. How long until chanting "lock him up" at a baseball game is labeled as violent gang behaviour? I am exaggerating, of course. Or am I?

Page 464 of 559 FirstFirst ... 214364414419424429434439444449454459460461462463464465466467468469474479484489494499504509514 ... LastLast